Emotionally NUMB Group

[of...]

I've been having waves of euphoria along with waves of Extreme anticipation. . along with feeling like my heart is going to explode when i get a call from someone who i forgot about having so many feelings for or talking with friends i fell out of touch with.. I notice certain emotions Building in INTENSITY like i want to jump out of my skin kindof feelings

The feeling of love and joy still evade me at this point but ill continue working on being patient and optimistic to get me through this

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [of...]

• [1w...]

• [Ce...]

• [Wa...]

Yes, I've had the emotional numbness. . . . that is, if you're talking about disassociation such as d/r, d/p or any other mechanism the brain throws up to shield itself. I had it as a child at times due to anxiety and seizures. I also got bizarre headaches, and bouts of AIWS (Alice in Wonderland Syndrome) also known as Todd's syndrome. It never really lasted long, just a few minutes or something.

I'm five years off, actually a little over five years; I did really well for 3 1/2 years (completely healed), no emotional numbness or disassociation. I took a Benadryl a few weeks ago, and it brought the d/r and fog back. Is it w/d? I can't say . . . It's more like an SSRI w/d if anything.

Anyway . . .

Emotional numbness goes away. It's really nothing to worry of, as it's a defense mechanism the brain uses. The brain is a coward in this respect, because it's  as if it fears everything.

Eh, the brain isn't so intelligent after all when you look at it this way! Not when it takes it an eon to recognize nothing is going to hurt it.

This is pretty much my last remaining symptom at 1 year off. Its really frustrating to not feel anything. My body hasnt produced tears this whole time and it feels impossible to cry.

Cant wait til this all comes back.

OK. To the people in this group. Did you become emotionally numb before your taper/cold turkey...

I've just started my journey, and feel I have been emotional numb for several years... I was hoping it will get better when I get the Klopin gone. 

Edit: Fixed quote

• 10 months later...
Hey everyone, I'm curious to see how everyone here is doing emotionally and if anyone else here gained back emotions? I know offeverything27 gained back emotions after 3 years which is awesome so that makes me wounder if anyone else here gained back emotions and if you did how long did it take for some or all of your emotions to come back? Right now I'm almost 17 months off benzos/phenibut so i hope to gain at least some emotions back soon.

I'd be interested to hear from people who have healed emotionally as I feel like I've had a chemical lobotomy.  Flat affect and no ability to experience pleasure at all.  It may be the AD that I'm still on and micro tapering....I may have to get off of it completely before the dead feeling goes away.

Sure would like to hear positive stories from others.

• 2 months later...
Gardenlady I feel similar. I just don't seem to be getting anywhere emotionally. I just feel like shit. Went 18 months benzofree without much improvement and have since had rescue doses and even sorta tried to reinstate.