Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Post Benzo Freedom Withdrawal Support Group

[ve...]

Hi Vertigo. I rarely drink red wine(tho I like it) because of the headache factor. Now the white wine seems to be a problem too. what a bummer. Last nite at my friends birthday dinner I had a beer. Highly unusual for me. No headache today but I think I am going to try to avoid all alcohol. I know I keep saying that....then some social event comes up and my resolve goes out the window. I'm ok at home not drinking, but when out with friends it is really hard not to. Of course a 3 day migraine is pretty strong motivation not to drink....as well as the possible bad affect on sleep.  Last nite was only 5 hrs and that is just not quite enuf to feel human during the day. How I long for a nice 7-8 hrs of sleep, with no supplements. Maybe someday.

thanks for this thread.

Hi Maltestmom,

sounds like a break from alcohol makes sense. I agree that 5 hours sleep does not feel like enough rest.  I would love to get 8 hours some day :thumbsup:

Hugs,

Vertigo

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [gi...]

• [pa...]

• [An...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an interesting night.  I took 2mg melatonin at about 10:00PM, watched a little tv and fell asleep around 11:00PM.  Woke up around 2AM and tossed and turned for about 45 minutes, was very tempted to go downstairs and read or whatever but I decided I'd gut it out and try to distract myself, did some mindfulness exercises, tossed a bit more but actually did fall asleep and was woken up by our alarm, which rarely happens.  Maybe that's progress, who knows. 

Vertigo

That sounds like progress to me. I know sleep restriction says to get up....but if I get up, rarely can I go back to sleep. Better for me to at least rest in bed. At least there is a chance you can go back to sleep....like you did eventually. I think that is real progress. I too woke at 4 this time cause I couldn't get to sleep at my normal time. I was amazed that I woke again at almost 6. I think going back to sleep in the middle of the nite is great progress.

I don't understand why I always awaken sometime in the middle of the nite, but if I go back to sleep, I'm ok with it. Just long for a nite or natural sleep for 7-8 hrs. Guess I should be happy with 5-6 hrs of natural sleep. That is progress for me as well. No supplements either the last couple nites.

Congrats on your improved sleep!

That sounds like progress to me. I know sleep restriction says to get up....but if I get up, rarely can I go back to sleep. Better for me to at least rest in bed. At least there is a chance you can go back to sleep....like you did eventually. I think that is real progress. I too woke at 4 this time cause I couldn't get to sleep at my normal time. I was amazed that I woke again at almost 6. I think going back to sleep in the middle of the nite is great progress.

I don't understand why I always awaken sometime in the middle of the nite, but if I go back to sleep, I'm ok with it. Just long for a nite or natural sleep for 7-8 hrs. Guess I should be happy with 5-6 hrs of natural sleep. That is progress for me as well. No supplements either the last couple nites.  Congrats on your improved sleep!

Hi Kathi.  Yes, I view it as progress.  First, I don't know much about restricted sleep program but I read in some insomina article that staying in bed can also be a good idea, at least for some period so that the impulse to get out is not rewarded too quickly.  In a sense, I think I began to train my mind and body last night to calm itself from the ruminations and stressful inner thoughts that were coming up.  Mindfulness can be very helpful in this area.  The other night when I did get out of bed, I felt like it might be going down the wrong road, perhaps beginning a cycle that was similar to the insomnia I had before benzos (wake ups at 2 or 3 and going down for a couple hours, coming back to sleep for a couple hours...).  Last night, I felt it was a small victory that I could talk myself down and fall back asleep.  Unfortunately it was a week day and the alarm went off at 6:45, otherwise I might have slept another hour or more.  I think your experience at 4AM sounds similar.  I'm not saying sleep restriction won't work for you because I don't know all that much about it.  For me, I just have a gut feeling that I'm better off trying to work more on discipline of staying in bed and finding a calm inner voice to deal with some of the anxious thoughts.  Also, I'm currently reading a book called "The WillPower Instinct:How Self Control Works" by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.  Maybe something I read yesterday rubbed off?

Best,

Vertigo

Hi Vertigo. I agree with you about lying in bed and calming yourself. In years past I couldn't sleep because of an overactive mind. Now I am not having that problem so much. It is more a feeling of not being sleepy....and then the mind starts going....tho it is much better than in the past. For me I really notice a difference physically almost more than mentally. Lately I have just felt calmer and sleepy. I am starting to feel that it is possible for me to sleep...maybe not as much as I need, but at least I'm doing it on my own. I do think if I have a stressed, harried day I will have problems sleeping. I think my nervous system just gets wired and can't relax enuf to sleep. The slowing down sleep routine really is essential for me but if I don't get that sleepy feeling, sleep doesn't happen.

I'm also trying again to meditate and I know that is very helpful for sleep. It is a struggle for me to do it and my mind doesn't really calm down very much....lots of thinking going on, instead of the mantra. I do think over time it helps. A woman wrote a sleep book, I bought, can't remember the name as I have so many. She said nothing worked for her except when she started meditating. Is is a way of learning to calm you mind...just like you are doing. Oftentimes I sit down and just end of thinking of everything I need to do....but my eyes are closed and they say it helps no matter what.

Think I'll go do it right now!

Hi V and Maltese!

I'm not sure if I can add anything new to the discussion. I have had problems with insomnia in the past, so I empathize completely.

I'm glad to hear that your both working on this and indeed meditation may either help you get back to sleep or at least keep you calm and rested while you're awake.

My insomnia spell last year (Jan-Feb) was so bad that when I knew I had to work an early morning shift, there were times I didn't sleep the whole night. :-\ I can recall that I had to completely move out of the room and I spent about 2 months on our big futon framed couch alone. It was as though I was banishing myself.

After I regained my normal sleep patterns, there still were some sleepless nights that I had, just not as frequently. There was one strategy I tried which was to put on DVDs of favorite old TV shows that I enjoyed so much as a kid. I am/was a big Flintstones fan and watching old shows like that (always brings back happy memories for me!) seemed enough to get my mind sleepy and focusing on dreamland. I know also, that some experts say that the glare of the TV is not good for inducing sleep. In my case it worked, plus the enjoyment of watching a favorite episode took away any frustration I felt over not going to sleep right away.

I now attribute the bad insomnia spell to this: An overactive CNS still recovering from benzos; A second taper from low amounts of remeron too soon after benzo taper; worry over finances; worry over a health condition; worry over medical coverage; stress changing back to part time employment; brooding over difficult people in my choir group; an outside crisis situation with another young parishoner; everyday incidentals.

V, I wish you much progress! You sound like you're working through some things and perhaps training your mind to remain calm at night is most of the battle when you're not sleeping. As for sleep restriction, I've heard of this method also. I had a young councelor last year who suggested doing tasks over and over again and that there was some research that said that would trick the mind into sleeping. He said to pick a task such as cleaning dishes, drying them, putting them away and then repeat the process over and over. I never did try that suggestion, but it may work, if nothing else does.

Anyway, hope you're having a nice day! I'll check back later on...

Hi all post benzo peeps!  ...and a big rowdy howdy to V, Pange, Libby, Wish, Angel, and Mimi!!

Easter was my one year anniversary off benzos and I felt blessed in so many ways.  When one has endured the recovery period, and starting to see light at the end of the tunnel, it is life changing. 

I had a very nice 18 day window; when while eating dinner, chipped pieces of a crown off, and then scheduled an emergency dental appt. the next a.m. at 8:30 a.m.  That nite, all old WD sxs came back with sweats/chills and only one hour sleep.  And benzorrhea in the a.m.  But I did make it through the 2.5 hrs. in the dentist chair with the high pitched drilling to grind off a crown and replace with a new one.  Next-day stuff does impact our CNS and it can set off the old WD symptoms.  This might take years to heal??  V; you might be experiencing this with the kiddies soccer practices??

I am planning a trip to Puerto Rico in a few months.  Have air and hotel scheduled, and I will make it come hell or high water.  Even if I don't sleep at all the night before the long flight the next day, I'll be up in the long silver tube forcing myself to do it.  :-*

I am back in the game of life -- busy time of year and adding some volunteer activities into my daily life.  ALL GOOD! 

Hope everyone continues to heal even more in the spring months.  Aren't we all looking forward to summer now that we are well off the benzos? 

Best regards,

Rocko

Rocko,

I haven't been on BB in a while.  Going through "hormone hell."  Saw my doctor yesterday and he had me stop the taper of hormones last night, and also, tomorrow I will stop thyroid which I've been on for 15 years.  Can't tolerate any of them anymore.  It could be a week or so before it all gets out of my system and I know how I am really doing without them.  Last night I actually got a few hours of sleep without the hits of adrenalin.  I am hopeful and trusting God has a plan.

So glad to hear your report!  Sound great to set a goal of a planned trip.  I'd like to go with my son to his college orientation in June, but for now it just doesn't make any sense to plan it.  My husband will plan to fly out with him.  If I think I can go at the last minute and we can get decent airfare, then I will go.  Still too soon for me to plan, particularly with this hormone stuff.  This is very tough going.  Saw a naturopathic doctor yesterday and she gave me homeopathic drops to try to help me through this phase with the hormones.  Calmed me down some yesterday.  We will see.  I'm having a lot of anxiety, shaking and twitching.

Yes, it is wonderful that Spring is here!!!  Glad to be able to walk through the anxiety.  My dogs are loving all the walking they are getting.  Today is a beautiful day!

My best to all,

Wish

Hi Vertigo. I do think if I have a stressed, harried day I will have problems sleeping. I think my nervous system just gets wired and can't relax enuf to sleep. The slowing down sleep routine really is essential for me but if I don't get that sleepy feeling, sleep doesn't happen. I'm also trying again to meditate and I know that is very helpful for sleep. It is a struggle for me to do it and my mind doesn't really calm down very much....lots of thinking going on, instead of the mantra. I do think over time it helps. A woman wrote a sleep book, I bought, can't remember the name as I have so many. She said nothing worked for her except when she started meditating. Is is a way of learning to calm you mind...just like you are doing. Oftentimes I sit down and just end of thinking of everything I need to do....but my eyes are closed and they say it helps no matter what. Think I'll go do it right now!

There are at least two kinds of mindfulness that I use. One is bringing the thoughts/mind back to the breath. Sometimes you will hear the inner voice/critic saying "there you go again, you have the attention of a gnat!" wandering off into another subject, can't focus... it's important to bring acceptance and compassion to those thoughts too, maybe label them in a non judgemental way as the critical inner voice doing it's mental chattering. The other thing is to focus on some kind of body scan, tensing and relaxing different parts of the body one by one. I'm sure there are other methods but sometimes the simplest ones are the ones that work best. Of course, any time you are trying to use these techniques to "calm down" or to "relax" or "to sleep", then it can have the opposite effect. The idea is to accept and observe whatever is happening in the present and if that means not sleeping for now, then so be it.

Vertigo

Yep, acceptance is often easier said than done. Those are both good methods Vertigo. With meditation you just focus on the mantra but I too find my mind wandering onto lists and things to do and issues and whatever. We just need to remember to go back  to the mantra or the breath or whatever. I know meditation helps my wired nervous system.

I'm reading the Hightly Sensitive Person and a lot of it applies to me.

There was one strategy I tried which was to put on DVDs of favorite old TV shows that I enjoyed so much as a kid. I am/was a big Flintstones fan and watching old shows like that (always brings back happy memories for me!)

Yaba Daba Doo :)

Hi Maltese :)

The Highly Sensitive Person is the one I read and have recommended on the forum.

Yes, that one describes me perfectly! Hope it works well for you also!

Question: My edition is copyright 1996. Is your a newer edition? I had a thread last year (I think it was back in September) with this book recommendation. Any thoughts or comments, Maltese and I would be happy to reply with you. We're a one computer family right now and I don't have any fancy texting devises, so I may be slower than some to reply. I do, however check the forum regularly when I can.

Best to you as you discover your 'true self' and place in the world. I wouldn't want it any other way! :)

In addition, I have tried mindfulness and meditation as V recommends. I still have some guided imagery tapes that I used in the past with such things as: body scan, peaceful walk, imagery for stress, etc.

Also, a tape with deep muscle relaxation. That one really helped while I was tapering down and going through some painful w/d.

I have found my best way to meditate 'mindfully' is through classical music favorites plus travel pictorials. There's nothing like escaping to an exotic beach while listening to 'Scheherazad' by Rimski-Korsakov!

Just saw the salutations, V! :laugh:

I think many of us in BB are probably HSP people in some ways. Not everything applies to me. I'm not really shy, tho was as a child. Am very sensitive to most things tho. Hate loud noise, craziness, violent movies, medicines. Have to take child doses. My book is from the library and is also pretty old and beat up. Lot of good information. Helps me understand some things better. Wish other people understood us HSP's better. Most people just don't get us. I'm glad Holly mentioned the book. I didn't know you posted about it.

Thanks, Kathi

Gotta run over to Costco

Hi all post benzo peeps!  ...and a big rowdy howdy to V, Pange, Libby, Wish, Angel, and Mimi!!

Easter was my one year anniversary off benzos and I felt blessed in so many ways.  When one has endured the recovery period, and starting to see light at the end of the tunnel, it is life changing. 

I had a very nice 18 day window; when while eating dinner, chipped pieces of a crown off, and then scheduled an emergency dental appt. the next a.m. at 8:30 a.m.  That nite, all old WD sxs came back with sweats/chills and only one hour sleep.  And benzorrhea in the a.m.  But I did make it through the 2.5 hrs. in the dentist chair with the high pitched drilling to grind off a crown and replace with a new one.  Next-day stuff does impact our CNS and it can set off the old WD symptoms.  This might take years to heal??  V; you might be experiencing this with the kiddies soccer practices??

I am planning a trip to Puerto Rico in a few months.  Have air and hotel scheduled, and I will make it come hell or high water.  Even if I don't sleep at all the night before the long flight the next day, I'll be up in the long silver tube forcing myself to do it.  :-*

I am back in the game of life -- busy time of year and adding some volunteer activities into my daily life.  ALL GOOD! 

Hope everyone continues to heal even more in the spring months.  Aren't we all looking forward to summer now that we are well off the benzos? 

Best regards,

Rocko

:highfive:

Another weekend and another game to coach :D.  Hope I can keep my adrenalin in check and not have my sleep cycle get out of whack again :o::).  Skipped the melatonin last night and slept about 6 hours. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

Vertigo

Hey John,

Saw your reply re: my insomnia.  Buddy, I love you but you were rather condescending to me, and suggest that insomnia only lasts a while after w/d was a bit (to say the least) misleading.  In fact, that reply is the kind newbies get.

You know I'm 3+ years out.  I'm not in the early years. Even Ashton has confirmed that there is no true tracking of PAWS after 3 years, it's so far out there. I thought this thread was one where post withdrawal isn't sugar-coated.  Long-term damage is possible, it is real. Thankfully only 10% of the 15% who have PWS continue evolve into PAWS.  Sadly, I am one of them (but not the only one on this forum. A couple are much worse than I am, and are farther out than me).

Suggesting I try meditation, etc., as well was condescending. You know I'm a big proponent of those disciplines. You I do tai chi, chigong, mindfulness, exercise and eat a pretty strict diet. I do all the "right" things to promote healthy sleep.  I'm taking hypnosis, even, as well as do acupuncture weekly.  I am, truly, doing everything to combat insomnia and quiet my mind.  You know this. 

OK: just had to get this off my chest. I just wanted to share, like everyone else does on this thread.  You provide a tremendous amount of support here but I think you should be careful. This is one of the best threads going for those with PWS.  Please don't be a guru!

Love you, guy - seriously.  I'm so happy that your sleep has finally stabilized and you're moving forward now, seemingly without much effort.  I am too, all things considered!  I've even seen improvement from my last post. I'm back to sleeping 2-3 hours before I start tossing, but it's hard to have conversations during the day because my mind won't let me focus on one subject at a time. I'm a big spouter of "accept and accommodate" but sometimes even I get fed up with my mantra.

Here's to better days, buddy!

ginger

Hey John, Saw your reply re: my insomnia. Buddy, I love you but you were rather condescending to me, and suggest that insomnia only lasts a while after w/d was a bit (to say the least) misleading. In fact, that reply is the kind newbies get.

Hi G. Sorry, I don't remember saying that insomnia only lasts a while after w/d. If I did, can't recall. I think I've been pretty honest and clear that although my insomnia and sleep issues are not as bad as yours or others, or as bad as they were before I took that first valium and after taper, I still believe I have some sleep disturbance even though "mild". I have not been able to get more than about six hours consistently, which although I realize would be welcomed as great by many here, it still is a form of sleep disturbance, mild as it may be. So posting that insomnia only lasts a while doesn't sound like something I would say, although perhaps it's true for the majority. No offense intended though.

You know I'm 3+ years out. I'm not in the early years. Even Ashton has confirmed that there is no true tracking of PAWS after 3 years, it's so far out there. I thought this thread was one where post withdrawal isn't sugar-coated. Long-term damage is possible, it is real. Thankfully only 10% of the 15% who have PWS continue evolve into PAWS. Sadly, I am one of them (but not the only one on this forum. A couple are much worse than I am, and are farther out than me).

I try not to sugar coat, G. I suppose it's possible that I might have done so at some point. I apologize if I posted something that was offensive to you.

Suggesting I try meditation, etc., as well was condescending. You know I'm a big proponent of those disciplines. You I do tai chi, chigong, mindfulness, exercise and eat a pretty strict diet. I do all the "right" things to promote healthy sleep. I'm taking hypnosis, even, as well as do acupuncture weekly. I am, truly, doing everything to combat insomnia and quiet my mind. You know this.

I honestly don't recall what I posted about meditation, G. I've probably posted about mindfulness or meditation fifteen times in the last week on other threads. I looked back about ten pages of this thread and couldn't find the post that you are referring to. In any event, I'm sure there was no condescending intended. There have been many times in the last couple years when for one reason or another I stopped exercising or stopped a regular meditation practice for some period. I have noticed that when I did not follow a daily or fairly regular mindfulness program, that my own anxiety or sleep took some backward steps. Perhaps my post was meant as a reminder not just to you but others as well to get back to meditation rather than an implication that you never tried it? Maybe it didn't come across that way.

OK: just had to get this off my chest. I just wanted to share, like everyone else does on this thread. You provide a tremendous amount of support here but I think you should be careful. This is one of the best threads going for those with PWS. Please don't be a guru!

I appreciate the feedback G, but I don't think I'm trying to be a guru.

Love you, guy - seriously. I'm so happy that your sleep has finally stabilized and you're moving forward now, seemingly without much effort. I am too, all things considered! I've even seen improvement from my last post. I'm back to sleeping 2-3 hours before I start tossing, but it's hard to have conversations during the day because my mind won't let me focus on one subject at a time. I'm a big spouter of "accept and accommodate" but sometimes even I get fed up with my mantra.

I don't think I've quite reached the promised land, G.  It feels more like I've been in the desert about 35 years with maybe another five to go... I understand it's been frustrating to be further along at three years and still have to try to function on 3 hours sleep. I hear ya about getting fed up with the mantra. Well, we've been at this too long for one silly post to get in the way of our friendship. I try to reply to most of the posts here, sometimes they might not all come out just the right way. I apologize if something came off the wrong way.

:smitten:

V

Here's to better days, buddy! ginger

Hi V :)

We're on our way to take our son to see his friend's baseball game. After that, probably do take out for lunch. Then I have some work reports to send. I didn't actually work any hours this week, but I do get to take leave for Mon night being sick.

There's a 'hamster race' sponsored by PetCo that my wife and kids want to take our to. Should be interesting!

This weekend is supposed to be sunny and much warmer than last week, so I'll be doing some copious mowing!

Hope you are having a nice weekend, V! Any plans for you?

Hi V :)

We're on our way to take our son to see his friend's baseball game. After that, probably do take out for lunch. Then I have some work reports to send. I didn't actually work any hours this week, but I do get to take leave for Mon night being sick.

There's a 'hamster race' sponsored by PetCo that my wife and kids want to take our to. Should be interesting!

This weekend is supposed to be sunny and much warmer than last week, so I'll be doing some copious mowing!

Hope you are having a nice weekend, V! Any plans for you?

Hey Mike.  Check out the movie "Carnage" on netflix.  There's some scenes in there about a hamster.  Not a movie for your kids though, "R" rated.  Great acting and based on a Broadway or maybe it was off Broadway play.  Just got back from our bike ride and some family time.  We'll stay in tonight and watch a video, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.  I've got my son's soccer game to coach tomorrow and pack for my upcoming visit to the W. Coast.    Hope your weekend and mowing are going well.

Best,

V

Vertigo

What are your plans for the weekend Post Benzo Pepes???

Vertigo

Putting one foot in front of the other, but, on such a beautiful day, it is a little easier!!  Hope your coaching went well and doesn't disrupt your sleep. :)

Pange, I saw you mentioned the book Highly Sensitive Person.  I haven't heard of it, but was able to reserve it on CD at the library.  I'm interested in listening to it.  I've heard all my life, "You are soooo sensitive."  That applies to every aspect of my life.  Wouldn't doubt that is why so many of us have been hit so hard by a drug that overwhelmed our systems.

As always, so thankful for all of you who keep this tread going.  I don't feel so alone in this journey.

Onward and upward,

Wish :smitten:

Hi All PB Peeps:

I'm wondering now if I haven't added an addiction to Unisom (doxylamine succinate).  My first reduction was to 1/2 (25 mg.) pill.  Stayed on that dose for about 16 days.  Recently, 2 x, have tried to reduce the 1/2 to 1/4 (6.25 mg.).  I make it to nite 2 or 3 and then have a nite of 1 - 2 hrs. sleep with WD symptoms.  One nite I had an early dental appt. to grind down a crown - HIGH STRESS.  This week, I got lost trying to find someone's house in the mountains and I mean really lost.  Had my hubby's truck and his GPS would not work.  OK, High stress that day, and then that nite had a horrible nite (1.5 hrs sleep with sweats/chills, tooth pain and some racing thoughts).  Of course, both nites were combined with the reduction in Unisom. 

Maltese:  I know Unisom has worked well for you and you take it sporadically.  I have taken it every nite since mid-October.  I tapered off it in July last year without issues, other than insomnia due to benzo WD.  So now I'm thinking I should just stick with the 1/2 Unisom every nite until more healing has taken place.  Geez, this stuff can be sooooooo frustrating.   

Hi Wish:  How are you doing going CT off the hormones?  I am thinking of you -- it might be rough going for awhile.  And what about your thyroid med?  Are you taking Synthroid?  I worry about you going off that one without testing.  The extra thyroid med does help your body produce more serotonin and GABA, which might help you through the hormone CT.  What is your dosage?  Have you had your TSH, free t3 and free t4 tested before you stopped?  I can go hypothyroid within a week if I stop taking the thyroid med.  I do get thyroid tests every three months to make sure the dose is correct.  I do not need as much in the summer months due to body metabolism being more in tune.  Did your naturopath suggest you go off the thyroid med?    ...but I remember I did not need to take the thyroid med for about a year after I stopped the BHRT.  I think the progesterone kick starts the thyroid for awhile.  But I had to resume again a year later in the fall when the colder weather arrives. 

Ginger; I hope your sleep just continues to get better and better.  That's my biggest complaint too now that I am a year off.  I struggle with getting to sleep even though I get the sleepy time feeling.  And then wake up several times in the nite.  I wish I could doze off in seconds like my hubby can.  Come on sleep fairy -- get busy doing your job! :tickedoff:

V; sounds like you are getting close to the land of milk and honey.  Hope you start getting those 7-8 hr. nites.  And you enjoy those little guy soccer games. 

Pange; I know you were taking Remeron after you finished your taper.  Did you successfully taper off it and if so, did you experience the rebound insomnia.  I know Remeron has an anti-histamine component which is why it makes you feel sleepy.  I think I'm hooked on Unisom, but I want the sleep so badly.  Glad to hear you are enjoying so many different activites with your children and co-workers.  Please stay on here awhile -- you have wise sage advice, like V!!

Best regards to all,

Rocko

Hi All PB Peeps: I'm wondering now if I haven't added an addiction to Unisom (doxylamine succinate). My first reduction was to 1/2 (25 mg.) pill. Stayed on that dose for about 16 days. Recently, 2 x, have tried to reduce the 1/2 to 1/4 (6.25 mg.). I make it to nite 2 or 3 and then have a nite of 1 - 2 hrs. sleep with WD symptoms. V; sounds like you are getting close to the land of milk and honey. Hope you start getting those 7-8 hr. nites. And you enjoy those little guy soccer games... Best regards to all, Rocko

Hey Rocko. Sounds like you've gotten yourself in a bit of a bind with the Unisom. Perhaps you need to settle down and catch up on some sleep for a week before trying to taper down the Unisom. You might try alternating the dose, maybe 2-3 times a week at regular dose to get some sleep and lower doses on alternate days? I'm not familiar with it but I've heard some buddies write about Unisom from time to time.

I'm not quite to the land of milk and honey, Rocko. Like I posted earlier today, I feel like I've made it through about 35 years in the desert, maybe another 5 years to go (metaphorically!). Let's see if post benzo brain can do the math. If 35 years in the desert is equivalent to the last 4 years (in real time) or so of benzo crapola journey, then 5 more "desert years" would metaphorically be what, about 3-4 more months? Should be a great summer (at least theoretically!!!) :thumbsup:.

:smitten:

Vertigo