Emotionally NUMB Group

[of...]

Fiona ive never heard of that benzo before. I just googled it and apparently its equivalency to valium is 2:1. So you were on 10mg valium (my benzo) for 40 years. Wow!! That is certainly a long time. Not sure if im reading your sig right but you said you had no wd symptoms at all...yet then you go on and say you were bedridden for 2 years.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [of...]

• [1w...]

• [Ce...]

• [Wa...]

Fiona ive never heard of that benzo before. I just googled it and apparently its equivalency to valium is 2:1. So you were on 10mg valium (my benzo) for 40 years. Wow!! That is certainly a long time. Not sure if im reading your sig right but you said you had no wd symptoms at all...yet then you go on and say you were bedridden for 2 years.

I had no symptoms during my 3 month taper and mild symptoms for the next 6 months.  I understand that the drug was stored in my body tissue so it was 6 months post-taper before I went into acute withdrawal.  I then spent the next three years mostly in bed.  I only started getting up for a few hours every day in August 2016.  Became bedridden in September 2013.  Had managed to get up now and again before that but always had to go back to bed. 

I was on anti-depressants for almost 40 years as well.  Now off all medication.

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Wow Fiona you have been through a lot. I can't imagine how hard it was to get off all your medication after 40 years. Ok glad you are feeling well again.

I had no symptoms during my 3 month taper and mild symptoms for the next 6 months.  I understand that the drug was stored in my body tissue so it was 6 months post-taper before I went into acute withdrawal.  I then spent the next three years mostly in bed.  I only started getting up for a few hours every day in August 2016.  Became bedridden in September 2013.  Had managed to get up now and again before that but always had to go back to bed. 

I was on anti-depressants for almost 40 years as well.  Now off all medication.

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Fiona, You ROCK!!!... :smitten:...:smitten:...:smitten:

Thank you Fiona and everyone for chiming in about anhedonia. It has lasted a long time for me. I'm wondering when it will end. It started getting bad toward the end of my taper, and is still here at almost 32 months off! I didn't take an AD (almost did because of horrible anxiety). It could be lasting so long because I take a lot of bp pills and have taken them throughout tapering and up till now. I don't know.

I have to add that during windows the symptom suddenly goes away, so I think it's temporary.

Thanks, Ce Ce.  :thumbsup:

Terry, if it goes away during windows then it must be temporary.  I hope it will ease off soon. 

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

I remember hearing other members saying its usually the last sx to go. IMO it will go away but sometime in the future after we've moved on and forgot about it

The only this is that I'll never forget about it. It really makes a difference in my day! But you're right, I should focus on what I CAN do.

I completely understand. Since I've been working more lately and working out again I almost never notice it anymore.

Today I woke up and jumped out of bed to go golf without even noticing it. So it's improving for me thank God.

Less thinking more doing  8)

It's like, I've been tearing up all day having moments of clarity. I hear songs that remind me of the past, like my soul isn't having an identity crisis anymore  :)

I've been daydreaming imagining the future and beautiful things . Like how it used to be  :) Things aren't so dark today  8)

[06...]

It's like, I've been tearing up all day having moments of clarity. I hear songs that remind me of the past, like my soul isn't having an identity crisis anymore  :)

I've been daydreaming imagining the future and beautiful things . Like how it used to be  :) Things aren't so dark today  8)

That is GREAT - I hope it stays that way!!!  :)

YAY!!!... :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: This is good news OET...it can only get better from here...just keep looking on the bright side of everything!... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, I so long for those days, off. I know what they feel like, and I hope it keeps up with you!! Wonderful feeling, like the world is opening up again!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This has hit me like a tank recently. Feeling only negative emotions decently. I have the most wonderful fiancé who is supportive in this and I can't feel happy. It takes effort to try and keep myself busy.

Began immediately from withdrawal of the drug

It began for me during tollerance. Literally in an instant. I was laying in bed worrying and exhausted, having flashbacks and stuff. Then it was like someone turned the lights off. I actually loved it at first but then I realized it was drowning out all of my joy

This has hit me like a tank recently. Feeling only negative emotions decently. I have the most wonderful fiancé who is supportive in this and I can't feel happy. It takes effort to try and keep myself busy.

I completely understand! I also have an amazing fiance helping me through this

About an hour ago, I was watching the news and seen Hillary Clinton giving a speech and I really felt compassion for her and I started getting teary-eyed and wanted to hug her. I'm not at all ashamed saying this. Its really a big deal to me. I havent felt this connected in half a decade

I'm recovering