Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

GARD: I've asked those guys so many times about my valium that they are sick to death of me and probably won't make a reply. I get confused easily when it comes to math. :idiot:

Gotta run too!

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

Hi Betsy

Thank you once again.

In 2013, I was on 75 mgs Seroquel but just for 3 weeks.  I chose to go off it my self as they had me on Abilify at the same time. I developed Akathisia from the Abilify . Pdoc took me off both straight away.  :( :( . Back then , this particular doctor was upping and adding in meds like there was no tomorrow.  I do hold him responsible for the huge difficulties I had following this. Whilst I was on the Seroquel for those 3 weeks I was a bit out of it. I am really sensitive to any kind of med increase or drop so it hit me really bad. Withdrawal from other meds like Lithium Cymbalta Lamictal and Xanax then followed.

There will come a day for you Betsy when you know that the time is right to taper Seroquel.  But now concentrate on the Valium a d leave Seroquel . I do a lot of deep breathing too. It really helps. My anger was through the roof for about a year. This is not me either.  I'm a very quiet bird . Xanax I believe was the main offender... but I was so upset with the medical profession too. This anger will subside Bets. Its not you. Its the Benzo beast. :tickedoff:

I exercise too  . Trying to walk everyday it helps me with the pain. I do some on  my exercise bike lately. I have had to build up the exercises because in 2014 , I could hardly walk with the pain.

I got a great grasp on Mindfulness when I did the course last year. Really helps me too.

Taking it hour by hour as you suggested. 

:smitten:      :hug:

:smitten:      :mybuddy:

Thanks for the info. At least you are over the hump and as time goes by, you will feel a whole lot better. You are finished with the Seroquel and that's the most important thing. Sorry you got stuck on Abilify too. Two APs at once? Your doc does not sound like he knows what he is doing. Baby steps from now on. Two feet forward, one foot back.

Betsy :hug:

Bets

Yes that particular doctor who prescribed two APs at once - he ain't in my Christmas card list anymore !! ::)  :muscle:

Like you said I will be using non medication methods from now on. Exercise , deep breathing and lots of self soothing and distraction. I have learned lots of techniques in the past year so when I get past this headachey nausea and increased symptoms phase , I will share them if ye would like.  :hug:

Bets

Yes that particular doctor who prescribed two APs at once - he ain't in my Christmas card list anymore !! ::)  :muscle:

Like you said I will be using non medication methods from now on. Exercise , deep breathing and lots of self soothing and distraction. I have learned lots of techniques in the past year so when I get past this headachey nausea and increased symptoms phase , I will share them if ye would like.  :hug:

Hi Rose:

Yes by all means tell me what works for you. I am already exercising a lot, doing mindfulness and deep breathing. I can't use the meditation because my desktop is in my office and not in my bedroom. I do have an iPhone and a mini iPad. But I am not good at downloading APPs.

Bets :)

I sm on day 6 of being med free - I have been having such bad headaches and I am pretty moody this past couple of days. Sleep is a little bit off too. I've noticed that I have been having increasing muscle twitching and paresthesia. Pain is up too. I am exhausted.

I know from previous cuts that I usually have increased symptoms for about 10 days.

This is first time I have been med free in over 3 years. I am so pleased with myself but the pain and stiffness always curbs my enthusiasm.

How have others found coming off seroquel ? 

Hi Rose:

Congrats on being med free! You should be proud of yourself. I know I am. :yippee: Those headaches can sure ruin a day. My pdoc says the best way to get rid of them is by drinking coffee (unless you want another med). See, when you get a headache, that means too much blood in your brain. The coffee reduces the amount of blood on your brain, thus they are gone or greatly reduced in intensity. If you can handle drinking coffee, that may be your best bet. The other symptoms I'm sure will go away with time. I hope others can chime in to help. I know there are many members on Seroquel, but probably are staying on it for a while.

Sending you a big :hug: and this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOI8GOlGZbPl14RHpTETgqbhk6v7z1kl2fQsKrl8h0AepstoQIhA

Awww thanks for those balloons Bets  :smitten:

Yes I can handle a cup of coffee usually.  Just one mild coffee. I actually had one yesterday morning . I had a rip roaring headache . I went for a walk , drank some more water and within half hour , this headache was gone.

The headache is less this morning , it is a muzzy heavy feeling in right side of my brain.

Stiffness and pain my old friends are here as per usual.  I slept fairly well , I am definitely sleeping a better sleep off the Seroquel rather than on it.

Yes I am hoping that in time the other symptoms will go..  including the damn awful pain , stiffness and paresthesia.

How are you keeping Bets ?  I am hoping some others will drop in to help too.

Sending you many  :hug: and I hope you have a lovely day.  :smitten:

Hi Rose:

I gotta run off now. I will have a very busy day. I will try and get back to you later. I'm glad the coffee helped.!!!!

Betsy :hug:

GARD: I've asked those guys so many times about my valium that they are sick to death of me and probably won't make a reply. I get confused easily when it comes to math. :idiot:

Gotta run too!

Bets, I just asked them about my Q again on MT and we'll see if they are sick to death of me.

Rose, did you say you jumped? Sorry, my cog fog has been very bad lately. I hope you are feeling OK!

Gard

Hi everyone  :) I am on Seroquel myself and have found it to be pretty helpful in regards to sleep.  Yes it can make me a lil groggy for the early part of my morning but it seems to wear off after an hour of being up.

In the beginning I took it 50 mg and it really helped and now i am trying to wien off of it tried 25 mg for a while but didn't really help me sleep.  Going back to 37.5 mg tonight.  I haven't experienced weird or bad SX's my only freaking side effect is sleep at the moment.

At least so far in my experience this hasn't been as bad as xanax.  So glad I am off of that poison.

Interesting reading everyone's experience and hoping mine wont go too bad.  Been working on this sleeping issue for a while now  :sick:

my apologies for not quoting properly  i think i took out too many embedds

Sleep is the only reason I started it as well...

(snip)

Most protracted people do have multiple pills or were on benzo's very, very long.

I just don't want a newbie who is reading this believing that they need another pill to get out of this mess. Sleep returns. But you do not want to mess up your CNS further and causing (potential) irreversible damage.

Damage from a pill is not solved by another pill.

[/endquote]

Im so glad this group was started.  The only reason I was put on Seroquel was for sleep too-but that was 15yrs and over 450mg later in addition to 4mg klonopin...

Im doing a liquid titration off of Seroquel (in oil mixture; started last November), and am down under 25mg (health reasons made me do this first over the benzo). 

Getting off this last remainder is not going well (no matter what speed I go--my brain tells me to slow down;my heart says its going to be bad either way....

Do I just slow it down (sleep is the main prob) or keep pushing along just to get off?  I still need to work on klonopin hopefully later this year, and Im likely to have protracted w/d anyway.  Acupuncture helps, meditation music, but i also just have a string of nights like now--then finally crash 😒Not fun at all.  thoughts??

Angeleye

Gard

Yes I jumped on the 23 August. Just over 1 week off. You can check out my progress in the 'Aoibherose Progress' section. No doubt this drug is not easy to come off . But Benzos were the beasts for me .

How are you doing?

:smitten:

Gotta run too!

Bets, I just asked them about my Q again on MT and we'll see if they are sick to death of me.

Rose, did you say you jumped? Sorry, my cog fog has been very bad lately. I hope you are feeling OK!

Gard

Hi Gard:

I hope they are not sick to death of because they are of me. Let me know what you find out. :smitten:

Betsy :)

Gard

Yes I jumped on the 23 August. Just over 1 week off. You can check out my progress in the 'Aoibherose Progress' section. No doubt this drug is not easy to come off . But Benzos were the beasts for me .

How are you doing?

:smitten:

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Angeleye , welcome to the group.

I would slow it down now if you are having a lot of symptoms and not feeling too good. Even when you are on a liquid taper.  I know you feel that you want to be done with it but often as I am sure you know , symptoms take a while to appear or catch up. 

For me , every cut I made , I had an increase in symptoms for about 8/10 days and then I would go back to baseline.

Since jumping off , I am in the thick of it now again .

Best of luck to you.  :smitten:

Murph145

Thanks for joining us here.

I am so glad to be off that Xanax too. :tickedoff:  Awful stuff.

Its good that you are working on your sleeping before you come off Seroquel . I did the same thing. Getting myself into good sleep patterns really helped me. Gradually.

It definitely would be the best way to go.

my apologies for not quoting properly  i think i took out too many embedds

Sleep is the only reason I started it as well...

(snip)

Most protracted people do have multiple pills or were on benzo's very, very long.

I just don't want a newbie who is reading this believing that they need another pill to get out of this mess. Sleep returns. But you do not want to mess up your CNS further and causing (potential) irreversible damage.

Damage from a pill is not solved by another pill.

[/endquote]

Im so glad this group was started.  The only reason I was put on Seroquel was for sleep too-but that was 15yrs and over 450mg later in addition to 4mg klonopin...

Im doing a liquid titration off of Seroquel (in oil mixture; started last November), and am down under 25mg (health reasons made me do this first over the benzo). 

Getting off this last remainder is not going well (no matter what speed I go--my brain tells me to slow down;my heart says its going to be bad either way....

Do I just slow it down (sleep is the main prob) or keep pushing along just to get off?  I still need to work on klonopin hopefully later this year, and Im likely to have protracted w/d anyway.  Acupuncture helps, meditation music, but i also just have a string of nights like now--then finally crash 😒Not fun at all.  thoughts??

Angeleye

Hey Angel:

Welcome aboard!! :yippee: I started this thread because so many people are on that Q drug. Good for you to making it down to just 25 mg! I'm proud of you. I know when I got to a low dose of my K, I had to slow things down a lot. That really helped, as I had no taper or post taper symptoms. Still, I have to finish my Val taper before I begin my S taper. The thought of it scares the S*** out of me. Glad having you join us folks. :smitten:

Betsy :)

Hi everyone  :) I am on Seroquel myself and have found it to be pretty helpful in regards to sleep.  Yes it can make me a lil groggy for the early part of my morning but it seems to wear off after an hour of being up.

In the beginning I took it 50 mg and it really helped and now i am trying to wien off of it tried 25 mg for a while but didn't really help me sleep.  Going back to 37.5 mg tonight.  I haven't experienced weird or bad SX's my only freaking side effect is sleep at the moment.

At least so far in my experience this hasn't been as bad as xanax.  So glad I am off of that poison.

Interesting reading everyone's experience and hoping mine wont go too bad.  Been working on this sleeping issue for a while now  :sick:

Hey Murph and welcome! I told you Rose that other people will join our little group. :laugh: I'm so happy to read your post as it gives me hope. I still have to taper my Val and heal once I begin my Q taper. Keeping posting positive stuff so I can jump for joy! At least I can say I tapered off 6.5 mg of K with no trouble. So I'm not a total loser. :smitten:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB-8JBIrqvbbDtASPoQfXnSJl9YpC2fMtqRZ2nK7QbEc5--X5F

I think I'm screwed.  I started taking about 5mg chips of Seroquel for sleep months ago and now I think I'm having bad side effects from it.  I had bad nausea and vomiting the other day and puked all day long after taking a smaller chip, about 3mgs.  I have abdominal cramps and pain all the time now and even chest pain.  Those are side effects and withdrawal symptoms from Seroquel.  I don't even know how much of the Seroquel I'm taking at bedtime?  I just chop up a 200mg tab into small pieces.  I didn't realize how potent these pills are.  I'm sensitive to med doses and can only handle a very small dosage of anything.  Has anyone else had problems with Seroquel side effects or withdrawal problems or problems when their dose is adjusted from one day to the next?  I wonder if because I took a smaller amount the other night, maybe about 3mgs, that it caused me to have such a severe reaction?  My stomach hurts all the time now and even today I'm afraid I'm going to puke.  I even broke a blood vessel under my left eye from dry-heaving so much.  It was really bad.  I'm already having a bad time being off the benzo's after 3.8 years.  Same thing happened to me when I took a small rescue dose of Xanax years ago--puked all the next day.  I also read that Seroquel makes us prone to infections because it lowers the WBC and platelet counts.  I don't have anything else to take for sleep here since I'm housebound now.  I can't even drive to the store anymore.  I think I have dementia now, too, and they say it's not good for dementia patients to take Seroquel since it could cause heart attacks.  I'm already prone to strokes and MI's having been diagnosed with Thrombophilia years ago.  Any advice?

Bets  ;)

Thats a cute wee stick man  :laugh:

Good to see BBs joining is right. I certainly don't have all the answers but I will help in any way I can certainly. 

And no Bets , definitely not a loser. A Survivor  :smitten:

I have not any experience of Seroquel XR. Some of the other BBs may have some information for you about it.

I think I have read recently that Justaman was on it for a while.