Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Hi LadyDen! Yes I feel like I'm getting some rapid cycling as well.  And I enjoyed reading your list of all the new/minor symptoms you are experiencing now.  I too have those: minor pulsing needle-like sensations in my temples, achy lower back when sitting, tingling tip of tongue....it's all so interesting.

May we all experience continued healing!!!

Hi Team, how are you, you're quiet.

Well, tonight is my dropdown to 2.50mg. Gotta prepare myself tonight but since I woke up at 4am I feel prepared. I do get in bed and brace myself thinking I won't get to sleep. Most nights I do. I have lots on my mind so when I can't go back to sleep I get up and work. But the Spring mornings are lovely ... so glad the dark cold winter is gone, here anyway---heading your way Shay!

Lady, thanks for saying yes pamper yourself--because I really do need to pat myself on the back for doing this taper and honor the hugeness of it. I think it's really healthy to enjoy a movie or book but I tend to get obsessive about all this stuff I'm working on completing. SO, for today, I'll watch a movie later and chill more.

Also, considering getting the vaccine but not liking the idea of jolting my system so on the fence for now. UGH or just do it ...

Hi LadyDen! Yes I feel like I'm getting some rapid cycling as well.  And I enjoyed reading your list of all the new/minor symptoms you are experiencing now.  I too have those: minor pulsing needle-like sensations in my temples, achy lower back when sitting, tingling tip of tongue....it's all so interesting.

May we all experience continued healing!!!

Yes and sometimes I feel like inside my mouth is waking up from numbing medicine when I haven't even been to the dentist!  :laugh: these weird little symptoms are shocking. It just lets us know how much damage was done but it's getting repaired. If you feel it then it's healing it!!!!!!! Makes you wonder who's body am I in  :laugh:

Halleluyah to "may we all experience continued healing!"

Well, tonight is my dropdown to 2.50mg. Gotta prepare myself tonight but since I woke up at 4am I feel prepared. I do get in bed and brace myself thinking I won't get to sleep. Most nights I do. I have lots on my mind so when I can't go back to sleep I get up and work. But the Spring mornings are lovely ... so glad the dark cold winter is gone, here anyway---heading your way Shay!

Lady, thanks for saying yes pamper yourself--because I really do need to pat myself on the back for doing this taper and honor the hugeness of it. I think it's really healthy to enjoy a movie or book but I tend to get obsessive about all this stuff I'm working on completing. SO, for today, I'll watch a movie later and chill more.

Also, considering getting the vaccine but not liking the idea of jolting my system so on the fence for now. UGH or just do it ...

Kachina, let me pat you on the back too. Wow you're brave for taking this tapering head on. I hear your posts that you're going to keep going and fight. I'm so proud of you! After the smoke clears ( withdrawal is over) you'll feel so much better and happier each day. You're now at 2.5mg. It won't be long now. Great job on reducing! What a warrior!!!!

Hey Kachina, Go Go Go for it!! 2.5mg - That is such progress!  When I hit 2.5 I just jumped from there.  I'm not telling you to do that, everyone must decide how to do this for themselves.  But it won't be long now.  You have come so very far and indeed you should pat yourself on the back and know that this is the bravest thing we'll ever do.

Re: getting into bed and expecting not to sleep - yes this is how we feel.  But as you progress you will gain more confidence and accept whatever comes.  And the Spring does indeed help.  Glad you are enjoying it.

I understand your hesitation on the vaccine.  I finally just went for it on April 1st.  Got the J and J vaccine so just one shot and done.  Within 12 hours I got the aches, pains, headache and had an awful night with slight nausea (30 min) and then felt back to baseline by day 2.  I do not think it induced any wave or anything.  It just had to wake up my immune system to work.  And you know since then I actually feel better.  But that's just me.  Good luck with the decision my dear  :smitten:

Always good to read the post.

I am NOT alone; I still have to remind myself I am not going crazy.  The tingling on my head, the aches in my leg/hip muscles.

Thanks to this board, understanding these are physical wd and knowing it is temporary helps me get through it.

congratulations on the 2.5 wow!! I can only "dream"  :o about it.

Keep the faith everyone and keep going one night at a time.

Thank you thank you thank you so much!!! Could not ever never do it without this group. So yeah, 2 nights now at 2.50. Didn't sleep well last night, was awake for 3 hours but accepted it and listened to curable app talks/meditations. And fell back asleep! And wasn't worried or afraid, only a tiny bit of dread about the day on 4 hours of sleep.

Lady and Deanna, I SO appreciate your being here even though you stopped almost a year ago.

Twbd1ila, you are not alone and we are with you on this!! You are doing great, really that's a huge accomplishment right off the bat ... dropping down to a baseline way below what you sometimes were at. The hip and leg muscles is a daily issue for me too, so bazaar to think it's the med and doctors don't know. I'm not going to go there. I'm really glad you're here, keep us posted!

Deanna, thanks for sharing how you did with the vaccine! And about stopping at 2.50mg!!! Wow. I am not doing that but I think it's cool and great! Obviously I started reducing to 9.50mg but funny to imagine doing a cut of a tiny crumb of 0.50mg at the end. We shall see!!! Lady, what dose did you stop with? Soon. Yikes, yikes yikes.

So, it's been SEVEN MONTHS you all have been here with me. I am curious about how my body does once I stop completely. I have faith in the brain healing from all I've read here. I have faith in my own body sleeping on it's own and am really looking forward to that.

Shay, hello! Jerry, Andros, and others, hello to you too!

[c1...]

Awww  :-[ thanks!  :smitten:

I don't post often here, frankly, because my suffering isn't as intense as yours. I've been off the z-drug for 6 months and 2 days now. I sleep erratically on my own, and I'm taking other things to try to get enough sleep to function so I can work.  So I am suffering but not like you guys. I know many on this board would be tripping to get sporadic 4hr nights, or to be able to get 6hr with something. I feel so bad for you guys :(

[7e...]

Hello I've been on Zopiclone nearly 3 years. I tried missing one night and had a panic attack next lunch after not sleeping all night and by p.m. the pressure in my head was awful until I took it.

I am going to cut in half then cut that in half and take three quarters and reduce slowly.

Please had anyone got off this. I also in diaz 2mg and Mirtazapine 15 and not well I do get sleep

Anyone out there to help

Hello Basten, welcome to our Z-group.  We are all at different stages getting off the poison.  There are a few on zopiclone, they will chime in I'm sure.  It seems like all the z-drugs are slightly different.  Good luck with your taper.  We are here for you.

[c1...]

Hello I've been on Zopiclone nearly 3 years. I tried missing one night and had a panic attack next lunch after not sleeping all night and by p.m. the pressure in my head was awful until I took it.

I am going to cut in half then cut that in half and take three quarters and reduce slowly.

Please had anyone got off this. I also in diaz 2mg and Mirtazapine 15 and not well I do get sleep

Anyone out there to help

So you're on Zopiclone but didn't say how much. And you're on 2mg Diazepam and 15mg Mirtazapine? all together?

[7e...]

Hi thanks but am I doing it ok I.e. quarter cut off 7.5 say for 1p days then half of 7 5 etc. How long after 2.years do I go.off slowly. I cant crush or weigh etc

Thanks

I wish someone can give me what they did and how got off

Basten I did 1/4 every 2 weeks until I got to 7.5 (I was on 15mg) then I did 1/8 every 2 weeks. It took about 5 months in total

Hi Basten,

Welcome to our group! Really glad you found us so you can get some help and come here and check in and let us know how you're doing. Wow you had some intense symptoms!!

The general recommendation is to taper 5-10% off every 10 days to 2 weeks. Really important to not feel rushed, but to go gently on yourself and the process. Don't want to set yourself up for failure by trying to go too fast, then having unmanageable symptoms and then reinstating the prior dose.

I feel like coming here and checking in is like a daily med for me and couldn't have started my taper without BB.

Kachina

[7e...]

Shayna Andros. Yes 7.5 zop plus 2 mg diaz and 15mg mirtaz.

I dont know how I'd cut an 8th of zop. They too small. They are scored and break half easy and then that half use pill cutter. Cant get below that or its crushes. I was cutting quarter z for 10 days till hospital op and they just gave me the usual 7.5. So will have to start again. 5 months ok many thanks. I've been told psych should increase my diaz by at least 8mg if stop zop ct. But she doesnt want hear what Ashton or people tell me. I now get all bad issues since big a aesthetic and then reducing diaz by 1mg to 2mg.

I am just a mess scared and even more scared not sleeping .

I do hope you will get your sleep back and it's good you avoided the mirtaz its caused me weight awful hunger and now prediabetic high cholesterol.  Thankyou for replying

[7e...]

I cant find way round here. Only know how to reply. I go to z group and your not there! One lady says shes down to 2 5!!

I cannot cannot understand percentages...at all  I cant get to 2.5? I've only got a 7.5 pill start cutting quarter (that's half e.y5...no idea what percentage!! No clue re 5 or 10% ec) so that half 3.75 I cut off take weeks then take just 3.5  and think I can later cut that in half with cutter. Just gotta hope for best  thanks for patience

Basten, it's confusing. When you get to the page the top left tells you what page you're on. If yours is like mine I have to click on the page number to come back to the last page to see what people wrote most recently.

My information wasn't helpful, sorry I don't know the med. I'm glad you can cut it in quarters!

Yes, I understand it is very upsetting and scary. That is part of the process but you have the strength of the group to support you. We all have those feelings too and we get through them. IT GETS BETTER. You are doing this for yourself and you can do it. Glad you're here.

At first I made some lifestyle changes so I had better chances of sleeping at night--I stopped coffee, got up early and didn't sleep late so I was tired at night and got exercise. I drink coffee now ... We have to find other ways to calm ourselves to try and prevent getting really upset. I also used anti-anxiety medicine before I came here and know the need for that, but I also learned a lot here. I use singing to myself, resting, getting off the bright lights at night ... but honestly every night I feel afraid I won't sleep!!! But I've been sleeping and also learning to cope with little sleep. You will too.

Kachina

Thank you thank you thank you so much!!! Could not ever never do it without this group. So yeah, 2 nights now at 2.50. Didn't sleep well last night, was awake for 3 hours but accepted it and listened to curable app talks/meditations. And fell back asleep! And wasn't worried or afraid, only a tiny bit of dread about the day on 4 hours of sleep.

Lady and Deanna, I SO appreciate your being here even though you stopped almost a year ago.

Twbd1ila, you are not alone and we are with you on this!! You are doing great, really that's a huge accomplishment right off the bat ... dropping down to a baseline way below what you sometimes were at. The hip and leg muscles is a daily issue for me too, so bazaar to think it's the med and doctors don't know. I'm not going to go there. I'm really glad you're here, keep us posted!

Deanna, thanks for sharing how you did with the vaccine! And about stopping at 2.50mg!!! Wow. I am not doing that but I think it's cool and great! Obviously I started reducing to 9.50mg but funny to imagine doing a cut of a tiny crumb of 0.50mg at the end. We shall see!!! Lady, what dose did you stop with? Soon. Yikes, yikes yikes.

So, it's been SEVEN MONTHS you all have been here with me. I am curious about how my body does once I stop completely. I have faith in the brain healing from all I've read here. I have faith in my own body sleeping on it's own and am really looking forward to that.

I stopped at a tiny crumb. If you look at the red oval shaped zolpidem pill, I had only the very tip left then jumped. So I'm estimating between 0.5 or half of that. Either one is fine to jump from.  :thumbsup:

Anyone out there to help

Welcome Basten. Sounds like you're having a bad time. It's ok. We will help you so much as possible. You mind telling me how much you are taking and if it's extended release ( control release). How often do you take it? Do you take wake up doses in the middle of the night? Maybe Shay and others experience on zop can help you. I just wanted to join in welcoming you. Your symptoms are common for Z drug plus you have other meds in your system. My opinion is to tackle the Zop first. Best wishes.

Welcome Basten,

I'm fairly new, about 2 months.

I was successful for the 1st month (going from 15 to 11 mg of ambien), then got too aggressive and relapsed.

I have found it difficult, but not giving up.

You are not crazy and not alone. Ambien is a bizarre scary drug and this board has been so valuable/educational.

Keep reading, sharing, and coming back.

*Zolpidem/Ambien, 21 years 15 mg to 20

03/06/2021 stabilize to 15 mg

03/13/2021 to 13 mg

03/17/2021 to 12.5

03/23/2021 to 11 mg

Shayna Andros. Yes 7.5 zop plus 2 mg diaz and 15mg mirtaz.

I dont know how I'd cut an 8th of zop. They too small. They are scored and break half easy and then that half use pill cutter. Cant get below that or its crushes. I was cutting quarter z for 10 days till hospital op and they just gave me the usual 7.5. So will have to start again. 5 months ok many thanks. I've been told psych should increase my diaz by at least 8mg if stop zop ct. But she doesnt want hear what Ashton or people tell me. I now get all bad issues since big a aesthetic and then reducing diaz by 1mg to 2mg.

I am just a mess scared and even more scared not sleeping .

I do hope you will get your sleep back and it's good you avoided the mirtaz its caused me weight awful hunger and now prediabetic high cholesterol.  Thankyou for replying

I have been on everything u are on. I got rid of mirt first. Then I kept Valium got rid of zopiclone then I’m almost off Valium.

Do not touch the Valium yet. It will help wd from zop. Up to you which way u do it but wd from 2 drugs ar once is a bad idea.

I used a razor blade to cut into 1/8. It can be done, I had the oval tabs. I wouldn’t convert to Valium if I were u. But that’s ur call.

My sleep is terrible, but I feel better in every way since getting off all this sh!t. U will too. Be brave x

Basten I did 1/4 every 2 weeks until I got to 7.5 (I was on 15mg) then I did 1/8 every 2 weeks. It took about 5 months in total

Basten posted in titration regarding Mirt and Zop. I wondered how big the pills are (because we don't have Zop in the US), and I wondered whether she could cut them into 6 or 8 pieces. I'm glad you answered this question, I was hoping someone with experience with Zop could. This is perfect, she should be able to do this.  I was concerned with her doing 1/4, the Ashton Valium equivalent for her 7.5 dose is 5 mg, and I knew from her previous posts she likely wouldn't be able to convince her doctor to switch. 

[7e...]

Thankyou Kachina for encouraging words. You were onambien soo long now off well done. I will just have to keep cutting little once month or so..

I dont drink caffeine never watch tv in bedroom dark quiet so nmust over come my fears but I do know I was in just a benzo for a while and had pancreatitis in hospital didnt take it and didnt sleep for 7 nights and went loopy as was in such pain

This is a good site and I am grateful for all replies explanations and encouragement.