Name something you want to do when off and healed.

[os...]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [no...]

• [Es...]

• [2t...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just need to be able to go to bed and sleep like a baby and not have to wonder what horrors benzo withdrawal is going to pile on in the morning.

When this happens I will be sleeping with the largest grin on my face you have ever seen.

Travel and see the world as much as I can!

Visiting a friend who lives 500 kms far away from where I live.

Putting more effort into my job.

Simply enjoying the little pleasures of life.

Going to a rock concert.

Buying new clothes, especially shirts, because all my actual ones are too large.

Buying new clothes, especially shirts, because all my actual ones are too large.

Same...my clothes are old and I've tried on new and nothing fits right now...benzo belly at it's finest.

Send my pcp a copy of Ashtons manuel and a very long letter so she never hurts a patient again

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Think I'll do the same.    :smitten:

Back in 2010 I was travelling around Europe a lot, went to Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium all in one road trip with friends. I also went to Germany for the new year going into 2011.

I don't really like travel much anymore, and the only thing I really want to do is see the Northern Lights in Iceland, which I plan to do in 2018. However once fully healed, travel may be more appealing to me than just one trip to Iceland that I have in mind now.

Although I've got a life long mental disability, I am hoping that one day I can get back into work in cybersecurity; since I used to work back in 2010 but do not currently work, however still kept up to date with moving technology and skills relating to it.

My wife and I are travelling to Nicaragua for six weeks in February. I am healed enough to travel, but I hope to be even more healed by then.

I want to take my kids on a family holiday, somewhere tropical, where we can be together just enjoying each other.  It would be so much fun!  Jet Ski, swim, snorkel, parasail and ride mopeds.  So, so much fun!!  My Dream!!

Really concentrate on starting a new, fun...live life to it's fullest till you die relationship...no judgements just all around acceptance, embracing each other's differences....Ooooooo.....I can see it now! Lot's of kissing (has to be a good kisser, this guy) fondling and love making all hours of the day and night...insomnia would have nothing to do with w/d!  :heybabe:

Im taking a whale watching cruise in November. Off the California coast. Im so jazzed about going. I love to be on the water. Im only a little freaked about the possibility of drowning.. haha...lmao!

It's a much needed PTO from my employer. Just me and the husband. Maybe we can rekindle some of what we have lost the years I was so sick. I know my sex drive is back. Hehe...

We shall see. Im busy making the arrangements now. It's very liberating to know I will once again be free with the ocean breeze on my face. The rhythm of the ocean tides give me a better general sense of well being!

I'm soo looking forward to this!!

Peace and LOVE

Hope&Faith

💛💛💛💛

Sleep for eight hours naturally.Wake up feeling GOOD.

Lose the benzo flab. Really taste and enjoy food again. Get HEALTHY and get a good body image again

Have the energy to travel again, and to garden, and to hike, and to snorkel, and to do ANYTHING other than being a bed or couch potato.

To use the money saved from useless Dr. AND E.R. visits for more fun things. I need the new car not Dr.Dick , who never listened to me and who got me into the 'Benzo Hell'.

• 1 month later...
Thanks, Sundance for reviving this thread.  I would love to wake up not having to distract myself from how bad I feel.  I would be at 75% or maybe more now  if it weren't for these brutal AMs.    So I would love to go to bed unafraid of how bad I might feel when I wake up.  WBB

Yes, mornings are always the worst. You wake up, "Is today the day!? No, not today. Guess I'll go put some more lipstick on this pig." I would love to wake up and find this pig butchered.

With all due respect to the people on this chat site.

I am really waiting for the day I feel no need to log in to BB as the last year is nothing but a bunch of fading memories.

2trusting

Please log into the battlefield for a final time and let us know how great you are feeling. We poor suckers who are still fighting need an encouraging word

2trusting

Please log into the battlefield for a final time and let us know how great you are feeling. We poor suckers who are still fighting need an encouraging word

Brave rabbit it will be a while yet as I should jump off this crap in January but I will hang around for a while.

I think you are English like me and a transplant to the US? I'm afraid this taper is pushing my stiff upper lip to never before seen levels.

I will overcome though.

Yes, you are right. I am a transplant to the U.S. I didn't plan on it, but I married an American, so here I am.

The stiff upper lip thing sucks. I grew up in what I realise now was a very dysfunctional household. Very judgemental  and not much T.L,C. The whole family was like this. When my cousin took his own life the family attitude was 'How Selfish'. Noblesse Oblige was the thing, and all my life I have struggled to be me and not the person my family wanted me to be.

I have finished my taper and am in the early days of recovery. It all seems to take forever, but I know that one day it will be done.

Brave Rabbit, how did your taper go and how is your after benzo time? my taper has hard periods and some that seem easier, I am getting pretty low on my klonopin dose now and seem to have entered a hard period, it is tough to accept as the 4 weeks that included thanksgiving were reasonably good and I did a lot of things including having some fun, Christmas is looking like a dud at the moment.

I can somewhat understand what you are talking about re your family, my interaction with my Father whilst in my youth were pretty much limited to being punished or told what I was doing wrong. He wasn't abusive but as you say very lacking in TLC , my Mother tried but I think she was better with my sisters.

I moved to the States in the late 80's as I was going through a bad business period and wanted a change, it was a good move but I still miss wine gums and ginger cake.

"pop a xanax to celebrate!"

If you do I will hunt you down and set the Benzo Buddies goon squad on you.

I know you are only joking as you have come a long way in the last few weeks being off the horrid drug.