Important Survey - Please Participate ×

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Hi Buddies....

I don't post on here very often but I do follow.  So sorry that so many are still suffering with awful sxs.  Sure wish there was a "magic bullet" to make us all feel better and get back to being who we used to be.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced loss of appetite. plus some acid reflux which I have never had in my life....my appetite was always good and for that I was so grateful that at least my system was getting the nutrients it needed as I ate very well....avoiding most of the no-no things.  But in the last week or so, I have completely lost my appetite and feel nauseous just thinking about food. (this also creates more anxiety)  This has me very concerned.  I try to eat because I can't afford to lose any more weight as I have not gained back the weight I lost while taking the drugs....but everytime I try to eat, I start to feel nauseous.  Besides the appetite loss, I still struggle every day with the horrendous anxiety, fear, overwhelmness, terror, rapid breathing, tremors and feel like all of this stress has totally taken over my mind and body.....just continued torment.....I also have physical sxs but the mental ones and now the loss of appetite are the worst and are there 24/7 and I am also struggling with loss of sleep.  Can one still suffer this much and get these new sxs after being off these drugs for so long?  Have had no windows.....occasionally maybe 1/2 hr or so of less severe sxs but that is all..and that is not very often..never 100% windows.  Have totally lost the person I used to be and fear of not getting her back.  Feel like I am getting waves in a wave....and no let up.

Can anyone relate to losing their appetite and perhaps to having this kind of sxs so late in wd.  Distractions are not working much these days. Please no horror stories.....everything is a trigger these days.

Sorry for the negative post, but could sure use some reassurance that others have been thru this and have survived....

Tired, weak and exhausted........hugs to all.

Sad to say but I feel the same way and have for a long time.  Always have to force myself to eat and have trouble sleeping and feel overwhelmed by everything.  Not sure how to help but at least you're not alone.

Your description of being tired, weak and exhausted describes me too except I feel wired at the same time. :crazy:

Have you been under more stress lately?  This time of year is always more stressful and overwhelming for many people.

Sending my love and best wishes from one cracked pot to another. :therethere:

Hi Buddies....

I don't post on here very often but I do follow.  So sorry that so many are still suffering with awful sxs.  Sure wish there was a "magic bullet" to make us all feel better and get back to being who we used to be.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced loss of appetite. plus some acid reflux which I have never had in my life....my appetite was always good and for that I was so grateful that at least my system was getting the nutrients it needed as I ate very well....avoiding most of the no-no things.  But in the last week or so, I have completely lost my appetite and feel nauseous just thinking about food. (this also creates more anxiety)  This has me very concerned.  I try to eat because I can't afford to lose any more weight as I have not gained back the weight I lost while taking the drugs....but everytime I try to eat, I start to feel nauseous.  Besides the appetite loss, I still struggle every day with the horrendous anxiety, fear, overwhelmness, terror, rapid breathing, tremors and feel like all of this stress has totally taken over my mind and body.....just continued torment.....I also have physical sxs but the mental ones and now the loss of appetite are the worst and are there 24/7 and I am also struggling with loss of sleep.  Can one still suffer this much and get these new sxs after being off these drugs for so long?  Have had no windows.....occasionally maybe 1/2 hr or so of less severe sxs but that is all..and that is not very often..never 100% windows.  Have totally lost the person I used to be and fear of not getting her back.  Feel like I am getting waves in a wave....and no let up.

Can anyone relate to losing their appetite and perhaps to having this kind of sxs so late in wd.  Distractions are not working much these days. Please no horror stories.....everything is a trigger these days.

Sorry for the negative post, but could sure use some reassurance that others have been thru this and have survived....

Tired, weak and exhausted........hugs to all.

Hi Bcalm, may just be a minor wave this far out. Or maybe even your body fighting off a cold or something. It is the season and I find I have some slight recurring symptoms when my body is fighting off a cold. I'm sure it will pass soon.  :)

I've had a few minor sleeping issues the last week, but I'm not too worried that it will sort itself out again.

Thanks Flicka...

Sorry that you are going thru some tough times.....this journey seems to be longer than anyone every thought it could be.  I am totally overwhelmed by everything....it all used to be so easy and now it is a nightmare.

Eating a meal was easy to do thru this whole wd but now it is not and I really am concerned about the weight loss....but don't think there is anything we can do for it but wait till it goes away.

I, too am wired.....so hard to get thru a day.

Sending love and best wishes back to you.......at least I am not alone.....hugs

Vica

My burning mouth isn't everyday and it started about six months after I jumped off of benzo....but my worst issues are my mouth and teeth which I'm sure it's like your head pains...my upper left teeth squeeze ...they feel huge the teeth and tight my jaw is also tight....it's so hard to describe but it's just aweful my mouth....I feel my mouth calms down during the night some and when I wake it's manageable but when in an hour or two the pains all restart...

Marj...when you get mouth numbness does your face muscles feel weak with the numbness feeling?

And how is your arm ...mine hurts so bad if I twist it or stretch just certain ways....I'm getting concerned about this....it's not at all a normal feeling it's painful....

TM

Thanks Siggy.....

Not sure what this is....have been in a wave for so long.....so hard to deal with something new.  Hoping it will go away soon as I need to keep eating and it is so difficult when one feels nauseous just thinking about food.

Hanging on ....that is all we can do.  Glad to hear that you are doing better....the sleep will correct itself in time.....I, too, am waiting for that to happen.  Need to have sleep and food and seem to be missing out on both.  When does the nightmare end???????

Bcalm.....I'm sorry your having stomach issues.....I have issues with acid reflux....and nothing seems to help when it's real bad......anxiety I feel feeds off of our pain it's just a cycle of pain...

Hugs

TM

Thanks Texas mama.....

Have never had acid relux so this is very new......came on suddenly and hope it leaves suddenly.  I agree, nothing seems to work....and it  makes me feel so nauseous......such an awful feeling....along with all the other sxs.....I feel beaten.

The suffering goes on way too long.....wish there was an end date....would make things a lot better.

Hope we both get some breaks real soon......hugs

Bcalm,

I got geographic tongue at 27 months out and it has not left yet.  It’s been 10 months now.  Sometimes latecomer symptoms can hang around for a long time, like this has done with me, but most of the latecomers I’ve gotten DO NOT stay this long.  Most of the latecomers only last few weeks.

I know it’s hard when something new comes along.  You get scared, like new symptoms are just going to keep piling on.  That won’t happen to you.  Like Siggy said, your body could be fighting a virus.  It could be that your body is repairing your gut right now and, when my body is in repair-mode on something, I get symptoms.  If you were eating well before, you will again very soon.

Sofa

Thanks Sofa....

I do hope that your latecomer only lasts a short while........really don't know if I could cope with this nausea, acid reflux and tummy issues for a long time...the loss of appetite is concerning.

I thought I was done with getting new things and just had these old ones to deal with.....but I guess not.  The old ones just never give up with me 24/7.....can't get rid of them...Maybe this is a virus and it will go away real soon just as quickly as it came.

Hoping that things resolve real soon for all of us....getting tired of just existing....want to live my life and enjoy it.  Perhaps soon we will all get a break....so needing one.............hugs

Hi Becalm my old friend. I think symptoms shifting is a good sign even if it freaks you out. If our CNS wasnt healing out symptoms wouldnt change and everything would stay the same indefinatly. I agree with Sofa in that maybe some stomach healing is taking place. There are alot of gaba pathways down there.

Much love Becalm. Hope you feel better soon x

So sorry bcalm, it's weird as I noticed some acid reflux earlier today, before I read this. I don't have much appetite during the day, yet I do evening time. I've not reallly had GI issues apart from huge belly and not from over eating. I know what you mean about being in a wave for so long, it's been one long one.

I echo what you say about getting sick of just existing. We all do so desperately need one, it's miserable. This time of year I would be getting all extra busy and feeling Christmas. I so want to, but just can't.

Keep posting  :smitten:

TM, yes to all of that, my face is tense, tight and numb in places, it changes, comes and goes. My arm isn't as bad today, but if something slacks off, then something else is stronger. I'm terrified tbh and have no idea how I made it to work, I'm exhausted, it feels like my brain has been lashed!

Bcalm, I just reread what you wrote and relate so much. I'm so sorry, it's insane. Hanging on with you. It does help when someone writes how you feel, I think anyway. Hugs

Thanks Lockie.....

I am hoping that it means some profound healing is going on ....still have sxs that have been with me since day 1, and am hoping that soon those will be gone but it is hard when you get hit with something new this far out and it makes you wonder what else is going on...

Was nice to hear from you Lockie....hope all is going well for you.

Will keep hanging on and somehow move forward......we have no other choice......much love and hugs back to you....

Thanks marj.....

It is so hard to know if all of these things are benzo wd or if we have some other issues going on....every inch of our body inside and out can be affected in so many bizarre ways that it makes you question everything. 

So sorry you are struggling too....this road to wellness is just too long and too painful.....no one should have to suffer like this because of a prescription drug.....so sad.

Will keep hanging on with you.......hugs

Really struggling with burning squeezing head and scalp. 18.5 months no window. Really think I have some brain damage. ☹️ I see people with this afoul symptoms and they suffering 3-4-5 years out. I know I won't last that long. It is just to much pain.

Love and healing to you all

Vica

Vica, you will last, I have. I say it every day. You may not have to, this could turn at any time. I know its hard but try to think of your journey as you own. I really struggle with this too, you automatically think you will become someone else's horror. i've just become my own, but somehow we make it through. I really know you feel I've not had windows either, just a lessening of severity some evenings. Right now I'm losing the will, but I've felt this way before and survived. Just take each day. I really know how hard it is for some of us. Just reach out, someone will always be there. It really is survival for so many. Others are luckier (not lucky obviously as it's horrid for all). There really are differing levels of this I've been told and it's also evident. It's very hard when you get no windows. You're not unusual or alone. Keep telling yourself that. Hugs

:smitten:

Thank you marj, your encouraging words :smitten: trying very hard to survive this hell. I'm not sure I will.  :'(

Love and healing to you

Vica

YEs TM I lost my appetite pretty immediately after ct. It feels only 20% of what I think it should be now. I had to force myself to eat all these months. I had a combination of gagging while I would try to swallow early on and being really bothered by the texture of food. It's been really hard. My sense of thirst is gone in this wave that I'm in now. Terrible stuff these symptoms.

Hi buddies

Welcome to any of you who`ve just joined us here, sorry you`re still in this crap too!

I`m still getting hit with low back pain, neck pain and anywhere in between and it`s always on my left side and it moves!!

Are any of you getting *travelling* pain like this?

Anyway,  I downloaded a book called `The Accidental Addict`..it was free and please don't ask me where and how I found it, as it must`ve been a less brain fogged day because I`ve looked since ( for a friend) and I cant find it again!

The book was written by two Australian ladies and the bit I especially liked were the stories of others in this mess....albeit a while ago!

What I noticed...what my benzo brain picked up, was in a few of the stories, people who were two and half years out were writing that they felt on a level of 6 out of 10 with improvement!!! 

On a better day I can identify with that....a bad day not so much. 

Just thought I`d share with you all here though, as perhaps we`re not much different to those who went through this before us!

NCT,

I downloaded a book called The Accidental Addict written by Finallyjoining63 on this forum.  Apparently a different book.  Can you give the authors of the book you found?

Sofa

Sofa.

This other one is called The Accidental Addict....Sleeping Pills and Tranquillisers That Make You Sick.

Authors ...Di Porritt & D Russell

published by Pan

Hope you manage to find it online,  it was a free download.

Marj.....I've been thinking to much maybe but I was wondering if Ian has ever said those who do a super fast taper like myself or those who did a cold turkey have more chances of permanant brain damage ....really wondering why after almost four years not much better....is this still withdrawal or something worse....idk

Hugs

TM

Hi buddies

Welcome to any of you who`ve just joined us here, sorry you`re still in this crap too!

I`m still getting hit with low back pain, neck pain and anywhere in between and it`s always on my left side and it moves!!

Are any of you getting *travelling* pain like this?

Anyway,  I downloaded a book called `The Accidental Addict`..it was free and please don't ask me where and how I found it, as it must`ve been a less brain fogged day because I`ve looked since ( for a friend) and I cant find it again!

The book was written by two Australian ladies and the bit I especially liked were the stories of others in this mess....albeit a while ago!

What I noticed...what my benzo brain picked up, was in a few of the stories, people who were two and half years out were writing that they felt on a level of 6 out of 10 with improvement!!! 

On a better day I can identify with that....a bad day not so much. 

Just thought I`d share with you all here though, as perhaps we`re not much different to those who went through this before us!

yes i have all kinds of pain:

Right hand, left ribs near armpit, lower back moves to either side, right heel, right hip.

Last couple of days I’ve got a vibrating sensation going up the back of my head just behind my right ear? Anyone else had this? Trying to keep calm and treat it like just another symptom but it’s starting to freak me out 🤨