Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

When you hit the quote button and then want to reply, you need to scroll down to where the quote ends and then post your reply beneath that.  It's confusing for me to see who is writing what when you write inside the quotes. 

Hello Team Z, Happy 2022!!! I wish you all your dreams come true. Or simply that you get dreams back in your life due to getting off the drug/s. UGH and HAHA

So I woke up at 3:30 after 5 hours of sleep but stayed in bed for 3 more hours listening to podcasts that were inspiring. I started working part time at home in the Fall but now plan to switch that to part time in an office. Makes me very uncomfortable at times and I worry how will I cope when I don't sleep well. That's okay, I know I don't have to be nervous really. I'll do more than get by. I have come this far only to GO FARTHER!!! To make up, even, for things lost to over 20yrs on ambien. That requires some work on my part which I'm grateful to have the chance to do.

I chose to do no sugar January. Yesterday I really didn't like that idea, today I woke up liking it. So, if I do fall off I'll get back on but for today setting my life up to succeed.

How's your year starting off??? I will say, again, that I LOVE curable.com for helping me with all my symptoms as I tapered. The foundation there is neuroplasticity and it's what we are doing here ... we are healing our brains and changing our neural pathways. I joined the app and listened when I woke up too early ... following the recommendation of using the app 3 X a week to affect my neural pathways. THANK YOU DEANNA for this huge gift you gave me by talking about it here. I believe the healing path offered there is for both phsyical and mental healing and am revisiting it now as I feel the stress of job hunting and not using sugar to sooth me.

Coming here to say what I was doing and how I was doing were so important to me and I LOVE when others do the same!

Wishing you healing and JOY!

Cheers All :thumbsup::smitten::clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh Kachina it gives me great joy to think I helped you in any way possible  :smitten:

I too keep going back to Curable principles as I think they are at the heart of changing our life for the better.  I do wonder where the benzo damage ends and the neuroplastic journey needs to continue in order to get back to my pre-benzo life.  No matter.  I will just keep working on it!!!

Happy 2022 to ALL!!! May this be our year  :thumbsup:

Good morning Team Z!

Kachina very nice post. It sounds like you have some good coping tools in place to keep you going. I’m glad the curable is helping you. Even though you are nervous about being in an office working, I think you will enjoy it. You’re a very smart lady who knows how to get things done.  :thumbsup: I’m so proud of you! It might take you a few days to get settled in but you got this! If you can help it, don’t give the nervousness a stage to perform….ignore it.  :thumbsup: 5 hours of sleep is pretty decent. I’m sure you’re still surprised that you sleep like that without ambien. The brain does know what to do. It just takes a little time to return to its normal state. I’m hoping the new year is kicking off very well for you too. No sugar is a good start IMO. It’s normal to miss it at first. Hopefully it will prove to show you good benefits. Thanks for sharing.

Love and hugs 🤗🌹❤️

Deanna You know how when there’s something important to say and you don’t want to mess it up so you practice in a mirror? That’s what I’m going to do when it’s time for my success story  :laugh: I also feel this will be our year! I’m so grateful and excited. Let me get my “ shout out” list ready  :laugh:

Everyone else….what’s going on in your world? How are you doing? Update us please.

Oh Kachina it gives me great joy to think I helped you in any way possible  :smitten:

I too keep going back to Curable principles as I think they are at the heart of changing our life for the better.  I do wonder where the benzo damage ends and the neuroplastic journey needs to continue in order to get back to my pre-benzo life.  No matter.  I will just keep working on it!!!

Happy 2022 to ALL!!! May this be our year  :thumbsup:

Awe, so nice Deanna!!! Yes, curable is about neuroplasticity and it explained to me why being part of a support group like BB helps in healing the brain. We are all having our brains repaired in this journey! I look forward to hearing more rewards from members as time moves on! Happy New Year Deanna!!

Good morning Team Z!

Kachina very nice post. It sounds like you have some good coping tools in place to keep you going. I’m glad the curable is helping you. Even though you are nervous about being in an office working, I think you will enjoy it. You’re a very smart lady who knows how to get things done.  :thumbsup: I’m so proud of you! It might take you a few days to get settled in but you got this! If you can help it, don’t give the nervousness a stage to perform….ignore it.  :thumbsup: 5 hours of sleep is pretty decent. I’m sure you’re still surprised that you sleep like that without ambien. The brain does know what to do. It just takes a little time to return to its normal state. I’m hoping the new year is kicking off very well for you too. No sugar is a good start IMO. It’s normal to miss it at first. Hopefully it will prove to show you good benefits. Thanks for sharing.

Love and hugs 🤗🌹❤️

LadyDen! You are such an awesome cheerleader!!! Thank you, always, for your kind words and encouragement. Yes, 5 to 7 hours is decent. I'll take it and I'll take it over using meds ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!

The Brain IS returning to it's old state. I think no sugar is getting easier, knock on wood. It could be a good longterm habit but for now one day at a time.

Can't wait to hear your Joys getting bigger in the new year LD!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Deanna You know how when there’s something important to say and you don’t want to mess it up so you practice in a mirror? That’s what I’m going to do when it’s time for my success story  :laugh: I also feel this will be our year! I’m so grateful and excited. Let me get my “ shout out” list ready  :laugh:

Everyone else….what’s going on in your world? How are you doing? Update us please.

Hello Team Z,

Week 2 of the new year, how's it going??? Who is here, how is your taper? Let us know, we want to hear and cheer you on during your taper!!!

How are my X-ambien users?

I start a new job today, part time, near my house so no big commute, relaxed as i worked a temp job there for 3 weeks this Fall. And I got 7 hours of good sleep, falling back to sleep twice---that makes me happy. Only had 5 the night before so that probably set me up for success. I did take sleep herbs. I'd like to let those go and expect to in time if I can. Here I am at over 6 months off of ambien. Ambien that owned my life for over 20 years and made me suffer horrendous symptoms that no one could see or understand but me. In the silence of my own home at night my husband saw and heard the horrible pain I was in. So grateful to have him by my side. I really thought that would be my life the rest of my life.

Keep on keepin' on Team.  :thumbsup::smitten:

Now I have a new life! Lots of love to all.

Kachina Birdsong!

What a lovely and hope inspiring message! Thank you.  And congratulations on your new job. That's so very exciting.  I can't imagine being able to show up for a job but maybe since yours is close by and casual, I can someday be able to do something similar.  I'm glad you slept to take on this day. 

I am 7 1/2 months off all meds. I took heavy doses of Lunesta AND Sonata for many, many years.  I dropped Xanax a long time before I dropped the Z drugs so my body has a lot of healing to do.  I feel I'm improving slowly but surely. I have no idea what the trajectory will be in months to come but I know healing is happening.  I don't feel great today but I can handle it.  I can relate to your feelings of 20 years of suffering that only your husband could see.  I have a similar experience. I was so sick for so long and no one knew why. But we know now and we're moving forward. Thank you for this message and good luck today! 

Helen

Hello Team Z!

It sounds like everyone is trudging along and doing their thing.  I am now in my 18th month off Ambien.  I had hoped I would have been totally healed by now, but I accept that there is more healing to do, in time.  I do see progress.  There are the ups and downs of course.  Had a GREAT weekend - Saturday I felt the most normal in years.  Sunday wasn't bad either, but today is more symptomatic.  So we'll accept it and look forward to tomorrow.

I must say my sleep has improved even more now that I've been using my vitamin D lamp for over a month.  I think vitamin D modulates sleep as well so I'll keep up with it. 

Another good sign is that when I take a deep breath in, I've been feeling a sense of calm and contentment.  It is utterly normal,  but I haven't felt this in years.  I think some neural healing has kicked in.

Now if I could just lose the aches/pains in my left side (Arghhhhh)...

Hugs Team Z! It’s good to read your posts. Just like Deanna I’m seeing improvements also but still not healed yet. I also thought I’d be way better or healed by now. But progress is progress. I also have a few better days consecutively and then a few tough ones. I know I need vitamin d. I’m trying to get outside more. Congrats Deanna on your 18 months! Great job! I’m sure we will continue to see improvements and move forward to better days being our usual then on to finish our healing.  :thumbsup:

Kachina I’m so happy for you. I wish you such happiness with your new job. I think it’s a great fit for you. Remember when you get home to rest. Please keep us posted. I’m the same way as you and Helen before I tapered I had so many things wrong but I didn’t know why. The doctors couldn’t figure it out. I looked fine on the outside. It’s sad that our loved ones and doctors first thoughts are that we must have some mental issue. But I’m just grateful that God told me what was wrong then led me to this site. He saw me through my taper and up until now he’s with me and will continue to be with me alway. I’ve been thinking about this….there’s SO many out there that are in this same situation but they still haven’t figured out the cause. We are very fortunate! As Helen said, now we’re past that so we move forward with a huge lesson learned. Helen I’m very proud of you. You’re handling your recovery very well. You’re positive, loving, supportive and much more. This will see you through to the end. I’m glad to have met you. Thank you for being a friend.

I’ve said this many times on here that this forum is invaluable! I thank all of you for being sick as a dog but reaching out to help each other. Y’all have gotten me through some really bad times….thank you so much! I pray that I’ve been just as much help to you all too. We can do this!!!! We are well on our way!

Love y’all ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😘

Kachina Birdsong!

What a lovely and hope inspiring message! Thank you.  And congratulations on your new job. That's so very exciting.  I can't imagine being able to show up for a job but maybe since yours is close by and casual, I can someday be able to do something similar.  I'm glad you slept to take on this day. 

I am 7 1/2 months off all meds. I took heavy doses of Lunesta AND Sonata for many, many years.  I dropped Xanax a long time before I dropped the Z drugs so my body has a lot of healing to do.  I feel I'm improving slowly but surely. I have no idea what the trajectory will be in months to come but I know healing is happening.  I don't feel great today but I can handle it.  I can relate to your feelings of 20 years of suffering that only your husband could see.  I have a similar experience. I was so sick for so long and no one knew why. But we know now and we're moving forward. Thank you for this message and good luck today! 

Helen

You are a sweetheart Helen! If only we could somehow reach others like us, through this site I hope we can! I wonder if our doctors DID suspect it was the meds we took??? I mean, they are doctors, they study this stuff ... they're smart ... or are they brainwashed?!!?

I'm really glad you can remain optomistic and positive even as you don't feel great. I think getting a whole new career--that was initially meant to do at home at my leisure, gave me some momentum in my healing. I started learning it before my taper was finished and truly did not expect to work outside my home ... or to feel this much better. A new life awaits us!

Wishing you Joy in the new year friend!

Kachina

Hello Team Z!

It sounds like everyone is trudging along and doing their thing.  I am now in my 18th month off Ambien.  I had hoped I would have been totally healed by now, but I accept that there is more healing to do, in time.  I do see progress.  There are the ups and downs of course.  Had a GREAT weekend - Saturday I felt the most normal in years.  Sunday wasn't bad either, but today is more symptomatic.  So we'll accept it and look forward to tomorrow.

I must say my sleep has improved even more now that I've been using my vitamin D lamp for over a month.  I think vitamin D modulates sleep as well so I'll keep up with it. 

Another good sign is that when I take a deep breath in, I've been feeling a sense of calm and contentment.  It is utterly normal,  but I haven't felt this in years.  I think some neural healing has kicked in.

Now if I could just lose the aches/pains in my left side (Arghhhhh)...

VERY beautiful report Deanna, good to hear it, sleeping better and breathing deeper. Very nice. Hope the pain will let you be!

Hugs Team Z! It’s good to read your posts. Just like Deanna I’m seeing improvements also but still not healed yet. I also thought I’d be way better or healed by now. But progress is progress. I also have a few better days consecutively and then a few tough ones. I know I need vitamin d. I’m trying to get outside more. Congrats Deanna on your 18 months! Great job! I’m sure we will continue to see improvements and move forward to better days being our usual then on to finish our healing.  :thumbsup:

Kachina I’m so happy for you. I wish you such happiness with your new job. I think it’s a great fit for you. Remember when you get home to rest. Please keep us posted. I’m the same way as you and Helen before I tapered I had so many things wrong but I didn’t know why. The doctors couldn’t figure it out. I looked fine on the outside. It’s sad that our loved ones and doctors first thoughts are that we must have some mental issue. But I’m just grateful that God told me what was wrong then led me to this site. He saw me through my taper and up until now he’s with me and will continue to be with me alway. I’ve been thinking about this….there’s SO many out there that are in this same situation but they still haven’t figured out the cause. We are very fortunate! As Helen said, now we’re past that so we move forward with a huge lesson learned. Helen I’m very proud of you. You’re handling your recovery very well. You’re positive, loving, supportive and much more. This will see you through to the end. I’m glad to have met you. Thank you for being a friend.

I’ve said this many times on here that this forum is invaluable! I thank all of you for being sick as a dog but reaching out to help each other. Y’all have gotten me through some really bad times….thank you so much! I pray that I’ve been just as much help to you all too. We can do this!!!! We are well on our way!

Love y’all ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😘

Yay, LadyDen, glad you are progressing and I wish you more and more good days!!! Thank YOU for all you give here. So you're at 18 months too, just about, right?!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!

Hello Team Z,

Who's here? Roll call!!! Jerry how are you doing way over there in the Netherlands?!!! Twi1a? John? Barbara? Others?

January is bleak and cold ... I am so looking forward to it being over.

Well, working took A LOT out of me. Tired, tired for the weekend .. resting and restoring. I think I'll give up outside activities now that I'm working! Wait, Covid already took care of that for me! Work was nice, happy to be using my brain. MY BRAIN FEELS SO MUCH BETTER THAN IT HAS FOR LITERALLY TWO DECADES. I kid you not. I am with it, I can think, grasp, communicate, remember and articulate way better than I was able to in the last few years before my taper. So happy and grateful for that!

I still have some sleep anxiety but my routine works well usually ... and when it doesn't I roll with it. I did fall apart on Thursday after a night with only 4 hours during my first work week ... had to drive way across town to the doctor's office and started to cry I felt so shakey and vulnerable and tired out. Wasn't good, I should have cancelled the appointment. Driving across town takes a lot out of me on a normal day.

Anyone wanting support on your taper, we're here for you!

Cheers, Kachina

I’m now 19 months today! Ohhhh yeahhhhhh oh yeah!  :laugh:

How have you been Kachina?

How’s everyone doing? Give us a report please.

Wishing all happy healing. This is our year!!!

Way to go LadyD!  19 months is AWESOME!  Another month closer to the big finish  :smitten:

I've been having minor waves...GI joins in now where I never had that in previous 18 months.  Tinnitus is louder at times.  But deep down I feel like I'm getting there.  And at least now I  can eat a piece of bread now and then woohoo!!!

Thanks Helen and Deanna and Kachina. You’re the best!

Deanna this is good that you can eat bread now. Yummy sandwiches and burgers for you! GI stuff will get better. I have those off and on. For tight belly or tummy cramps I’ve used a heating pad. It’s very soothing. I’m sorry that you have this new symptom. Good news on my end, I can eat turkey again. Big hugs sweetie pie!

Helen you’re doing good too. I hope your headaches are gone for good. I’m sorry you even have to deal with that. As well as other symptoms. I tell myself to remember that a very short while ago I was in a nice window so another one is on the way. I tell myself ( for comfort) the waves are building me a window. Lol I just wish it didn’t have to bang so hard….right? Wishing you a good day dear.

Kachina I’m hoping you’re still enjoying work. It might be a bit stress but you are strong and will do well. As you become more comfortable in that environment you will be more relaxed. I bet you’re looking good. My best wishes to you darling

As for me, just like I always do when I turn another month, I’m greeted with my waves more intense.  :tickedoff:

I sure would like to celebrate without all this but as Deanna said it’s another month under my belt. Lord knows I’m tired of this S*&$ show every day.  :laugh: 19 months is a long time! I thought by now I’ll be driving and mostly back to normal. Oh well, I guess I have a couple of more months. It is what it is. Well, I’m in my morning dread right now. Time for self care.

Love and happy healing to you all. ❤️❤️❤️🦋🦋🌹🌹

Ooh lala LadyD!  - turkey is a staple for me so congrats on tolerating it!!  I hear ya on being ready for this to be over.  It's time!!

One day at a time.  Another thing I've noticed is the days seem to be going by faster - it's already mid January!  I take that as a good sign.

Morning hugs all around!

Deanna yes I’m so ready to be healed. I’m also noticing the days flying by. You know what? That’s fine by me!  :laugh: That means it’ll hurry up to be over with.  :thumbsup:

Hope you’re keeping warm. Another load of snow is coming this weekend. It’s been so cold here that my central heating has been working hard to keep it warm in my apartment. I’m praying by spring I’ll be doing much better so I can go on nice walks and perhaps go eat in a restaurant.

[move]hi Z-people[/move] I am still alive and kicking. Sorry for not writing much, but I have had tough times. We have been in a lockdown for more than a month. Last week, the swimming pools opened again finally, so I have been there three times since reopening. We expect the lockdown measures to be lifted coming tuesday. Omikron is very contagious but very mild. I am planning to do another taper step soon. Hugs Jerry  :thumbsup:

Jerry!  So good to hear from you!  Sorry you have been subjected to more lockdowns.  I can't believe this is going on for two whole years.  If someone told us we would be dealing with so many variants I wouldn't have believed them.  I wish you good luck in continuing your taper.  When you are finally off the drug you won't regret it.