3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Am on my second day off after tapering down to 1.2 Flurazepam (~.6 vallium). It has a 4-day half-life so am crossing fingers! I will let you guys know how it goes. 

Am on my second day off after tapering down to 1.2 Flurazepam (~.6 vallium). It has a 4-day half-life so am crossing fingers! I will let you guys know how it goes.

Congratulations!! You got this. :-)

Harmonee - you've come so far! Congratulations!

Thanks SoberHope, just crossing everything hoping it will be a nice smooth landing. Taper's gone really well to date  :thumbsup:

:smitten: Haronee

That's great news Harmonee - I think you will have a very smooth landing. Keep us in the loop and congratulations on how far you've come!

Tweed8 - are you reducing from your last dose or the dose you started with. Slower is always better. Builder is really helpful with daily micro-tapers so reach out to him.

Hi everyone. I am at 3mg of Valium now so happy to be a part of the group. I am going to start a daily liquid micro taper using Rx liquid Valium soon so hope that makes things smoother than the cut and hold I have been doing up until this point.

Cow, congrats!!

I hae to make decision what to do.

Upped valium as got so sick could get zero sleep to throw off throat infectn.  Worst taper ever.

My body terribly trashed and dr. dos notknow what to do.  might fluraz. as Cow did, or temaz make sense?  I feel valium kind of killing me.  Can only lie in bed now  worse than i was.

tx.

Thanks Barb!

I hated temaz. But if V is giving you trouble I don't see the harm in subbing in an equivalent dose of Fluraz and seeing if it is smoother for you. Flurazepam eiquivalent is just double the V dose. Good luck, girl!

Hello all!

I’m wondering if I can join your group?  I’ll be down to 3.99 mg (doing a daily liquid micro taper), later this month. When I hit 3.99, can I join in?  Or should I wait until I’m at 3 mg?

I am so excited to be in the “3’s” this month!  Been a long time coming.  :smitten:

Welcome Candice and congratulations on your taper!

I hope it’s alright if I join you all :). Thank you for the congratulations! And congratulations to you as well. I hope to be off of this stuff within 2 years. Unless I somehow become able to tolerate a faster dose reduction, we shall see!  I’m amazed with how slow this taper has become for me, at the end of it.

I work in a stressful job, I'm down to 1 mg V and the anxiety is kicking my butt. It's non stop in the morning until around 2.

I've tapered very slow, guess I'll hold here for awhile.

Caltn, we could be Benzo twins haha..I am at 1 mg, get the anxiety/depression/sadness till anytime after lunch. I forget...are you dry cutting?

Thanks Barb!

I hated temaz. But if V is giving you trouble I don't see the harm in subbing in an equivalent dose of Fluraz and seeing if it is smoother for you. Flurazepam eiquivalent is just double the V dose. Good luck, girl!

Well getting no sleep... and this none or 1 or 2 hrs only for 2 years has led me to get URI of the century...  so sick only today got out of bed.  Am freezing cold and don't breath right and been to sick to go to dr other than urgent care when neighbor took m in and gave antibiotics.

Should some dose of somthing give m sleep or will nothing???

Caltn, we could be Benzo twins haha..I am at 1 mg, get the anxiety/depression/sadness till anytime after lunch. I forget...are you dry cutting?

Yes I am dry cutting. I take a pill cutter and cut a 2 mg pill in half and always weigh after.

Well getting no sleep... and this none or 1 or 2 hrs only for 2 years has led me to get URI of the century...  so sick only today got out of bed.  Am freezing cold and don't breath right and been to sick to go to dr other than urgent care when neighbor took m in and gave antibiotics.

Should some dose of somthing give m sleep or will nothing???

If you are TOTALLY desperate, Seroquel will knock you out, but when I take it I am out of it and depressed the next day.

Caltn, how do you plan on continuing dry cut as our doses get too small to cut with a pill cutter?..I had no luck with scales before but it seems I will have to try again as I couldn't tolerate liquids either

Caltn, how do you plan on continuing dry cut as our doses get too small to cut with a pill cutter?..I had no luck with scales before but it seems I will have to try again as I couldn't tolerate liquids either

Hi Chenka

I have been thinking on this for awhile. Early on in my taper I could  tolerate only 1 mg in liquid at a time. My thinking is I'm going to dissolve the .075 pill in milk and reduce that way. I'm sure this will work for me.

I plan to hold for awhile until I heal some cause I feel every cut.

Hi Chenka

I have been thinking on this for awhile. Early on in my taper I could  tolerate only 1 mg in liquid at a time. My thinking is I'm going to dissolve the .075 pill in milk and reduce that way. I'm sure this will work for me.

Caltn,

Did you reach a point in your taper when you couldn’t tolerate the liquid any further?  I’m just about at 4 mg and I too use the liquid to microtaper daily, 1 mg at a time, leaving the rest of my dose in pill form. I’m using the Roxanne liquid 5mg:5ml, and so far it’s agreed well with me. I do feel it when I trade out 1 mg of pill and replace it with the liquid. I’m worried that as I get lower, it’s going to become very hard to make that transition for each mg.  Thanks for your input!

Hi Chenka

Caltn,

Did you reach a point in your taper when you couldn’t tolerate the liquid any further?  I’m just about at 4 mg and I too use the liquid to microtaper daily, 1 mg at a time, leaving the rest of my dose in pill form. I’m using the Roxanne liquid 5mg:5ml, and so far it’s agreed well with me. I do feel it when I trade out 1 mg of pill and replace it with the liquid. I’m worried that as I get lower, it’s going to become very hard to make that transition for each mg.  Thanks for your input!

I started out tapering from 5 mg V, once I got down to 3 mg is when I tried the phar supplied liquid V mixed with water. I could not tolerate it so I tried a 2 mg pill then the other 1 mg in liquid mixed in milk instead of water.  I finally tapered the liquid like that with ease. Once I got to 2 mg I decided to try dry cutting and has worked down to 1 mg.  I just tried different things and found something that would work. I think I can still dry cut but it's not accurate so I'm going to make my own liquid with pill and milk.  I have tapered slow and now I'll hold for a month or so and then do a slow taper down.

Hi Chenka

Caltn,

I started out tapering from 5 mg V, once I got down to 3 mg is when I tried the phar supplied liquid V mixed with water. I could not tolerate it so I tried a 2 mg pill then the other 1 mg in liquid mixed in milk instead of water.  I finally tapered the liquid like that with ease. Once I got to 2 mg I decided to try dry cutting and has worked down to 1 mg.  I just tried different things and found something that would work. I think I can still dry cut but it's not accurate so I'm going to make my own liquid with pill and milk.  I have tapered slow and now I'll hold for a month or so and then do a slow taper down.

I admire your resourcefulness and bravery to try new ways to taper. I’m thinking dry cutting isn’t a great idea for the same reason- lack of accuracy. Do you feel any increase in symptoms when you trade out the pill form for milk liquid?

Hi Chenka

Caltn,

I admire your resourcefulness and bravery to try new ways to taper. I’m thinking dry cutting isn’t a great idea for the same reason- lack of accuracy. Do you feel any increase in symptoms when you trade out the pill form for milk liquid?

I can tell a difference from pill form and liquid mixed with milk. I generally wait a few weeks after the transition then taper.

For some reason I'm getting withdrawal sxs out of nowhere and all happened once I got down to 1 mg.  I've learned to hold when sxs hit and then I'll stabilize.

Hi Candice and Caltn

I'm also going to switch to liquid - have to make it myself because I don't think Rx liquid Valium is available in the US. Builder is helping me make a 14 day supply. He is truly such a help on this site.

I also was going to transition to the liquid at 3mg and hold there to make sure it works for me.

Interested to hear any liquid insights you both have.

Hope you are all well!

Happy Healing to everyone!

Hi Candice and Caltn

I'm also going to switch to liquid - have to make it myself because I don't think Rx liquid Valium is available in the US. Builder is helping me make a 14 day supply. He is truly such a help on this site.

I also was going to transition to the liquid at 3mg and hold there to make sure it works for me.

Interested to hear any liquid insights you both have.

Hope you are all well!

Happy Healing to everyone!

Rx liquid valium is available in the US, I get it from Walgreens.  Most people tolerate the Rx liquid valium but I didn't . I tried it when I was on 3 mg and after dosing for 7 days I couldn't take it any longer.  I tried to up dose and still the same thing.  It has a paradoxical effect , stimulating my whole body, nausea, muscles shaking, feeling ill.  Sounds odd but when I switched back to the pill it all went away.  That's when I tried only 1 mg Rx liquid mixed with 100 ml of milk and that worked.  You may not have any issues.

Wishing you luck!