3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I will wait and see about gab.

It looks like you did a pretty fast Valium taper in the beginning then slowed down. How are you feeling?

I will wait and see about gab.

It looks like you did a pretty fast Valium taper in the beginning then slowed down. How are you feeling?

Actually it’s been the same from 60 mg Valium equivalents, about 10% every two weeks. I had a NP push me to reduce 1mg per week and that hit me hard. I held for a month and a half then continued. Was doing fine until the last two cuts and have run into longer lasting and new symptoms. Trying a long hold to see if I stabilize. Tough right now though.

I'm in the group (finally). I'm reducing very slowly, as sig shows. There were other health related issues in 2018. Now its about .01 daily. Do I automatically go slower or did ANYONE NOT have to? I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

I'm in the group (finally). I'm reducing very slowly, as sig shows. There were other health related issues in 2018. Now its about .01 daily. Do I automatically go slower or did ANYONE NOT have to? I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

I’ve been cutting about 0.25-3 mg a month of V and haven’t really slowed down. I’d just keep going and see how you do. Glad to see you here!

Thank you guys!!!! What a long haul!! Last year was basically a hold due to non benzo related issues. I think I will try the same rate I’m doing now at .01% daily. The daily % over my typical rate scares me, though. I don’t see any way around it.  The memories of pushing it early in taper with horrendous symptoms has given me ptsd!! As a result,I have tapered with a constant eye on these %. Do you think when you get this low, the % rate doesn’t apply?

Thank you guys!!!! What a long haul!! Last year was basically a hold due to non benzo related issues. I think I will try the same rate I’m doing now at .01% daily. The daily % over my typical rate scares me, though. I don’t see any way around it.  The memories of pushing it early in taper with horrendous symptoms has given me ptsd!! As a result,I have tapered with a constant eye on these %. Do you think when you get this low, the % rate doesn’t apply?

Yes, Correct.. There gets a point where the % has to climb a bit or one would never get off.. A maths thing.. (the last cut will be 100% of its previous one)

Well done on getting here, and best wishes..

Lots of discussion recently and always on this question. I asked it a month ago too. No real consensus that I could determine. Seems that % matters until it doesn’t. I know that’s not useful. But follow the usual advice- listen to your body. Keep going and if things get really bad, consider slowing down. I’ve gone the same daily rate for a yr now w/o holding a single day. That means % has gone up ... but I’m feeling better and better. So- different (strong) theories on here- definitely no consensus- the best advice is to go with your intuition and body. Not based on fear or what ifs.

Lots of discussion recently and always on this question. I asked it a month ago too. No real consensus that I could determine. Seems that % matters until it doesn’t. I know that’s not useful. But follow the usual advice- listen to your body. Keep going and if things get really bad, consider slowing down. I’ve gone the same daily rate for a yr now w/o holding a single day. That means % has gone up ... but I’m feeling better and better. So- different (strong) theories on here- definitely no consensus- the best advice is to go with your intuition and body. Not based on fear or what ifs.

I think thats the best advice.. listen to ones body..

As to %... Has anyone worked out what happens if one doesnt increase it..?? :)

I have just cut from 1.1 valium to 1mg last night as I seemed to tolerate a 10% cut the time before. Guess I will have to play it by ear as usual and hope I can maintain the larger cuts. Only a few months ago, 7% knocked me for six. The ridiculous sadness/anxiety was handled by MJ last week, as in, it knocked me out for 6 hours. If that's what it takes for the next few cuts, so be it

Hi everyone,

Can anyone explain how to dry cut .25mg at least somewhat evenly? Up until now I've been cutting .5mg which is pretty straight forward. Gosh the pills just crumble when you cut 2mg into 1/8ths  ::) Perhaps I should do a liquid taper from here ???, but don't want to upset the proverbial apple cart.

Noticed some people are still on V at .19 etc. Would/could there be any therapeutic effect at that low a dose?

Appreciate your advice  :smitten:

Harmonee

Hi everyone,

Can anyone explain how to dry cut .25mg at least somewhat evenly? Up until now I've been cutting .5mg which is pretty straight forward. Gosh the pills just crumble when you cut 2mg into 1/8ths  ::) Perhaps I should do a liquid taper from here ???, but don't want to upset the proverbial apple cart.

Noticed some people are still on V at .19 etc. Would/could there be any therapeutic effect at that low a dose?

Harmonee

Many may say there is not a therapeutic affect, but I am not going to try to find out...but like you this has worked well for me and I ain't changing it now. I do know from my past two failed tapers...I was slammed at that dose, now I am doing really well...because of my turtle taper.  :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Harmonee

Many may say there is not a therapeutic affect, but I am not going to try to find out...but like you this has worked well for me and I ain't changing it now. I do know from my past two failed tapers...I was slammed at that dose, now I am doing really well...because of my turtle taper.  :smitten:

Got it BG, I was only curious, sorry.

I just really wanted to know if anyone can please explain how to dry cut .25mg at least somewhat evenly?

Would appreciate any advice  :)

Harmonee

Hi everyone,

Harmonee

I just really wanted to know if anyone can please explain how to dry cut .25mg at least somewhat evenly?

Harmonee

I'm sorry, I meant to respond to your question...got side tracked. I was thinking if you do not want to do liq, or weigh pills...since pill is brittle...could you grind it down with a kitchen mortar and pestle...divide the powder in 1/8ths...place in clear capsules and take or just take powder, just a thought. :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Harmonee

Harmonee

I'm sorry, I meant to respond to your question...got side tracked. I was thinking if you do not want to do liq, or weigh pills...since pill is brittle...could you grind it down with a kitchen mortar and pestle...divide the powder in 1/8ths...place in clear capsules and take or just take powder, just a thought. :smitten:

Thanks BG  :) I hadn't thought about crushing and dividing. That's a really good idea!! I've been very tempted to suspend the valium in vodka and adding water and using an oral syringe.

Can I ask what dose you were on when you hit a wall? Sorry I don't want to be nosy, but I can't help feel I've been almost too lucky and don't want to crash now  :-\

Thanks again BG  :smitten: Harmonee

Hi everyone,

Harmonee

Harmonee

Thanks BG  :) I hadn't thought about crushing and dividing. That's a really good idea!! I've been very tempted to suspend the valium in vodka and adding water and using an oral syringe.

Can I ask what dose you were on when you hit a wall? Sorry I don't want to be nosy, but I can't help feel I've been almost too lucky and don't want to crash now  :-\

Thanks again BG  :smitten: Harmonee

No worries, I hit the wall over and over during my first two tapers...they were horrific, pretty much was sick the whole time going down. This taper has been wonderful compared to the other two, just blips of sx's like night and day. I think you should be OK, just do what you have been doing, if it is working then you are doing it right for you. Our Brain wants stability...after all it has been in a twillight sleep from the benzo's it can repair itself, if given time.

Still boggles my mind that we can be at these low doses and still feel so sick. I’m so tired of being sick all the time. No one else understands except for fellow taperers and survivors. I have a cold too and on top of w/d, it feels like I’m dying. Just feeling defeated and wondering if my healing days will come. I know all this negativity is benzo lies but needs to vent it out. Not trying to be scary. It will pass. Just so ready for it to be in the past, Kwim. Stay strong warriors and words of inspiration welcome!

Down to 1 mg and feel ok not great . I have more stiff muscles in my neck causing headaches, nerve pain.

Some days are better than others.  Thinking I can jump at .5 but I'll see when I get there.

down to 1  also and physically good but emotionally horrible.Have had a bad six months with family so may have to use an antidepressant. I am using a pill cutter too so from now on cuts will be not really accurate but I tried all other methods and they set me off. Hoping to jump at 0.5

down to 1  also and physically good but emotionally horrible.Have had a bad six months with family so may have to use an antidepressant. I am using a pill cutter too so from now on cuts will be not really accurate but I tried all other methods and they set me off. Hoping to jump at 0.5

Hi Chenka, so far I've been cutting the 2mg pills as evenly as possible then placing each 'piece' in order in my pill organizer. That way, if the cut isn't precise I will make up for it the next day.  Now I'm cutting eighths and it really is a challenge but decided to just take the bull by the horns and continue using the same method.  Only intend to be on .75 for about a week before cutting out the .25mg 'crumbs'.

Glad your'e physically well and hope you get a handle on the depression, it really sucks  ???

Harmonee