Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Heart Palps Support Group

[Co...]

Hi all,

Had to make a striaght switch from V back to K yesterday to see if V is the culprit of this 6 week fever. But even before that palpitations are insane. 2 doctor visits today. Pulse was 117. BP 161/98, Saturation only 93.

You sound panicky, and I've been there.  The one visit I made to the ER was right after my taper .  It was about blood pressure.  My doctor had said to go to the ER if it got to 190/90 and it did.  I was taking my BP off and on during the day.  Readings were all over the place.  I was scared and that made the BP go higher.  Went to the ER and was diagnosed with a panic attack (it wasn't a true panic attack) and offered Klonopin.  I didn't take it.

If you're taking your blood pressure frequently, try to stop.  Your doctor's reading should be good enough, though it probably reads higher there than resting at home.

Palpitations are very common in this.  Mine sometimes hurt, they beat so hard.  That scared me, too.  Sometimes I counted more palpitations than regular heartbeats in a minute's time when it was at its worst.

I also had all the symptoms of a heart attack in women.  All of them.  Had a full heart eval by a cardiologist (ultrasound, EKGs, treadmill stress test a year after my taper ended.  I waited that long because I was afraid to hear the bad news about my heart.  But, not only cleared of any problems, the cardiologist said my heart was in better shape than most my age.  So not a bit of damage.  I've seen some people speculate that the palps strengthen the heart.  I have no idea.

My heart won't stop this. Pulse in 60's before all of this not even this bad while crossed over to V since May 12th. All this DESPITE BP meds and Propanolol.

WHAT GIVES??? Had a stress test in April was fine. ER a few mornings ago, no heart attack. Heart fine. BP and Pulse quite normal at ER.

You anxiety is through the roof is my guess.  All the evidence shows your heart is fine.  Your body can't calm itself easily right now and in your place I'd start working on bringing anxiety levels down.  Lots of ideas here on the forum.  It's chemical…your body is used to being calmed by medication and as the doctor said, you've been through a lot of medication changes.  Doctors are pretty good at body stuff.  Basic stuff.

I AM not eating. Gut bad. Drinking though. Diarrhea.  Dehydrated? But I can't be. My pee is very light or even clear.

HELP!!!

Mo

Good, you're not dehydrated and that's important.  You may have benzo belly issues going on or maybe this is a bug of some kind, maybe it's due to anxiety.  I can only make uneducated guesses about this. 

Other people here have had lots of intestinal issues.  I'd post in Withdrawal Support and ask.  I had intestinal stuff going on but not those particular ones. 

So you're 24 hours into the cross back to Klonopin now?  This is going to be okay, I think some of this is panic, M.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wo...]

• [Ha...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Challis but not all of it. Very sick with no explanation and ruined the visit with the one doc I needed most. Read my other post please. I am extremely upset.

I dunno what to tell you Mozart.  If you've had the work-up then things are likely ok.  If your not eating, your going to be dumping huge amounts of cortisol and epinephrin in your system which wont help you maintain a steady BP / heart rythm.  My palps (both pvc's and pounding) get way worse when Im hungry. 

Stay away from anything with MSG.  Do your research on other things.  Chamomile tea was a HUGE aggrivator  of my palps.  it's tastey and calming on the mind, but it's also a vaso-constrictor.  30 mins after i drank a cup I'd feel like I had congestive heart failure my heart would pump so hard.  Scared the crap out of me until I made that connection.

Assess EVERYTHING your taking into your body.

You need to address your digestive issues too.  Poor digestion = poor intake of nutrients from your food.  Low nutrient counts also contribute to cardio symptomology (did I just make that word up?).  I know benzo belly is difficult.  Have you tried drinking keifer for a few days to bring your gut flora up?

Thanks g33k. I don't do dairy. I do take probiotics. Been very sick for couple months. Fever for which no one can find source. When I saw infectious disease doc yesterday and told him about c/o, k and v, and PTSD he didn't test or pursue a thing. He chalked it up to medication changes. He dismissed me. I am enraged.

I have zero appetite. Can't eat.

Mo

My palps are still here after 19 months off... however msg, alcohol, some hot foods or eating late at night all bring them on... it really sucks.. I take attenolol as need if they hit me... I'm 85 to 90 percent healed if these wpuld go.away...

My palps are still here after 19 months off... however msg, alcohol, some hot foods or eating late at night all bring them on... it really sucks.. I take attenolol as need if they hit me... I'm 85 to 90 percent healed if these wpuld go.away...

Hi all,

Haven't been here for a while,don't want a be a bummer but others have had same deal.

Just completed 16 months since jump on the 10th and yep still getting them.Since last Dec only had about 4 or 5 .

For the last 3 weeks a lot of the sxs are resurfacing.Insomnia,leg twitches and cramps,jittery and nervousness,toothaches,BP higher than normal.

But I thank the Lord for large windows before this new segment.

I beleave that some have popped up because of stressing out over daughte's wedding this Friday.

This morn bent down to pull up some weeds on front walk and that set them off.They lasted longer

than usual,about, 45 min.  Cold water head dip twice did no good,as in the past.

I forgot about the neck nerve massage thing and that and or prayer set heart back to normal.

Hang in there buddies,this will all end in its own time not ours.

Wishing bearable sxs and quick recovery to all

Shalom,

aj

<><

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd ask has anybody gotten palps that only come when you are slightly stressed and then leave as soon as the situation is over? 

Thanks Nomne

Nomne, I have them all the time but that is a situation that has happened to me a lot. My cardiologist told me something interesting. he said we have two triggers for palps. One in the brain, and one in the gut. I'm lucky enough to have both! Yay me!

The good thing is since my anxiety went away I haven't had any of those kind of palps. Now I only get the ones related to eating. I even get stressed and I don't get them. I noticed the other day I had a heated confrontation with someone and didn't have one weird heart beat.

Thank you for answering wondernova you have given me hope.. I thought I had them under control with bsm and v8 but the dang things hit me when say I stop to talk to someone.. and then leave when I leave ...guess I should be thankful they leave.. it's just very frustrating and down right scary to me..

Hopefully with time they will go for you and me.

Nomne

Hi all tachycardia  BB

Well at 16 1/2 months still getting them.i have been in a wave last 2 months after doing pretty good and thought this was all over.Averaging about 2 1/2 hrs sleep and all day heebee Jeeves and bad leg twitches.

I have notice that when bend down to pick up cat dish or something off ground,it sets them off,

140 to 150 BPM .Cold water head immersion doesn't work any more.They only last about 15 min compared to 30 to 45 when first got them July 8 2014 which led me to a trip to ER .Thats seems to be an old story here.Since then found out thru here on forum and this thread the skinny on this very annoying disconcerting WD SXS.  This time sat in recliner and did deep breathing ,which may have stopped them .

Just adding info so others may have peace of mind knowing ,it ain't heart problems,just WD SXS

THIS TOO SHALL PASS !

Be well and fast healing to all

Shalom,

aj

<><

Hi

I woke up and happened to check my heart rate it was 60 and two hours later after breakfast it's been 88 or 89 ...... Just took off for no reason....must add that I ate muesli today over the normal eggs that I have everyday....could there're a connection....it's been freaking me out...

Love

Bey

Did anyone find your heart palps and chest pains got worse as you got lower? I'm at .45 Ativan a day now, and chest pains, blood pressure spikes and heart palps have been the worst side effect for me. I got into a groove for awhile, though, and they got better (as well as could predict when I'd get them.)

it's three weeks since my last cut (held due to work and personal stuff), and the last few days they've  been really bad again luckily my bp is already on the low side of normal, so when they spike it's just going to normal (highest has been 120/75). But they still are awful and keep me from being able to be too active.

One side note, I had been taking magnesium (400 mg a day) and recently stopped that. I'm guessing maybe the magnesium was helping more than I realized, so started back up yesterday. Seemed to have a slightly better morning, and we'll see if it helps when I take it at lunch.

Any thoughts appreciated.

I swore I was taking a week off and not posting here.... that was before now... I have what I call heart palps... can feel my heart flop or stop or what ever.. almost use to them.. had heart checked in April 2014  and all was fine.

But today, something new.. I have been feeling faint t on and off.. noticed it mostly after I bend over.. I was loading dishwasher and here came the faint feeling .. to be proactive this time I threw on a cuff to see if pressure was low.. it was fine but heart rate was 116.. usually it's high 60s. Low70s...it went down after a while

But I made the mistake of visiting dr Google who said over 100 is tachycardia and can be real serious.. so now I'm taking my pulse waiting for the fatal beats...  is this going to kill me? Normal?.. anybody got anything, I can hold onto?

Thanks

Nomne

Well totally normal, don't bend over squat... yes the fear and ocd thinking go hand in hand.. same thing happens to me 20 months out during waves...

Nomen, what us bsm? What do others do to help with their heart palps and chest pains? And finally, should I wait until mine calm down a bit before continuing to taper?

Hi bballgal,

bsm is black strap molasses.. some people think it helps with palps... I'm at a point where I think maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.. a month ago I thought that and v8 kept them very light and infrequent... the last month in a wave I don't know if I just am more sensitive or they are worse..

sorry I can't help with tapering.. I think there's a place for taper questions

Good luck and good healing

Nomne

Hi bballgal,

bsm is black strap molasses.. some people think it helps with palps... I'm at a point where I think maybe it does and maybe it doesn't..

I use it for growing plants and the reason it's good for them (and us apparently) is because it has a ton of chelated macro/micronutrients in it, especially high in phosphorous.

I've never head it specifically being used for heart issues (though technically it should be because of the nutrients in it) but I do know it's brilliant as a standalone powerhouse of nutrients for humans.  It definitely works wonders on plant-life and also makes coffee taste nice to me.

I'm getting hit with bad palps today (the sound of an email just coming in just sent my heart racing) but a propranolol is helping with that for now.  Long-term I'm still researching better, natural solutions to lower my BP.

How are you doing today, nomne?

3 :hug:

Three,

just came from dr who gave me propranolol.. how does that work for you?

He gave me 10 mg on an as needed basis.. as I told him I'm not going on some thing all the time.. I would rather deal..

or not....

not for racing beats.. don't have that.. just missed beats/ thumps

thanks,

Nomne

btw never heard of bsm for plants.. interesting

The big thuds and pauses are likely PVCs.

Little twitch feelings are often PACs.

Both are considered benign by most cardiologists. 

Sudden racing of the heart could be whats called SVT in a normal healthy person, but it could also just be panic. We are NOT normal healthy people.    If it calms down after 10-15mins your good.  Anything over 130 for more than 30 mins and you should consider calling a public health nurse or 911 for advice on what to do next.  Or go down to the local ER and get advice.  TRUE, I say TRUE,  SVT for longer than 45 minutes is a definite call to paramedics.  You have to be converted back to normal rhythm with medication or by shocking your heart.    Heres a great video about methods to self convert out of SVT.  In the end the kid in the video has to call paramedics to help him anyways. 

100 BPM is nothing though.  When I was in interdose withdrawal to zopiclone, I went to the ER 3 times with a HR approaching 190 at it's highest.  Doctor  didnt do anything with it other than say lay back and relax.  He said if it goes on for too long or goes above 200 then he'll intervene.    It came down on it's own.

My friends baby was born with Wolf Parkinson White syndrome and has had measured HR's approaching 300 bpm.

The human heart is a beast of a machine!    It can take a lot of punishment for short periods of time. 

oh and regarding chest pain..............  Ive had ALL sorts of chest pain during taper and post taper.  it comes and goes in waves. 

My svt.or rapid beats can last hours at 100 to 120... its miserable... scary as well. I take attenolol as needed only for this and a half tablet usual works..

G33k, great info. So is atrial fibrillation different from pvcs, pacs, etc. I'm seeing a cardiologist in Sept. to try and figure mine out (heart palps, chest tightness, chest pains). I've had lots of heart tests over the last few months and everything has been fine, but the pains scare me the most. It was better for awhile, but I can't seem to stabilize since my last cut. And if I'm too active the pain really kicks in until I rest. Was that the way it was for you when you had chest pains?

A fib is different than PAC/PVCs for sure. If your PAC/PVCs are benign, they're not anything to worry about. A fib needs to be treated, as far as I understand. Also, I'm pretty sure there are troubling symptoms that come along with A fib.