• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ms...]

• [Ju...]

• [In...]

I filled it out, but felt a little nervous about giving my name and address... do you think it's okay?

Me too. I'm sure we're in a file somewhere labeled "crazy" but this scourge has to be stopped. :thumbsup:

I filled it out, but felt a little nervous about giving my name and address... do you think it's okay?

Yes it's OK.  The information only goes to the FDA, not your doctor, pharmacy, or anyone else for that matter. It is merely so they can contact you if they need further info. Thank you for filling it out. Every one counts!

I'm estimating we have about 140 reports filled out so far. We'd love to reach 1000 but definitely 500! Cone on benzo buds, we can do this!

I'm surprised this has not gone through the roof with people filling it out.

Me too. Tell your benzo friends! I think this a not well trafficked part of the site.

Me too. Tell your benzo friends! I think this a not well trafficked part of the site.

There is the news section at the top-right on every page of the forum. On most page impressions, the news item is an alert and link to this thread. It makes a big difference.

There is the news section at the top-right on every page of the forum. On most page impressions, the news item is an alert and link to this thread. It makes a big difference.

Yes I know it's there. I'm just not sure if people aren't noticing it or what. Because I was hoping for a lot more replies on this thread. Any ideas Colin?

My number-one hope is that doctors don't start forcing people off of their benzdiazepines, but instead find a way to humanely and safely help folks get off of them. There are still a lot of people who are dependent on benzos, and forcing them off of them would be both disastrous and unethical. It just scares me when I hear & read so much demonizing language being used to describe a medication that I am dependent on. I have every good intention of tapering-off of my Valium prescription (hence why I'm here), but I simply can't be expected to come off of it quickly and be okay. One thing I'm certain of is that I'm not the only one who feels this way, even though I feel like I am sometimes :-[

Like many others here have said, hopefully they take this information and do something TRULY GOOD with it. My hopes aren't high, but maybe—just maybe—American doctors will wake up and realize that we have an issue, and we need to solve it with realistic, viable solutions; not to just tell people to get off of or stop taking their medication. 

:-\

I just don't know whether to participate in the survery or not. What's it like; anybody here take it yet?

Yes I know it's there. I'm just not sure if people aren't noticing it or what. Because I was hoping for a lot more replies on this thread. Any ideas Colin?

We've tweaked the message at the top of the page a bit making it larger and more "colorful".  We can make it even larger but I don't know if that will help.

My number-one hope is that doctors don't start forcing people off of their benzdiazepines, but instead find a way to humanely and safely help folks get off of them. There are still a lot of people who are dependent on benzos, and forcing them off of them would be both disastrous and unethical. It just scares me when I hear & read so much demonizing language being used to describe a medication that I am dependent on. I have every good intention of tapering-off of my Valium prescription (hence why I'm here), but I simply can't be expected to come off of it quickly and be okay. One thing I'm certain of is that I'm not the only one who feels this way, even though I feel like I am sometimes :-[

Like many others here have said, hopefully they take this information and do something TRULY GOOD with it. My hopes aren't high, but maybe—just maybe—American doctors will wake up and realize that we have an issue, and we need to solve it with realistic, viable solutions; not to just tell people to get off of or stop taking their medication. 

I just don't know whether to participate in the survery or not. What's it like; anybody here take it yet?

Yes you raise a very good point. We are well aware that there are many still dependent, me being one of them.  The black box warning would help more with keeping people from getting started on the medication in the first place. There are already warnings that the medication should be tapered if trying to come off, usually on the package insert. But I agree physicians need more education in this area. The FDA initiative is only part of some of the advocacy efforts. Also, getting the warning label will not happen overnight, it will take some time and effort.

As far as the form itself, it's an easy online submission. Check it out in the link in the original post. If you have any questions please PM me as I have filled out several (one for me and several on behalf of others who needed help due to cognitive issues or difficulty with computers).

We've tweaked the message at the top of the page a bit making it larger and more "colorful".  We can make it even larger but I don't know if that will help.

Thanks PG!

Edit: fixed quote box.

I took it. Easy and straight forward. No way is it going to lead straight to people being yanked of benzos. This is really just the opening phase.

I took it. Easy and straight forward. No way is it going to lead straight to people being yanked of benzos. This is really just the opening phase.

Thanks. No it won't. I fear that could happen one day if our voices are not expressed. So I think expressing the real problem and getting it started is critical.

Right now without medicine and the FDA acknowledging the wd syndrome the reasons they'd be restricted or banned are Alzheimer's opiates or addiction. W. No consideration for the withdrawal syndrome. We need our voices at the table as an insurance policy should it ever go that way.

How do I locate the form? At the FDA site?

Click on the link in the original post. After that there's a direct link to the form. You may also google FDA Medwatch Report and it will come up.

Suggestion. 

This thread is visible and accessible to logged in members only.  How about it be moved to an open board (e.g. Benzos in the News) whereby guests who see the alert may also be inclined to participate.

By the way, I think the gaudy green/orange ;D is great!  I can be guilty of not noticing more subtle alerts, but this one catches my eye every time!  :thumbsup:

I hope it's ok but I posted info about this on five or six popular threads I'm on.

Thank you! It's approved by Benzobuddies and there's a link to it at the top of the page so I can't imagine they would mind.