Important Survey - Please Participate ×

You know you're withdrawing from Benzos when...

[Ex...]

When you have the ablity to forget completely how loved you are. It's never on purpose, because you need it and to hear it so deeply and desperately... Your ears, mind and heart just cannot seem to absorb the words and actions coming from yourself or others shouting " YOU ARE LOVED ! ! ! "

I have asked my own mother, when I was very quiet  and isolating in the first attempt to come off (feeling like I did not want to be on the planet anymore) " Don't you love me !? " and she told me she had *just said* " I love you. "

I had it happen again, many times... Not just with her. People tell me they care and I do not hear it. It is like there is a glass wall as dense as could be, between myself and the outside world.

Honestly, love to all here. This is nothing short of unspeakably difficult. There are no sufficient words for how lonely, exhausting, painful, scary and challenging this all is. :-\

:smitten: hang in there, so many say it will get better.

I really relate to this. I spend so much time feeling unwanted, unloved and like I don't matter. Sometimes I'll talk to my husband about being more affirming/complementary and expressing his feelings. Then he'll tell me about all of the nice things he said, the ways he opened up like I asked, and I totally missed it. It's like I'm dying of thirst, there's water everywhere but my cup won't hold it--if I even notice I have a cup to get the water. I feel so neurotic and self-pitying that I'm often hesitant to even share the bat$&#* stuff going through my head :wacko:

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [Ex...]

• [az...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go to a Benzo site and everyone seems to ignore you.  I just feel so all alone in this sometimes. You feel like this is never going to end.

Because people are too busy trying to figure out/find their "new" identities. :)

Try to see this site as a means to an end….that doesn’t mean you don’t reach out to help others if it’s in your power to do so….it just means we all need to be realistic and recognize what landed us here in the first place…desperately wanting to connect with others who understand.

Try to just go with the flow…take what  works and leave behind what doesn’t work for you. We are all aiming for the same goal… to get better… .persistence/patience will pay off. Seriously, where else is there to go to understand our misunderstood condition?

That's right blue, we have to keep it in perspective, and don't allow our expectations to get too high. If ppl don't respond quickly, it doesn't mean they won't, it just means maybe our post wasn't seen yet or maybe the people that have seen it don't have any ideas or advice to give us that will help, so they move on...eventually someone will latch on and have something to give, we just have to practice patience and not take it too personally. Try to remember we all don't feel well, so we need to cut each other a break and try to understand.    :)

You know your in benzo withdrawal when your too sick to go to the doctor...😆

Or you're sick of doctors!!! :tickedoff:

I get both versions of this! So true!!  :sick:

When you go to a Benzo site and everyone seems to ignore you.  I just feel so all alone in this sometimes. You feel like this is never going to end.

Because people are too busy trying to figure out/find their "new" identities. :)

Try to see this site as a means to an end….that doesn’t mean you don’t reach out to help others if it’s in your power to do so….it just means we all need to be realistic and recognize what landed us here in the first place…desperately wanting to connect with others who understand.

Try to just go with the flow…take what  works and leave behind what doesn’t work for you. We are all aiming for the same goal… to get better… .persistence/patience will pay off. Seriously, where else is there to go to understand our misunderstood condition?

That's right blue, we have to keep it in perspective, and don't allow our expectations to get too high. If ppl don't respond quickly, it doesn't mean they won't, it just means maybe our post wasn't seen yet or maybe the people that have seen it don't have any ideas or advice to give us that will help, so they move on...eventually someone will latch on and have something to give, we just have to practice patience and not take it too personally. Try to remember we all don't feel well, so we need to cut each other a break and try to understand.    :)

Thank you CeCe - I was just way to sensitive this am and was crying out for some help.  I got a lot of encouragement and helpful information today on here.  I was just coming off of some really bad symptoms from the last 5-6 days (the worst I have ever had) and my mind wasn't thinking very clearly.  Thank you for your advice  :)

LaHenz

When you crave something sweet, but you first have to make it a topic of discussion on benzobuddies first to make sure you won't die if you choose to give into the cravings.

When the truth if the saying "Without your health you don't have anything" really sinks in.

Yup! It has certainly humbled me, that's for sure!

then the tv test pattern actually happens… and you are clamoring for the remote as if your life depends on hitting mute, because in a way- it does.

When the truth if the saying "Without your health you don't have anything" really sinks in.

That is SO true!  I doubt any of us will take our health for granted again.  And I hope my family can benefit from this lesson I'm going through.

then the tv test pattern actually happens… and you are clamoring for the remote as if your life depends on hitting mute, because in a way- it does.

Sure seems that way a, dosen't it? This ringing is going to kill me, I swear! Ahhhhh!!  :D

When you try to brush your teeth with your razor...

Ouch!  When you pour orange juice on your cereal.  Or you make two bowls of cereal because you forgot you made the first one.

When you don't want to touch anything cause everything will kill you.

When you can't watch a Discovery Channel show cause you see malaria and think "maybe I got that" wich is nuts cause you live close to Antarctica.

When although the word is at the tip of your tongue, but you get all scrambled brain mid sentence, and look like a babbling fool.

When although the word is at the tip of your tongue, but you get all scrambled brain mid sentence, and look like a babbling fool.

Yes. Ah!

All True guys!

When you tell your spouse they are making too much noise when all they are doing is breathing :idiot:

:laugh: Yes! I blame my boyfriends breathing and gentle snoring on my sleepless nights....as if... :laugh: