Please Assistance Needed in Recalculation of Taper / Thank you!

[Pl...]

Okay SG.... that sounds like a plan.....scared to death to hold.... scared to death to reduce... This is crazy.... But at least if the 3 percent is too much then I can go lower and slower.....(((.      ))))

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pl...]

• [...]

• [...]

• [dd...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You tapered six weeks at 5%/month and it did not worsen things...or hardly did.  You've managed to get rid of that much K and are the same.  To me that says you have been healing and that your CNS was okay with that rate...or close to okay.  So I don't think 3% will be any worse for sure.  I think it is a good choice to try.

Thank you for the voice of confidence SG in moving forward...means the world to me...

...I have to say the plethora  of these symptoms make me feel bat sh*t crazy (sorry for the curse) not only because they are so overwhelming but just the length of time of enduring it could make anyone batty.....

I also wanted to say in my particular situation and in hindsight; I truly believe had I  reinstated even after 5 months of my last dose for the sole purpose to do this properly I am fairly convinced I could have thwarted the complete horror that I had went through later on and am still experiencing....( minimizing the glutamate storm that was still awaiting me)

I never in my wildest dreams could have predicted that the seizure like activity would have hit me so far out...

I know that people say "no don't do it after 2 weeks stopping " and Ashton says it but I think this also is so individual and depends on other factors we don't even know about.....

There is a woman on here who also took ativan , rapidly tapered and got hit severely around 4/5 months later....reinstated 80 percent symptoms gone.... And tapered successfully...

Anyway.,..thanks for listening to my  venting rant.... It helps tremendously to get it out ..... (((.      ))))

You tapered six weeks at 5%/month and it did not worsen things...or hardly did.  You've managed to get rid of that much K and are the same.  To me that says you have been healing and that your CNS was okay with that rate...or close to okay.  So I don't think 3% will be any worse for sure.  I think it is a good choice to try.

SG.....could you please tell me how much I would need to discard out of my batch in mls going from .95 mg  at a rate of 2 percent over 30 days.......and what do you think would happen if I just cold turkeyed right now?

SG.....could you please tell me how much I would need to discard out of my batch in mls going from .95 mg  at a rate of 2 percent over 30 days.......and what do you think would happen if I just cold turkeyed right now?

If you CTed?  I hope you aren't serious.  I'd be very concerned that you'd do a lot of damage if you CTed and that it might sentence you to many years of agonizing recovery.  Go visit the CT and protracted boards.  These people are struggling several years off and it is not at all uncommon to see ones beyond five years still struggling.  I'm 40 months off and am struggling and I didn't even CT.

Okay, anyway, .95mg at 2% a month.  2% of .95mg is .019mg.  Over 30 days that is .00063mg a day.  Your liquid is .01mg/ml so move the decimal place over two.  That's .063ml a day.

If you CTed?  I hope you aren't serious.  I'd be very concerned that you'd do a lot of damage if you CTed and that it might sentence you to many years of agonizing recovery.  Go visit the CT and protracted boards.  These people are struggling several years off and it is not at all uncommon to see ones beyond five years still struggling.  I'm 40 months off and am struggling and I didn't even CT.

Okay, anyway, .95mg at 2% a month.  2% of .95mg is .019mg.  Over 30 days that is .00063mg a day.  Your liquid is .01mg/ml so move the decimal place over two.  That's .063ml a day.

I know....I had a momentary lapse of reason....just to refresh your memory I already did a rapid taper/ct and i am already suffering bad neuro damage everyday and had to reinstate after 10 months of being free...I feel I will already be there :'(

I keep reading stories of people who took this k saying they cannot reduce or stop without debilitating effects and keep failing their tapers...even though they say they are going slow...I already have all the debilitating effects from the first withdrawal...that means its going to be that much harder and I will have additional ones on top of my already existing ones....how will I ever do this....it's so unfathomable...

I have severe battle fatigue...another 3 years of tapering or more and then suffer another 4 years... This is the stuff that goes thru my head...

I keep repeating your rule in my head... Don't let symptoms escalate...you're a positive force for someone who really doesn't see any hope...

.. I'm filled with incomprehensible fear no human should ever experience (like many people here) .bad enough I did it once now I'm adding another withdrawal on top another withdrawal...I can't get past that and the position I'm in.... ..

I've been holding 5 days now and having the usual sxs and some old ones where my right leg was jerking up and down involuntarily with severe tremoring.....was real bad...I never know what's gonna happen next.... Okay letting fear out over today.. :-[:-\

just to check my math:

Rounding it to .06ml instead of .063ml? 

Day 1:  5.06.                     

Day 2:  5.12

Day 3:  5.18

"      ": 

Day 30: 6.80

and in another post you used .07ml for 2 percent over 30 days:

Day1: 5.07

Day2: 5.14

".    "

Day 30: 7.09

I would be at .93mg....

SG. .....i thank you so much for your continued support and patience....

I know....I had a momentary lapse of reason....just to refresh your memory I already did a rapid taper/ct and i am already suffering bad neuro damage everyday and had to reinstate after 10 months of being free...I feel I will already be there :'(

I keep reading stories of people who took this k saying they cannot reduce or stop without debilitating effects and keep failing their tapers...even though they say they are going slow...I already have all the debilitating effects from the first withdrawal...that means its going to be that much harder and I will have additional ones on top of my already existing ones....how will I ever do this....it's so unfathomable...

I have severe battle fatigue...another 3 years of tapering or more and then suffer another 4 years... This is the stuff that goes thru my head...

I keep repeating your rule in my head... Don't let symptoms escalate...you're a positive force for someone who really doesn't see any hope...

.. I'm filled with incomprehensible fear no human should ever experience (like many people here) .bad enough I did it once now I'm adding another withdrawal on top another withdrawal...I can't get past that and the position I'm in.... ..

I've been holding 5 days now and having the usual sxs and some old ones where my right leg was jerking up and down involuntarily with severe tremoring.....was real bad...I never know what's gonna happen next.... Okay letting fear out over today.. :-[:-\

just to check my math:

"      ": 

".    "

I would be at .93mg....

That's right, I had forgot you know all about CT.

Don't get into the negative stuff.  We don't know that will happen.  The fact is you've tapered 5% and are no worse off, right?  So we know you can remove it without making matters worse.  You could just sit tight and give it a good long hold...several months.  That's an option.  Remember, the goal is to feel better.  Once you get to a tolerable place you'll maintain that.  If you taper, the plan you have is a good one.  Nice and easy.

Your math all looks good.  .06ml is the one.  Any hints at symptom reduction?  Anymore good periods recurring?

Pleasebehere....I hear you in terms of your fear....I have had many days where I am convinced I will never be able to get off this stuff-I am only on .25 K and it seems impossible it is so darn hard to taper even a small amount. Right now I m tapering .1 ml a day (so that's only 3ml a month from the 100ml solution I make), and that's it because I have tried too many other wacky things along with trying to cut too fast. I have finally resigned myself to tapering as slow as it takes.

I am so sorry-hang in there. Maybe some of the symptoms are from that CT you did earlier that is intruding now?

And I hate K...it never made me feel all that great....like you it feels toxic to me and just drugs me out.

just to check my math:

"      ": 

".    "

I would be at .93mg....

Don't get into the negative stuff.  We don't know that will happen.  The fact is you've tapered 5% and are no worse off, right?  So we know you can remove it without making matters worse.  You could just sit tight and give it a good long hold...several months.  That's an option.  Remember, the goal is to feel better.  Once you get to a tolerable place you'll maintain that.  If you taper, the plan you have is a good one.  Nice and easy.

Your math all looks good.  .06ml is the one.  Any hints at symptom reduction?  Anymore good periods recurring?

SG... You've been my lifeline on here and I'm doing bad today.... Severe outside body tremors in arms and legs ( like an alcoholic would look like but in all limbs) inner vibrating....akasthesthia( my legs have to constantly move up and down inner agitation).... My right leg just started jerking up and down with alot of force shaking my whole body.. I had to hold on to a table (for about 5 seconds; feels like an eternity).  Fatigue shortness of breath...these are all fueling panic attacks....

The severe movement and jerking of my leg is an old symptom and one of the reasons I reinstated to calm all this down...I haven't seen this symptom in a long time with such intensity.  But today my face was mostly spared except the jaw was severely contracting....

I have been holding I think 6 days now...need your opinion please.... I'm so new at this....

Do you think the recent 5 percent cut is catching up with me now?

How do you know if its not the drug itself causing some side effects/reactions? ( not expecting you to know this)

I don't know what to do.....

SG... You've been my lifeline on here and I'm doing bad today.... Severe outside body tremors in arms and legs ( like an alcoholic would look like but in all limbs) inner vibrating....akasthesthia( my legs have to constantly move up and down inner agitation).... My right leg just started jerking up and down with alot of force shaking my whole body.. I had to hold on to a table (for about 5 seconds; feels like an eternity).  Fatigue shortness of breath...these are all fueling panic attacks....

The severe movement and jerking of my leg is an old symptom and one of the reasons I reinstated to calm all this down...I haven't seen this symptom in a long time with such intensity.  But today my face was mostly spared except the jaw was severely contracting....

I have been holding I think 6 days now...need your opinion please.... I'm so new at this....

How do you know if its not the drug itself causing some side effects/reactions? ( not expecting you to know this)

None of this sounds good.  If things are getting worse you need to stop tapering.  Sorry this is happening to you.

None of this sounds good.  If things are getting worse you need to stop tapering.  Sorry this is happening to you.

Thank you SG... I just want to give up..

I know the feeling.

Pleasebehere....I hear you in terms of your fear....I have had many days where I am convinced I will never be able to get off this stuff-I am only on .25 K and it seems impossible it is so darn hard to taper even a small amount. Right now I m tapering .1 ml a day (so that's only 3ml a month from the 100ml solution I make), and that's it because I have tried too many other wacky things along with trying to cut too fast. I have finally resigned myself to tapering as slow as it takes.

I am so sorry-hang in there. Maybe some of the symptoms are from that CT you did earlier that is intruding now?

And I hate K...it never made me feel all that great....like you it feels toxic to me and just drugs me out.

Thank you dd for your interest in my welfare...... Yes everything is from the ativan..... I agree with you on how you feel.... I'm sorry for what you're going thru......,thank you for sharing with me as it helps me feel less alone....

It is a very lonely feeling for sure and so frightening at times. Some days I can have symptoms and "stay on top of them" and dismiss them as "withdrawal symptoms" and I am healing. Other days I have to fight panic all day. It's exhausting. Impossible to have anything that looks like a life....but hold out for the time when I get it back. I remember what it feels like to be "normal" and the one consistent thing here on this site is that EVERYONE heals. Some just have a harder time than others. I tell myself I am stronger than a half a pill. and every day of pain is one day less and closer to being free. hang in there...one day (or one moment) at a time!

I know the feeling.

SG ...remember the horrid state I was in yesterday?  .since you've been such a mentor for me I wanted to update you that my body and pretty much my face ( except for a few blips here and there) and the other usual symptoms have calmed considerably today ( almost complete opposite of yesterday ) ...wth?!?!  what a blessing....

I still have my usual other symptoms(spacing out ,swaying ,

vibrating and more) especially if I get excited even over someting neutral but they always vary in intensity....nothing is ever consistent and that in itself is a torture....

I don't know what to make of this but I had to share.......thanks for listening .... I mean reading...

SG ...remember the horrid state I was in yesterday?  .since you've been such a mentor for me I wanted to update you that my body and pretty much my face ( except for a few blips here and there) and the other usual symptoms have calmed considerably today ( almost complete opposite of yesterday ) ...wth?!?!  what a blessing....

vibrating and more) especially if I get excited even over someting neutral but they always vary in intensity....nothing is ever consistent and that in itself is a torture....

I don't know what to make of this but I had to share.......thanks for listening .... I mean reading...

That's great news PBH.  I have not seen enough yet nor has enough time passed yet to know if you are turning this around, but let's hope that is the case.  Keep going as long as you feel things are not worsening and track how you feel, looking for small improvements.  The goal is to eventually turn you around, but it might take quite some time...months.  How long have you been tapering now?

That's great news PBH.  I have not seen enough yet nor has enough time passed yet to know if you are turning this around, but let's hope that is the case.  Keep going as long as you feel things are not worsening and track how you feel, looking for small improvements.  The goal is to eventually turn you around, but it might take quite some time...months.  How long have you been tapering now?

I think I started the actual .17ml reductions on April 25th, 2016 according to my calendar ...it took I think roughly 6 weeks to get there if I'm not mistaken...absolutely brutal ...so it hasn't been long at all.... I have been holding at this .95mg reduction Ive reached so far for 8 days now....

When you say keep going you mean if I feel a little more stable to reduce that other 2 percent over the next 30 days?    I hate the idea of holding so much but I feel it still needs to be done for how long I don't know.... I just hate the way this chemical makes me feel so much... I keep thinking I'm dying and being poisoned everyday I have this in me because it feels like that.... I don't want to make it worse either....

Psychologically though it feels so good when I know I'm reducing even the tiniest amount.....you are right hard to tell yet what's happening....

SG... My fear is that no matter how long I hold these neuro symptoms will never really get better or go away because I reinstated after my rapid / ct 10 months after being free.....it terrifies me.... That's why I keep thinking holds wouldn't even work for me.... but I don't know if that's factual from the evidence on this forum...

I think that makes me different then most but if I'm not mistaken I think other people have done the same.....

I think I started the actual .17ml reductions on April 25th, 2016 according to my calendar ...it took I think roughly 6 weeks to get there if I'm not mistaken...absolutely brutal ...so it hasn't been long at all.... I have been holding at this .95mg reduction Ive reached so far for 8 days now....

When you say keep going you mean if I feel a little more stable to reduce that other 2 percent over the next 30 days?    I hate the idea of holding so much but I feel it still needs to be done for how long I don't know.... I just hate the way this chemical makes me feel so much... I keep thinking I'm dying and being poisoned everyday I have this in me because it feels like that.... I don't want to make it worse either....

Psychologically though it feels so good when I know I'm reducing even the tiniest amount.....you are right hard to tell yet what's happening....

That's 47 days...and you are down 5%.  When I said keep going I meant just keep doing what you have been doing and what feels right.  Hold as needed; taper when you feel it is okay.  Don't fall for the idea that you need to cut.  The idea is not to get off; it is to feel better.  Once you do that, time will not matter as much.  You're doing great and breaks like today are a welcomed relief I'm sure.

That's 47 days...and you are down 5%.  When I said keep going I meant just keep doing what you have been doing and what feels right.  Hold as needed; taper when you feel it is okay.  Don't fall for the idea that you need to cut.  The idea is not to get off; it is to feel better.  Once you do that, time will not matter as much.  You're doing great and breaks like today are a welcomed relief I'm sure.

Yes it is... Thank you so much for your continued advice, encouraging words and most of all  unwavering patience.....

It is a very lonely feeling for sure and so frightening at times. Some days I can have symptoms and "stay on top of them" and dismiss them as "withdrawal symptoms" and I am healing. Other days I have to fight panic all day. It's exhausting. Impossible to have anything that looks like a life....but hold out for the time when I get it back. I remember what it feels like to be "normal" and the one consistent thing here on this site is that EVERYONE heals. Some just have a harder time than others. I tell myself I am stronger than a half a pill. and every day of pain is one day less and closer to being free. hang in there...one day (or one moment) at a time!

Dd.... I can completely relate to everything you are saying.... Everything and more..... I am extremely sensitive to these meds.....for me to be on .95 mg is insane....im overwhelmed by the pain and what my body seems to want to do on its own......everyday I'm terrified... This chemical actually gives me anxiety....

I'm so so so petrified.....thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry that we are all going thru this....

Yes it is... Thank you so much for your continued advice, encouraging words and most of all  unwavering patience.....

SG.... In my zealousness, I reduced for the first time today 5.06 ml.... No good....I was holding at 5.00 ml for about 8 days..... this seems like such a tiny amount I didn't think it would do anything... I was just going to stay pulling and holding at the 5.06 ml amount, Or should I go back to 5.00 ml?

Sxs bad.... Thank you...

I can't tell if the med itself is making me sick and adding on to all my prior w/d stuff or not.... That's why I get the urge to reduce...

SG.... In my zealousness, I reduced for the first time today 5.06 ml.... No good....I was holding at 5.00 ml for about 8 days..... this seems like such a tiny amount I didn't think it would do anything... I was just going to stay pulling and holding at the 5.06 ml amount, Or should I go back to 5.00 ml?

Sxs bad.... Thank you...

I can't tell if the med itself is making me sick and adding on to all my prior w/d stuff or not.... That's why I get the urge to reduce...

I doubt the way you feel was caused by the cut.  It is probably just your natural symptom fluctuation.  I don't think it matters if you hold here or go back to 5ml.  Like you said, it is a tiny amount that a single day of holding will correct.

Sxs bad.... Thank you...

I doubt the way you feel was caused by the cut.  It is probably just your natural symptom fluctuation.  I don't think it matters if you hold here or go back to 5ml.  Like you said, it is a tiny amount that a single day of holding will correct.

Ok..... That's what I thought.... you're  the best... Thank you

Sxs bad.... Thank you...

Ok..... That's what I thought.... you're  the best... Thank you

Dearest SG.... I can't just share the bad with you I have to share the good.....today so far has probably been the best since I started reducing..... Nowhere near perfect by any means.... Not at all.... But a lot of my symptoms decreased so much in intensity..... Just kind of there in the background and I did have some bad blips..... But I'm so grateful and truly blessed to have this reprieve... I Know how this goes though......but for today ill take it......I am in utter awe and gratitude today.....

If I could just work my way down from a good baseline that's consistent.... Will I ever find or achieve it?  Better yet is it even possible in my case.... It completely eludes me...

thank you for your continued presence....

Dearest SG.... I can't just share the bad with you I have to share the good.....today so far has probably been the best since I started reducing..... Nowhere near perfect by any means.... Not at all.... But a lot of my symptoms decreased so much in intensity..... Just kind of there in the background and I did have some bad blips..... But I'm so grateful and truly blessed to have this reprieve... I Know how this goes though......but for today ill take it......I am in utter awe and gratitude today.....

If I could just work my way down from a good baseline that's consistent.... Will I ever find or achieve it?  Better yet is it even possible in my case.... It completely eludes me...

thank you for your continued presence....

That's great PBH.  I think it is significant that you feel this way even though you are tapering.  All we can do is try to do what makes sense and hope we can get the symptoms to fade away as you go.  Keep tracking them.  They'll reveal a trend as time goes on...it is still early yet.