Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I just posted on the general board, but it's a micro taper question, so maybe I should be posting here?

It was about how I dry cut my pill.  I have been scraping one of my pills of .25 Xanax with my fingernail, the front and back of it, at a rate of .001 or .002 a day.  I now realize that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, because now that I am almost at half of it's weight, and it looks like a thin wafer....that I probably can't just start taking a pill and cutting it in half because I'm probably not at "half" since the outside of the pill probably was mostly filler that I was scraping off. So I'm going to have to continue to scrape this way for another year, because I want to stop with that dose (it's my nightly pill), and start tapering on my other doses.

Does anyone have any insight onto dry cutting?  It was a move made in fear, I was just planning on scraping a little off to see if I spontaneously combusted, which I completely expected.....but then I just kept going! I was pretty proud of myself until I realized I'm probably not really down to half of that pill (10% of my total weight of all three .25 pills) because it's probably just filler?

Hi Healthy,

One option is to get a scale.  (I use a Gemini 20 from Amazon)

Although there is some question as to their accuracy, they are more accurate than scraping with a fingernail I think.

They weigh to .001mg. 

Just as an idea I use part pill part liquid for my dosing as I need to taper at such a slow rate -- slower than the scale will measure.  It is a way to get things more accurate and doable.

Congratulations on how for you have come down!

:thumbsup:

SS

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wanting to resume the last bit of my taper. After years of cutting then tapering then DLMT, I have reached a point that I am not sure how to precede with the tiny bit left to chip away. I am currently at .20ml of V.  Have not reduced in weeks. I seem to have hit a plateau and can not tolerate the V. or reductions.

My question is one that is asked or pondered often by many - at what point does one just stop or jump? Or How much do I taper daily to maintain a slow smoother taper to 0.

What and how are you guys planning to finish your taper?

:smitten:

I am wanting to resume the last bit of my taper. After years of cutting then tapering then DLMT, I have reached a point that I am not sure how to precede with the tiny bit left to chip away. I am currently at .20ml of V.  Have not reduced in weeks. I seem to have hit a plateau and can not tolerate the V. or reductions.

My question is one that is asked or pondered often by many - at what point does one just stop or jump? Or How much do I taper daily to maintain a slow smoother taper to 0.

I'm sorry to hear things have gotten so hard for you. I'm pretty sure there are people who would jump at .2mg. I believe Ashton ends at 1mg. If nothing is helping you this point and you're very symptomatic, maybe you should just drop to .1mg, wait a week, and then jump. I think I will jump at .1mg, maybe before that.

Gardie :smitten:

Is 0.20 mL of V the same as 0.20 mg?

How many milligrams (mg) are in each mL of your valium?

Bob, Look at her signature. I think it's one to one. If I'm wrong, them my answer to her is wrong and I should  :-X.

Bob, Look at her signature. I think it's one to one. If I'm wrong, them my answer to her is wrong and I should  :-X.

Hi Gard,

Yes you are right I see it in the signature.

So I agree with you, she is very close to being able to jump.

If she doesn’t want to jump quite yet, I compute 0.2 mg of V is 0.01 mg of Klonopin.  When I was at that dose, I was still doing 0.001 mg reductions per day reduction  so I had 10 more days of reductions to get before I jumped.

Hi Gard,

If she doesn’t want to jump quite yet, I compute 0.2 mg of V is 0.01 mg of Klonopin.  When I was at that dose, I was still doing 0.001 mg reductions per day reduction  so I had 10 more days of reductions to get before I jumped.

I see. So she would do what size reduction per day to follow what you did and get off in 10 days? (My math is still hopeless even though I'm so low!)

Hi Gard,

I see. So she would do what size reduction per day to follow what you did and get off in 10 days? (My math is still hopeless even though I'm so low!)

She could reduce 0.02 mL per day to be done in 10 days. There’s a number of interesting ways she could get that reduction. I would probably just dilute 0.2 mL dose with water and each day remove one part of the solution and drink the rest, and the next day remove two parts of the solution and drink the rest, and so on.

Hi Gard,

She could reduce 0.02 mL per day to be done in 10 days. There’s a number of interesting ways she could get that reduction. I would probably just dilute 0.2 mL dose with water and each day remove one part of the solution and drink the rest, and the next day remove two parts of the solution and drink the rest, and so on.

Sounds very doable! She's really almost done. Yay, kasey!

Wonderful guidance and I will take this into great consideration and tread slowly. One day at a time thing for sure. Thank you guys for jumping in and taking my hand in the last part of this long taper. Can ya believe that I have been at this for 7 years. But in the end, we are all winning this race! We will succeed and taste that sweet victory.

Happy New year dear ones!  :smitten:

Hi all,

Has anyone kept going on daily micro tapering despite having flare ups in symptoms?  I’ve been symptomatic throughout this whole ordeal, since CT.  Seems I have waves of extreme symptoms regardless of if I hold or keep micro tapering.  Llooking for feedback from others.  Valium is very depressing for me, dangerously so.... So I’m hoping others have been ok if they just keep going at a slow pace/rate.  Feel stuck and in need of hope.  Thank you in advance, hope all of you are doing well and healing is evident.  ❤️

Moodle,

Is this pharmacy out of town and send it through the mail?  I cannot take Alcohol to dissolve.  My doctor won't know a thing about how to do this.  Any advice?

Unicorn74,

This is a YOUTUBE of a Liquid Taper that I am doing.  It's 1/2 mg every MONTH.  I bought the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to set up the numbers of what I'm dissolving and what tablets I'm taking.  So I'll start with 5 mg to dissolve for 10 months if I don't have to HOLD, and take 5mg tablets.  Then when I'm done in 10 months, I'll start the other 5 mg. on the liquid.  It's supposed to be a smoother taper with less sxs.  Hope this helps.

Thank you, Hopeforrecovery - I hope everything is smooth sailing for you.  I’ve been microtapering since May or June, except for during my crossover, and no matter what I do I have symptoms.  It’s most likely due to the fact I was taken off Klonopin cold turkey and stayed off for five weeks, in acute withdrawal mayhem.  My brain/body have not full recovered from that, but I did reinstate in hopes of stability.  I’m just wondering if anyone notices waves and increased symptoms at times, yet do not hold and still push through.  If I let sxs govern my taper, I’ll never be off this drug.  But I do realize a sensible pace is necessary.  I’m doing about .03mg V/ day from 18mg. 

Does anyone cut through waves?  And do they come and go anyway?

Thank you, Hopeforrecovery - I hope everything is smooth sailing for you.  I’ve been microtapering since May or June, except for during my crossover, and no matter what I do I have symptoms.  It’s most likely due to the fact I was taken off Klonopin cold turkey and stayed off for five weeks, in acute withdrawal mayhem.  My brain/body have not full recovered from that, but I did reinstate in hopes of stability.  I’m just wondering if anyone notices waves and increased symptoms at times, yet do not hold and still push through.  If I let sxs govern my taper, I’ll never be off this drug.  But I do realize a sensible pace is necessary.  I’m doing about .03mg V/ day from 18mg. 

[/quote

Yes I cut, very slowly, through waves. I also used Buspar during these cuts through Waves which I think helped    Busbar is not a cure but it made the waves tolerable.

There are posts from BenzoBuddies that explain all this about the Brain and the waves and windows. Worth reading. 

I'm trying to understand your liquid taper.  What are you tapering per month?  1/2 mg?  Or do you know?  And if it's this low, you are still getting bad sxs?

When I switched to Librium it was so depressing I had to keep cutting. When I got lower and started to feel less depressed I did my hold. Maybe if you get lower the depression will lift. Let's hope so.

As far as waves and windows, yes, I keep cutting as long as I can function adequately. I do preemptively hold during the holidays. Will be starting up again tomorrow.

Hi all,

Has anyone kept going on daily micro tapering despite having flare ups in symptoms?  I’ve been symptomatic throughout this whole ordeal, since CT.  Seems I have waves of extreme symptoms regardless of if I hold or keep micro tapering.  Llooking for feedback from others.  Valium is very depressing for me, dangerously so.... So I’m hoping others have been ok if they just keep going at a slow pace/rate.  Feel stuck and in need of hope.  Thank you in advance, hope all of you are doing well and healing is evident.  ❤️

I have always been symptomatic- sometimes better, sometimes worse I have been cutting every single day for the past year w/o holding a single day. I get waves and they go away despite that I’m still cutting. I don’t dose correct or take anything else meds or supplements ever. Windows and waves were my pattern even during a couple month hold summer of 2017. So I don’t hold for symptoms. I keep going- at a very slow rate. I cut at 0.008 mg V/day equiv. I am under 1.6 V equiv right now. During waves, I step up my coping stuff to get thru and the waves pass. My waves are generally triggered by external stress or over exertion physically. During “windows”, I still have plenty of sxs but I’m generally happier. Thru both waves and windows I force myself to be functional as I have young children and a part time job_ hence my very slow rate. I’m lower in dose now and overall feel much better more often. Waves are shorter and less intense. I don’t expect to be free of all sxs til I’m completely off and then some.  Sharkey- the one who started this thread- also kept cutting thru waves. He answers to PMs and is really supportive!

Hey Guys,

Because of the Benzos, I've become super sensitive to GLYCINE.  Can't take it.  Also, Doctor has me on BP meds so I cannot take Aspirin or any pain medications with it.

So that is what I have to deal with.

Bob7,

Was it a liquid taper or dry cut?

For a liquid taper, you disolve your benzo in a little bit of alcohol and then dilute with water to make a solution. Then you drink only part of that solution in order to create a taper.  I never did it because I didn’t want to have to mess with the liquids but I hear it works well.

For a dry taper, see this website

https://benzodrytapermath.com/

This got me to zero Klonopin with tolerable symptoms.

Thank you Bob7,

I just did the liquid this morning.  I was nervous but it worked.  Since I'm dissolving 5 mg in Liquid and taking 5 mg tablets at night I'm hoping the taper off the 5mg over a period of 10 months more or less will give me a smoother taper.  I can also either HOLD if it gets bad or slow it down.  I do have a spreadsheet which helps a lot. 

I cannot tolerate Alcohol.  I've always been sensitive to alcohol...so that's out.  But I did try Macadamia nut oil and it was emulsified!  I drank it right away before it could separate.

I am making two doses of the liquid and then the tablets at night.  Hopeful that after I'm tapered off the 5mg in 10 months more or less, I can start all over with the other 5 mg to the Liquid.

I hope 1/2 mg a month is slow enough for a smooth taper.......trying to find that out in here but cannot find it out from anyone.