Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Today is my halfway point!! I'm down for to .25 mg of klonopin. For Thansgiving I am grateful for all of you!!

You'll knock the second half out of the park!!

Happy Turkey to all :)

Jeff

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is my halfway point!! I'm down for to .25 mg of klonopin. For Thansgiving I am grateful for all of you!!

Wonderful, Peace! So happy for you!!!

Gardie :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Merry New Year to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jeff

I was just thinking of you, Jeff, and thinking I should bump this thread! You beat me to it!

Happy Holidays to you and Everyone! :smitten:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FimP1ZBsR2kQIE%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

Hi guys,

I have a question - My liquid Rx Roxie diazepam will expire in 5 weeks. I have had it for 1.5 years. How effective is this medication? has it lost any of it strength? was wondering if I should try to get a new script asap. :smitten:

Hi guys,

I have a question - My liquid Rx Roxie diazepam will expire in 5 weeks. I have had it for 1.5 years. How effective is this medication? has it lost any of it strength? was wondering if I should try to get a new script asap. :smitten:

Hi Kasey. ;D I've been using my capsules that are 6 months past expiration with no trouble. I don't know about liquids, but I think I'd be more concerned about a liquid expiring than a solid. The studies I've see that show meds lasting much longer than their expiration were done on solids, I think.

morning Gard,

As always, thank you for your input and guidance. I wish you the merriest of holidays, may this new year find us all progressing and healing more every day!  :smitten:

Hi guys,

My guess you could at least use it for at least a month or two, maybe more

Why don't you ask on the Valium thread, I bet there is someone there that knows.  Good luck, Mary

morning Gard,

As always, thank you for your input and guidance. I wish you the merriest of holidays, may this new year find us all progressing and healing more every day!  :smitten:

A wonderful holiday to you, also!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Kasey re expiration dates on liquid Valium - this is question I would ask your pharmacist.  Some medications lose potency after their expiration dates, others are fine.  When I took liquid Klonopin (made up by my pharmacist) he gave me clear instructions on how long I could keep it and when I needed to get a new RX. 

With DMT, do most ppl here still slow their rate as they get really low or do most maintain the same rate?  I’ve seen a lot of both and cant figure out if one is much more common. I’m at 1.65 V now. It is still a therapeutic dose for me although I realize it may not be for some ppl. I am lightweight so small doses still affect me a lot. Overall I’m feeling better than 6 mo ago. I haven’t held a single day in a yr. and my daily rate is extremely slow. But still w/ plenty of sxs that go up and down, some are constant. Functional though. Just wondering how to know if I will need to slow down or not. Thanks and happy holidays!

With DMT, do most ppl here still slow their rate as they get really low or do most maintain the same rate?  I’ve seen a lot of both and cant figure out if one is much more common. I’m at 1.65 V now. It is still a therapeutic dose for me although I realize it may not be for some ppl. I am lightweight so small doses still affect me a lot. Overall I’m feeling better than 6 mo ago. I haven’t held a single day in a yr. and my daily rate is extremely slow. But still w/ plenty of sxs that go up and down, some are constant. Functional though. Just wondering how to know if I will need to slow down or not. Thanks and happy holidays!

Hi Libr! I was going along at the same rate and decided to hold at 5mg. It felt like the cuts were catching up with me, and I didn't feel like I could go though the holidays so symptomatic. But if you're feeling OK, maybe you don't need to slow down. I've seen it both ways, too, by the way. I think you should just go with how you, feel. You know you best.

Happy holidays to you and yours!

Keep the percentage reduction the same, which means reducing the absolute quantity less.

Reduce 10 mg by 10% over 10 days means you'll be at 9 mg after 10 days, reducing your dose by 1 mg.

Reduce 5 mg by 10% over 10 days means you'll be at 4.5 mg after 10 days, reducing your dose by 0.5 mg.

Reduce 1 mg by 10% over 10 days means you'll be at 0.9 mg after 10 days, reducing your dose by 0.1 mg.

Libr

I am about the same equivalent as you tapering off K. I’ve been wrestling with the same question.  I’ve decided to keep my dose equivalent and let the percentage go up from here.  If I can’t handle it, I’ll hold or adjust as needed.  Currently I am .083 K tapering .0006/day.  My plan is to go all the way down to 0 and walk off. 

Let me know what you decide. And let’s keep in touch through the finish.

Keep the percentage reduction the same, which means reducing the absolute quantity less.

Reduce 10 mg by 10% over 10 days means you'll be at 9 mg after 10 days, reducing your dose by 1 mg.

Reduce 5 mg by 10% over 10 days means you'll be at 4.5 mg after 10 days, reducing your dose by 0.5 mg.

Reduce 1 mg by 10% over 10 days means you'll be at 0.9 mg after 10 days, reducing your dose by 0.1 mg.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Libr

I am about the same equivalent as you tapering off K. I’ve been wrestling with the same question.  I’ve decided to keep my dose equivalent and let the percentage go up from here.  If I can’t handle it, I’ll hold or adjust as needed.  Currently I am .083 K tapering .0006/day.  My plan is to go all the way down to 0 and walk off. 

Let me know what you decide. And let’s keep in touch through the finish.

Wow- circlestar- we are at the exact same dose right now. Yes, I’m also cutting the same Amt each day and will see how it goes. Esp since my % cut has drifted up over the past yr, yet I feel better and better and can handle a lot more stimulation than just a few mo ago. I’m cutting 0.02 mg Librium per day which equals .0004 mg K/day. So you’re going a little faster than me. But yes, let’s definitely keep in touch thru the end of this taper!  How are you feeling overall? Feel free to PM.

Gard- I hope your sxs improve over the holiday hold!

I just posted on the general board, but it's a micro taper question, so maybe I should be posting here?

It was about how I dry cut my pill.  I have been scraping one of my pills of .25 Xanax with my fingernail, the front and back of it, at a rate of .001 or .002 a day.  I now realize that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, because now that I am almost at half of it's weight, and it looks like a thin wafer....that I probably can't just start taking a pill and cutting it in half because I'm probably not at "half" since the outside of the pill probably was mostly filler that I was scraping off. So I'm going to have to continue to scrape this way for another year, because I want to stop with that dose (it's my nightly pill), and start tapering on my other doses.

Does anyone have any insight onto dry cutting?  It was a move made in fear, I was just planning on scraping a little off to see if I spontaneously combusted, which I completely expected.....but then I just kept going! I was pretty proud of myself until I realized I'm probably not really down to half of that pill (10% of my total weight of all three .25 pills) because it's probably just filler? 

I just posted on the general board, but it's a micro taper question, so maybe I should be posting here?

It was about how I dry cut my pill.  I have been scraping one of my pills of .25 Xanax with my fingernail, the front and back of it, at a rate of .001 or .002 a day.  I now realize that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, because now that I am almost at half of it's weight, and it looks like a thin wafer....that I probably can't just start taking a pill and cutting it in half because I'm probably not at "half" since the outside of the pill probably was mostly filler that I was scraping off. So I'm going to have to continue to scrape this way for another year, because I want to stop with that dose (it's my nightly pill), and start tapering on my other doses.

Does anyone have any insight onto dry cutting?  It was a move made in fear, I was just planning on scraping a little off to see if I spontaneously combusted, which I completely expected.....but then I just kept going! I was pretty proud of myself until I realized I'm probably not really down to half of that pill (10% of my total weight of all three .25 pills) because it's probably just filler?

to avoid the concerns about filler and because I didn’t want to use a liquid taper I use the method I described in this link:

https://benzodrytapermath.com/

This got me to zero Klonopin with tolerable symptoms.

I suppose it would work for Xanax but that’s your call