~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

I understand the stimulation I feel better when it's just my husband and me but I hate not enjoying company.  I'm glad she was nice and helpful for you.

Thank you today has been a little better.

😊

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have nights where they are hit with so much pain burning adrenaline surges sweating that they just can’t sleep? It like every hour adrenaline and it doesn’t let up it pretty terrifying. I don’t want to trigger anyone but this just seems impossible.

Fruity I’m glad you have a caregiver. Mine is great too. She’s been with me a month now. I was the same as you when she started as far as being a little anxious. It’s all because they’re a stranger. What helped me to relax about this is seeing mine as a friendly nurse. It will get better over the next couple of times she comes. While she’s there just tell yourself this is the help that you need and tell yourself that you’re grateful to have someone. I’m having adrenal surges also this morning in this wave. All you can do is breathe through each one of them repeating the word CALM in your head as you breath slower controlled breaths.

I know you’ve heard conflicting advice on your taper. At the end of the day, this is YOUR decision to make. But here’s what I know from my experience and from what Dr Ashton as well as other benzo experts have said…Holding should only be if it’s necessary to stabilize for a short while. Then taper should be resumed. You will not feel good either way. Holding is not supposed to be done with the hope of getting to the point that you feel good. This is what Dr Ashton said. She also said some people even when holding won’t feel better. You have to make a decision on how long you will hold. I’ve also read that some felt better when they went ahead and reduced. So it seems that the results are individually rendered. No way of knowing how you will do on each reduction. But, at some point you will have to reduce. When ? It is up to you. When I hit a wall in my taper, I made a rule of no longer than 4 weeks no matter how I felt. I stuck by this rule. And strange enough, I did feel better once I reduced. That’s just my personal experience and I was tapering Ambien. Which is different from what you’re tapering. I just wish you the best. Sit down relax and make the best decision for you. Big hugs

Thank you for your nice response I am to sick right now to give a thoughtful reply but wanted to ask if you have ever tried Dramamine for your dizziness?

Hope you are doing better today.

Are any of you bedridden from fatigue even tho you sleep plenty? I sleep through the night sometimes 8 - 12 hours and I still can't get out of bed

Fruity I haven’t tried Dramamine but I did try a small dose of hydrocodine ( Percocet I think) and it was a DISASTER! It’s best to let the dizziness run its course uninterrupted. Dizziness/boatiness/ unbalanced is very common. If you’d like to get some input to help make your decision then try the dizziness thread. I’m also on that thread. Go through and read the posts.

Dman I’m not bedridden from fatigue. Mine is from vestibular symptoms. But there are some that have been bedridden from fatigue. It’s common. To get some insight, go to the top of the right corner and type in the search bar fatigue or extreme fatigue  :thumbsup:

Ok I will check it out thank you. How about something for dry heaving? I think the Dramamine for me would be more for nausea. I dry heave violently several times a day and today peed the bed because I had a full bladder when it happened.

Deadman- I am bedbound from Pots extreme heaviness weakness snd lots of adrenaline surges. I do not sleep well either.

Ok I will check it out thank you. How about something for dry heaving? I think the Dramamine for me would be more for nausea. I dry heave violently several times a day and today peed the bed because I had a full bladder when it happened.

Deadman- I am bedbound from Pots extreme heaviness weakness snd lots of adrenaline surges. I do not sleep well either.

I have pretty bad POTS too but I feel like I can push through that some days but the fatigue and dizziness are what really cripples me

Hang on everyone. We just have to hang on. Sending you all feel better wishes.

Fruity don’t feel bad about bed wetting. This happens to many on here. Most don’t talk about it. I admire your bravery. As far as dry heaving, I’m sure what to do. I do know peppermint or ginger helps with nausea. Maybe crush some peppermint candy into tiny pieces and suck on them throughout the day. Peppermint or ginger tea….decaf please.

Dman it’s strange how each of us have a couple of symptoms that are the worst. Those seem to take longer to heal. Just believe that they will. Meanwhile be careful navigating around. 

I have pretty bad POTS too but I feel like I can push through that some days but the fatigue and dizziness are what really cripples me

Did you have POTS before tapering?

FruityPop, hope you feel better soon.  Dry heaving all day?  That's really sad.  I'm sorry.

Becks how are you doing? Are you able to get around much today? Go outside for fresh air?

Hi BB’s - I hope you all had the best weekend you could have. 

The dry heaving can be the worst.  I would rather just throw-up.  I have seen Dramamine discussions on the forums, I can’t remember what they said.  Obviously it’s an individual choice. 

I’m down sometime, just because I am just so fatigued…..it’s hard to explain to my family, but the fatigue can be overwhelming.

Check back in soon.  Take care my friends  :smitten:

Marie

Marie I hope your weekend was good too. Mine was decent at times and a little rough. Being bedridden of course I didn’t do anything but just try to do what I could. I managed to sponge bathe by myself and walked a little bit. So that’s an accomplishment. I’m wondering if I should push myself a bit more. The problem is that my physical symptoms don’t give me much room to do that. So I feel trapped. I even considered starting up physical therapy again but how can I do that if I can’t even walk much or stand long. So I’m going to start today with some bed exercises. I was doing those but waves have been kicking my butt so I couldn’t.

I completely understand about your fatigue issue. I also understand about your family not getting it. Mine don’t either except for one of my DILs. She gets it because she has come over to help me off and on and seen it for herself. Scared her so bad. She’s angry that my family treats me like this when I need help the most plus I’m going through a divorce on top of this. I’m alone. I’m usually positive about it all but today it’s really bothering me. But I’ll share with you what helps me to deal with my family. I leave them be. To think what they want. I accepted that I can’t make them show me love and support. The ones who help me sometimes I’m grateful for that. I’m in such bad physical shape that I had to hire a caregiver. Embrace those who are there for you in whatever capacity they give. Because the stress of being upset over the ones who don’t isn’t worth making us feel worse. Doing this is very hard especially if it’s our own children that don’t call, don’t text, don’t come visit, etc. wow it does hurt! But, it is what it is. I’ve got to keep my focus on my healing above all that. I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with this issue as well. Sending you big hugs. I’m glad we at least have each other here.

Kanoba darling im sending you love back! ❤️ I’m thankful for you too. It’s buddies like you that keep me going on my toughest days…like today. I thank you for this post. I really needed that. I’m here for you too. May your thanksgiving be wonderful.

Has anyone found anything for digestion? I just threw up all my lunch violently. I took some digestive enzymes for the first time today because I thought it would help but I wonder if that I why I threw up. I have been having fevers daily I am guessing a histamine response it. Ones on everytime I eat and my heart rate goes high and I get burning. Food used to be the thing that really calmed me and it getting harder to tolerate it. Maybe I am eating to much in one sitting. I have hypoglycemia and when my blood suagr drops I kind of panic eat maybe more than I can handle in one sitting or who know maybe it was just the digestive enzymes. I also am looking into taking a DAO support of anyone can let me know what kind they take. I wonder if holding is working against me. I am considerable worse than tapering but scared to start again. I will be moving in with my mom.

Hi Fruitypop,

I am so sorry.  I haven't tried digestive enzymes but I try probiotics and they made me sick with vomiting and diarrhea.  I tried two different times to make sure that's what it was and yep.  Its recommended that you should eat 5 to 6 small meals a day maybe try that and see if it helps.  One buddy said she would fix her meal eat part of it then eat the other part of it an hour later.  I hope you find something that helps.

I'm thinking I belong in this club maybe.  I guess it depends on your definition of bedridden.  I can get up to do essentials, but I spend most of my time either in bed or in the recliner.  It's a depressing way to live.  Hopefully it won't be for too much longer.