WORLD'S FIRST REVERSE BENZO DRUG - C/T feels like a Benzo

[Bi...]

She's Baaaaaaaaaaaack. Jordan...I mean Birdie.  ;D

Missed ya Birdie friend. :smitten:

Snowy :)

Hi Snowy,  I'm am just finishing up a few projects  ;D

Bye snowy  :-*:smitten:

Soooooo, Are ya done yet? Times up. Put yer pencils down. 8)  8):balloon:  :pokey:  8) 8)

By the way...Isnt that there Previgil for truck drivers or something?  ::)

Snowy :smitten:

Jordon is on Provigil :laugh:  ( and some truckers ;D )

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bi...]

• [Lo...]

• [Wi...]

• [ih...]

She's Baaaaaaaaaaaack. Jordan...I mean Birdie.  ;D

Missed ya Birdie friend. :smitten:

Snowy :)

Hi Snowy,  I'm am just finishing up a few projects  ;D

Bye snowy  :-*:smitten:

Soooooo, Are ya done yet? Times up. Put yer pencils down. 8)  8):balloon:  :pokey:  8) 8)

By the way...Isnt that there Previgil for truck drivers or something?  ::)

Jordon is on Provigil :laugh:  ( and some truckers ;D )

Now, If she only had blonde hair.  :laugh:

I didn't know you were a trucker Bird. :idiot:  8) Honk Honk, Birdie's coming through. I could just picture taking a gander in my rear view mirror and there's Birdie in an 18 wheeler with a pot of black coffee in one hand, while munching on some provigil...honk honk  :D Go Birdie Go! ;D:laugh:

That's some image, Birdie the trucker  :D

For the last few weeks, I have been having mid week waves. The symptoms have been the same since my first acute withdrawal, it's just a matter of frequency now. It's very tedious, starts with tachycardia & feeling wired, followed by a benzo flu/ extreme fatigue.

The tinnitus is a constant but manageable outside the waves when it's louder & more distracting.

These waves do seem to be triggered by too much stimulation, most weekends I have been doing increased hard core hiking with very early morning starts, more coffee than my system can handle & maybe lately, too much glutamate hitting supps.

Outside of the waves, I could live with the lower level tinnitus. Just wish I knew whether these glutamate surges are helping to regrow GABA receptors.

Carefully used in the right environment, psychedelics can be great for mental health, IMO. If I had DP or DR, I would be experimenting for sure but can't see a biochemical mechanism which might reset GABA/ GLU & the anecdotal reports don't seem to favour psychedelics for benzo withdrawals.

Best wishes.

:smitten: :smitten:

Carefully used in the right environment, psychedelics can be great for mental health, IMO. If I had DP or DR, I would be experimenting for sure but can't see a biochemical mechanism which might reset GABA/ GLU & the anecdotal reports don't seem to favour psychedelics for benzo withdrawals.

What psychedelics would you use for dpdr? Most psychedelics are serotonergic and are known to CAUSE dp/dr....Namely mushrooms, lsd, and MDMA....Also indicated are cannabis and ssri's.

That's some image, Birdie the trucker  :D

For the last few weeks, I have been having mid week waves. The symptoms have been the same since my first acute withdrawal, it's just a matter of frequency now. It's very tedious, starts with tachycardia & feeling wired, followed by a benzo flu/ extreme fatigue.

The tinnitus is a constant but manageable outside the waves when it's louder & more distracting.

These waves do seem to be triggered by too much stimulation, most weekends I have been doing increased hard core hiking with very early morning starts, more coffee than my system can handle & maybe lately, too much glutamate hitting supps.

Outside of the waves, I could live with the lower level tinnitus. Just wish I knew whether these glutamate surges are helping to regrow GABA receptors.

Best wishes.

:smitten: :smitten:

My Mom in law had 6 months to live (cancer) and we gave her EOL therapy with mushrooms.  She passed very happily.  Trip-treatment with psychedelics can get your mind off EOL depression in a most wonderful way :thumbsup:

After a while she forgot that she was at the end and that's important.  Fear sucks and everyone here is in chemical fear so this group really understands what fear is, horror is unnecessary at EOL.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/02/09/trip-treatment

When it's my turn to "CHECKOUT" I'll be on psilocybin therapy for sure!

Well after testing Modif. I would say it's not worth it.  The wave was no fun but it did pass like all waves do.  I when it passed I was not any better off :'(   

I guess I'll just let more time pass and stay extra busy :thumbsup:

Well after testing Modif. I would say it's not worth it.  The wave was no fun but it did pass like all waves do.  I when it passed I was not any better off :'(   

Sorry about that Birdie. But...You gave it a run. That's all you can do.  ;) Whats next on tap?  >:D

I love it that your MIL got to have a fearless death experience. The good quality trials they have done with nuns, among others have shown that psychedelics can create an increased sense of oneness in the physical world which is sustained for years after the experience.

Its a pity that Tim Leary allowed his enthusiasm to derail his scientific objectivity & political sense so that psychedelic research was set back a long way.

Sorry the modafinil hasnt given you any short term upside. The theory of prompting GABA upregulation via GLU agonists still makes sense to me but the effects of increased glutamate are hard to take.

I am on day 6 of a ginkgo trial, (120 mgs twice daily). It does stop the tinnutis til it wears off & seems to help with fatigue symptoms. I do feel a little edgier during the day but getting good quality sleep, falling asleep within minutes. I will post on the ginkgo thread if this continues but so far, blocking GLU & GABA seems more tolerable for me than promoting GLU.

Here's to healing, however we can get it.

Sorry about that Birdie. But...You gave it a run. That's all you can do.  ;) Whats next on tap?  >:D

Hi Snowy,  I think I am all taped out  ;)  I am feeling good enough just to lay low.  I do use gabapen or Lyrc. to stop waves when they show up and that's working well but I try not to over do it.  These Alpha 2 delta blockers work to stop my waves as I suspect they are all Alpha 2 Delta triggered (Too much glutamate)  If I use Alpha 2 delta blockers too much it back fires so I have to be careful and not take them on the good days just as a habit. 

http://i.imgur.com/3mqwOnG.jpg

Time just to rest now and just wait,,, and wait and wait...  This sure is a slow process.

Hugs from L  snowy :smitten:

Hi Snowy,  I think I am all taped out  ;)  I am feeling good enough just to lay low.  I do use gabapen or Lyrc. to stop waves when they show up and that's working well but I try not to over do it.  These Alpha 2 delta blockers work to stop my waves as I suspect they are all Alpha 2 Delta triggered (Too much glutamate)  If I use Alpha 2 delta blockers too much it back fires so I have to be careful and not take them on the good days just as a habit. 

http://i.imgur.com/3mqwOnG.jpg

Time just to rest now and just wait,,, and wait and wait...  This sure is a slow process.

Hugs from L  snowy :smitten:

Hi Lucky.  ;) Interesting, how it reduces glutamate to get basically the same effect without potentiating gaba on the other end. I guess it's all about balance. hmmm :idiot: Nice pictures. 8)

You're getting better. I can hear it in your "voice"  :)

Thanks Lucky, Love J  :D

I love it that your MIL got to have a fearless death experience. The good quality trials they have done with nuns, among others have shown that psychedelics can create an increased sense of oneness in the physical world which is sustained for years after the experience.

Its a pity that Tim Leary allowed his enthusiasm to derail his scientific objectivity & political sense so that psychedelic research was set back a long way.

Sorry the modafinil hasnt given you any short term upside. The theory of prompting GABA upregulation via GLU agonists still makes sense to me but the effects of increased glutamate are hard to take.

I am on day 6 of a ginkgo trial, (120 mgs twice daily). It does stop the tinnutis til it wears off & seems to help with fatigue symptoms. I do feel a little edgier during the day but getting good quality sleep, falling asleep within minutes. I will post on the ginkgo thread if this continues but so far, blocking GLU & GABA seems more tolerable for me than promoting GLU.

Here's to healing, however we can get it.

Hi Ihope,  Let me know how your Ginko test goes.  I have never used it but I hear some people really say it works well.

It's true that all our fear is part of our ego and once you reach an ego free state fear can't exist.  I would have used it more in benzo w/d but you just can't live in that state and earn a living so it's great for bedridden people only. My MIL was picking butterflies out of the air and she looked at me, giggled and pointed at me and said "There are butterflies all runaround your head"  We both giggled and then cracked up laughing.  She died the next day and she actually had a rather large grin on her face and that gave my husband and me a curious sense of relief and peace after her passing.

Wow, that is so interesting.  Just wondering how long it took for your dizziness, floor moving symptoms took to go away.  I am going into my 7th month and this symptom is really difficult for me.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Modafinil-

So, I went to see a neurologist and in the waiting room was a neurology magazine with an article about chemo brain. For several decades people have been complaining of cognitive deficits caused by chemo and their complaints were largely ignored. Until someone did some research and saw that there were differences in the brains of a significant amount of people who'd been on chemo. One of the ways they're treating 'chemo brain' is with modafinil.

So, there were a significant amount of people who complained of cognitive (and other) issues after benzos. And for decades they were ignored, but then

The ending to our story is yet unwritten, for now.

Peace2

Interesting peace2.  Also people on chemo get horrid tinnitus just like we do too.  I still think it's an interesting drug since it's opposite of a benzo.  People happily giving themselves benzo withdrawal and then getting addicted to benzo withdrawal screams of ANSWERS to our suffering and questions here at BB. 

Addicted to benzo withdrawal! That's just nuts but true, think about it!  This is a KEY STONE find! I just know it in my heart.  HELLO it's an ANTI benzo! 

This needs to be explored big time.  I hope this topic never dies as I think it's SO very important just to gain knowledge,  Hooked on benzo withdrawal, it's just mind bending folks, think about it for a second here!  If we can find how both benzo's and modafinil effect the brain I think it will answer some very fundamental questions as to how our suffering can be eased.

Just the fact that withdrawing from this drug feels like you took a benzo and it lasts for months and even years is SO whacked :laugh:! This is somehow very important, do not know how yet but it just is!  :angel:

They are not hooked on benzo withdrawal they are hooked on the "high" feeling and ability to get stuff done.

Modafinil-

So, I went to see a neurologist and in the waiting room was a neurology magazine with an article about chemo brain. For several decades people have been complaining of cognitive deficits caused by chemo and their complaints were largely ignored. Until someone did some research and saw that there were differences in the brains of a significant amount of people who'd been on chemo. One of the ways they're treating 'chemo brain' is with modafinil.

So, there were a significant amount of people who complained of cognitive (and other) issues after benzos. And for decades they were ignored, but then

The ending to our story is yet unwritten, for now.

Peace2

Interesting peace2.  Also people on chemo get horrid tinnitus just like we do too.  I still think it's an interesting drug since it's opposite of a benzo.  People happily giving themselves benzo withdrawal and then getting addicted to benzo withdrawal screams of ANSWERS to our suffering and questions here at BB. 

Addicted to benzo withdrawal! That's just nuts but true, think about it!  This is a KEY STONE find! I just know it in my heart.  HELLO it's an ANTI benzo! 

This needs to be explored big time.  I hope this topic never dies as I think it's SO very important just to gain knowledge,  Hooked on benzo withdrawal, it's just mind bending folks, think about it for a second here!  If we can find how both benzo's and modafinil effect the brain I think it will answer some very fundamental questions as to how our suffering can be eased.

Just the fact that withdrawing from this drug feels like you took a benzo and it lasts for months and even years is SO whacked :laugh:! This is somehow very important, do not know how yet but it just is!  :angel:

They are not hooked on benzo withdrawal they are hooked on the "high" feeling and ability to get stuff done.

I talked to 20 or 30 people on a modafinil user grouo in New york and when they explained MODAFINAL withdrawal the SX list sounded the same as when people first start taking benzo's  including sedation, relaxing deep sleep and even a drop in sensory perception including less colorful vision, less sound (muffled) less tinnitus, less pain and sense of well being also not being able to get much work done or even caring. 

Chemically the  people in this modafinil user group have down regulated their glutamate receptors.  When they quit they have too much Gaba verses Glutamate which is opposite of what we have after long term benzo use.

I tried modafinil and after 3 days I was out of my mind from not sleeping.  Great theory but painful to apply it.  Maybe I took too much or maybe I am just not healed enough to mess with a drug this powerful yet.

This is just my personal opinion.  After a lifetime of listening to medical professionals that "know" absolutely nothing about the human body and how drugs affect it, I will never believe what they say a "drug" will do for me.  The fact is they "know" nothing, especially about "drugs".  Every human body is different as we have learned through all of our millions of different withdrawal experiences on the same drugs at the same doses.  My conclusion therefore has to be - not a chance in hell will I ever enlist them to help me where I can help myself without new unknown drugs.  Cheers to all of us in our hard fought war through this hell! :smitten:

• 1 year later...
I am eating modafinil and are having severe withdrawal symtomps from oxascand. Can the modafinil make the symtomps worse do you think? (Sorry for bad spelling/writing, hands andbrain doesn't work at all)

I am eating modafinil and are having severe withdrawal symtomps from oxascand. Can the modafinil make the symtomps worse do you think? (Sorry for bad spelling/writing, hands andbrain doesn't work at all)

WTF did you ask??? :o::)  Try writing that again and be detailed and clear. :angel:

This is the drug that the movie Limitless was based on..and is popular with silicon valley types..  Honestly for some people with protracted it may be worth a try, but for most people it would be an unnecessary and dangerous experiment.  Would love to hear if really helps a significant number of people.. 

This is the drug that the movie Limitless was based on..and is popular with silicon valley types..  Honestly for some people with protracted it may be worth a try, but for most people it would be an unnecessary and dangerous experiment.  Would love to hear if really helps a significant number of people..

I would not try it unless you where very healed already and were hunting for that last 10% to full recovery.  Coffee is safer and has a workable half life not 18 hours like MODAF.

Re; caffeine:  The density of cortical benzodiazepine-binding sites associated with GABAA receptors is increased by 65%

REF: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8242688

WTF did you ask??? :o::)  Try writing that again and be detailed and clear. :angel:

English is not her first language and she's saying she's also having severe cognitive/physical issues.  That said, her question still seemed clear enough to me:

(1) She's experiencing a horrific withdrawal from Oxascand.  (2) She's also presently taking Modafinil.  (3) Any thoughts regarding whether Modafinil might be contributing to and/or worsening her withdrawal symptoms.

That's how I read it anyway, hope it helps.

English is not her first language and she's saying she's also having severe cognitive/physical issues.  That said, her question still seemed clear enough to me:

(1) She's experiencing a horrific withdrawal from Oxascand.  (2) She's also presently taking Modafinil.  (3) Any thoughts regarding whether Modafinil might be contributing to and/or worsening her withdrawal symptoms.

That's how I read it anyway, hope it helps.

And the lights go on.  Oxascand  is  'Oxazepam' in Swedish. :laugh:  OK I will answer in Swedish ;D

Hon kan vara i ett utmärkt läge för en stor klippa. Modafinil förklarade helt enkelt "benzo tillbakadragande" i tablettform.

Jag skulle avsluta Modafinil nu (fråga din läkare först)

Sen om benso ger dig mycket mer sedering 3 eller 4 dagar efter att sluta den Modafinil du kan vara i stånd att göra en större benso snitt.

Detta är ett av de tillfällen då du verkligen måste låta dina känslor göra din dos val. Det kan finnas en hel del upp-och nedgångar för att hitta rätt dos efter något så kraftfullt som Modafinil så vara redo att adpat till Whatever Works.

En kraftfull glutamat skördare som Modafinil är förmodligen världens mest populära SGRI eller (Selective glutamat återupptagshämmare) även om det är aldrig kallats att offically det så bra av en beskrivning som något jag har läst hittills.

Glutamat överskott är det som gör oss att känna det värsta i benso W / D så Modafinil är inte en bra läkemedel för att vara på på alla !!!!

And the lights go on.  Oxascand  is  'Oxazepam' in Swedish. :laugh:  OK I will answer in Swedish ;D

I'm going to start charging for translation services.  Here ... Swedish to English:  :socool:  ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She may be in an excellent position for a big cut. Modafinil is stated simply "benzo withdrawal" in tablet form.

I would finish Modafinil now (ask your doctor first)

Then if benzo gives you much more sedation 3 or 4 days after quitting the Modafinil, you may be able to make a bigger benzo average.

This is one of those times when you really have to let your emotions make your shot selection. There can be a lot of ups and downs to find the right dose for something as powerful as Modafinil so be ready to adpat for Whatever Works.

A powerful glutamate harvester that Modafinil is probably the world's most popular SGRI or (Selective glutamate reuptake inhibitors) even if it is never called to offically it as good a description as any I've read so far.

Glutamate surplus is what makes us feel the worst of benzo W / D so Modafinil is not a good drug to be on at all"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's something very interesting.  This quote from your first post 2.5 years ago.  And now go and click on that same Wikipedia link again.  Not even one mention of Gaba anymore.  Not *one*!  Nor glutamate!  :o

But could it be used to help us?  Read on, you decide.

ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil

Modafinil's substantial, but incomplete, independence from both monoaminergic systems and those of the orexin peptides has proven difficult to explain, in contrast to the better-understood mechanisms of stimulants such as cocaine or substituted amphetamines. Alternative mechanisms of action that have been proposed include the activation of glutamatergic circuits while inhibiting GABAergic neurotransmission.[21][116] Enhanced electrotonic coupling by enhancing the effectiveness of direct gap junctions between neurons has also been suggested by several studies.

Instead we now see this:

" Although the mechanism of action of modafinil was initially unknown, it now appears that the drug acts as a selective, relatively weak, atypical dopamine reuptake inhibitor. However, it appears that other additional mechanisms may also be at play."

What say you?  :D>:D:D

Just watched the you tube video  you posted birdman relating to this drug. It seems  the people taking the drug are touting it as a miracle cognitive enhancer. Funny, when Valium came out it was declared to be a new miracle drug. Years later we now have a clear understanding of its side effects and how difficult it is for some to get off of.

I, for one, do not wish to be a big Pharma guinea pig. I have had my share of woes getting off the K. After this hell like experience , I won't be putting anymore brain altering drugs into my body. Ill let neuroplasticity and time heal my brain.

Like Valium , when it was introduced, we don't know the long term effects on the brain from sustained use of this drug. No thanks.

Agreed! I will never trust another pharmaceutical drug. I'm done adding anything else to this sick mix I'm on. I don't know what sxe is coming from what.

Just watched the you tube video  you posted birdman relating to this drug. It seems  the people taking the drug are touting it as a miracle cognitive enhancer. Funny, when Valium came out it was declared to be a new miracle drug. Years later we now have a clear understanding of its side effects and how difficult it is for some to get off of.

I, for one, do not wish to be a big Pharma guinea pig. I have had my share of woes getting off the K. After this hell like experience , I won't be putting anymore brain altering drugs into my body. Ill let neuroplasticity and time heal my brain.

Like Valium , when it was introduced, we don't know the long term effects on the brain from sustained use of this drug. No thanks.

Agreed! I will never trust another pharmaceutical drug. I'm done adding anything else to this sick mix I'm on. I don't know what sxe is coming from what.

Modaf is a "cold turkey" pill.  It's a bit of benzo w/d in pill form for whomever

wants it :sick: :sick: :sick::crazy::idiot::crazy::idiot: