3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I've tapered from xanax to ativan to valium since October 2022. I'm now down to .5 mg of valium from 2 mg and I'm really struggling. My w/d symptoms are just as bad as when I started. Is this normal? I've been on and off of benzos for years.

Hi there,

wanted to reply to your post.

It sounds like you've tapered at break neck speed -- which will often lead to pretty bad sis, at least in my case.  I know I had to hold for some time to get to a baseline that I could taper from again.  If you can tolerate the sxs while you hold things may improve with some healing that will occur.

Being on and off could really add to the w/d pain as well due to the idea of kindling -- I have that as well.

And I've been at this forever as I tapered a might quickly in the beginning....  But I'm here and healing and continuing to taper. :thumbsup:

I've reached 1 mg of diazepam today, after more than 15 months of dry micro-tapering tapering from 40 mgs. I have some burning around my mouth and jaw, agoraphobia, lots of trouble with throat tightness and trouble speaking, GI issues and plenty of anxiety, but I'm thrilled to be just 3-4 weeks away from jumping.

I'm lucky to have an hour or two on most days when I'm not staring at the clock and am optimistic this is a sign of healing.

I hope everyone is finding some relief, no matter how close you are to being off this stuff! More to come...

Woohoo Vintage!  That's wonderful! I'm 10 days since I jumped now, and am feeling better and better with each passing day!

Woohoo Vintage!  That's wonderful! I'm 10 days since I jumped now, and am feeling better and better with each passing day!

Congrats to you, PaulaDee! You should be very proud. This is insanely difficult.

So glad to hear you're feeling better every day. I'm at about 0.90 mgs today and actually had a decent day where I was able to do a short walk outside and get some much needed chores done around the house. I actually felt "normal" for a couple of hours and this really made me happy.  :)

Best of luck on what I know will be a great recovery for you!

Congrats to those who have just finished!  Amazing!

I am officially here now!  At 3mg!  I remember when I saw this group and thought I would never get here and wondered how people got here!  I am so happy to be here, but so ready to be done with this evil drug.  Still tapering along slow & steady- but so ready to be done with the suffering and ready to be free & healing!

Hug to you all!

I am at 0.2mg as of today!

I plan to jump at 0.1 mg, when did you guys jump or are thinking about jumping?

S/SX= TERRRRRRRRIBLE GI issues- diarrhea/ urgency/ cramping/ RUQ rib pain.... dizziness comes and goes

[08...]

If I was at 0.2 mg of Valium, I’d be jumping! But I’m still at 1.85 mg, so nowhere near this!

I think going as far as you can is awesome. Good luck!

Hi BenzoBuddies under 3 mg V.  Tonight I join the group.  Im dropping to 3 mg and I may be rushing it a bit but I really want to be here with you all.  My sxs have been mild except for T and insomnia but Im hopeful and hanging in there.

Peace all,

Alycat

Welcome cooper5, Hilly301 Alycat, and WinnieDog. Welcome and congrats! The last 3 mgs may seem like a lot, but time passes quickly.

PaulaDee, so great to hear you're seeing improvements! I'm hoping the same happens when I jump this week.

I am at 0.2mg as of today!

I plan to jump at 0.1 mg, when did you guys jump or are thinking about jumping?

S/SX= TERRRRRRRRIBLE GI issues- diarrhea/ urgency/ cramping/ RUQ rib pain.... dizziness comes and goes

Awesome! Congrats!

I'm at 0.24 mgs as of today. I'm dry micro-tapering 0.04762 mgs of V per day and will take my last tiny dose this Thursday morning, June 29th. Still having lots of symptoms (lots of stress in my life), but am extremely optimistic.

Hi BenzoBuddies under 3 mg V.  Tonight I join the group.  Im dropping to 3 mg and I may be rushing it a bit but I really want to be here with you all.  My sxs have been mild except for T and insomnia but Im hopeful and hanging in there.

Peace all,

Alycat

:thumbsup:

Woohoo Vintage, so great to hear that you are almost there!  I'm doing ok enough, have had lots of anxiety waves since my jump, but functioning well enough.  I'm even getting my appetite back!  We'll all be fine...soon enough!

Good morning Under 3's!

Ive had two nights of 3.0 mg V and Ive slept a bit better.  No new sxs but still aware of T. 

Hope everyone has a good week.

Alycat

Hilly301, Alycat, and WinnieDog, PaulaDee, Vintage G- Congrats to you all amazing Warriors!  I am so happy to be here!

Hey Cooper and all!

Im right at 3.0 mg V with you.  Are you doing ok?  No wds?  Ive got tinnitus and some insomnia but that's about it so far.  What's your next cut?  Are cut cutting a bit each day or so or weekly or monthly at this point?

Well done,

Alycat

I`ve been using liquid diazepam and I`m under 1mg now,  I could jump in about 4 days but I`m going all the way down to zero. This is by dropping 2ml every day.

Symptoms --- I feel like I could be in acute. Can that happen when we get this low?  It`s as if the 1mg isn`t actually doing anything now.

Muscle pain

Benzo belly

Doom and gloom thoughts.

Some tinnitus ( mild)

Sore feet.

Sore eyes with floaters.

Having a tough time during the day but it all eases up a bit in the evenings and even better during the night. 

Sounds like cortisol surges ??

Keep going everyone

Yes, alycat, miy tinnitus increased like crazy under 3mgs, and my anxiety under 1mg.  I still have lots of anxiety waves, one month off.

yes indeed.  All throughout my taper tinnitus was intermittent and varying in intensity. Since I jumped 60 days ago, it has been 24/7 most of the time.

There's noting to cure it but hopefully time will.  It super irritating at times.  I'm powerless over it, I just have to accept it over and over.

Hope yours eases up.

Paula and Widesky I feel for you both and all of us tapering this awful poison!  I could sail through if not for debilitating tinnitus.  Today was a bad bad day but I have hope for us - Ive read every post in the Tenacious tinnitus thread and I believe most everyone recovers mostly.  Id be happy if it just backed off and was a whisper....  we will see.  Im going to hold a week at 3 mg V and see if it abates a bit.  I think I know my triggers as well.

Peace to all,

Alycat

The last 3 mgs of my taper are now history. As of this morning, I am officially benzo-free. I took my very last minuscule dose of Valium after a taper of almost 500 days from 40 mgs of V.

Excited about the future and looking forward to healing. Keep moving forward!

The last 3 mgs of my taper are now history. As of this morning, I am officially benzo-free. I took my very last minuscule dose of Valium after a taper of almost 500 days from 40 mgs of V.

Way to go on your hard earned freedom!!  I hope you have fair winds and a following sea for the rest of your journey.  We can all hope for that eh?

Alycat

Hey Cooper and all!

Im right at 3.0 mg V with you.  Are you doing ok?  No wds?  Ive got tinnitus and some insomnia but that's about it so far.  What's your next cut?  Are cut cutting a bit each day or so or weekly or monthly at this point?

Well done,

Alycat

Hi Alycat,

We are at the same place!  I am doing OK, but this has been my hardest cut so far.  Windows and Waves all day long- GI issues are my biggest w/d sx (but I had GI issues before benzos).  I am sleeping right now, so thankful for that. I have always been a sleeper though and never struggled in that area. 

I was doing cut and hold.  I cut from 3.2 to 3mg.  I am currently holding to give my CNS and GI system time to catch up from the last cut.

From here on, I am going back to micro taper as I have liquid- the cut & hold is to difficult for me at these lower doses, my body told me that the hard way!  I am going to microtaper to the end, daily then holding to let me body catch up.

What about you, Congratulations for being at 3mg!!!!!!

Hugs!!!

Wow! Congratulations!  Amazing!  I can't wait to read your success story!!!