WORLD'S FIRST REVERSE BENZO DRUG - C/T feels like a Benzo

[Bi...]

It’s all based on the assumption that there is down regulation. I don't think our gaba receptors went anywhere I think they got destroyed. There are people like me on short term, I was on two weeks, 14 pills and I’m in paws. That does not sound like down regulation. Windows and waves, setbacks. If you can be feeling better and then go back into withdrawal from antibiotics or whatever, Why would homeostasis Quickly down-regulate you again like that. that doesn’t sound like regulation that sounds like a bad knee or a bad back that you have to be gentle with.

I don’t mean to be negative buuuuut I am lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bi...]

• [Lo...]

• [Wi...]

• [ih...]

I have taken tegretol as one of my medications for many years and what I discovered after tapering down to .5mg of klonopin years back was that increasing my tegretol by one pill (200mg) decreased the hell I was living with substantially. My life returned to being generally normal. Tegretol is a CNS depressor, so if your CNS is in an excited state from benzos, it can help provide relief.

I recently changed my psychiatrist as the idiot who prescribed benzos to me decades ago and didn't believe there was an issue with them lost his license. My new doc said that tegretol is used in helping with benzo withdrawal. If there were any drug that could help, I would say it would be tegretol. I was in a hellish state when I increased mine, and of course I had to not cut after increasing it because it lowers the amount of benzo in your system, but the net result in the end was that I felt a lot better. My sleep improved. The internal tremors I felt or that buzzing feeling I would get throughout my body began to vanish. Hell in the morning from waking up with that adrenaline rush of high cortisol vanished. I took a few years off of tapering as I had been tapering for years and had life stuff going on where I really needed a break. Initially that break did not feel much better due to withdrawal symptoms. But increasing tegretol helped return me to feeling pretty normal. It wasn't instant and there was that initial cut like feeling, but overall, I would say the improvement was dramatic. I'm ready to begin tapering again and knowing that my doctor knows about tegretol gives me the option to talk to her about increasing it should I need to do so because of withdrawal symptoms.

If anyone is experiencing hellish symptoms, I personally would recommend they check out tegretol. I'm not a fan of adding drugs into the mix, but withdrawal from benzos can be quite hellish and being able to return to feeling somewhat normal makes it worth it IMHO.

Modafinil by increasing glutamate could further kindle/sensitize your brain, worsening and prolonging withdrawal.  Also I've taken modafinil and never experienced WD from it.