Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Post Benzo Freedom Withdrawal Support Group

[ve...]

Memories..that is a really good report.  Continued blessings as you move through these days without having to consider the benzo timeline.  blessings, NL

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [gi...]

• [pa...]

• [An...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. I jumped! I'm legit.  I am post Benzo as off... 3, 2, 1 NOW!  (I usually take my dose about now.)

Over the last 4 days I took: 0.14, 0.12, 0.08 and yesterday 0.05 mg.  I was stable at 0.25 mg when I started the the FINAL taper eight days ago.  I guess it is a little like jumping from 0.25 mg ... but people do it, right?  Right?  My first jump attempt was at 0.30 mg 15 days ago.  I lost a night of sleep and then stayed at 0.25 mg for a week.

Perhaps, I will lose a few nights of sleep, but I think I will let it go this time and just get this thing done.  Amazing how this little amount of Valium that wouldn't put a fly to sleep can have a hold on a person.  Or maybe not.. maybe I will be just fine.

It is a good day for the first day of the rest of my life!

How are you doing today on your first benzo free day, Memories?  Hope you are able to get some sleep and/or rest.

V

Didn't sleep well last night.  I woke up at 1 am after going to bed somewhat early and then had a hard time going back to sleep until 5:30 am and then off course the day began around 8:30 am!  I rested for 45 minutes this afternoon and now I am looking forward to cuddling into bed soon again.  I don't know that I had insomnia due to the jump... just my ordinary bad habits!  I haven't had any other bothersome symptoms.  I am glad to had the weekend to chill out and relax and not get triggered if I do start to go into withdrawal.  I am done with family court for a while and I have to watch my dollars the next two weeks but other that that, I don't have any major stress coming up. Except ordinary life stress, like getting my son to school on time.

I know the feeling about getting the kid out the door for school :pokey::oXo::D:laugh:!  How old is your son, Memories?  You've done him a very good service by getting your head and body clear of the benzo :thumbsup:.  It wasn't long after I reinstated valium that I realized it was impacting my memory and that I was becoming tolerant to it.  I lost some quality time with my boy for some months where I was tired to play with him when he wanted...  but it's all come back, even coached his sports team last Spring.  It's a blessing to be clear headed and off the poison.  By the way, I also had sleep disturbance similar to what you describe with the 1AM or 2AM wake ups and it was sometimes hard to fall back asleep.  Actually I had that sleep issue before benzos but it all improves with time.  Sleep comes back and can be more restful REM sleep than what you had with valium :sleepy:.

Enjoy your weekend,

Vertigo

My son is 5 and we are working to reestablish the relationship.. lost mostly due to me overrworking, then recovering... but he is darling and lovely and we have a great time.  I don't plan too much and we have no tv now so we have to interact much more... with strict time limits on the computer... each of us!

I had a good night sleep last night with only one brief awakening and ready for a day of nothingness! We made a couple pumpkin pies together last night and my son brought a pie to my bed with utensils and plates for breakfast of pumpkin pie in bed!  Nothing more fantastic than that!

I am going to stay pretty low key for the next couple of days.... not overstressing myself.  My next big day is Tuesday which 132 hours after my last dose... so I should be ok dokey.. perhaps that lost night of sleep was the worst of it?  It is very possible!

oh Memories, I love..love..the image of you and your son in bed eating pumpkin pie...so sweet.

Quite soon you will begin to forget the hours since cutting the umbilical attachment ...blessings, NL

My son is 5 and we are working to reestablish the relationship.. lost mostly due to me overrworking, then recovering... but he is darling and lovely and we have a great time.  I don't plan too much and we have no tv now so we have to interact much more... with strict time limits on the computer... each of us!

I had a good night sleep last night with only one brief awakening and ready for a day of nothingness! We made a couple pumpkin pies together last night and my son brought a pie to my bed with utensils and plates for breakfast of pumpkin pie in bed!  Nothing more fantastic than that!

I am going to stay pretty low key for the next couple of days.... not overstressing myself.  My next big day is Tuesday which 132 hours after my last dose... so I should be ok dokey.. perhaps that lost night of sleep was the worst of it?  It is very possible!

Such a precious time for a child and for parent.  I remember when my boy was that age, so innocent and forgiving.  Love pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins... fall is such a great season and even better to be benzo free :thumbsup:.

V

Good morning good buddies.  I had previously posted last week that I would leave forum next month on my three year "anniversary" of end of my taper from valium.  However, I realize that is just a random date and that increasingly the demands and joys of life outside forum have become a priority for me.  I wish to thank all of the buddies who have supported me and this thread over the last couple of years.  I mentioned some of them in an earlier post last week but they include Mtmimi, Angel958, Rumi, Kristin, Leena, TC, ByBYMatrix, Bevoir, Ibmom, Ginger Pangelingua, Legos and really too many to name all of you, but you know who you are. I have tried to pay it forward since last summer when I wrote my 18 month success story where I rated myself at about 90% healed.  A few months ago, I was fortunate to update that to 100%.  I wish all of you who are still having some post benzo issues to know that time does heal and you will get well again.  Sometimes the last 10-15% of healing can take a while, but don't be discouraged.  Today is my last day on forum.

Best wishes and God Bless,

Vertigo

Hello, I am new to the forum and looking for some help.  I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to be posting, so if I'm not, I'm sorry.  I am looking for help for my husband who is having symptoms years after withdrawal.  Can anyone help me?

Hi Mrs. B,

This is for sure a great place to post.  I am only (almost) 15 months benzo free, but many people who post here are further out than myself.  Can you tell us a little more about your husband's situation?  How long he has been off?  Did he taper off or come off of them cold turkey?  Hopefully some of us can shed some light on this journey for you.  It can be long for some and the progress can be painfully slow at times. 

Sending hugs,

Schatje

In 2000 my husband was prescribed 0.5 mg of ativan 3xday for a nervous breakdown.  Over the years, through repeated prescriptions, his dosage increased to 6mg a day by 2005.  From research that I have done, we now know that this was due to tolerance withdrawal.  At the end of 2005, things got really bad, and he wound up being cold turkeyed in the hospital.  Things were very bad, but as the years went by the symptoms started to slowly improve.  Everyday life was still a struggle but the HORROR had eased up.  At about five years off the ativan the horror again returned as hard as it was in the beginning, after having two somewhat easier years.  Now two years in to this, with some, but little improvements my husband is losing hope of ever recovering after this 7 year journey.  I keep reassuring him that his recovery is continual, but hearing from others who have been down this road would help.

John.."civilian" as of tomorrow. 

You certainly have had a major impact here on BB.  As you see by Mrs. Bs apeal for her husband, "we" keep coming..

God bless you, NewLife

Hello, Mrs. B., I know there was a thread specifically for family and friends of benzo victims.  Maybe someone can provide the right name.  Meanwhile, it is certainly appropriate for you to post here. 

Yes, it is scary that after so long the miseries resurface--Ativan seems to have its own story..was my poison well. 

blessings, NewLife

Why does it seem that he was slowly starting to get better, (we were starting to move on with our lives) and it all came crashing back down?

Like I said we were starting to get our lives back.  We had gone to a family reunion for the first time in years, and yes, he did drink that day.  This was the first he had drank in probably 5 years, maybe longer, but it was about 3 months later until the symptoms seemed to flare back up.  However about one week before the symptoms flared, he had received some stressful news.

Good morning good buddies.  I had previously posted last week that I would leave forum next month on my three year "anniversary" of end of my taper from valium.  However, I realize that is just a random date and that increasingly the demands and joys of life outside forum have become a priority for me.  I wish to thank all of the buddies who have supported me and this thread over the last couple of years.  I mentioned some of them in an earlier post last week but they include Mtmimi, Angel958, Rumi, Kristin, Leena, TC, ByBYMatrix, Bevoir, Ibmom, Ginger Pangelingua, Legos and really too many to name all of you, but you know who you are. I have tried to pay it forward since last summer when I wrote my 18 month success story where I rated myself at about 90% healed.  A few months ago, I was fortunate to update that to 100%.  I wish all of you who are still having some post benzo issues to know that time does heal and you will get well again.  Sometimes the last 10-15% of healing can take a while, but don't be discouraged.  Today is my last day on forum.

:

Best wishes and God Bless,

Vertigo

Hi V,

Just want to thank you for all you have done.  You will be missed  by many. I could always count on you. Mimi said it perfectly in her previous post....we all have a special buddies and vertigo was mine....this is exactly how I feel....take care and enjoy your life.

Love

Ibmom

Why does it seem that he was slowly starting to get better, (we were starting to move on with our lives) and it all came crashing back down?

Mrs. B., forgive me for this gruesome image...our brain is like a giant sponge soaking in sea water; even when it is rung out, nooks and cranies continue to house icky critters. 

Hi Mrs B,

While alcohol and stress can cause a "wave" or resurgence of symptoms, I've never heard of anyone getting hit as hard as this, at so far "out."  I hope you consider going to a psychologist (note: not psychiatrist; their first response is to prescribe Rx)  and/or neurologist - at the least, your PCP.  Any medications, supplements, outside stressors, illnesses, etc., could be the cause.

I can't imagine how hard this must be for you; your PTSD from that time must be as bad as your husband's.

Please keep us posted.

ginger

I'm really sorry newlife, but what do you mean by this?

Mrs. B..I'm sorry..the sponge image was inappropriate..  What I mean is that the brain is so complex we will probably never fully understand how it functions...what behaviors trigger old scripts..there have been some references that the brain is like a computer and when it has been compromised by these drugs they go haywire..

It is a good idea to surf the Success stories for comfort...

I'm just so sorry this is happening to your husband and therefore, to you...blessings, NewLife