Please Assistance Needed in Recalculation of Taper / Thank you!

[Pl...]

Hi SG.... I read on another thread about you talking about TD/dystonia.....

Have any of these people ever healed or gotten better? Or are they still in the beginning of this process?  I am curious...as I have had episodes like this this past month that led me to the hospital but I believe I know what precipitated it.... One is my menstrual cycle and the other is the probiotics and protein shakes foot detoxes what have you... I found info that says these things can interfere with effectiveness of benzodiazepines.... Especially the probiotic....

For me my face seems more like involuntary spasms and contractions....( mouth/ cheeks) especially the left eye...it can get very bad when I lay down at night....

I've noticed since after my monthly cycle this has all died down considerably.... I feel it petering out ...don't get me wrong... Its still there (face stuuff) just the dystonia type episodes stopped and the facial stuff is more episodic....(eyes/ mouth) its not doing it every second of the day.....the past week it was only doing it maybe 3 to 4 times during the day.....the sxs are morphing?

I know the adrenaline surges and hormones/anxiety are fueling this somehow...

A moderator on here told me of a woman on  I think one of the Facebook groups who had this and its gone..

Please tell me its not forever or years.... Please......

Hi PBT  :hug: I see on your signature you were taking Inderal, are you still taking it as it has a lot of side effects and many of them look like Benzo withdrwal symptoms https://www.drugs.com/sfx/inderal-side-effects.html.

And are you on any other medication at all, or do you take anything besides Benzos supplements .vits anything over the counter etc

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pl...]

• [...]

• [...]

• [dd...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SG.... I read on another thread about you talking about TD/dystonia.....

Have any of these people ever healed or gotten better? Or are they still in the beginning of this process?  I am curious...as I have had episodes like this this past month that led me to the hospital but I believe I know what precipitated it.... One is my menstrual cycle and the other is the probiotics and protein shakes foot detoxes what have you... I found info that says these things can interfere with effectiveness of benzodiazepines.... Especially the probiotic....

For me my face seems more like involuntary spasms and contractions....( mouth/ cheeks) especially the left eye...it can get very bad when I lay down at night....

I've noticed since after my monthly cycle this has all died down considerably.... I feel it petering out ...don't get me wrong... Its still there (face stuuff) just the dystonia type episodes stopped and the facial stuff is more episodic....(eyes/ mouth) its not doing it every second of the day.....the past week it was only doing it maybe 3 to 4 times during the day.....the sxs are morphing?

I know the adrenaline surges and hormones/anxiety are fueling this somehow...

A moderator on here told me of a woman on  I think one of the Facebook groups who had this and its gone..

Please tell me its not forever or years.... Please......

Hi PBT  :hug: I see on your signature you were taking Inderal, are you still taking it as it has a lot of side effects and many of them look like Benzo withdrwal symptoms https://www.drugs.com/sfx/inderal-side-effects.html.

And are you on any other medication at all, or do you take anything besides Benzos supplements .vits anything over the counter etc

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[/quote

nova.... Sweetheart thank you for responding....

No I don't take anything except  clonazepam.(which I am paradoxical to ... feels toxic...nowhere near stabilized severe adrenaline and akasthesia, boat swaying and more horror)

.it was just for those 5 days I took probiotics... ( The strongest strain you could possibly take) Protein powder...about 2 or 3 foot detoxes.... Reflexology -and drinking chlorophyll about 3 times....and at one point kale smoothies....

About a week after that my period came and everything hit the fan.....stuff I never had before manifested itself....( I was getting some dystonia type episodes prior  / I don't even know what they are but thats what it looks like! But nothing like what had happened this past month)  I describe it in one of my threads I believe dated somewhere around 9/14 or so...

Everyday though I make wild organic blueberry smoothies with Avacado but that is the only green that I eat....

I am very afraid I will not make it... The clonazepam makes me feel very  drugged , it is too too potent, it gives me anxiety and completely alters my personality and I have all these physical issues left over from the ativan...I cry I have rage. Etc, etc,  constantly stuck in fight or flight.... Terror thru the roof!!!!

I can barely reduce....

I have the weirdest sxs I don't see anyone on here talk about... My brain feels scrambled...

...thought perhaps the liquid clonazepam was doing this to me and need to go back to pills?

I don't know.... any thoughts?

I desperately want to just stop taking the clonazepam ..to me this seems more than just withdrawal...like I said adverse/toxic?.. But I don't want to introduce another chemical....

Thank you for listening and i apologize for writing a novel when you just asked a simple question.... I just can't help venting..... :-[:-\

• 4 weeks later...

Hi SG.... I've been laying low for the most part as I've been so severely sick.....

I am desperate for help as I seem to be getting sicker with days in between at 20%

SG.... I feel like I'm literally near death.... My sxs are horrific.... I've definitely been having severe dystonic type episodes and td in my face.....

My head shakes severely and my jaw opens really wide and stays open or in rapid succession with severe facial and eye contortions.... Is this a side effect or damage?

Muscles and nerves cramping and pulling all over my face in my eyes and my body in severity... Muscles burning and tremoring... Vibrating...Feeling I'm spinning.... teeth chattering ....severe shallow labored breathing...heart racing... Blood  pressure dropping....inability to speak while struggling to breathe....constant heavy pressure on chest.....

Every single night LSD fueled type nightmares ( though I never ever did recreational drugs or ever drank smoked nothing!!!!!!)

Spacing out... To weak to stand very long....

This happened to me this morning where I was severely burning heart racing, SEVERE shallow breathing where I could not speak but beg for help from my brother...feeling of a loss of consciousness... Inability to barely utter a word... Near death feeling...

I feel high as a kite all the time and a complete zombie....

Everything suggests to me adverse and toxicity reaction..

Everyday feels like a cold turkey day...

Would all this just stop or lessen if I just stopped the drug? I wish I knew... I just can't do it anymore... I feel either way I'm in deep trouble.... I'm so terrified...

My body and brain feel poisoned and I just cannot be on this drug yet when I try to taper I've gotten new stuff or it,s side effects from staying on..... I don't know but it is of great SEVERITY....

There is no way I can continue to stay on this drug or any other benzo.... I am afraid and don't know what other people have done or what you have seen in your experience....

I so much want to cold turkey as this drug is harming me immensely.... But am terrified of the consequences.... but I will not survive like this.... The drug is untaperable...

It would take me 2 years or more...there is no way....

I don't know what to do......I know you can't tell me what to do....

I am HYPER SENSITIVE to all meds....

But if you were in my situation what would you see as feasible and safe? I have to see my dr today I can't even move or breathe without feeling like I am in a pressure chamber or that I will keel over... I need to be put in a wheelchair...

If anyone else has any suggestions or input please please help...

Please be here for me.... I'm trying to save my life....all prayers welcome....

I wish I had answers for you, PBH.  Your possible choices are to hold steady, taper, CT, or go up.  None of those are a clear choice.  Have you been on the CT boards?  Maybe the people there can help with coping strategies.  They have all been here you are.  I wish I knew how to help.

I wish I had answers for you, PBH.  Your possible choices are to hold steady, taper, CT, or go up.  None of those are a clear choice.  Have you been on the CT boards?  Maybe the people there can help with coping strategies.  They have all been here you are.  I wish I knew how to help.

If I don't make it ( meaning my body gives out; it feels very close) i dont mean to sound dramatic.... i just dont know how else to convey the intense suffering.....I want you to know how much you have meant to me thru holding my hand thru this....may you be blessed for all your efforts.....

SG....this sounds like a crazy idea.... And I believe I see more people complain about getting off v then k but since I complain about the strength of K do you think its possible I could get on a tiny amount of v even at 1 mg to kind of stop any other horror?

It scares me to do this but I rarely if ever see any one that can liquid taper off of k..... I see it time and time again... I'm only pulling 3 tiny lines a day and severely crashing on a 1 ml syringe!!!!! That,s a reduction drop that leads to 3 x30 is 90.... that's less then 1 percent!

if I switch to pills what is the lowest I could decrease with the k?    There has to be a way..... I hate the idea of introducing something else in....

Benzo girl was paradoxical to k even though she didnt like Valium she switched over to it... All that build up of the drug could do me in though too because of its long half life......

This will be my introduction of a third benzo which I don't like....  God please help me.... I get no anxiety relief from this drug at all......

If for some reason K is the problem then it makes sense to replace it, and V is the logical choice I think.  But we don't know if it will do any good.

If for some reason K is the problem then it makes sense to replace it, and V is the logical choice I think.  But we don't know if it will do any good.

How about switching back to pills...... When I look back that's when things got bad for me... The liquid....., I even have a post on here on how sick I got with the liquid.....

1) what's the lowest I could reduce on a daily dry micro taper percentage wise for example in 30 days? Doing a c/c/h type of thing.... Is it possible to go really slow as I am now doing like starting out at  1 percent for a month as an example? 

2). What was your experience on v? Worse better or the same?

3) all my sxs are so overwhelming and intolerable I fell like I'm losing my mind.... The physical akasthesia is kicking in high gear but I'm so weak I can't move around but sit in one place with my legs going crazy...

How about switching back to pills...... When I look back that's when things got bad for me... The liquid....., I even have a post on here on how sick I got with the liquid.....

1) what's the lowest I could reduce on a daily dry micro taper percentage wise for example in 30 days? Doing a c/c/h type of thing.... Is it possible to go really slow as I am now doing like starting out at  1 percent for a month as an example? 

3) all my sxs are so overwhelming and intolerable I fell like I'm losing my mind.... The physical akasthesia is kicking in high gear but I'm so weak I can't move around but sit in one place with my legs going crazy...

1.  You can go any rate you need just by holding.  Using pills limits your step size, but you can always control the overall rate by holding.  The step size for a .5mg pill is .003mg...not bad.  For a 1mg pill it is .006mg...also not too bad really.  1% of 1mg is .01mg.  .01mg a month is .00033mg a day.  If your pills are .5mg that is .003mg every 10 days, so you'd drop .001g every 10 days.

2.  I had no problem switching from K to V.

1.  You can go any rate you need just by holding.  Using pills limits your step size, but you can always control the overall rate by holding.  The step size for a .5mg pill is .003mg...not bad.  For a 1mg pill it is .006mg...also not too bad really.  1% of 1mg is .01mg.  .01mg a month is .00033mg a day.  If your pills are .5mg that is .003mg every 10 days, so you'd drop .001g every 10 days.

Thank you for that wonderful explanation....do I understand the math ? No.... But ill try when I try...

1) in response to question number 1 does that mean it will take me much longer to get off the drug if done in this manner?.

Okay.....  I think im understanding that i can drop as low as 1 percent in a month (even though you didnt answer my other thread yet)

I am currently taking .9250mg a day divided into 3 doses... 9:00am; 5:00pm and 1:00am....

I have a Gemini scale....a pill crusher and individual baggies to hold the individual day doses...

How do I go about doing this? .

Thank you for that wonderful explanation....do I understand the math ? No.... But ill try when I try...

1) in response to question number 1 does that mean it will take me much longer to get off the drug if done in this manner?.

1% a month is 1% a month no matter how you taper.

I thought you had to take a weeks worth of pills w eigh them get an average something like that.....

1). Am I wrong? There's another girl on here who did something like that..,, I don't know how to do this specifically.......

I'm having trouble thinking in milligrams and dividing it ....

2)..is there a spreadsheet? I have to completely change my frame of thinking on this into milligrams..... I'm used to thinking in milliliters...

I'm sorry I can't think clearly...... In panic mode....

I need to be spoonfed all over again....

3). If I'm taking .9250mg a day then if I weighed on the scale each dose would equal according to my calculator .3083333 each dose....

Stabilize on switching to pills on that dose then start reducing that's the part I'm confused about...

I have to look over your previous post and have my brother help me and have him look at it....

4). Am I on the right track?

5). I feel there is alot more to this?

I then have to wrap my mind around the calculation of reducing the cuts by that percentage .... so confused ......

Thank you so much for answering so far....

To get the exact number, take 10 pills and weigh them, then divide that weight by 10.  That is the average weight of one pill.  For a .5mg pill it will be about .170g give or take, so each .001g on the scale is going to be ~.003mg.  The absolute number is not so important since you will be cutting based on how you feel anyway.  If it helps, just simplify it by assuming .001g=.003mg K.  Close enough.  No need to get caught up in the math.

.9250mg divided into three doses is .3083mg per dose.  Each pill needs to weigh .105g.  To taper 1% a month you'd drop .001g every 10 days so rotate that through your doses like this...

d0: .105, .105, .105

d1: .104, .105, .105 (hold 10)

d11: .104, .104, .105 (hold 10)

d21: .104, .104, .104 (hold 10)

d31: .103, .104, .104 (hold 10)

...and so on.

All you need to remember is that you are dropping .001g every 10 days and that you are rotating that cut through your doses to keep your doses even.

To get the exact number, take 10 pills and weigh them, then divide that weight by 10.  That is the average weight of one pill.  For a .5mg pill it will be about .170g give or take, so each .001g on the scale is going to be ~.003mg.  The absolute number is not so important since you will be cutting based on how you feel anyway.  If it helps, just simplify it by assuming .001g=.003mg K.  Close enough.  No need to get caught up in the math.

.9250mg divided into three doses is .3083mg per dose.  Each pill needs to weigh .105g.  To taper 1% a month you'd drop .001g every 10 days so rotate that through your doses like this...

...and so on.

All you need to remember is that you are dropping .001g every 10 days and that you are rotating that cut through your doses to keep your doses even.

Thank you so much!  My brain can't comprehend this now but I will have my brother look at this..... I feel so overwhelmed....

appreciate everything soooooo much.....

SG .... Not for nothing but was I doing this right with the liquid? I would always DISCARD what I DID NOT need and then split what was left over into 3 separate doses and that was what I drank,..

I read on another thread where they took out what they needed and drank that....  I hope that what I read was just another method used....

I'm still going to try the pills I just need to regroup first....

As always, thank you....

You're right, you can do it either way, PBH.  What matters is that you drink the right amount.  The other method you read about pulls the correct dose out of a supply and does not discard or waste anything.  Your method, which a majority seem to prefer, uses the same amount every day and discards what they don't need to get the right dose.  Both reach the same dose in the end, which is all that matters.

You're right, you can do it either way, PBH.  What matters is that you drink the right amount.  The other method you read about pulls the correct dose out of a supply and does not discard or waste anything.  Your method, which a majority seem to prefer, uses the same amount every day and discards what they don't need to get the right dose.  Both reach the same dose in the end, which is all that matters.

Okay.... I preferred the method you suggested because I liked the feeling of dumping this stuff out and getting rid of it ... Made me feel like I was accomplishing something.......thank you so much for clarifying....(((.    )))

Hi Sg..... Its been hard for me to concentrate please forgive me if I've overlooked anything you've said lately....

Hope you are doing as well as well could be...

I wanted to run something past you.... I wanted to go back to pills but needed to regroup for a bit first as well as try one more thing first before i do so and would like your opinion as its very valued which I hope you know by now ... :)

I currently dose at 10:00am(switched from 9:00am otherwise pretty much 8 hours apart)  5:00 pm and 1:00 am....

I noticed everyday pretty much for months now that around 3:00 pm sxs increase exponentially... I'm talking adrenaline surges, rls, contractions facial and otherwise.... I want to crawl out of my skin feeling torment ....

Now every time I dose, for about an hour after, these sxs increase and then die down......

I have both stimulating (physical) and sedative ( mind) properties from k which make this a nightmare..

1) I was going to try to see if dosing at 10:00am 3:00 pm and stick to the 1:00am dose will make some sort of a difference.. What do you think of this? Or change 1:00am to 8:00 pm... Don't know...

Thought I was a slow metabolizer; don't understand.... This is crazy....

I am afraid of mixing it up too much because I think the brain registers these changes as cuts...

also, my dr. Gave me clonodine and I only took it once ( the tiniest piece) and it felt more like a benzo calming my body down this whole time then the actual k ever did at all... I couldn't believe it..... It is an alpha blocker...what the heck?!?!? It added to my dizziness where my head was visibly swaying in circles though ( scared the heck out of me)  and I don't want to be dependent on anything else... Only as needed.... I might try inderal for this to see which is better...

2) do you have experience with alpha/beta blockers helping you?

thank you for reading the novel....

1.  That is a good thought to move your dose to the high symptom time.  I cringe though as in your case I worry you might be very sensitive to change.  It may be worth a try.

2.  No, I have no experience with alpha blockers.  I've seen where other members have gotten some calming with beta blockers.  I don't know much about those drugs.

1.  That is a good thought to move your dose to the high symptom time.  I cringe though as in your case I worry you might be very sensitive to change.  It may be worth a try.

2.  No, I have no experience with alpha blockers.  I've seen where other members have gotten some calming with beta blockers.  I don't know much about those drugs.

1) I'm hoping SG since switching from 5:00pm to 3:00 pm it won't be too much of a change since it is only 2 hours...and just keep the 10:00am and 1:00 am dose where it is for now...fingers crossed.....

Thank you...

...and so on.

Thank you so much!  My brain can't comprehend this now but I will have my brother look at this..... I feel so overwhelmed....

appreciate everything soooooo much.....

SG ... Going to be trying pills very soon..... Can I just start reducing from .90 mg instead of 92mg?

I just want this out of my body as doable as possible... What do you think of this? This milk is not working..... as well as I believe the pills..constant panic state again..... Getting my period.... Hoping alpha blocker will kick in for me.....

I'm going way too slow on milk not working..... :'(.  Thank you......

Is it too late to dose twice a day instead with pills?    Probably not a good idea just asking..,

If your dose now is .92mg and you drop to .9mg, that would be 2.2%.  It is not that big a cut.  You can do that if you want, but using .5mg pills with the scale will allow much smaller steps, which might help you.  Instead of steeping by .02mg you could step by .003mg at a time.

As for switching doses, I worry things are very fragile for you and that this might unnecessarily upset things more.  But again, you could try it.

If your dose now is .92mg and you drop to .9mg, that would be 2.2%.  It is not that big a cut.  You can do that if you want, but using .5mg pills with the scale will allow much smaller steps, which might help you.  Instead of steeping by .02mg you could step by .003mg at a time.

As for switching doses, I worry things are very fragile for you and that this might unnecessarily upset things more.  But again, you could try it.

Okay... I agree about that.....the dosing times....I'm going to keep it...

Just so you know with the milk I barely take out between 3 to 4 lines on a 1 ml syringe a day with no holds and this crazy stuff is still happening with me.....

My brother has to help me with this.....brutally struggling...

I hope you don't mind me contacting you again very soon for further input..... I know you explained some stuff to me already but ill need further assistance to get the hang of it if that is okay with you.....sincerest thanks.....