WORLD'S FIRST REVERSE BENZO DRUG - C/T feels like a Benzo

[Bi...]

Wouldn't climbing Mt Everest feel like a benzo wd? And coming back alive in one peace would feel like taking a benzo?  ;)

Hitting your hand with a hammer is benzo withdrawal and when the pain goes away that's healing :laugh:   

Keep smacking those hands, it feels so good when the pain goes away  :D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bi...]

• [Lo...]

• [Wi...]

• [ih...]

There were two brothers called Wax and Wane. They couldn't live without each other. Wane was very calm and composed, while Wax was moody, irritable, and confused. Then, Wax started irritating Wane, and Wane was getting more out of control, which made Wax even worse. After a while. Wane decided to ignore Wax to regain his emotional sanity, which made Wax all the more angrier. Finally Wax went on a short vacation, while Wane decided to stay at home. Still, he couldn't bear one day without Wax, so he went to Dr. Max. Dr. Max said: Here's something called a Zen-Axe that will help you deal without Wax. But the Zen in an Axe had more Axe than the Axe had the Zen. Pretty soon, Wane needed the Zen-Axe, and so did Wax. But seeing his brother Wane getting worse, Wax started playing Sax and slowly dropped his Zen-Axe. Then Wax noticed what was wrong and thought, "When I was insane, Wane was sane, but he is now insane, while I am in-sane". Wax helped Wane in a way only a brother can, and over time Wane became also sane. THE END.

Just came up with it. Trying to become creative again. I never fully appreciated how strong my creative powers were pre-benzo, until I got on them, and started getting off of them. Trying to beat those creativity zappers....

Just came up with it. Trying to become creative again. I never fully appreciated how strong my creative powers were pre-benzo, until I got on them, and started getting off of them. Trying to beat those creativity zappers....

I liked it but half way through I was Waxing and Waning if I should continue reading ;D

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P  :laugh::thumbsup:

:smitten:

I am eating modafinil and are having severe withdrawal symtomps from oxascand. Can the modafinil make the symtomps worse do you think? (Sorry for bad spelling/writing, hands andbrain doesn't work at all)

WTF did you ask??? :o::)  Try writing that again and be detailed and clear. :angel:

English is not her first language and she's saying she's also having severe cognitive/physical issues.  That said, her question still seemed clear enough to me:

(1) She's experiencing a horrific withdrawal from Oxascand.  (2) She's also presently taking Modafinil.  (3) Any thoughts regarding whether Modafinil might be contributing to and/or worsening her withdrawal symptoms.

That's how I read it anyway, hope it helps.

Ok, lets give this a serious look. 1mg Lorazepam = 20mg Oxazepam. 1mg Clonazepam = 40mg Oxazepam. The lowest dose for oxazepam is 5mg. What dose is this this poor lady trying to get off of?

Curious to what her Modafinil dose is vs the Oxazepam. Theoretically, Oxazepam shouldn't be as harsh as the big three (Xanax, Klonopin,Ativan), but it is still a short-acting benzo. I wonder what came first in her situation. Modafinil or Oxazepam?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil

China[edit]

In mainland China, modafinil is strictly controlled like other stimulants, such as amphetamines and methylphenidate, and not approved for medical use.[100]

Russia[edit]

In Russia modafinil is Schedule II controlled substance like cocaine and morphine. Possession of few modafinil pills can lead to 3—10 years imprisonment.[101]

Doping agent[edit]

Sports[edit]

The regulation of modafinil as a doping agent has been controversial in the sporting world, with high-profile cases attracting press coverage since several prominent American athletes have tested positive for the substance. Some athletes who were found to have used modafinil protested that the drug was not on the prohibited list at the time of their offenses. However, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) maintains that it was related to already banned substances. The Agency added modafinil to its list of prohibited substances on August 3, 2004, ten days before the start of the 2004 Summer Olympics.

Cocaine addiction[edit]

Modafinil is under investigation as a possible method to treat cocaine dependence, for several reasons involving biochemical mechanisms of the two drugs, as well as the observation that clinical effects of modafinil are largely opposite to symptoms of cocaine withdrawal.

http://www.focuswish.com/modafinil-vs-adderall/

Sounds like this Modafinil stuff is some sort of God-Awful stimulant. And we know all too well what happens when CNS stimulants and CNS depressants are taken together.....

Could this lady's withdrawal fom oxazepam actually be the stimulation from Modafinil. The more I read about this Modafinil stuff, the more it sounds like some crappy stimulant like Adderall.

But I am just speaking from my own genetic predisposition. My body just couldn't tolerate a stimulant like that. I was too anxious to begin with......

The most stimulating thing I ever took was Effexor. Goodness gracious, that was harsh. But it didn't feel like benzo wd. It felt more like being extremely caffeinated and full of energy, but in a very scary kind of way. No benzo flu/fatigue symptoms at all. No mental symptoms except for "God, this is just too overstimulating".

The most stimulating thing I ever took was Effexor. Goodness gracious, that was harsh. But it didn't feel like benzo wd. It felt more like being extremely caffeinated and full of energy, but in a very scary kind of way. No benzo flu/fatigue symptoms at all. No mental symptoms except for "God, this is just too overstimulating".

ahhhh Effexor! Took it 3 days and had exploding head syndrome and zero sleep. That drug scared me!

ahhhh Effexor! Took it 3 days and had exploding head syndrome and zero sleep. That drug scared me!

I know. The thing was that I wasn't on any medication/substances, etc. etc. when the doc Rx'd it to me. I was in my early 20's, back then. So, my central nervous system wasn't affected by anything else, and still.......

Someone should PM the Swedish girl.  She's not coming back here so she probably did not hit the "Notify me of replies" button being a BB beginner.

I took modafinal about 18 months ago for 3 days and I could feel my whole body slipping back into a nasty cold turkey.  This stuff is just like a form of benzo withdrawal which is stimulating. 

The real weird part is that MODAF users  doing a C/T feel very mellow when they quit and they sleep too much and feel like they took a fist full of benzo's for a very long time.

Some of these folks sleep so long and so deep they pee in their beds and can't get up the energy to get up and eat or drink and they get very dehydrated and lose lots of muscle mass.

They can be protracted in this sleepy disjointed nightmare state for 1 or 2 years proving one thing!  DO NOT MESS WITH THE BRAIN'S GABA OR GLUTAMATE SYSTEMS AS THEY ARE THE MOST UNFORGIVING!  (Also proving never C/T anything not even vitamins!)

MODAF is the "ANTI-MATTER" of Benzo's (Benzo's evil opposite twin)

If I ever needed pain relief for whatever reason I would do low dose opiate's as they have always been the most forgiving drugs for me to withdraw from out of all drugs!  Easy to taper and no weird withdrawal syndromes.

All other drugs are just brutal!  To name a few, Cocaine, X, uppers and downers are all just brutal in withdrawal if done habitually.

Thankyou for helping me. I have not here for a while because my hands are cramping and I can hardly type. But short story I quit oxazepam in september from 200mg to 0 in a few weeks. I was already on modafinili. Between 200 to 400 mg a day. I started modafinil after a gastricbypass surgery because I get so sleepy when I eat. Dumping syndrome. But now I am thinking that the modafinil worsens the horrible benzowithdrawal symtoms. The shaking and tremors are the worst. I can hardly stand or sit and is mostly bedridden because all my postural muscles aare trmbling so much. And my brain is foggy and depressed. But I am glad for all support here. It is wonderful to find people who really undersstnds. And I hope my brain and hands start cooperating soon so I can type properly.

Sounds like hell on earth!  The last thing we need is more glutamate right now as it has excitatory  properties.  Conversely, gaba has inhibitory properties. So, while this new drug may have a withdrawal that feels like being on benzos, first one has to take it for some time and reach tolerance before withdrawing.  Sound like a horrible idea to me. Consumer beware.

Katz09899

Thankyou for helping me. I have not here for a while because my hands are cramping and I can hardly type. But short story I quit oxazepam in september from 200mg to 0 in a few weeks. I was already on modafinili. Between 200 to 400 mg a day. I started modafinil after a gastricbypass surgery because I get so sleepy when I eat. Dumping syndrome. But now I am thinking that the modafinil worsens the horrible benzowithdrawal symtoms. The shaking and tremors are the worst. I can hardly stand or sit and is mostly bedridden because all my postural muscles aare trmbling so much. And my brain is foggy and depressed. But I am glad for all support here. It is wonderful to find people who really undersstnds. And I hope my brain and hands start cooperating soon so I can type properly.

Taking modafinil while in B/Z W/D is like pouring gasoline on a fire and expecting it to go out.

Larizza, what is your heart rate (pulse) and blood pressure. Is it high? Low? Normal?

I would be worried about heart risk in this situation. Stopping a benzodiazepine elevates blood pressure and heart rate in many people, and it seems that a stimulant drug modafinil would increase the heart rate and blood pressure, too.

A common wisdom is that every psychiatric drug should be tapered, but if one rapid tapers a high dose of a benzodiazepine, would it be better to get Modafinil to some lower dose, or even stop it?

But if she drops Modafinil too quickly, will her blood pressure get too low? Honestly, if I was in her situation, I'd go to the hospital and explain....

My doc wants me to stop take modafinil. But she doesn,t believe in this long withdrawal syndrome. That scares me because I fear some horrible neurogical disease. But it is a comfort to read about other peoples experiences. I will quit modafinil anyway. btw pulse and bp are fine according to my doc.

Larizza, some great points raised by LF.  :thumbsup: 

I agree.  Before stopping the Modafinil, I think it would certainly be very wise to do some careful research regarding any tapering and withdrawal issues.  And about your doctor, sigh, we all hear you ::), the majority of us are all here in the same boat.  It's still early days since you quit the oxazepam, I'm so sorry you're having such an awful time and hoping you find some relief soon.  You're not alone by any means.

:smitten:

My doc wants me to stop take modafinil. But she doesn,t believe in this long withdrawal syndrome. That scares me because I fear some horrible neurogical disease. But it is a comfort to read about other peoples experiences. I will quit modafinil anyway. btw pulse and bp are fine according to my doc.

larizza, let us all know how this helped you.  It will help everyone here now as well as all the future people in trouble.  BB has a high Google rank so people in trouble can find this topic easy.

Get well soon  :smitten:

Birdie

• 3 weeks later...
This is NOT a anti Benzo. Benzos block acetylcholine release in the amygdala causing acetylcholine up regulation. Modafinil doesn't do anything to acetylcholine.

This is NOT a anti Benzo. Benzos block acetylcholine release in the amygdala causing acetylcholine up regulation. Modafinil doesn't do anything to acetylcholine.

Maybe some nicotine to down regulate acetylcholine would be needed.

All I know is Modafinil is pure TORTURE to take if your not 100% healed and then what's the point if your healed?  The best part of my modifinal testing was quitting it!!  It put me into a wave for sure. :idiot::sick: :sick: :sick:

Hi. Would you know more about this ? I know clonazepam definitely affect acetylcholine.

Clonazepam obviously affects acetylcholine, possibly in more than one way.

The effects of anticholinergic drugs ... The fogginess I get when trying to add diazepam ...

• 3 years later...
[23...]

The rule of homeostasis is firmly rooted in the truth that altering brain chemistry leads to new adaptions and even new gene expression.

WOW! Quite profound. Is it true? I hope it is.

I hope you are around to answer. I always admired the knowledge and research you exhibit in your replies to topics.

How are you doing otherwise?

BTW I'm not trying modafinil after reading your own negative experience with it. Prior to reading your post (and this thread), I was considering trying it. Like for you, for me the mild opiates seem to be the kindest. I prefer codeine or tramadol. Are they mild or is it my bias? Anyway, who cares.

In reading about this pill, it does not seem helpful based on my limited knowledge and personal experience,

I have never taken  Modafinil, which from what I understand increases  glutamate.  If I understand correctly, Glutamate is an excitory neurotransmitter in the brain that tends to get out of wack when you taper benzos.  Thus it increases anxiety.  I have been taking 10 mg of Namenda/menantine a day.  This med moderates glutamate.  I have found that taking it while tapering reduces my anxiety.   

Different pills work differently for different people.  If this Modafinil helps you, it is defintely worth pursuing.

Some ppl with ME/CFS find this helpful.

Others, like me, find Benzos helpful.

My brain is already awash in glutamate.

If I could I would take Memantine for benzo withdrawal.

It does the opposite  - blocks some glutamate.