Name something you want to do when off and healed.

[os...]

I really want to be more active for children in my community. I'd like to have energy to give to kids that need it. And morning jogs would be lovely. I feel like I've been robbed of my mornings. Almost like a vampire...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [no...]

• [Es...]

• [2t...]

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have wanted for almost 22 years is to be well enough to work. People moan about working but being too unwell to from the age of 28 is hell.

I would also like to be well enough to concentrate enough to write some of the stories I have collected ideas for over the years.

Sometimes it’s better not to work at all than suffer a severe burnout and have one’s life fall to pieces. Working full-time for many yrs in a very demanding job. And being obsessed with making more and more money. Despite being sick since age 14. Brought me back to benzos after 11 yrs off. We have no choice but to accept our limitations and adapt our life accordingly. I think writing is one of the most wonderful things one can do in life. Hope your dream comes true :thumbsup:

[b9...]
I want to meet Oscar. He is among the first persons I met when I arrived here in 2012. He has been on a taper hold since -- the rest have left.

All I have wanted for almost 22 years is to be well enough to work. People moan about working but being too unwell to from the age of 28 is hell.

I would also like to be well enough to concentrate enough to write some of the stories I have collected ideas for over the years.

Sometimes it’s better not to work at all than suffer a severe burnout and have one’s life fall to pieces. Working full-time for many yrs in a very demanding job. And being obsessed with making more and more money. Despite being sick since age 14. Brought me back to benzos after 11 yrs off. We have no choice but to accept our limitations and adapt our life accordingly. I think writing is one of the most wonderful things one can do in life. Hope your dream comes true :thumbsup:

Dealing with the disability benefits system is very stressful. 1000's of ill and disabled people have killed themselves because of the new regime of testing in the UK. The UN have said the UK givernment has breached disabled people's human rights. 43% of UK sickness benefits claimants have attempted suicide.... I would rather work.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/disability-benefit-claimants-attempted-suicides-fit-to-work-assessment-i-daniel-blake-job-centre-dwp-a8119286.html

I agree about writing but I so want to be well enough to earn my own living. I did have a lovely job before I got ill running the theatre at the local University and was planning to do a Ph.d. I wish I had appreciated that more at the time.

I agree that hard and thankless jobs are a very bad thing.

Go camping with my husband.  I suggested it recently to my psych, thinking it would do me some good, he was against it for now.  😔

Beach sounds good nude or otherwise,

I've only managed to see the ocean once in the last 20 years. I miss it.

I am taking a fabulous trip. I have no idea where I'm going yet (Greece? Scotland? Perth?) but I do know I'm going alone for ME and it will probably be more than I should spend. Who cares. I'm enjoying just dreaming about it for now.

I want to be able to drive a car again. Had to give that up pre-benzo's due to constant anxiety and panic, then brain fog.

On benzo's the brain fog worsened even further.

I wish my brain will ever revert back to normal so i can enjoy some simple things again, like driving a car.

Nick needs help.......it's always the little things that mean the most.  I'd just like to go get my hair cut right now :( hope u get to drive soon....

Start a support group ion my small town for others on benzos that do not know they are dangerous. Go to Golf Tournaments and resume playing golf.

Not even a drinker, but I'd like to enjoy the occassional.glass of wine with dinner.  Only because I cant right now probably, but it sounds wonderful.

I agree about the wine. I WAS a drinker so this is extremely annoying (loved champagne and whites). Tried some drinks on Halloween and it didn't end well - a wave five days later. Guess I'll try again slowly in a year or two.

I've decided, I'm going to celebrate my husband when I'm healed.  That man deserves a medal already, and I have a long way to go still.

I’m not healed but I’m doing what I want anyway. I am somewhat healed and sometimes feel healed but deal with the “realities” of this world. “Realities” would be spiritual warfare and physical danger, those are harsh.

Really there is good though too, but I feel we were harmed by the most pharmacologically dynamic and powerful drug (which is an actual physical substance we introduce) on the planet.

Am I scared that this is true? Yes. It looks bleak, it is the blackness of the void not only staring back but doing its best to reach in, change and grab a physical vessel/soul and thereby “incapacitate” someone spiritually.

But reality is this totally sucks but I have a choice, many choices, to make on how to face it down. I have to keep choosing. Choose life, choose forgiveness, choose love (not one specific kind, brotherly/agape love.)

Screw up, God gives me another chance to re-choose until I breathe my last breath.

• 4 weeks later...

I envision an ugly beast (the benzo beast) and me killing it in some fashion. Have to work out the details still.

Something that I will know what it means.. and maybe it will give me the chance to talk to others about it.