Long-Term Users group - w/d and recovery after longterm use

[my...]

Hi there.

No, no input on Ativan, sorry.

Got off valium a month or so ago.  Still on Ambien.

Think am seeing the windows and waves thing now... it is so hard.  But there are times, briefly, I feel normal.  I think.  Assuming I remember what 'normal' was/is for me.

Considering getting covid vaccine this week... just don' tknow.  I don't see hardly anyone at all, so not much risk.  But the thought of getting Covid is so frightening.

I have so much fatigue, vibrating, bad sleep now, don't want the vaccine to make things worse.

I hope you can get off the Ambien soon, it's likely causing some of your symptoms, it did for me.

I don't know about that.  And I'm afraid to rock the boat more than I have.

Pamster, what did you do for sleep?    And how old were you, approx, at the time?  thx

I quit Klonopin cold turkey and a few months later I started taking Ambien, when I finally quit the Ambien cold turkey 6 months later I felt instantly better.  I discovered that the Ambien was keeping me sick, the inner trembling, the agitation, the dark, dark thoughts were all caused by the Ambien and when I stopped it I felt wonderful.  I had a few nights of no sleep and when I could sleep it was filled with horrific nightmares but I still felt better than I had in 14 months since the Klonopin cold turkey.  I was 53 then and I'm 65 now and sleep is wonderful and life is good.

I know our situations are different but I hope you'll take a good look at your Ambien and try to figure out if its hurting more than helping you. 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

• [Ba...]

• [pr...]