Important Survey - Please Participate ×

~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Fruitypop don't be sorry for anything you need reassurance and to feel better.  Praying you get over the covid soon and your wd improves.  You have had to suffer way too much.

Becks I hope you keep improving.

Prayers and hugs❤

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Becks Dianne and Fruity

Becks I hope you don’t have COVID. But you’re right everything isn’t COVID. I know there’s a strange cold going around and the flu plus weather change can make you have cold symptoms. No way of knowing unless you get tested. Are you vaccinated?

Fruity, what Dianne said is right. You shouldn’t feel bad for expressing that you’re sick. That’s what this forum is for. My heart goes out to you and I’m wishing you feel better soon. Good sign that your fever is broke. Rest and rest.

Dianne how are you doing? Getting ready for the holidays?

Thanks Lady I am not sleeping so it is making everything unbearable. Do you know of any success stories where someone was bedbound a long time and is covered? I need to find hope in something.

Hi Ladyden,

I'm doing ok lots of anxiety and stomach burning just trying to take one day at a time.  I'm doing my Christmas shopping online I don't like to go anywhere if I don't have to.  I told my family if I ever get my life back I'm going to keep the road hot🤣.  How are you doing?  You are always so encouraging and supportive to.  I hope today is a good day for you.

Hugs❤

Thanks Lady I am not sleeping so it is making everything unbearable. Do you know of any success stories where someone was bedbound a long time and is covered? I need to find hope in something.

Hugs!  I know how horrid it is.  Just hang in there, it will get better. 

Some of my favorite stories:

Bedbound:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=222698.0

Healing after severe protracted symptoms (You have to scroll through the comments to get her whole story)  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=237150.10

Healed after 22 months from severe symptoms:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84857.0

Hi Marie,

Hope today is a good day for you.

Hugs❤

Hi Diane,

Thank you so much.  I hope you had a good day too.  My day ended up being better than I thought it would be, so I will take it :thumbsup:  I had the chance to spend a couple of hours again with my daughter ( in my PJ’s…LOL) and we laughed and had a good talk again.  Oh yeah, I see you shop on line too.  Isn’t that such a great option for us now. YAY! So easy.  Thankfully for us we aren’t doing a big Christmas this year. Instead we are going to plan a ski trip in February (if I can, I may have to “hold”).  The extended family understands and so it all is working out and the kids (two adults and my youngest almost 18) are going with their dad and family, so just me and my partner.  What about you? 

Hugs too :hug:

Marie

Hi Marie,

Hugs❤

Hi Diane,

Thank you so much.  I hope you had a good day too.  My day ended up being better than I thought it would be, so I will take it :thumbsup:  I had the chance to spend a couple of hours again with my daughter ( in my PJ’s…LOL) and we laughed and had a good talk again.  Oh yeah, I see you shop on line too.  Isn’t that such a great option for us now. YAY! So easy.  Thankfully for us we aren’t doing a big Christmas this year. Instead we are going to plan a ski trip in February (if I can, I may have to “hold”).  The extended family understands and so it all is working out and the kids (two adults and my youngest almost 18) are going with their dad and family, so just me and my partner.  What about you? 

Marie

Hi Marie,

I am so happy for you that your day turned out good and enjoying time with your daughter.  Yes so thankful for online shopping during this time.  A ski trip sounds like fun I have only been water skiing I think snow skiing would be awesome.  Our kids and grands will spend Christmas with us we always have a big time just wish I felt better hopefully next year.  You sound like you are doing better I know you are ready. 

Sending you hugs❤

Debbie

Hi Marie,

Hugs❤

Hi Diane,

Marie

Hi Marie,

I am so happy for you that your day turned out good and enjoying time with your daughter.  Yes so thankful for online shopping during this time.  A ski trip sounds like fun I have only been water skiing I think snow skiing would be awesome.  Our kids and grands will spend Christmas with us we always have a big time just wish I felt better hopefully next year.  You sound like you are doing better I know you are ready. 

Sending you hugs❤

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I should clarify on the Ski trip.  I won’t be skiing. I am no way ready for that, and that will be so hard.  I love skiing and I miss it, but I am so out of shape, and I don’t even know if I will be up to going.  We are “planning” it.  Based on “if” I can go, and probably will have to hold, or be dropping slow and not experiencing the sx I am right now.  Right now, or recently I haven’t been doing very well and I am trying to fix this.

Water skiing is another one of my favorites and I use to do it all the time.  I would love the chance to get back on a ski, who knows, right?  When you are healed, you should try and snow ski…..life is short, and you can do it “easy” and slow and on the bunny hills and if you take to it, then advance.  Or at least snowmobile if you haven’t tried that.  It’s a blast.  Sounds like you will have a nice Christmas with your family.  I know what you mean about “feeling better”, and yes, hopefully next year.  Hopefully next year we can be on here and posting that we feel really good and encouraging others  :thumbsup:

Marie :smitten:

Oh Marie,

I'm sorry I hope you will feel like going just being there would be nice for you. ❤  I hope you will start feeling better very soon I just hate this for everyone.

Yes you are so right I need to do that.  I haven't ever made a bucket list but I think its time! 

I'm praying that after the first of the year I can increase my taper rate I'm holding for now.  I hope 2022 is our year.  ❤❤

Debbie- It’s a good idea to hold for the Holiday’s.  If we were doing the big Christmas this year, I would be holding too.  I will most likely hold or be going really slow in February so we can have a family trip (it’s important to my youngest).  Yes, I am Praying too! 

Lady-  I hope everything is going well for you too, and that you are doing well today.

Fruitie- How are you feeling?  Is your cough any better? 

Sage- Hope you are doing well today too….

Becks- How are you?

Anyone else, sorry if I forgot to mention you…..BB’s send me a shout out if I did!

Marie :smitten:

Thank you Marie. Hope you’re doing well too. Thank you for being so kindly supportive. Today I’m going to attempt to go outside for some sunlight. I had a televisit with my doctor yesterday. She’s not happy with me being in this bedridden state still. She wants me to restart physical therapy to prevent muscle atrophy. And funny thing is she tried to offer me meclizine for my boatiness :laugh  I told her my neurologist said all that can be done is wait it out letting my brain heal itself.  Sadly that’s all we can do to heal.

Hello to everyone.  :smitten: Hope today is a good day for you all.

Fruity yes I’ve read success stories of people being bedridden a longggg time and they’ve recovered. That’s how or why I’m not so worried about being like this. As a matter of fact, I was out of this bed for two months from April to June. I was out of the bed every day for most of the day. I took resting periods but didn’t have to. So yes I know if that happened then it can happen again.  :thumbsup: What is frustrating and scary is how long this takes. But if we can keep our focus on the goal instead of what’s going on currently then we do a lot better. It helps to keep stress at bay. Stress makes us worse. I’ve read other people’s stories on other sites as well. Including a cardiologist that went through this. She was bedridden as well. Her name is Christy Huff I believe. Also there’s a Dr Jennifer Leigh who went through this too. You can google those two. They’re both completely healed after being very bad cases. How are you doing with COVID?

Dianne I also agree that you can hold for the holidays. I’m very proud of you for what you’ve accomplished already. You are a warrior so don’t forget that. I am also holding on to hope that 2022 will be our year! I’m so ready girl I’m so ready!

Becks how are you doing? How’s your cold? Hope you’re keeping warm and drinking plenty of fluids. Love you

Sage thank you for replying to Fruity for me. Very sweet. How are you doing now? Did you have trouble with dry eyes during recovery? Mine occur at random when I wake up. But not every morning. Also random burning eyes. The minute I think this symptom is gone it pops back up. It’s mild but annoying.

Thank you Marie. Hope you’re doing well too. Thank you for being so kindly supportive. Today I’m going to attempt to go outside for some sunlight. I had a televisit with my doctor yesterday. She’s not happy with me being in this bedridden state still. She wants me to restart physical therapy to prevent muscle atrophy. And funny thing is she tried to offer me meclizine for my boatiness :laugh  I told her my neurologist said all that can be done is wait it out letting my brain heal itself.  Sadly that’s all we can do to heal.

Fruity yes I’ve read success stories of people being bedridden a longggg time and they’ve recovered. That’s how or why I’m not so worried about being like this. As a matter of fact, I was out of this bed for two months from April to June. I was out of the bed every day for most of the day. I took resting periods but didn’t have to. So yes I know if that happened then it can happen again.  :thumbsup: What is frustrating and scary is how long this takes. But if we can keep our focus on the goal instead of what’s going on currently then we do a lot better. It helps to keep stress at bay. Stress makes us worse. I’ve read other people’s stories on other sites as well. Including a cardiologist that went through this. She was bedridden as well. Her name is Christy Huff I believe. Also there’s a Dr Jennifer Leigh who went through this too. You can google those two. They’re both completely healed after being very bad cases. How are you doing with COVID?

Dianne I also agree that you can hold for the holidays. I’m very proud of you for what you’ve accomplished already. You are a warrior so don’t forget that. I am also holding on to hope that 2022 will be our year! I’m so ready girl I’m so ready!

Becks how are you doing? How’s your cold? Hope you’re keeping warm and drinking plenty of fluids. Love you

Sage thank you for replying to Fruity for me. Very sweet. How are you doing now? Did you have trouble with dry eyes during recovery? Mine occur at random when I wake up. But not every morning. Also random burning eyes. The minute I think this symptom is gone it pops back up. It’s mild but annoying.

Yeah, I've been having the dry eyes lately.  Not a fun symptom.  Really hope Fruity is okay, I'm worried.  :-\

FruityPop, are you bedridden?  And how is your incontinence problem you mentioned?

Hi yes completely bedbound. My incontinence is still a problem. It’s mostly from dry heaving so much and I can’t hold my bladder or now from coughing so much I can’t hold my bladder. It’s a lot of urine that comes out not just a little dribble. I got some different pads they work a little better but no the problem has not resolved. My core and pelvic strength  is gone from laying down for months. I have faith the incontinance will resolve once I am able to be up on my foot and gain strength in the pelvic floor.

Sage thank you so much for success stories. It’s so hard to find good ones that are inspiring but don’t scare you. My fever has been gone a few day I just have this relentless cough and burning in the chest. The cough just won’t let up. I am in a lot of pain the physical pain and heaviness is so severe but this was a symptom before covid. I feel like 1000 lbs cement slabs laying on my body. It causes alot of fear and panic like why am I so severely disabled. I am very dizzy in the head. It’s hard to talk and type here.

I hope everyone is having a blessed Saturday.

Thank you Lady! I know of both of their stories. Can you share what other sites you are reading stories from? I could use some hope.

Hi -

Lady, glad to see you today too. I was a little worried about you as well.  I would imagine your doctor is somewhat discouraged, and doesn’t really understand.  So many GP’s, don’t really understand this complicated “brain injury” from these medications and the recovery that can take place.  They can only understand a physical brain injury.  Are you going to do the PT?

Fruitie- Good to hear from you too.  It is worrisome when someone has COVID.  I’m sure when you’re able to stop coughing you will regain some of your bladder control.  And maybe when you get over COVID and are feeling better you can do some Kegal’s, to help with your pelvic floor, because those you can do laying down  :thumbsup:  I’m sure it is very frightening to feel like all that weight is on your body.  I am so sorry.  Saying a Prayer for you right now.  :smitten:

Hi to everyone else and I hope you have a good day too.  :smitten:

Marie

FruityPop, are you bedridden?  And how is your incontinence problem you mentioned?

Hi yes completely bedbound. My incontinence is still a problem. It’s mostly from dry heaving so much and I can’t hold my bladder or now from coughing so much I can’t hold my bladder. It’s a lot of urine that comes out not just a little dribble. I got some different pads they work a little better but no the problem has not resolved. My core and pelvic strength  is gone from laying down for months. I have faith the incontinance will resolve once I am able to be up on my foot and gain strength in the pelvic floor.

Sage thank you so much for success stories. It’s so hard to find good ones that are inspiring but don’t scare you. My fever has been gone a few day I just have this relentless cough and burning in the chest. The cough just won’t let up. I am in a lot of pain the physical pain and heaviness is so severe but this was a symptom before covid. I feel like 1000 lbs cement slabs laying on my body. It causes alot of fear and panic like why am I so severely disabled. I am very dizzy in the head. It’s hard to talk and type here.

I hope everyone is having a blessed Saturday.

Oh, I feel so bad for you!  I know how horrid it feels.  The cough tends to hang on a long time.  I remember that burning was so intense.  I just hated it so  much I just wanted tear out my insides!  It will get better with time.  But I can just imagine how frightening it must be to be that weak and in so much pain.  Big hugs!  I hope this passes soon.

Ladyden thank you for your encouragement you are always so positive and supportive. I sure hope things improve for all of us very soon.  I hope you were able to get outside in the sunshine.

Fruity I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Marie I read your progress report today that is awesome that you were feeling better.

Sage how are you?  I bought some gingerroot I was so hoping it would help my stomach but oh my I couldn't keep it in my mouth. 😥  I'll give it to my SIL he puts it in his juicer.  I am so glad you can use it and it helps you.  I can't seem to find anything that helps.

Praying for a better tomorrow for all of us.

❤ Debbie

Sage- It is amazing how we can remember such a bad “cough” or illness or experience.  I got something on Nov 2, 2019 and it was a cough/virus/fever.  It wasn’t Influenza, but pretty close.  I coughed until February/March.  I coughed so bad I actually started to tear the muscles in my stomach and there was bruising.  They had to give my muscles relaxers and some pain medicine.  Then in January we all got Influenza A, and I thought, oh no, if this goes to my chest I for sure will end up in the hospital, because I was still coughing from the virus.  Thankfully it didn’t and I beat the Influenza pretty quickly, but the cough like I said went into February/March.  Then another time I got Influenza in 2005, and it went into pneumonia and I coughed for a couple of months and was so weak.  So it is just amazing how the “fear” can stay with you, and it truly is scary when your lungs are on fire, and for me the coughing was so bad I had to brace myself against the bed.  SCARY STUFF.

Do you feel yourself getting better ?  Do you have an residual cough still?  What is your worst symptom/symptoms? 

Marie

Hi Debbie-

We were posting at the same time.  Yes, I am feeling a better today and yesterday.  I will take it.  :thumbsup:  I just hope it has to do with my med’s and me slowing things down.  If I just have to go slower, then that is what i will do. 

Too bad that ginger didn’t work for you  :(….. Bummer.

Hoping for all the best for you and everyone else too.  It’s just about time to watch a movie with my guy  :thumbsup:

Marie

Sage- It is amazing how we can remember such a bad “cough” or illness or experience.  I got something on Nov 2, 2019 and it was a cough/virus/fever.  It wasn’t Influenza, but pretty close.  I coughed until February/March.  I coughed so bad I actually started to tear the muscles in my stomach and there was bruising.  They had to give my muscles relaxers and some pain medicine.  Then in January we all got Influenza A, and I thought, oh no, if this goes to my chest I for sure will end up in the hospital, because I was still coughing from the virus.  Thankfully it didn’t and I beat the Influenza pretty quickly, but the cough like I said went into February/March.  Then another time I got Influenza in 2005, and it went into pneumonia and I coughed for a couple of months and was so weak.  So it is just amazing how the “fear” can stay with you, and it truly is scary when your lungs are on fire, and for me the coughing was so bad I had to brace myself against the bed.  SCARY STUFF.

Do you feel yourself getting better ?  Do you have an residual cough still?  What is your worst symptom/symptoms? 

Marie

I only cough very occasionally now.  Most of the time my lungs feel okay, thankfully.  Sounds scary what you went through!  I have had pneumonia too, and it's no joke.  Weakened my lungs for good it seems.