WORLD'S FIRST REVERSE BENZO DRUG - C/T feels like a Benzo

[Bi...]

Hello Bird,

"I guess what you are saying is the BEST Sleeper pill is maybe one that keeps you 'twice as awake' during the day so you kind of crash into bed at the end of the day"

The very BEST sleeping tablet is no sleeping tablet at all.

" Addiction to excess glutamate?  Is that even possible"

In mice, and remember most receptor work is done on mice and their minced up brains, cocaine-seeking behaviour requires both dopamine and glutamate receptor systems to be intact, but only glutamate is indispensable for cocaine dependence.

I would have been absolutely staggered to find out that Provigil was not addictive.

Take care,

spart x

:thumbsup:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bi...]

• [Lo...]

• [Wi...]

• [ih...]

Trying to fix brain chemistry that was screwed up by a drug by introducing more drugs?

No thanks.

A no vote from me too.

For years there have been many enthusiastic reports about Modafinil and I would be interested in trying it one day but not until I am fully healed from benzos.  That's going to be a long time.  So no Modafinil for me until then.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I'll pass.

Chinook  :tickedoff:

i love this quote Chinook , it is dead on. :thumbsup:

Trying to fix brain chemistry that was screwed up by a drug by introducing more drugs?

No thanks.

A no vote from me too.

For years there have been many enthusiastic reports about Modafinil and I would be interested in trying it one day but not until I am fully healed from benzos.  That's going to be a long time.  So no Modafinil for me until then.

It's something I'd consider after I gave it time to heal on it's own and after everything else failed.  I am pretty sure this pill would feel like a benzo cut most likely.  It's the withdrawal that's the most interesting.  People that have complained of the withdrawal syndrome say things like.

"Can't get up in the morning"

"Lack of alertness"

"Yawning and wanting to nap all the time"

"Emotional blunting"

"Lowered BP"

"Over sleeping"

"Lack of sex drive and motivation"

Of coarse they do not really know how to explain it in terms

we could relate too.  Could they be saying "No anxiety at all"?

People withdrawing from it also report a year or more to get back to normal but it's never traumatic unless the are caught sleeping on the job which happened to one car salesman withdrawing from it. They just do not get a lot of work done or projects finished but no one reports intensive suffering  ;) 

More like :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

That sounds awful to me.  It might not be as miserable as benzo withdrawal, but it sounds pretty close.

No thanks.

A no vote from me too.

It's something I'd consider after I gave it time to heal on it's own and after everything else failed.  I am pretty sure this pill would feel like a benzo cut most likely.  It's the withdrawal that's the most interesting.  People that have complained of the withdrawal syndrome say things like.

"Lack of alertness"

"Emotional blunting"

"Lowered BP"

"Over sleeping"

Of coarse they do not really know how to explain it in terms

we could relate too.  Could they be saying "No anxiety at all"?

People withdrawing from it also report a year or more to get back to normal but it's never traumatic unless the are caught sleeping on the job which happened to one car salesman withdrawing from it. They just do not get a lot of work done or projects finished but no one reports intensive suffering  ;) 

More like :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

That sounds awful to me.  It might not be as miserable as benzo withdrawal, but it sounds pretty close.

I agree. I was hit with a wave of extreme fatigue as the last phase of my Cymbalta w/d. I slept at least 12-16 hours a day plus naps, I could barely get out of bed to get something to eat or drink, it was almost impossible to keep my eyes open. I couldn't get any work done for weeks and I failed a very important exam. I didn't laugh much.

"Lack of alertness"

"Emotional blunting"

"Lowered BP"

"Over sleeping"

You can have all of these symptoms during benzo w/d without adding more chemical substances. I've had all of them, except for the oversleeping.

This modafinil is just another MIND ALTERING drug!  Why, for gods sake, would anyone even consider taking it after a horrible benzo withdrawal..... It boggles my mind. Trying to  play with the brain like its a chemistry set ( to fix the adverse effects of benzos ) is a REALLY BAD idea. We don't know the full extent of how benzos or modafinil effect the extremely complex brain. Leave your brain alone! It will fix itself given enough time.

Using other drugs to try to fix this is playing Russian roulette with 4 bullets in the chamber.

This modafinil is just another MIND ALTERING drug!  Why, for gods sake, would anyone even consider taking it after a horrible benzo withdrawal..... It boggles my mind. Trying to  play with the brain like its a chemistry set ( to fix the adverse effects of benzos ) is a REALLY BAD idea. We don't know the full extent of how benzos or modafinil effect the extremely complex brain. Leave your brain alone! It will fix itself given enough time.

Using other drugs to try to fix this is playing Russian roulette with 4 bullets in the chamber.

Hi Allen,  Not in withdrawal but maybe a year or two after jumping for people hung up in extreme PAWS.    The researcher I talked to was pretty sharp. Talked in levels way above my pay grade in molecular biology topics :)  This is the drug he pointed me too as a possible candidate for benzo paws. 

Yes glutamate is mind altering. I still have a skull-full of it I'm dealing with :sick:

But I guess I'm doing OK with only tinnitus left but MAN it's so nasty loud and its vibrating my ears.  I think I have BPTSD  Benzo Post Traumatic Syndrome Disability.

Ok, I used modafinil very occasionally pre benzos, when I needed to pull an all-nighter. It's been around in university circles for years, although I only know of 1 chronic user, he seems to be fine & not to have developed tolerance, (addiction is another thing though).

I also wrote a review paper on it, several years ago for med school. My review was in response to another paper which was propounding the routine use of modafinil for recovery from anaesthesia. At that time, it was still the case that the precise biochemistry of action was unknown although likely to involve the mechanisms discussed in this thread.

I did try it again in the first year of wdwls, with the aim of knocking out some brain fog. It did do that but I found even a small dose of 100mgs, too speedy so I didn't persevere.

I am still barely tolerating caffeine but if there is some chemical plausibility to modafinil pushing receptor up-regulation, I feel bound to give it another run as I would also love to be shot of the tinnitus.

I have never taken it consistently enough to experience any wdwls & don't intend to take it every day but will try a few consecutive days, first thing in the morning so that it has well worn off by bedtime & let you know how I go.

Ok, I used modafinil very occasionally pre benzos, when I needed to pull an all-nighter. It's been around in university circles for years, although I only know of 1 chronic user, he seems to be fine & not to have developed tolerance, (addiction is another thing though).

I also wrote a review paper on it, several years ago for med school. My review was in response to another paper which was propounding the routine use of modafinil for recovery from anaesthesia. At that time, it was still the case that the precise biochemistry of action was unknown although likely to involve the mechanisms discussed in this thread.

I did try it again in the first year of wdwls, with the aim of knocking out some brain fog. It did do that but I found even a small dose of 100mgs, too speedy so I didn't persevere.

I am still barely tolerating caffeine but if there is some chemical plausibility to modafinil pushing receptor up-regulation, I feel bound to give it another run as I would also love to be shot of the tinnitus.

I have never taken it consistently enough to experience any wdwls & don't intend to take it every day but will try a few consecutive days, first thing in the morning so that it has well worn off by bedtime & let you know how I go.

Hello ihope. 

You say at Oct 2013 almost healed, now another 9 months later how are you doing, are you healed ?

You say the first time you where near healed after 2 years ? So sad to hear cause of personal tragedies you where forced to endure this hell a second time!!! God how did you survive?

Would love to know what it felt like when you recovered the first time and how you feel now ?

Did you ever suffer severe DP DR and if so how did it feel coming back in to reality ?

I am truly amazed you survived this twice..

Bless You

Woofs

Hello fellow experimental animals,

Modafinil  has been around for a long time(first made in the Seventies), it is only one of the many "Smart" drugs trying to push the "Be all you can be" agenda.

It was licensed in 1998 and its use was restricted to narcolepsy...supposedly.

It was however sold, using hard-core scientific vehicles like the film "Limitless", as a performance-enhancing drug with no side-effects and no potential for abuse, a clean amphetamine, the 21st-century cocaine.

And then the usual happened. Unacknowledged, key opinion leaders in the medical profession and skilful use of the mass media expanded its uses off-label into all the lucrative markets of amphetamines...ADHD, the military, NASA, students, shift workers, pilots, alcohol and cocaine addicts, sportspeople(I wouldn't be too surprised if Lance-baby got on this bike)...everyone really.

The first decade of this century was the usual voyage of discovery with a new drug. It was very like benzodiazepines being the new, improved problem-free barbiturates...until they weren't.

In 2010 the European Medicines Agency predictably tried to put the genie back into the bottle by banning its use in children and restricting its use in adults to narcolepsy on the grounds that this was the only condition in which there was proof that the effects of the drug outweighed the serious side-effects.

And these side-effects were, suicidal thoughts, depression, psychosis, life-threatening skin reactions, the potential for abuse and addiction, cardiovascular effects including high BP, palpitations and tachycardia...(heavy theatrical sigh and the odd roll of the eyes).

http://www.salient-news.com/2010/09/provigil-cephalo/

If drug companies ruled the world, and I suspect they might, when you met someone you would not say, "How are you?", you would say, "What are you on?"

Peace and Love,

spartacus

cool post Spartacus,

thanks for sharing your knowledge , research and wisdom. i have learned a lot from you,

hopefully others will as well.

i hope your suspicion about drug companies ruling the world won't become true, for the sake

of our next generations . i wish they will be able to say 'how are you',

Big Pharma will have lost their power. :)

Hi Ihope,

That was what I was going to try too. I did not want to get hooked.  A few days on and few days off.  A week on and a week off. Then two weeks on and then off and then never more than a month at a time with long breaks.  I figure if it has any shot at gabaA up-regulation it will become evident soon enough. 

The one side effect I found very interesting was the lack of sound which some people referred to as loss of ability to hear distant sounds or as a 'hollow sound' as if a paper cup had been placed over their ears. One fellow in withdrawal from Modafinil said when the birds chirped they sounded too bassy with not enough shrill highs any longer and that the world seemed dull with no vibrant color. This points to under-activity in the hearing center and eyes where as we have too much bio-electrical activity.  Taking the drug would be a bummer I am guessing, the payoff could be in the withdrawal (that's a new one :laugh:)

One thing I hate is the 15 hour half-life making it almost useless unless you take it at 6AM or sooner, like you said "first thing in the morning". No kidding ;)

I will not even consider testing it unless I'm VERY darn good and stable and only as a last resort to knock out any long nagging symptoms possibly caused by lack of full gabaergic healing.

Thanks Ihope for posting  :smitten:

If drug companies ruled the world, and I suspect they might, when you met someone you would not say, "How are you?", you would say, "What are you on?"

Peace and Love,

spartacus

I love it  :laugh:  spartacus your the best.  Do not worry, i'll do it slow and careful when the time comes.

From THE BIRD LADY, Pimping herself out in

the name of benzo recovery sciences  :laugh:

Peace and Love,

spartacus

I love it  :laugh:  spartacus your the best.  Do not worry, i'll do it slow and careful when the time comes.

Hiya Birdy. The part you quoted from Spartacus's message reminds of the old 60s movie Barbarella.  Now that was a weird movie!

Braban,

I just saw that you are off benzos effective last month.  Congratulations!  Hope you are doing well  :smitten:

WWWI

Peace and Love,

spartacus

Hiya Birdy. The part you quoted from Spartacus's message reminds of the old 60s movie Barbarella.  Now that was a weird movie!

Benzo withdrawal is also most as weird as Jane Fonda in that flick  :idiot::laugh:

Hello fellow experimental animals,

Modafinil  has been around for a long time(first made in the Seventies), it is only one of the many "Smart" drugs trying to push the "Be all you can be" agenda.

It was licensed in 1998 and its use was restricted to narcolepsy...supposedly.

It was however sold, using hard-core scientific vehicles like the film "Limitless", as a performance-enhancing drug with no side-effects and no potential for abuse, a clean amphetamine, the 21st-century cocaine.

And then the usual happened. Unacknowledged, key opinion leaders in the medical profession and skilful use of the mass media expanded its uses off-label into all the lucrative markets of amphetamines...ADHD, the military, NASA, students, shift workers, pilots, alcohol and cocaine addicts, sportspeople(I wouldn't be too surprised if Lance-baby got on this bike)...everyone really.

The first decade of this century was the usual voyage of discovery with a new drug. It was very like benzodiazepines being the new, improved problem-free barbiturates...until they weren't.

In 2010 the European Medicines Agency predictably tried to put the genie back into the bottle by banning its use in children and restricting its use in adults to narcolepsy on the grounds that this was the only condition in which there was proof that the effects of the drug outweighed the serious side-effects.

And these side-effects were, suicidal thoughts, depression, psychosis, life-threatening skin reactions, the potential for abuse and addiction, cardiovascular effects including high BP, palpitations and tachycardia...(heavy theatrical sigh and the odd roll of the eyes).

http://www.salient-news.com/2010/09/provigil-cephalo/

Peace and Love,

spartacus

Thanks for the information great post Spartacus!  They are all dirty drugs!

Have been feeling plenty stimulated without any psychoactive substances for the last few days so have deferred any modafinil experimentation. Working out the excess revs with extra hiking.

[82...]

Have been feeling plenty stimulated without any psychoactive substances for the last few days so have deferred any modafinil experimentation. Working out the excess revs with extra hiking.

Sounds much healthier than more drugs.  :thumbsup:

I rather believe what DROFMINDLLC on Youtube- Dr. Mark Winer says regarding Nuvagil. Sure it sounds good but didn't Klonopin at one time too before it took me into the underworld of Psychosis and seizures 10 years later with pure hell to enure doing that all that time without having a clue that my prescribed medicine was making so deathly sick to the point of multiple suicide attempts to escape the misery.

All new drugs promise fewer side effects and less danger than their predecessors, and every time we find out they're really no different from what came before.

I've said this before, but "science" got us into this mess, and it will not get us out.

I rather believe what DROFMINDLLC on Youtube- Dr. Mark Winer says regarding Nuvagil. Sure it sounds good but didn't Klonopin at one time too before it took me into the underworld of Psychosis and seizures 10 years later with pure hell to enure doing that all that time without having a clue that my prescribed medicine was making so deathly sick to the point of multiple suicide attempts to escape the misery.

Hello ihope. 

You say at Oct 2013 almost healed, now another 9 months later how are you doing, are you healed ?

You say the first time you where near healed after 2 years ? So sad to hear cause of personal tragedies you where forced to endure this hell a second time!!! God how did you survive?

Would love to know what it felt like when you recovered the first time and how you feel now ?

Did you ever suffer severe DP DR and if so how did it feel coming back in to reality ?

I am truly amazed you survived this twice..

Bless You

Woofs

Hi Woofs,

I'm definitely continuing to heal. Haven't had a benzo flu in ages, the main residue now is tinnitus which may be the aftermath of a real flu, I caught at the beginning of our winter.

The first recovery was close to complete when I was put on the Cipro & I think the antibiotic reaction then the second round of benzos caused a kindling factor which has made this recovery that much slower.

I only had one short period of very bad DP/DR, after I tried to cure the Cipro side effects with Phenibut & wdwls from that caused the scariest mental sx I ever had.

I had taken inositol consistently since the first benzo wdwls & I think that may have helped me avoid the mental wdwl symptoms as I did not suffer any real anxiety etc, just completely disabling physical symptoms.

I have a lot of work needed to put my life back on track & currently under major financial stress so I am experiencing situational anxiety occasionally when contacting the tax office, applying for jobs etc but this is just natural anxiety. I find the mindfulness I learned during wdwls, helpful for dealing with this discomfort.

I have not been a purist in recovery. For me, it was important to start shaping a balanced life which included having red wine with dinner & not getting too focussed on avoiding foods, even though my gut is still a work in progress. Caffeine has been the exception to that as it can still set off glutamate surges so limit it to 3 or 4 cups of caff coffee a week & buckets of decaf the rest of the time.

Everyone's recovery trajectory is different but your time will come. Even with the insult of double wdwls, our bodies want to return to homeostasis, we just have to allow them the time, (I still shake my head at how inconceivably long it takes though).