Over 60 help and support.

[Li...]

Yes, antibiotics made me way worse for a month or two.  I had to take them for URI...  very anxious and vibratey and worse insomnia (a good night for me is 4 hrs... a bad night is zero)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Barbara. I was thinking I was going mad as all of a sudden I am worse since antibiotics. I managed to get some CBD and am trying that at night time. No THC in it. Hoping it will heal brain. My kidney keeps aching, no temp though so don't know what is going on. This kidney is a bit wonky and I really need an operation, when I am a bit healthier. Life can be so hard sometimes. This forum is a godsend. At least people here understand what you are going through,

Thanks all

Jan

Thanks for replying Barbara Ann .. sometimes it’s as bad as when I was tapering. The thing is when you’re tapering  you can blame all these things  that happen on the withdrawal itself . There is always a reason for feeling as bad as you do ..  but when you’re off the drug the brain then suggests to you it’s something else. Something even more sinister ! Anxiety plays a huge part . Still feeling pretty miserable ..😥

Hi Bozo, I was reading some of your past posts about your auditory hallucinations.

Mine have been ongoing for years.  After several dxs it was finally explained that your brain tries to make sense of the tinnitus sound and will co relate it to a memory.  I used to get up and look for wherever the sound was coming from.sometimes I could hear radio call signs, weather and traffic reports but tuning in my radio, I could not match them.

Now I have to listen to white noise to distract it unless I want to just give up and enjoy the music.

I hate my pvcs. Anyone else have them? Went to the ER was throwing single pvcs 5 to 11 times a minute. But the doctor said not to worry unless they start being multiples. I sure hope this decreases after all the benzo circus is over. Anyone have an abnormal ekg saying "possible LVH" and then the doctor saying not to worry because sinus rhythm was ok and so was chest xray?

I hate my pvcs. Anyone else have them? Went to the ER was throwing single pvcs 5 to 11 times a minute. But the doctor said not to worry unless they start being multiples. I sure hope this decreases after all the benzo circus is over. Anyone have an abnormal ekg saying "possible LVH" and then the doctor saying not to worry because sinus rhythm was ok and so was chest xray?

Trishy may be a good person for you to talk to, you can pm or post her on Long Hold Support Group  ;)

Trishy may be a good person for you to talk to, you can pm or post her on Long Hold Support Group  ;)

Thank you I will try to reach her!

Joy, my PVCs started on my taper and were alarming. Like you, I went to the ER, had a workup. Nothing.

They have quieted down since the end of my taper, but I still have them. When I'm stressed. Or ill.

I hope yours leave you after your taper. But if they don't, it seems there's a) nothing we can do about them and b) nothing much (usually) to worry about.

Sigh. I just live with mine.

Katz

I have had PVC's off and on for many years. I think mine were due to hormonal shifts. I still get them even when I am not tapering. I am now. They are more annoying than anything. I had a 2 week bout of them when I was in my late 30's. I was not on any meds at all. I worked as an RN and finally went over to the telemetry floor and had the charge nurse put me on the monitor. The next I knew I was in a wheelchair headed for the ER. EKG showed trigeminy which is 3 beats, 2 PVC's, 1 sinus rhythm. The Chief Resident was not concerned and the attending came in and agreed. They ordered an Echo, and I think further EKG testing. Everything was normal and the arrhythmias finally went away. They tried me on a beta blocker, but I hated it. It did not seem to help me. I don't worry about them. At our age, Atrial fibrillation is most common and that does need medical attention. During my C/T I had many PVC's who knows what else, but I am still here! 

Joy, my PVCs started on my taper and were alarming. Like you, I went to the ER, had a workup. Nothing.

They have quieted down since the end of my taper, but I still have them. When I'm stressed. Or ill.

I hope yours leave you after your taper. But if they don't, it seems there's a) nothing we can do about them and b) nothing much (usually) to worry about.

Sigh. I just live with mine.

Katz

Dear dear Katz how comforting to read what you wrote. I am getting more now. They last for hours. I keep rewinding in my mind that the doctor said not to worry. Thank you for writing.

I have had PVC's off and on for many years. I think mine were due to hormonal shifts. I still get them even when I am not tapering. I am now. They are more annoying than anything. I had a 2 week bout of them when I was in my late 30's. I was not on any meds at all. I worked as an RN and finally went over to the telemetry floor and had the charge nurse put me on the monitor. The next I knew I was in a wheelchair headed for the ER. EKG showed trigeminy which is 3 beats, 2 PVC's, 1 sinus rhythm. The Chief Resident was not concerned and the attending came in and agreed. They ordered an Echo, and I think further EKG testing. Everything was normal and the arrhythmias finally went away. They tried me on a beta blocker, but I hated it. It did not seem to help me. I don't worry about them. At our age, Atrial fibrillation is most common and that does need medical attention. During my C/T I had many PVC's who knows what else, but I am still here!

Dear Dana your history of pvcs gives me so much encouragement.  They seem so scary and persistent.  Bouts last for hours. I've had these for years but never for so long. I believe that benzos are so very damaging. We are healing, but sometimes the journey is making me weary. Thank you so much for writing. Heart stuff is anxiety provoking for sure.

Joy, sometimes my bouts of PVCs last for quite a while also. They are pesky and scary! And sometimes they come day after day. I guess I have days of stress lol. (Actually, I do).

But then I can go for weeks without any.

Try not to worry.

Isn't getting old fun?  :tickedoff:

Katz

Went to the senior center today in town and  did chair yoga it was very helpful we did a lot of deep breathing and I talked with the yoga structure and she taught me how to breathe through my nose in an out for my central nervous system. I encourage you if you have a senior center to see if they have yoga classes they don’t cost anything

I have a question I’m 16 months of your mental symptoms were they worse in the morning or in the evening are you lasted all day just curious !

Depends on the day.  For the past two months, my mornings are my Best time of day.  Never thought that would happen.  The mental stuff can kick up anytime.  Usually occurs along with regular life stressors.  It's much easier now to notice the irrational thoughts and let them go.  It's been a few months since I was plagued all day by intrusive thoughts.  But they still do come...but go a lot quicker.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm 61 and 5 weeks since I jumped.  To be honest, I think POOP probably feels better physically than I do :-\.  I feel so totally alone.  Saying that is the most honest I've been with myself in a very long time. It's nice to see other baby boomers on this journey.

I honestly do think that we older people do better than young people. W have experienced many "life's crisises" by now, and had to learn how to handle them without becoming unhinged. A person of, say, 32, has normally NOT gone through a lot of  issues like we have.

Something I have long noticed on BB is that this site attracts really intelligent people, usually well educated as well. Any ideas on why this seems to be true?

All of you will do fine. Just keep going, and never give up. Much better days are coming your way, just as they did for this ancient warrior.

east (Annie)

Hey Breck and app . . . welcome.

I laughed and laughed, app, when you said poop might feel better than you. I remember the feeling.

You're not alone, you guys. Lots of us boomers (i.e. those who, as a friend of mine says, are "older than dirt") hang out here. And elsewhere on these boards, too.

:smitten:

Katz

I recently found out that I belong to the Silent Generation.  I think it's called that because so many of this generation are dead.

Actually had to google it to be sure and caught the humor. 

Thank everyone for the welcome to this group !

It certainly is less ominous to know that others in my age group have (and still may be) muddling through the minefield of tapering, withdrawal, and eventual healing.  I've felt like I was of the silent generation for so long, and it's refreshing to poke my head up out of the sand, and find people who know what I'm going through.  I have a modicum of hope, now. Thank you. :angel::smitten: