Head pressure and squeezing.

[fr...]

Hey Vica:  Thanks for trying this.  I've done it 2 more times today. the full routine and I feel a little bit nauseous afterwards and my eyes burn, but head is truly better. The fullness and stiffness seems to have moved to my neck and shoulders.  Going to figure out why this is happening. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Re hydrotherapy:  I've been doing hydrotherapy showers for years and yes they do stimulate my whole body.  I start with warm shower 2 mins or so and then do 1 minute cool shower repeating the same process getting the water cooler each time. I always end in cold.  Really helps with muscle pain and my head always feels better.  I feel warm getting out of the shower. There are some other methods people use if you google hydrotherapy showers---I'm sure you have read these.  I guess the cold forces blood outwards and the hot forces blood inwards stimulating the whole body.

Good luck with your healing.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Vi...]

• [Kl...]

• [Aj...]

• [Ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You all must think I'm crazy but I continued shaking my head last night really rapidly relaxing as much as possible..my jowls were flapping..and my ears kept popping.  I

also kept stretching my neck and shoulder muscles in different ways because they were getting tight.

I slept better than in years and this morning my headache was better and different. My neck was a little stiff.  Wondering where the pressure in my ears was coming from. 

Glad you don't know who I am cause this does sound like a crazy person.  Waiting to talk to my N.D. daughter...maybe she will tell me I am crazy but maybe she will

put some science behind this process.

Klonkar,

If you are crazy then so am I!!  This horrible head squeezing pain is enough to drive us mad.  Thanks for your suggestions.

You are not crazy, WD is crazy.

SaraSue :smitten:

Hey Vica:  Thanks for trying this.  I've done it 2 more times today. the full routine and I feel a little bit nauseous afterwards and my eyes burn, but head is truly better. The fullness and stiffness seems to have moved to my neck and shoulders.  Going to figure out why this is happening. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Re hydrotherapy:  I've been doing hydrotherapy showers for years and yes they do stimulate my whole body.  I start with warm shower 2 mins or so and then do 1 minute cool shower repeating the same process getting the water cooler each time. I always end in cold.  Really helps with muscle pain and my head always feels better.  I feel warm getting out of the shower. There are some other methods people use if you google hydrotherapy showers---I'm sure you have read these.  I guess the cold forces blood outwards and the hot forces blood inwards stimulating the whole body.

Good luck with your healing.

I’m keep trying and i feel a bit better after... not much just a little.

Don’t ever think we think you crazy... we are very glad and so appreciate you trying to help. We need all the help what we can get bc it so hard to live with severe pain.

Do you have this headpain 24/7 ? Can you go to work?

Over years do you feel your headpain get a little better?

Hugs vica

VICA AND SARA:

Thanks so much for your responses.  So kind of you to let me off the hook with my weird experiments but I am soooo DETERMINED to understand why I am having these

symptoms.

So my ND daughter came home to see  me today.  I told her about you all and about what I was doing and she had an explanation.  So before I tell you

what, I want to tell you that I slept 9 hours last night.  Uninterrupted, REM, no dream sleep. OMGoodness.  One more benefit maybe???

In regard to the RESISTANCE EXERCISES with my hand pushing on my head she said basically:  RE, I'll call it for short, induces microscopic tears which are quickly repaired with a rush of testosterone, insulin-like growth factor, growth hormone, proteins and natural nutrients. So I am getting a rush. So I didn't tell you this in my prior post but I continued yesterday with several RE's ie arms, legs against the wall  and more just cause it felt good and my akathasia said "move".  She explained this is why body builders lift weights cause they want to tear down their muscles so that they will rebuild and get bigger. Just didn't get the "rush" part.  Daaaa

So with the "SHAKING MY HEAD THING"..can't believe I'm saying this but she said I am probably stimulating and loosening up the nerve that comes out  of the spinal cord called the brain stem... Damn, I can't remember if that's what she called it.  She said if this helps then I would benefit from a 10's UNIT  that sends electromagnetic pulses into that area and the base of the head to stimulate healing and help eliminate inflammation. 

So I'm going to order a 10's unit or TENS UNIT.  I don't know how to spell it yet but I have one coming and I'll keep you posted.  She also talked about the success she

has had with ozone therapy.  Like oxygen therapy but with 3 molecules of oxygen instead of 2, like air.

Enough already,

God bless you all and have a wonderful day :)

Hello, buddies. I thought I would join this forum, since head pressure is my most troubling symptom. On my last failed taper, and on this one, the head pressure started intensely for me when I reached about 10 mg valium (down from 60 mg equivalents). I'm on a long hold now, as I think I crashed like a train derailment at 5.2 mg. Symptoms are muscle and nerve issue, anxiety, phantom smells (or hypersensitivity to smells, not sure which one), carpal tunnel syndrome, fatigue and, then, the lightheadedness and head pressure, which is often in my ears (mostly my left ear).

Here's what I notice, anxiety of any sort makes things worse with my head pressure. When I have it worst, it seems to also correlate to muscle tightness in my face, neck and shoulders. I have difficulty concentrating at those times and memory seems worse. There may be an allergy overlay, specifically with mold., In addition, as someone mentioned earlier, I think there is a barometric pressure overlay. Anyway, my head feels best when I am laying down, but I am pretty sure I don't have orthostatic hypotension. 

Here's some other things that I realize. The muscles at the base of my neck, where the meet the skull, have always been painful for me. Chinups don't seem to help much. I have tried the head movement described above, but not in the way it is done. mostly I just sometimes move my head around in random movements. I get the "cracking" going on in my neck and things do seem to get better somewhat, but only for awhile. I have not tried the hydrotherapy. Sounds interesting.

I think a lot of this is the "tension headache" described by Ashton, but ....... damn .... so hard to deal with, especially while working full time (managing somehow) and being the father of a teen and tween girl (loves of my life).

I too will do liquid micro tapering once I start up again. Right now is not the time for me to taper though. Had I know that I would have a repeat of symptoms from last time (wasn't sure what was causing it then), I would have slowed around 15 mg. It doesn't sound like much, but apparently cutting 10% of the previous dose every two weeks was too fast for my system as I got to lower levels.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone. I am not on much (mostly in the early morning hours and not at all on weekends).

Hugs,

Joe

Benzo3:  Thanks so much for responding.  I've  been reading your post and taper plan thoroughly and I really believe there is something to the muscle/head pressure correlation with the benzo and muscles in our head and neck. I say this because, before, I thought the pain and inflammation was inside my brain but I think so much of it is in muscle surrounding my skull. It is actually, physically squeezing my brain. In the base of my neck I think tight muscles are actually restricting circulation  Going to continue stretching and resistance to stimulate healing process. And shaking like a wet dog..bahahah

So interesting studying so many posts, and now yours, that the head pressure really ramps up when we hit 10 to 20 percent of our original dose.  My head pressure

symptoms really intensified at about 20%.  I had been experiencing these for 7 years full time with photophobia, phonophobia, dry mouth, burning eyes, inflammation

in my gums to the point where my bite was off, visual auras at night while driving (there were colored rings around headlights, streetlights etc).  Craziness, right.

On the positive side, the dry mouth, burning eyes, auras, have gone away since I have tapered this nightmare drug (All of these symptoms have gotten better as I have

tapered.) My eyes still burn when I rattle my head like I posted above. My other severe symptom, the dermatitis that covered my outer arms and legs for years is

GONE.  REALLY GONE!!!

The other interesting thing is that my headache seems to get better from morning till night as the day progresses.  Many people report that their symptoms are worse in the morning when taking their benzo at night.  If this is inter-dose withdrawal then I must just be adding insult to injury every day by taking it again. 

Last night was the beginning of a new symptoms that I have pretty much been expecting.  Insomnia set in. I actually WELCOME THIS CHANGE.  I have been blessed with the ability to sleep, and in fact probably sleep overload as I feel really groggy when I wake up and then fall back to sleep.  But this seems to be a prevalent symptom in withdrawal.  And this morning my headache has changed in that it is bad mostly on my left side and for the first time behind my left eye. My neck is really stiff.  I celebrate this change knowing that my right brain feels pretty dog gone good on one side.  If the symptoms can change then they are not permanent.  THESE SYMPTOMS WILL EVENTUALLY GO AWAY :)

RE TAPERING:  i am reminded of Healther Ashton's statements regarding tapering.  She stated "One never stabilizes on a given dose".  Because of this I have

continued my taper every day, even at .001.  My symptoms with a minute taper are totally unaffected.  In fact, the more drug I remove from my system, the better I feel.  Last, the most important thing she wrote for me is "True recovery cannot really start until the drug is out of the system". 

RE MICRO TAPERING:  I was a total idiot when I first tried the liquid taper.  I was using just water at first.  I know my drug level was all over the board as water does

not dissolve a benzo.  I went an bought a bottle of Titos (GF) vodka.  The local pharmacist gave me to diabetic syringes, a 100 ml plastic bottle and I bought for

5 bucks a 10 ml open ended vial.  Once I diluted my C correctly, my taper has been as smooth as a freshly combed cat.  So easy, so accurate and inexpensive.

Thank you again for the response.  I wish you the best with your teaching job and a speedy, window filled recovery.

Hugs back,

Klonkar

Benzo3:  Thanks so much for responding.  I've  been reading your post and taper plan thoroughly and I really believe there is something to the muscle/head pressure correlation with the benzo and muscles in our head and neck. I say this because, before, I thought the pain and inflammation was inside my brain actually restricting circulation  Going to continue stretching and resistance to stimulate healing process. And shaking like a wet dog..bahahah

but I think so much of it is in muscle surrounding my skull. It is actually, physically squeezing my brain. In the base of my neck I think tight muscles are

So interesting studying so many posts, and now yours, that the head pressure really ramps up when we hit 10 to 20 percent of our original dose.  My head pressure

symptoms really intensified at about 20%.  I had been experiencing these for 7 years full time with photophobia, phonophobia, dry mouth, burning eyes, inflammation

in my gums to the point where my bite was off, visual auras at night while driving (there were colored rings around headlights, streetlights etc).  Craziness, right.

On the positive side, the dry mouth, burning eyes, auras, have gone away since I have tapered this nightmare drug (All of these symptoms have gotten better as I have

tapered.) My eyes still burn when I rattle my head like I posted above. My other severe symptom, the dermatitis that covered my outer arms and legs for years is

GONE.  REALLY GONE!!!

The other interesting thing is that my headache seems to get better from morning till night as the day progresses.  Many people report that their symptoms are worse in the morning when taking their benzo at night.  If this is inter-dose withdrawal then I must just be adding insult to injury every day by taking it again. 

Last night was the beginning of a new symptoms that I have pretty much been expecting.  Insomnia set in. I actually WELCOME THIS CHANGE.  I have been blessed with the ability to sleep, and in fact probably sleep overload as I feel really groggy when I wake up and then fall back to sleep.  But this seems to be a prevalent symptom in withdrawal.  And this morning my headache has changed in that it is bad mostly on my left side and for the first time behind my left eye. My neck is really stiff.  I celebrate this change knowing that my right brain feels pretty dog gone good on one side.  If the symptoms can change then they are not permanent.  THESE SYMPTOMS WILL EVENTUALLY GO AWAY :)

RE TAPERING:  i am reminded of Healther Ashton's statements regarding tapering.  She stated "One never stabilizes on a given dose".  Because of this I have

continued my taper every day, even at .001.  My symptoms with a minute taper are totally unaffected.  In fact, the more drug I remove from my system, the better I feel.  Last, the most important thing she wrote for me is "True recovery cannot really start until the drug is out of the system". 

RE MICRO TAPERING:  I was a total idiot when I first tried the liquid taper.  I was using just water at first.  I know my drug level was all over the board as water does

not dissolve a benzo.  I went an bought a bottle of Titos (GF) vodka.  The local pharmacist gave me to diabetic syringes, a 100 ml plastic bottle and I bought for

5 bucks a 10 ml open ended vial.  Once I diluted my C correctly, my taper has been as smooth as a freshly combed cat.  So easy, so accurate and inexpensive.

Thank you again for the response.  I wish you the best with your teaching job and a speedy, window filled recovery.

Hugs back,

Klonkar

Thanks for the response, Klonkar. I am hoping that Ashton was wrong and Long Hold people are right. As of now, no improvement for me on this hold though. I will talk to my NP about potentially reducing, though I may want to get the Gabapentin out of me if I can.

My headache/pressure is generally better at night, but a lot of it has to do with whether I have a major stressor going on. I definitely feel there is a muscle connection.

I'd like to ask though, am I the only one that has problems thinking/concentrating when the head pressure is up? And it's not just that, it's also the effect on muscles that seem to run in a loop with my brain. The worse the muscles the worse the head pressure, the worse the head pressure, the worse the muscles.

Good morning Benzo3:

You mentioned concentration and head pressure and the correlation.  For me it seems that akathasia (needing to pace around and move for me) is worse with bad

head pressure days.  But I am different in that my pressure has been there for years.  Worse when I got to about .25 of 1 mg.  Last night I didn't sleep well.

Bad RLS and woke up with swollen eyes.  I'm serious, this is craziness.  My brain is always racing.  Must be the glutamate neurotransmitters in my brain are still

winning the war.

When you are talking about the "loop" with muscles, do you mean all of your skeletal muscles?  Muscle pain throughout your body?  The only time my muscles ache

all over are when I don't get good sleep.  For years before I was put on carbidopa/levodopa I was not getting REM and thought I had fibromyalgia.  Then my chiropractor

said you aren't getting REM.  I haven't felt that in years since I have been on this med.  But tonight the RLS kicked in and I know I tossed and turned all night.

Do you sleep with anyone that can tell you if you twitch and turn all night?  Nobody was there to tell me, so I never knew.  I seriously feel like I played 3 matches of

tennis yesterday. 

Let me know what you think Benzo.

Klonkar

Good morning Benzo3:

You mentioned concentration and head pressure and the correlation.  For me it seems that akathasia (needing to pace around and move for me) is worse with bad

head pressure days.  But I am different in that my pressure has been there for years.  Worse when I got to about .25 of 1 mg.  Last night I didn't sleep well.

Bad RLS and woke up with swollen eyes.  I'm serious, this is craziness.  My brain is always racing.  Must be the glutamate neurotransmitters in my brain are still

winning the war.

When you are talking about the "loop" with muscles, do you mean all of your skeletal muscles?  Muscle pain throughout your body?  The only time my muscles ache

all over are when I don't get good sleep.  For years before I was put on carbidopa/levodopa I was not getting REM and thought I had fibromyalgia.  Then my chiropractor

said you aren't getting REM.  I haven't felt that in years since I have been on this med.  But tonight the RLS kicked in and I know I tossed and turned all night.

Do you sleep with anyone that can tell you if you twitch and turn all night?  Nobody was there to tell me, so I never knew.  I seriously feel like I played 3 matches of

tennis yesterday. 

Let me know what you think Benzo.

Klonkar

I think you wrote some time back that you were happy to see insomnia, just in that it is an expected symptom. RLS will make things worse for sure. I don't know about REM sleep. I assume I am getting some, as I go into deeper sleep. However, benzos suppress it, so maybe not. As a divorced person and not really in the situation to find a person, I'd have to rely on my cat.  :) I don't think that I toss and turn in my sleep, as my covers are usually in place.

Although I have had occasional bouts of muscle pains in my legs, I'm not sure that I haven't brought them about by tensing them through the day. However, the nerve issues can be pronounced at times, and may play a part in all of that. By the loop, I was referring more to the upper back, neck, face and scalp. I'll through the ears in there too, as there are small muscles controlling the eardrum and pressurization there too. I certainly don't feel like moving around more with my head pressure ... just the opposite .... I feel like I want to lie down.

As common a symptom as this is ... and I know it is common .... I'd expect a few more people here.

Laughing out loud Benzo3 at you needing to ask you cat if you toss and turn and twitch at night :laugh:

I definitely think the head, neck, jaw, etc. pain is everything you described.  I definitely think stress is responsible for tightening up muscles in areas where we have

a thought process that is influenced by this.  I know I tend to want to lie still but I know the more I stretch and move and purposefully relax the better I feel.  Knowing that I am stimulating hormones and supplements when using resistance exercises, I have definitely felt the benefits. 

ABOUT THE PAIN: I am understanding, as my symptoms are moving around, something my psychologist tried to explain.  You were right Benzo3 when you said our neurological system is pronounced.  What does that mean?  I really believe that what we feel in withdrawal is an exacerbated feeling of pain.  I mean that the pain we people in withdrawal experience is extraordinary.  For example, when I stub my toe, the pain sends shooting waves all over my body so that my whole body hurts.  A normal person would say "shit" and keep on going and forget about it in a minute.  For me this is a major event.  When my head hurts and burns like somebody injected gasoline into the middle of my brain, I just know that there is some real damage being done.  But when that pain goes away and I feel nothing the next day, I'm relieved that was a false alarm so to speak.  This  is why I feel ok about pushing through the pain...because I keep telling myself 'THE PAIN IS NOT EMINENT OR CHRONIC". Does any of this make sense to anybody. There has to be a good reason why 'WE CAN NOT REMEMBER PAIN".

I think I wrote you this morning after I didn't sleep last night.  I had a lot of symptoms I didn't mention cause I guess I'm so used to them... coming and going.

My heart was in afib, I had chills, my head pressure was again worse on my left side and behind my eye which is a new symptoms.  I was up a while and then

got sleepy so I went back to sleep for 2 or more hrs which was a relief.  Up now I feel more rested but eye feels like somebody popped me.  I am continuing

my taper with really small cuts (.004) but I haven't reached a place where If I hold for one night, I don't feel better the next day.  I've held for 1 day twice this

past week.  I'm going to keep going since like I said, I have been in tolerance withdrawal for years.  Might as well get this over.

This  is a lot of rambling so I hope you can relate to something here.  Thinking of you all and wishing you sunshine.

Klonkar

Ok, the pressure has spread to my face now and it's making it feel numb. Anyone else? especially if quite far out? To be honest i'm freaking out!

Yup...me...I have it on both sides of my nose, sometimes all the way up through my eyes to my forehead, and down to my chin.  It is the scariest sensation.  When I have it really bad, I start to worry, because usually that means I'm going to start having vertigo again.  I'm with you...this is definitely worth a freak out...I can't imagine the rest of my life like this...

Hi, Does it feel like you are better my smothered by your own face? Does it hurt like hell if you rub the tight muscles either side of nose and into cheeks?

I have that constantly and severe tightness and pressure around whole head, neck, shoulders and down whole spine which is severely contracted. Everything g feels stuck, stiff and crushed.

Anybody feels beside the terrible headpain (pressure, squeezing, burning, ) your scalp is very sensitive to touch?

So tired of this pain :(

Vica

ViCA  Yes, you are not alone. 

My headaches all started on Oct.4, 2012.  I had a sudden onset of chills, fever, stiff neck so I went to the local clinic.  I laid on the table for 4 hours before an ignorant P.A.did a spinal tap and diagnosed me with spinal meningitis. I really didn't have a headache then.  In the weeks following I suffered severe nausea, impalance issues, saw auras around the lights of cars and street lights. I also had subdermal welts that itched horribly all over my scalp.  I experienced photophobia, phonophobia, was almost blind for a while. My interoccular pressure was elevated to 30 (Normally 20)  I laid in the dark for weeks after. I made it back to the clinic to see my provider.,  He told me that I might have a spinal leak and to go to the hospital.  Years later, after these symptoms have persisted and I now know they were and are benzo related.  The

doctors are now saying I did not have spinal meningitis.  This all happened because I was taking a fluroquinolone drug for a tooth infection.

My scalp still burns, itches.  Today is my worst headache in 7 years.  All due to tapering but I will hold tonight and tomorrow I'm sure I will feel better than today.

You are not alone.  Hang in there Buddies.

Sending love and hugs,

Klonkar

Anybody feels beside the terrible headpain (pressure, squeezing, burning, ) your scalp is very sensitive to touch?

Vica

Yes!

Vica

Hi, Vica. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. My scalp hurts in a lot of places, behind the ears, by my hairline in front, and lots of places on top of the head. A lot of pain at the base.

Ok, the pressure has spread to my face now and it's making it feel numb. Anyone else? especially if quite far out? To be honest i'm freaking out!

Yup...me...I have it on both sides of my nose, sometimes all the way up through my eyes to my forehead, and down to my chin.  It is the scariest sensation.  When I have it really bad, I start to worry, because usually that means I'm going to start having vertigo again.  I'm with you...this is definitely worth a freak out...I can't imagine the rest of my life like this...

When the head pressure is at its worst, I have a lot of pressure in all of those areas. I also have it in my face which causes my check muscles to contract and actually affects my talking.  :(

Hi, Does it feel like you are better my smothered by your own face? Does it hurt like hell if you rub the tight muscles either side of nose and into cheeks?

I have that constantly and severe tightness and pressure around whole head, neck, shoulders and down whole spine which is severely contracted. Everything g feels stuck, stiff and crushed.

Laughing out loud Benzo3 at you needing to ask you cat if you toss and turn and twitch at night :laugh:

I definitely think the head, neck, jaw, etc. pain is everything you described.  I definitely think stress is responsible for tightening up muscles in areas where we have

a thought process that is influenced by this.  I know I tend to want to lie still but I know the more I stretch and move and purposefully relax the better I feel.  Knowing that I am stimulating hormones and supplements when using resistance exercises, I have definitely felt the benefits. 

ABOUT THE PAIN: I am understanding, as my symptoms are moving around, something my psychologist tried to explain.  You were right Benzo3 when you said our neurological system is pronounced.  What does that mean?  I really believe that what we feel in withdrawal is an exacerbated feeling of pain.  I mean that the pain we people in withdrawal experience is extraordinary.  For example, when I stub my toe, the pain sends shooting waves all over my body so that my whole body hurts.  A normal person would say "shit" and keep on going and forget about it in a minute.  For me this is a major event.  When my head hurts and burns like somebody injected gasoline into the middle of my brain, I just know that there is some real damage being done.  But when that pain goes away and I feel nothing the next day, I'm relieved that was a false alarm so to speak.  This  is why I feel ok about pushing through the pain...because I keep telling myself 'THE PAIN IS NOT EMINENT OR CHRONIC". Does any of this make sense to anybody. There has to be a good reason why 'WE CAN NOT REMEMBER PAIN".

I think I wrote you this morning after I didn't sleep last night.  I had a lot of symptoms I didn't mention cause I guess I'm so used to them... coming and going.

My heart was in afib, I had chills, my head pressure was again worse on my left side and behind my eye which is a new symptoms.  I was up a while and then

got sleepy so I went back to sleep for 2 or more hrs which was a relief.  Up now I feel more rested but eye feels like somebody popped me.  I am continuing

my taper with really small cuts (.004) but I haven't reached a place where If I hold for one night, I don't feel better the next day.  I've held for 1 day twice this

past week.  I'm going to keep going since like I said, I have been in tolerance withdrawal for years.  Might as well get this over.

This  is a lot of rambling so I hope you can relate to something here.  Thinking of you all and wishing you sunshine.

Klonkar

Hi, Klonkar, I hope you slept well. I'm at work, so I can't address everything. Yes, keeping busy does help, to the extent that I feel that I can keep busy. Sometimes I just need to crash into my bed.

Hi Benzo3.

Do you have a very tight neck and tightness at base of skull like it is hard to hold head up on neck.

Does your head feel like it is being dragged down and face and jaw feel too big and heavy and like being dragged down. I have this more on right side where have this feeling through whole body.

Hi Benzo3.

Do you have a very tight neck and tightness at base of skull like it is hard to hold head up on neck.

Does your head feel like it is being dragged down and face and jaw feel too big and heavy and like being dragged down. I have this more on right side where have this feeling through whole body.

I do have a very night neck and tightness at the base of the skull. Both of these areas are sore to the touch. I can hold up my neck pretty well though. I don't have the others, except perhaps some tightness in the jaw. As I said before, though, I do have tightness that occurs in my cheeks.

Hi all of you Head Pressure Buddies:

Yesterday was the worst day of my taper, with such a severe headache my eye felt swollen shut.  I slept so hard last night for about 5 hrs then had a stressful morning

with ex business partners.  Then I slept hard again in the afternoon for 4 hours.

Does anyone else sleep hard after a major headache?  I will keep believing that I am getting better with each taper.  It's like I am recovering from a concussion.  I

guess I should be thankful for sleep.  This morning I actually had to go to one of my rentals to look for a water leak.  First time out in a while so it's all good.

SO REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCES HARD SLEEP AFTER BED HEADACHE EPISODE?

Thank you in advance for any of your experiences.

Klonkar

Yesterday was the worst day of my taper, with such a severe headache my eye felt swollen shut.  I slept so hard last night for about 5 hrs then had a stressful morning

with ex business partners.  Then I slept hard again in the afternoon for 4 hours.

Does anyone else sleep hard after a major headache?  I will keep believing that I am getting better with each taper.  It's like I am recovering from a concussion.  I

guess I should be thankful for sleep.  This morning I actually had to go to one of my rentals to look for a water leak.  First time out in a while so it's all good.

SO REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCES HARD SLEEP AFTER BED HEADACHE EPISODE?

Klonkar

Klonkar ... I can rarely sleep that long, but, yes, the whole thing makes me tired and apt to take a nap (if life affords the opportunity).

Sorry that you had such a bad day. Yesterday was, conversely, my best in awhile.

Klonkar

Mine is actually before the Migraine, really hard sleep can cause me to have one .  Usually, after one, my sleep is normal and comfortable.  Strange, how we are all different  :). Hope yours eases off soon.  Love, Mary ❤️

Klonkar

Mine is actually before the Migraine, really hard sleep can cause me to have one .  Usually, after one, my sleep is normal and comfortable.  Strange, how we are all different  :). Hope yours eases off soon.  Love, Mary ❤️

Mary offered this advice to me. I'll see if it helps. This is definitely a stress issue, but I wonder if it is a chicken or egg thing with the muscle tension.

"One simple thing that has really helped my neck and lower scalp

Head straight forward on your neck, turning it slowly from one side to the other, at the first sign of pain, stop then turn and go back the other way.  Turn as far as you can but never to the point of pain.  Start out with like 10 turns and build up.  Then you can do as many as you feel like, and I believe it will help.  It's not an immediate cure but does start to help as you go, mine is much better." 

Hey Benzo:

If this was for me, thank you.  I offered up a post not too long ago talking about how I am doing resistance exercises pushing on all sides of my head with my hand

to stretch.  The headache disappears all through the time I'm pushing.  And I also do your type of  stretching often.

My headache is much better this morning so again I am relieved that it is transient. 

I am nearing the end of my taper after 18 years on 2 mg K.  This is about the only symptoms I have with probably some depression as I don't really want to be

social or leave the house.  I know I am healing.

I hope you are feeling better.  Did your reinstatement make you feel somewhat normal.  I encourage to get this drug out of your system.  See if you can even feel

really small incremental changes, like .005 or a half of a 1%.  Start with really tiny cuts maybe because I really feel like you will feel no changes.

Wishing you a great day.

Klonkar