The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

Thank you lady den

I no longer go out and do yard work which I miss but I got sick of falling.

It's good you make rules for yourself and challenge yourself.  :thumbsup:

Gardenia that is very wise for you to be safe not sorry. That yard can wait.  :thumbsup: I know you miss it. You’ll be doing it again soon enough. I certainly miss doing a long list of things. Including yard work. I really enjoy piddling around in my flowerbeds/ garden ( when I had them). I’m in an apartment now. I miss my rose garden. But I do have a pretty view of the gardens around the pool here. Anyway, we will get to doing what we love once we heal.

Hugs to you

I just wanted to say a bit more to Fruity Pop about that first post above:

When I mentioned above that it would be good to seek medical advice, I was suggesting that not just for your dizziness but for the "dry heaving" you refer to here:

"I can here to asking about meds like Dramamine because I have horrible dry heaving the first half of the day almost like when you are pregnant and your stomach empties a d then you dry heave. I was thinking about Dramamine or zofran or something it I really don’t want to take an antihistamine. Didn’t realize that these meds also treat the vestibular issues snd are not advised. My dry heaving is violent a d makes me cry a d ore to the point I am having to wear pee pads. Sorry TMI so I was looking for something for the nausea but seems all these meds also treat the vestibular issues and are not advised. Any Insight would be helpful."

I'm not at all familiar with that type of thing, and if it's "violent", as you describe it, then it seems concerning. Are you losing fluids? If so, those need to be replaced. That can affect electrolyte balance, etc. Taking medication without having it first checked out medically seems risky to me.

Peppermint and ginger are a couple of safer options to deal with nausea, if it's just nausea. But again, if you're throwing up and/or losing fluids and electrolytes, please do seek medical advice. Do you have a family doctor you can consult?

Lapis how are you doing today? I really am glad you’re always so helpful to us. Thank you for your love and kindness. You’ve been on here a long time…please go to the feedback thread and receive your special message that somebody posted for staff and others that are still here supporting others.

I’m not sure who posted it but it’s awesome  ::) ::)::)

Lapis how are you doing today? I really am glad you’re always so helpful to us. Thank you for your love and kindness. You’ve been on here a long time…please go to the feedback thread and receive your special message that somebody posted for staff and others that are still here supporting others.

I’m not sure who posted it but it’s awesome  ::) ::)::)

Hi LadyDen,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm not sure what thread you're referring to, so perhaps you can put a link in here for that.

Thank you so much Lapis. I hope yours was good too. You’re very welcome sweetheart.

Today is tough for me. I’m trying to hang in there. Morning dread and waves are bad this morning.

I’ve never been to Canada but always wanted to. Maybe one day when I’m healed, I’ll come for a visit. Is a passport required?

Yes, LadyDen, if you're flying to Canada, you definitely need a passport. If you're driving across the border, I think they might accept some other types of identification. But a passport is probably best. Things are changing as far as the COVID rules go and what's necessary for crossing the border right now.

Anyway, I'm guessing that's not in your immediate plans. Take good care, and Canada will still be here when you're ready to make the trip!

I have reduced to much and now my vestibular issues went haywire, I look to my right and everything is spinning my balance is very bad my vision is off.  anyone had this happen?

Bonty,  I have this and have had it on and off for quite some time.  I do think it gets better with time.  Be careful when you are moving around.  I hope it passes for you soon.

This is common Bonty. You just have to let it settle. Am sorry you’ve joined this club. When did this start?

I have been having vestibular issues balance especially... But unfortunately  I was reducing the same  and I didn't check the % and now I it affected my vision and have nausea and feel like I came of a rollercoaster I'm not that functional, did you every up dose? as you can see my sig. I when from 0.1 to 0.08mg in like 2 months thinking to up dose to 0.1 again, so tired

Bonty,  I have this and have had it on and off for quite some time.  I do think it gets better with time.  Be careful when you are moving around.  I hope it passes for you soon.

did you have nausea and vision problems?

I reduced to much with out knowing the  %  just keep going while the dose was becoming smaller.

low doses can be more difficult thinking of up dosing to 1

Bonty, I do have nausea sometimes. My vision was blurry when I was still taking the meds. Now, that I'm off my vision has cleared up.  Hang in there.

Bonty, I do have nausea sometimes. My vision was blurry when I was still taking the meds. Now, that I'm off my vision has cleared up.  Hang in there.

I feel like I'm on a trip from hell everything is spinning, scared of getting out, I live alone, never had this so bad.

Bonty many get relief from the nausea by drinking peppermint tea or peppermint candy. Also ginger is good for nausea as well. You can drink ginger ale, ginger tea or ginger candy. Laying on the left side with a cool towel on the back or the front of the neck also helps. Left side because it takes the pressure off the stomach muscles by pulling the weight of the stomach contents off of it.

As far as the dizziness there’s not much you can do except laying down when you’re not needing to walk around. Time will have to settle it down to where it’s more bearable. You also want to be very careful not to fall or injury yourself seeing that you live alone. It would be ideal to have someone who could come stay with you at least half the day. Do you have anyone who could? A friend or relative? If not then I’d suggest you do as I did ( I was abandoned by my soon to be ex husband while bedridden). I got someone to get me groceries or had them delivered. The delivery person was nice when I asked them to bring them in for me. I explained to them I was very ill and alone. Make a list of all groceries that you can store without a refrigerator to be kept in your room. Fruits, canned meats, bread, crackers, even baby food in jars so you’ll have veggies. Most baby foods are just organic foods without preservatives that are simply smashed for easy swallowing. If you can get a small refrigerator put in your room that would be ideal. I had one.  :thumbsup: It allowed me to keep almond milk, cheese, condiments and deli meats in my room to make sandwiches or store soups/stews. If you can put a microwave in the room as well. And plenty of bottled water.

Distract yourself from the dizziness. Watch tv, play games, talk on the phone, etc. it will get better with time.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I hope I gave you some tips to help you. As far as self care….

Put a toothbrush/ toothpaste and a trash can by your bed. Your mouth can be rinsed with bottled water. I also used personal wipes and baby wipes to clean myself. They can be purchased without dyes or scents. When you order groceries to be delivered, grocery stores also have personal and cleaning items.  :thumbsup:

If you can’t make it to the bathroom get a portable toilet and a walker would be a great thing to use when walking around. Sending you hugs and wishes that this goes away soon for you.

Bonty many get relief from the nausea by drinking peppermint tea or peppermint candy. Also ginger is good for nausea as well. You can drink ginger ale, ginger tea or ginger candy. Laying on the left side with a cool towel on the back or the front of the neck also helps. Left side because it takes the pressure off the stomach muscles by pulling the weight of the stomach contents off of it.

As far as the dizziness there’s not much you can do except laying down when you’re not needing to walk around. Time will have to settle it down to where it’s more bearable. You also want to be very careful not to fall or injury yourself seeing that you live alone. It would be ideal to have someone who could come stay with you at least half the day. Do you have anyone who could? A friend or relative? If not then I’d suggest you do as I did ( I was abandoned by my soon to be ex husband while bedridden). I got someone to get me groceries or had them delivered. The delivery person was nice when I asked them to bring them in for me. I explained to them I was very ill and alone. Make a list of all groceries that you can store without a refrigerator to be kept in your room. Fruits, canned meats, bread, crackers, even baby food in jars so you’ll have veggies. Most baby foods are just organic foods without preservatives that are simply smashed for easy swallowing. If you can get a small refrigerator put in your room that would be ideal. I had one.  :thumbsup: It allowed me to keep almond milk, cheese, condiments and deli meats in my room to make sandwiches or store soups/stews. If you can put a microwave in the room as well. And plenty of bottled water.

Distract yourself from the dizziness. Watch tv, play games, talk on the phone, etc. it will get better with time.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I hope I gave you some tips to help you. As far as self care….

Put a toothbrush/ toothpaste and a trash can by your bed. Your mouth can be rinsed with bottled water. I also used personal wipes and baby wipes to clean myself. They can be purchased without dyes or scents. When you order groceries to be delivered, grocery stores also have personal and cleaning items.  :thumbsup:

If you can’t make it to the bathroom get a portable toilet and a walker would be a great thing to use when walking around. Sending you hugs and wishes that this goes away soon for you.

thank you LadyDen I live in a studio so I have everything I need, But I'm alone  I never thought I would be hit so hard I was functional. I'm scared  I didn't know any better in terms of calculating % so suddenly got slammed just keep going  same reduction haven't been washing my hair in days

hardly any apetite still have food. 

Ok did you reduce too fast? Or reduce too much?

to fast 1% more every 2 weeks I thought I was reducing 3% and  and then realized it can out to 10%

every month 3, 4 4.6. 5 5.5  an so on 

I'm so un well through in hormone changes

Hi,

I just wanted to jump in here to say that there are some repercussions of lying down too much, such as lowered bone density, muscle atrophy, digestive issues, skin breakdown (e.g. pressure soress), as well as the fact that the vestibular system also needs to be challenged by being upright and walking or moving about. A cane or a walker can help with staying mobile while reducing the risk of falling. Just something to keep in mind.

I agree with Lapis that you don’t want to just lay down all day. Getting up to move around is a must. But in my case,I couldn’t tolerate standing for awhile. So I had no choice but to stay in bed for months. But I did get up to go to the bathroom plus did exercises in bed and while sitting up. I gradually increased the times when standing or sitting.

So Bonty I suggest you keep up your muscle strength. You’ll need it when your dizziness settles.

Lapis how are you doing today? Any progress?

I agree with Lapis that you don’t want to just lay down all day. Getting up to move around is a must. But in my case,I couldn’t tolerate standing for awhile. So I had no choice but to stay in bed for months. But I did get up to go to the bathroom plus did exercises in bed and while sitting up. I gradually increased the times when standing or sitting.

So Bonty I suggest you keep up your muscle strength. You’ll need it when your dizziness settles.

Lapis how are you doing today? Any progress?

thank you yes I'm moving around I have no choice, I think the worst is the nausea at the moment, I want to go out I'm stuck here  I usually take walks. 

Thank you Lapis for the info. :thumbsup: