• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ms...]

• [Ju...]

• [In...]

I plan on submitting mine later today, as I want to take the time to do it right, not in a hurry. I think it's a wonderful idea, and I'll be happy to add my opinion. While it's unlike to help do anything to help my own situation, if I can save anyone else from suffering the hell that myself and many of us have been through, then I'll consider it a very well spent few minutes!

Also, I wanted to tell my fellow Buddies that there is already a black box warning on all benzo prescriptions here in Massachusetts. Since January 1st, 2018, I've been given a two-page (front and back) packet outlining the dangers of taking benzos—with a particular focus on the potential for dependence—with every refill of my benzo prescription.

Sadly, there is almost no information on how to get help for those who're already dependent on benzos, and there are zero resources to help get you off of them—aside from the laughable 5-day detox centers that'll place you in an institutional setting, shoulder-to-shoulder with hardcore drug addicts.

Still, it's a great step forward from the days when benzos were prescribed indiscriminately, and as a panacea for everything from normal cases of nervousness and sleeplessness, to severe panic anxiety—and everything in between.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Black boxes are federal, so if one state has them, they all do.

There is a black box on benzos but only on their interactions with opiates.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I qualify for this since I was not really prescribed these pills plus I abused them

Doesn’t matter whether you abused them or not. You can still fill it out if you meet the following criteria:

1. US resident

2. Your pills were made by a pharmaceutical company (not counterfeit)

3. You experienced adverse effects

I don't think I qualify for this since I was not really prescribed these pills plus I abused them

Doesn’t matter whether you abused them or not. You can still fill it out if you meet the following criteria:

1. US resident

2. Your pills were made by a pharmaceutical company (not counterfeit)

3. You experienced adverse effects

Okay I'll fill it out then. I hope it will make a difference

• 2 months later...

Very happy  :)  to have found out about this & will absolutely be filling out the form.  I did click link & read some of it...see that it's 4 pages, so I want to be as alert as is possible @ present...chances better when computer-fresh & that's not right now, as I spent 8 hours :o online yesterday (too long! :idiot:)  -it's good distraction; I'm currently in lots of pain.  Fearing dr. but feel I do need to see one, as ankles are swollen & painful; concerned blood pressure has elevated to very unhealthy level, as it was borderline high pre-taper...friend will be accompanying next week=Much dread. 

I came upon this by clicking the pop-up on bb & so glad I did! :thumbsup:

To MsAtomicBomb...see that you're founder of Benzodiazepene Information Coalition...is the anonymous survey of late '18 still in progress?  Maybe that could also be a pop-up alert here(?)  I mentioned it in lots of my posts & to any members I'd been PMing with.  (Haven't been so active of late, as last 2 months of this have been the worst yet.)

Wishing all viewing - good healing. :smitten::thumbsup:

Very happy  :)  to have found out about this & will absolutely be filling out the form.  I did click link & read some of it...see that it's 4 pages, so I want to be as alert as is possible @ present...chances better when computer-fresh & that's not right now, as I spent 8 hours :o online yesterday (too long! :idiot:)  -it's good distraction; I'm currently in lots of pain.  Fearing dr. but feel I do need to see one, as ankles are swollen & painful; concerned blood pressure has elevated to very unhealthy level, as it was borderline high pre-taper...friend will be accompanying next week=Much dread. 

I came upon this by clicking the pop-up on bb & so glad I did! :thumbsup:

To MsAtomicBomb...see that you're founder of Benzodiazepene Information Coalition...is the anonymous survey of late '18 still in progress?  Maybe that could also be a pop-up alert here(?)  I mentioned it in lots of my posts & to any members I'd been PMing with.  (Haven't been so active of late, as last 2 months of this have been the worst yet.)

Wishing all viewing - good healing. :smitten::thumbsup:

Hey there!

This is the current survey. The other survey closed. https://www.benzoinfo.com/2019/02/13/new-survey-clinical-benzo-use-medical-costs/

It's anonymous, and the FDA can be anonymous as well. The two are not related if anyone is reading this and confused.

Thanks for doing this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just submitted the Medwatch report.  Thank you so much MsAtomic for including the link. (Found in the post below).  This was a stressful process but it is SO IMPORTANT!!  We as a  community have an obligation to fill out this report. The report gives you several sections to reveal the tests you were given, the diagnoses (albeit, there aren't any most of the time) and finally the state of our health after using and trying to taper off these horrific drugs. 

To those of you that didn't have scripts, the report doesn't ask for that detail.  It only asks how much you were using and when you started.  I believe any information

that will detail the horrors of these drugs is critical.  If there is a post starting a lawsuit on these companies, I'll sign up on that one too :tickedoff:

Fighting the system,

Klonkar

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed and submitted. Although it is the FDA so it feels like an effort in futility.

I'd submitted mine a week or 2 ago, but completely agree w/you.  The FDA's a joke  :tickedoff: or class action lawsuits wouldn't exist.  They treat all conditions & people as if they're in clinical trials, approving drugs too quickly.

Just completed and submitted. Although it is the FDA so it feels like an effort in futility.

I'd submitted mine a week or 2 ago, but completely agree w/you.  The FDA's a joke  :tickedoff: or class action lawsuits wouldn't exist.  They treat all conditions & people as if they're in clinical trials, approving drugs too quickly.

They are a joke, but the numbers adding up will give activists more to work with later. You can see the reporting numbers for various drugs here:

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/surveillance/adversedrugeffects/ucm070093.htm

The numbers are all rising on the various Benzo drugs. It's annoying they divide them by name and then also generic name. EX: Lorazepam doubled in the past year or so (2017/2018), but ativan hasn't. Eventually someone will combine all of it and do more than a petition so having the recent evidence is useful.

• 2 months later...
[d1...]

I really want to report what I've gone through. But, I am highly concerned it would somehow manage to get back to the VA.  They have me on their leash, in some way, apparently.

I can't bring myself to complete the application each time I try.  Plus my story is just too weird and needlessly complicated.

[d1...]

I want to thank you for your suggestion! And, I mean that! It's just  too complicated

One part of it includes my concern that if I did participate and then shortly after noticed some sort of change in my VA care, I'd likely be unable to accept that the change (especially a negative change) had nothing to do with participating.

And a lot of other stuff too. Some different, some similar.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still blows me away that this thread has not blown up. Every single person on this site should filing a report.

IKR! 1000s of reports at once is hard to argue with when people organize and go to the FDA under their outlined process demanding change, which is what will eventually happen.

• 1 month later...

I have LOOKED INTO filing a report -

But on a different (very dangerous, and I suspect moreso if Px to a person using benzo "as prescirbed")

The drug (Chantix) was test for (COUGH) "Safety & Efficacy" on users of several other Psych Meds, I've turn ncbi upside down and can find not even a "CASE REPORT" - good or negative - regarding Chantix w/ a benzo Px person.

My therpapist (Phd, 25+years) genuinely suspects more brain damage than I had before, and "This isn't what I typically see with B alone".

Would it not be most effective if the PROFESSIONAL submitted the "Adverse Event"?

I'm wagering the reason most people do not file is - the sense of futility. AND ABSENT CONEXT. - - how can ya make even a rough estimate without "Events per ????"

e.g. we easily see 1013 AE's (hypothetically) but were 10,130 Px written? 101,300 Px? Or Millions of Px? nowhere can I find the number of Px (w. respect to any drug) for the year - Can't find the "Number of Px" @ even the pharma companies sites, the pdf's of their "Prospectus" NO PLACE. Research is what I DO - recovering hacker - The information HAS to exist, if "meh" can't find it, that means it's WELL HIDDEN (intentionally)

FAERS (fears?) is better than nothing, but itself bears "looking into". With all the rigorous "Prescription Monitoring" we now have, there's NO EXCUSE for the missing data

What GENUINELY takes place when the report is filed? I turned the "FAERS" site inside out (and searched every else-where) but could find ZILCH about "action following report"... it seems these are merely recorded and stored - - they CAN be looked up, very specific even (I searched FAERS for the drug-combo as well) but not even a HINT of what happens next - I suspect the MISSING information @ FAERS is omitted intentionally.

If anyone knows how the FAERS "takes action" on these reports I'm ALL EARS - if the ACTION FOLLOWING such reports were transparent I'd wager MANY more people would submit (I aim to ask Therpaist to do so anyways_)

MUCH THANKS

LC