FDA MEDWATCH PROGRAM

[pi...]

I don't know how compelling my story is, but I filled one out. A scary warning label would have probably been enough to stop me from ever taking it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ms...]

• [Ju...]

• [In...]

I don't know how compelling my story is, but I filled one out. A scary warning label would have probably been enough to stop me from ever taking it.

:thumbsup:

I'm looking at page one of this form and am trying to figure out the "Date The Problem Occurred" part.

There isn't one problem that happened at one time.  I had many issues with tolerance over time and never knew what it was, but the more brutal stuff started to happen after I started to taper. 

Again, it is ongoing and not the one time occurrence that this form is laid out to be.

I'm looking at page one of this form and am trying to figure out the "Date The Problem Occurred" part.

There isn't one problem that happened at one time.  I had many issues with tolerance over time and never knew what it was, but the more brutal stuff started to happen after I started to taper. 

Again, it is ongoing and not the one time occurrence that this form is laid out to be.

We are telling people to come up with an approximate date. I could pinpoint mine to month and year but just made up a day. You can use when you started to notice symptoms related to tolerance or the bad withdrawal symptoms, it's up to you. Just don't get stumped on this question as the next page has a box for you to tell your story about the problem and you can more fully explain the issue.

Okay, done.

The start date did not go back far enough for me for it only goes back 10yrs. 

I had to write 1988 elsewhere.

Okay, done.

The start date did not go back far enough for me for it only goes back 10yrs. 

I had to write 1988 elsewhere.

No worries! As long as you got your story in there they will get the gist. Thanks for doing it  :) It actually goes back further. If you click on 2007 then open the box again, earlier dates will appear. It's a weird glitch I've found in the form. Just putting this out there for others filling it out.

what a pity that its US citizens only. Why wouldnt they want to collect all the info from around the world...

what a pity that its US citizens only. Why wouldnt they want to collect all the info from around the world...

Well different things are sold and/or legal in other parts of the world, which the FDA does not have jurisdiction over. They're just collecting info on drugs/brands that they have approved. It does make some sense to me, but perhaps your country has a similar regulatory healthcare body that can be contacted.

Canada and U.K. Do have similar bodies if someone wants to start something there. The key is follow up with an organization. The BMA is on benzo people's side in the U.K. So perhaps ask the benzo U.K. People at benzoinfo.com how to help if you're from the U.K. 

I was just yanked off benzos by my doc since they are now receiving federal funding and are afraid of losing it. NO way will I fill out something that asks for my address.

Done and i will fill out any form i need to get Benzo's off the market.They have ruined my life since 2006.I'm not able to leave my house or even see my friends or family.I hope this works and we get the fda to finally recognize the hell these drugs put people thru.

I completed mine a few days ago.  It felt cathartic.  I encourage all my fellow BBs to participate.  It's an easy form to complete, even with cognitive issues.  WR

I was just yanked off benzos by my doc since they are now receiving federal funding and are afraid of losing it. NO way will I fill out something that asks for my address.

Just wanted to clarify that you cannot lose your meds from filling out the form. It is not reported to your doctor or pharmacy. It is only used by the FDA to keep track of numbers of adverse drug events. Only the initials of the patient are entered. It does require a name of the person who is reporting (which could be a friend or family member if you are super worried). There is a field for address, phone, and email of the reporter but none of that is required to file the report. However it is good to at least enter an email address so they can send you confirmation the report was received or contact you in case they need further information about your story.

If anyone needs help, please come to the Facebook groups as many of us have volunteered to help. We have a word document to send if you'd rather fill that out and we will do it from our computers and only use your initials. No other identifying info has to be included.

We are here to help and want to prevent the next generation from experiencing what we have! This should have been done 30 years ago.

Done.

Also sending World Benzodiazepine Day information to my state legislature and primary care physician.

World Benzodiazepine Day is just around the corner, July 11th.

Done.

Also sending World Benzodiazepine Day information to my state legislature and primary care physician.

World Benzodiazepine Day is just around the corner, July 11th.

:smitten:

Correction: World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day.  :)

Stay strong on your path to freedom Hope76. Life gets so much better after benzos.  :smitten:

Stay strong on your path to freedom Hope76. Life gets so much better after benzos.  :smitten:

Thanks so much who-am-I! I'm getting there, slowly but surely  :)

Thanks so much who-am-I! I'm getting there, slowly but surely  :)

Slowly and surely is the way to go! You will get there.  :smitten:

I as well submitted my form.  Is there any type of notification of results that we might be able to get??

I as well submitted my form.  Is there any type of notification of results that we might be able to get??

Thank you! Right now we are in the process of collecting reports so that we can repetition the FDA for stronger warning labels. It will be a long process. But I will update this thread with any news on that front.