The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Final,

Just wanted to step on and say congratulations for making it off this poison!  I know it's all been a long road for you but you are an inspiration.

Thanks so much Momof7babes.

I hope you are steady and making through your taper at this time.

Hi Klonipin Klub,

I'm happy to post that I am now completely medication free.

I took my last dose of Clonzepam on Feb. 5, 2021 and have been feeling all right.  I have felt a little spacey and at times vulnerable because of what I have been through but I am really okay.

Congratulations!! I just started my taper on Monday so reading about your success gives me a boost of confidence I can definitely use right about now. I'm new to BenzoBuddies, but I'm so happy for you. What a devil of a drug this is, so it thrills me to see someone free of it.  :)

Hi Klonipin Klub,

I'm happy to post that I am now completely medication free.

I took my last dose of Clonzepam on Feb. 5, 2021 and have been feeling all right.  I have felt a little spacey and at times vulnerable because of what I have been through but I am really okay.

Congratulations!! I just started my taper on Monday so reading about your success gives me a boost of confidence I can definitely use right about now. I'm new to BenzoBuddies, but I'm so happy for you. What a devil of a drug this is, so it thrills me to see someone free of it.  :)

Thank you Createxe. I'm glad you got a boost of confidence.

You can definelu get off Clonazepam and congratulations for starting the journey.

yay my doc gave me more pills so i can continue my slow withdrawal.I see him once a month now . He is giving me .125mg pills and i am now taking .042mg. He asked if i wanted to jump and i said "hell no " I feel its still too high for that. Out of curiosity im wondering at what dose of dry taper of Klonopin most people jump from. All your stories really help me not feel alone :)

yay my doc gave me more pills so i can continue my slow withdrawal.I see him once a month now . He is giving me .125mg pills and i am now taking .042mg. He asked if i wanted to jump and i said "hell no " I feel its still too high for that. Out of curiosity im wondering at what dose of dry taper of Klonopin most people jump from. All your stories really help me not feel alone :)

It varies like crazy all over the map. People like me who've been on a super high dose for multiple decades probably have to go lower (before jumping), whereas people on smaller doses can sometimes jump at a higher dose. I've seen so many variances. A friend of my wife's is an MD who had someone put her on a benzo and it was only for 3 weeks. The next year+ of her life was pure misery as she tried to get off the med. You just never know. Just run your own personal race and you'll be fine. It kind of doesn't matter what experiences other people had. Plan your journey and walk it to completion. Next!

I agree with Ultra that it is all over the map in terms of jumping.

I wanted to step off as opposed to jump off so I went as low as I could for me.  It got a little difficult shaving the pills down and I knew I didn't want to change my method so I went as low asni could and used the small weight that came with the scale to help the small pieces register on the scale.

I also used Heather Ashton general guide to when to step off. She recommends that people get off at .5 of Valium. I got down to the equivalent of .25 of Valium before I stepped off.

I used this benzo equivalent calculator throughout my taper.  https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/

I continue to feel pretty well now that I am off. Not perfect and probably not where I will be in a few months, but functional, sleeping enough and not depressed from the side effects of the medication. 

Hope everyone is doing all right.

How much to drop?

Irealized that if I keep my 2% drop per month this will take 4 years. That is incredibly disheartening.

When I drop my dose- within about 4 days I get more anxious, then the barrage of symptoms start. This typically lasts 10-14 days.

I did a 3% drop last month and had akathesia, looping thoughts, SI, dizziness, undulating floor, vision problems, jaw and head pain. My family is suffering because I am suffering. I need to push this along.

No chance for me to take extended time off for withdrawal. I am the breadwinner in the family, husband is medically retired military.

Splitting my dose to twice a day was a game changer! What other tricks do you K friends know?

Does a daily micro taper work better for any of you? How long before it catches up with you if you are doing too much? For the women, do you slow the taper around your cycle?

if I react to a 3% drop for about 2 weeks would I also react to a 5% drop about the same amount of time? Would it be way worse? Last longer?

HOW THE HECK AM I EVER  GOING TO GET OFF OF THIS?! 😩

Currently at 0.110mg K twice a day

(Also zoloft 31.25mg per day) - trying to slowly taper as I believe it is contributing to my low blood sugar episodes.

Help!

How much to drop?

Irealized that if I keep my 2% drop per month this will take 4 years. That is incredibly disheartening.

When I drop my dose- within about 4 days I get more anxious, then the barrage of symptoms start. This typically lasts 10-14 days.

I did a 3% drop last month and had akathesia, looping thoughts, SI, dizziness, undulating floor, vision problems, jaw and head pain. My family is suffering because I am suffering. I need to push this along.

No chance for me to take extended time off for withdrawal. I am the breadwinner in the family, husband is medically retired military.

Splitting my dose to twice a day was a game changer! What other tricks do you K friends know?

Does a daily micro taper work better for any of you? How long before it catches up with you if you are doing too much? For the women, do you slow the taper around your cycle?

if I react to a 3% drop for about 2 weeks would I also react to a 5% drop about the same amount of time? Would it be way worse? Last longer?

(Also zoloft 31.25mg per day) - trying to slowly taper as I believe it is contributing to my low blood sugar episodes.

Help!

Not advice but I prefer 5-10% drops per week.  I’ve found that exercise is key. Diet, protein shakes, supplements, CBD, sex. All of these help rebuild neural connections (neuroplasicity).

How much to drop?

Help!

Everybody's so different. Heck, there have been months that I dropped zero!! I'm almost at a 6 year taper. Don't go by me though. I'm an outlier taperer. I was on a ton of meds for well past two decades including a crazy amount of klonopin the entire time. I got off most meds before attacking the high-dose klonopin for the 6 years. I didn't even set a daily or monthly amount to taper. I just simply did what my body and brain allowed along the way. I'll be taking my last dose in about two weeks now, so the end does come around for everyone if we just do what's logical and appropriate at any given time. Little by little, a little becomes a lot :)

Our best to you!

Have any of you had problems switching generics. I’ve been on activist for over 2 years and it discontinued so this coming Saturday I start teva and I’m very nervous.

Have any of you had problems switching generics. I’ve been on activist for over 2 years and it discontinued so this coming Saturday I start teva and I’m very nervous.

I did switch after two months (I think) to the Solco brand after being on another brand (maybe activist). Once I made the switch, I made sure that my doctor specified the Solco brand every time she submitted the prescription.  I would double check at the pharmacy as well. 

I did feel a small difference when I switched so I did not taper until I felt stable enough to so. Some people wait 2 weeks after a change in brands of method. I have always looked at switching brands or switching methods as a cut and so would not make another cut till you felt you were ready.

I understand your nervousness but you can do it. 

The brand I switched to, Solco was stronger than the brand u was on but it wasn't horrible.  In a way, I was glad it was a bit stinger that the other way around.

Thank you. I’m just curious about teva. I hope it’s better I’ve heard from a lot of people that switched from teva to activist and literally blew up teva to bring it back and with so many complaints they did.

I definitely had a major issue when being switched generics. I didn't know it at the time, but the pharmacy switched it on me. My sx started going up really rapidly and I couldn't quite figure it out at first. When things amp up I always try to sit back, look at the big picture, and say, "ok, what has happened or changed recently?". I finally realized that nothing major had changed as far as daily life goes, so I looked at my script bottle closely and saw the manufacturer difference. After that, I made sure every single time to tell the pharmacist to make sure it was the same as in the past. I called them every month before making the drive to go pick up my script. I did this all the way up until the time I picked up my last bottle of k. What a huge difference! I've never heard of the brands that you and Final speak of, but whatever works, right? Next!

I’m 14 days off the K and I think I might be having what is called a “wave” every time I get out of bed my heart rate is sky rocketing and I’m feeling like I’m going to pass out. The pressure that was gone from my head for a few days is back along with such intense anxiety that thankfully went some what away a few hours ago. I just want to have hope that better days are ahead. I know it’s only 2 weeks. I have along way to go.

I’m 14 days off the K and I think I might be having what is called a “wave” every time I get out of bed my heart rate is sky rocketing and I’m feeling like I’m going to pass out. The pressure that was gone from my head for a few days is back along with such intense anxiety that thankfully went some what away a few hours ago. I just want to have hope that better days are ahead. I know it’s only 2 weeks. I have along way to go.

So you've been off k for 14 days, but your signature says you jumped in March 2020. Either way, you're off, right?! "Off" is good. I guess the end of the journey depends on how we got there. It seems that people that go too fast through the taper and then jump have a harder recovery time (after jumping) than those who slid off the end. Everybody's just so different, it's hard to say. My buddies that took it really slow to the end have done really well. I think we've all basically been doing a symptoms-based taper rather than following a timeline, but hey, to each his/her own. You'll heal everyday :)

Today has been a hard day. I just want to feel normal again. To wake up and not be hit with morning anxiety, to be able to get out of bed and not feel like I’m dying. My head hurts, my body hurts and the dissociation was so horrible today. I just keep reminding myself that this can’t last forever. Thank you for providing a group like this to help not feel so alone.

The best advice I can give you is to try your hardest to not get really worked up with having symptoms. Your so early. You do not know when you will have a window or when you will heal. It’s a waiting game. In the mean time practice self care. Eat right. Rest. Take one day at a time and don’t look to much into the future cause waves can come at anytime so can windows for no rhyme or reason. And as much as you can stay far away from chemicals and stuff like that.