FLIP'S FREEDOM

[Fl...]

I am in a wave and someone just alerted me of this and I am crying, I missed you Flip but I needed time away from BB's and to get in touch with everyone seemed to overwhelm me but I always thought of you every day and hoped you were healing more and more.

I will now have a read but I am absolutely ecstatic to hear you are healed, it was a long journey I know.

I am so happy for you, I remember when you posted about being able to answer the phone again and people watch, that was such a long time ago and since then you have became benzo free and now you are healed... it's just wonderful.

Well done, enjoy life with Mr Flip and make up for all that time lost, I am sure you will.

Big congratulations, you made it !!!!!!!!!

Oscar  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oscar, Ive missed you, friend. We sure did some soul searching together, didn't we? I read that your cat died and I meant to send condolences and just never did. I hope you are finding some peace in your heart by this time. My pup is getting on in years and even though Ive been through this many times, my soul feels weary at the thought.

I hope your wave has passed and that you are feeling more positive.

Thank you for your heartfelt congrats.  You made my heart warm.

:smitten:

Flip

That was indeed an inspirational story.  I hope you achieve your dream of becoming a therapist specializing in benzo recovery.  We need therapists trained in this area.  Many thanks for taking the time to write your story.

Hugs,

Rabbit

Thank you, Rabbit. Its still a couple of years away and I will be certain to let everyone know if I make it or not. Either way, Ill come back here and say how its going.

Good luck to you as you continue your taper. I hope you're making friends here. They saved my life!

Flip

Wow I really needed to read this, thank you for posting it, it gives me hope. So happy you are doing well  :smitten:

Oh, sweetie, you brave heart. What you just went through makes my toes curl. Im glad you got reinstated and can now do your own "proper taper". I don't know you well, yet, but Ive noticed that one thing you certainly have in your favor is an appreciation of humor. That is such a positive thing. It absolutely got me through the darkest times.

Somewhere, we have a Party Thread going that by now has thick cobwebs. I think you would be a great one to go find it, dust it off and start using it. I think its under Chewing the Fat. If you need help finding it, let us know.

You WILL make it. If you can just figure out a way to love even a little piece of your life right now, it will see you through. Time, sweetie, time and more time.

Flip

Flip!!! :clap:  Fantastic Success Story.  I can't thank you enough for the hours of distraction and education that I received reading your posts here, especially during my taper.  You and Donna, Lisa and Molly and others on that crazy party thread also gave me many a needed laugh in an otherwise lonely and isolated day.  You're a huge asset to BenzoBuddies and I thank you for your valuable contributions to the forum.

I'm so happy for you girl!  :thumbsup:

Love,  :smitten:

Juliea

AWWW, thank you dear Julia. Those were the days, weren't they? It was a very great pleasure to write the story because I like the ending, you know? One quote that Ive kept forefront in my mind through this is,

"Own your story...then you can write the ending".

Thanks for all you do here, Julia. You guys behind the scenes are the heroes, no kidding. I know that we have no clue how hard you work.

Flip

Wow, Flip, just wow is all I can say!

Yes, wow, Mrtmeo... being free is a wow, isn't it? You asked a question on my blog that Im just going to answer here. You wanted to know my worst symptom and how long did it last. I have to say its a collection of things that occur together which include the whole cog fog, DR or DP, uncertainly in public and anxiety. Let me just say I haven't felt that collection for at least a month and before that it was getting more and more sporadic where before it was constant, unrelenting, 24/7. I honestly used to go touch the trunk of a tree to see if it was real and if I was real.

Blessing on your journey.

Flip

Flip that was a fantastic story. I'm just sorry that you had to suffer so much.

It's thanks to you that I discovered "The Vodka Solution"!

Thanks for so much,

Okatz

Truly inspiring! Wonderful...I will read and reread ur story as I start to taper. Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

Thank you, Ingrid. I hope your taper goes well and that you do find encouragement in the many stories of success.

Such an amazing story Flip. I will always be grateful to you for the help you gave me at the very beginning when I was full of anxiety and confusion, but look at me now - I'm almost done......:)  :smitten:

Dear Flip, what a wonderful success story. And that is truly what you are. I am so very proud of you for going back to school to make a difference. What an amazing person you are. I know people that are still taking these drugs and many other drugs too. They cant seem to see that they feel the way they do because of the drug. I am so happy for you that you saw what was happening to you and took the road less traveled to be healed.

You said that you and your husband were broke. The truth is you are far more richer. You now have your life back and also what you learned on the way is invaluable. Everything you said is what we on this forum can relate to. How blessed we are to have each other. I am grateful for you Flip. Thank you for sharing your story it means the world to me.

Love Jackie :smitten:

Jackie, I can hardly wait for you to write your story! I clearly remember when you were crossing over from Xanax and went to a very high dose of Valium, then just steadily came down until you were off. You KNOW hard, my friend. No one needs to tell you about hard.

Yes, riches are mine in ways that far exceed money. To feel like planting flowers, to pause and look up at the sky and feel this rush of well being that just makes me tear up, to see something so beautiful outside that I say "Oh" involuntarily and to be so thankful I can feel again. That is wealth. Money will come. I already have wealth in health and in my friends and family. You guys are like friends AND family. We are survivors together and those kind of bonds are the strongest!

Much love, friend,

Flip :smitten:

Such an amazing story Flip. I will always be grateful to you for the help you gave me at the very beginning when I was full of anxiety and confusion, but look at me now - I'm almost done......:)  :smitten:

Yes you ARE almost done Diaz! And what an incredible asset you are to this forum. Ive lost track of the number of times Ive sent people to you for you sound, rational advice on cutting and medium and hormones. I have always appreciated your evenness and your kindness to others as they struggle.

I look forward to your jump day, and then your full healing day!

Flip

Im going to bed, now. My intention is to answer everyone. I want to be clear and present when I do.

The messages Ive received have been so healing to me. I feel so grateful to everyone who has taken the time to stop by with memories and congratulations and love. Who knew that deep and genuine respect  could be felt among forum members. Its true, though.

Ill be here. Im going no where except to take care of daily life and school. Everyone have a good night.

Flip

Flip, your success story is wonderful  :) I've always read your posts and followed your blog, but never posted much to you. I admire you and always felt safe when i read your blog. You welcomed everyone who reached out.  :smitten: Your story is truly remarkable and you are such a beacon of light and hope for everyone behind you. As a not quite healed person, but much better (some of the time  :P), success stories mean so much, yours in particular. Thank you for sharing your story. Enjoy your freedom!

Wow Flip, i take my hat off, lost for words , must go and read it again.

thank you for sharing, my complete admiration. :)

Hello dear Flipster :)

I was told to get my ass over here and read your success story and am so glad that I have read it. You have always been honest with me always and I thank you for that :)

The times I have pm you and you spend your precious time replying this is what I call a friend.

Tears were rolling down my face as I read this and thought to myself okay Duck if a dolphin can have a life after what she went through then so can I. It is still early days for me but I have noticed things do get better. And after reading what you wrote well you have said it all.

I have always said that we look up to you dear Flipster it is because she is so tall :) well taller than me. And was I right after reading what others have wrote.

So I thank you for being here not just for me but all of us from my heart.

Duckster :smitten:

Flip, your success story is wonderful  :) I've always read your posts and followed your blog, but never posted much to you. I admire you and always felt safe when i read your blog. You welcomed everyone who reached out.  :smitten: Your story is truly remarkable and you are such a beacon of light and hope for everyone behind you. As a not quite healed person, but much better (some of the time  :P), success stories mean so much, yours in particular. Thank you for sharing your story. Enjoy your freedom!

Thanks, Getting,

I know you will begin to feel better and better. It's confusing that we don't follow a definite time line, isn't it? It's so helpful to compare how we felt a year ago to how we feel now and then imagine what next year might bring! I have kept a journal throughout this process and each morning I look back at last year to date. It really lets me see how far I've come.

Please do stop in to the the blog, Getting. The people who make it what it is are so welcoming. It truly is like a coffee shop, a gathering place. I go off for days at a time, leave the front door open and people just come on in and  enjoy each other's company. They will welcome you, I'm certain.

To the healing ahead for you!

Flip

Wow Flip, i take my hat off, lost for words , must go and read it again.

thank you for sharing, my complete admiration. :)

Thanks Claudia. Just know that my journey is not unique or special and that we are all walking this difficult healing path. We will all get there eventually, including you!

Flip

Hello dear Flipster :)

I was told to get my ass over here and read your success story and am so glad that I have read it. You have always been honest with me always and I thank you for that :)

The times I have pm you and you spend your precious time replying this is what I call a friend.

Tears were rolling down my face as I read this and thought to myself okay Duck if a dolphin can have a life after what she went through then so can I. It is still early days for me but I have noticed things do get better. And after reading what you wrote well you have said it all.

I have always said that we look up to you dear Flipster it is because she is so tall :) well taller than me. And was I right after reading what others have wrote.

So I thank you for being here not just for me but all of us from my heart.

Duckster :smitten:

Hey Duckster - it's good to see you beginning to play around on the forum. Just think how far you've come in the last year! You are getting there, friend.

Alas, though, I'll always be taller than you! Well, unless I get osteoporosis! Yikes!

Hang in there Duck.

Flip

Flip

What a remarkable story of healing! Wishing you the best in your new life.

Bart

Thank you, Bart. I have always respected the way you did your taper. I think it was the most intuitive one I've ever seen and you completely separated yourself from expectations. It's gratifying and encouraging to see that you are feeling so well!

Flip

Dear Flip, I am so happy for you. 

When you and the other folks came to BenzoBuddies from another site that had recently closed, I was so impressed by the way in which you encouraged, and assured them that everything was going to be okay.  You were like the proverbial mother hen, tending to her flock, making certain that no one got lost.  It was obvious to me that they had a lot of admiration and respect for you.  And so do I.   

Describing your struggle, as you journeyed from the bottom of the pit to the top of the mountain is sure to inspire the many folks who are still courageously fighting to reach that happy milestone, when they too, can write their success story. 

You have given them the hope and the impetus to never give up.  Your words will encourage them to keep on pushing forward, no matter what the odds.

Flip, we have shared fun times, and we have shared serious times.  Knowing you has been an awesomely amazing experience, because you are an awesomely amazing person.  I wish you all the joy and happiness in the world.

pj  :mybuddy: 

PJ,

Your words touched me deeply. We have certainly shared some great times, from your wonderful raps on the party thread where you wove everyone into the narrative so gracefully, to our chiding each other over our football teams.

Most of all, PJ, I appreciate how you continue to stay here and post kind words of hope and support to the throngs that flock to your success story. I think your example is what made me decide to answer everyone personally as I can. People are scared. We were scared. Hope is such a precious thing right now.

You don't say a lot about yourself (characteristic of you) but I do hope you have times of contentment and even more times of joy in your new life.

You are one class act, my friend. It's an honor to know you and a thing of beauty to witness your empathy and kindness.

Flip

Tears of relief and joy!! No words can really say what it means to read your success story Flip.

I have always considered you the bedrock of this place, and have looked to you as a beacon in my own personal journey.

I am humbled and thrilled at the same time to be able to call you my friend.

I'm so happy for you - please know that you have all of my best wishes for a beautiful and fulfilling second half of your life.

Love,

M.  :smitten:

Aww, M, :smitten:

Thanks for your words. Thanks for the many middle-of-the-night conversations we have had. I always appreciated your lively mind, your perspective on life and that you found many other things to talk about when we were just tired of talking about how we felt. You were able to engage that one working brain cell I had left and I thank you.

We are both getting full life back. I'm not sure about second half, though. It might be more like final quarter, but I'll take it! I can see more clearly now. There is no time to waste on regret or anger. If I hold the mirror just right, I can see this benzo experience has been a gift in some ways. Perspective of what matters has certainly changed, hasn't it?

We are celebrating survival! Onward we go, M. I think it will be beautiful!

Flip

All I can say is BRAVO! You deserve a wonderful life... :thumbsup:

Jazzy. :smitten: thank you. YOU deserve a wonderful life, too. We ALL do!

Hello Flip,

Thank you for writing this wonderful success story!

I wish you much happiness and I am so very pleased to read this story, it is inspiring.

Wishing you much success and happiness.

Love from Lib x  :smitten:

Lib, you are so gracious. I know you still suffer deeply, which makes your words very special. It takes a huge heart to be able to genuinely be happy for someone who is feeling better when you, yourself are still struggling mightily. Thank you, Lib.

I look forward to the day when we see your thread in the success stories and it WILL happen. That will be a celebration!!!!

Flip

What a remarkable and beautifully written story Flip, it brought tears to my eyes.

I'm thrilled that you are now feeling so well and I wish you continued healing because you so deserve it !

Thank you for sharing this amazing story  :thumbsup:

Love Debbie  :smitten:

Thank you Debbie and it is my pleasure to share my story. It did not go unnoted that it was the anniversary of Waitings death. I feel truly humbled to have made it through, as I know you do.

I continue to admire your welcomes to the newcomers. You give selflessly here. Thank you.

Flip

Flip -What a beautifully written success story. It's truly inspirational. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us.  It is healing to read it. Thank  you!

Mark, I hope for years to come, people will read how we all won this battle and will take heart and keep inching forward. Thank you for your words.

Flip