Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Morning TeamZ!

Shay~~thank you!!! And LOVE your message to Basten about how much better you feel overall.

Andros~~we need you here, you got off your meds, your comments add value!

Lady~cool, I'm going for the tiny crumb at the end, I have the oval dark red tablets too.

Basten~Thanks, I'm not off yet though, still taking a little bit but aiming for end of June!! Too bad you had that hospital experience, it just made your fear and negative experience worse! Let that go when you can, as it was so unique and we hope it won't happen again. Now you're home safe taking care of you. Glad you put the info in your signature!

So, it's great to have 4 nights behind me on 2.50mg. Last night was the first one that I slept well. After the first 3 nights of rough sleep I did very little yesterday and maybe I needed to slow down to really sleep. Yesterday I was not in a good place but feel much better today after a good 6 hours of sleep and the rest I had yesterday. Having minor things going on in my body but nothing major. At times there can be so much stress in my mind caused by my thoughts! I am learning about that. Whew its tiring.

Heard a great talk this morning: when we feel unsafe our fight or flight mechanism is triggered. We need to seek out community where we feel safe and where we are validated to start repairing that feeling and to feel safe. So if we feel safe the fight or flight (which also has a freeze mechanism I learned recently) will get turned off and we will relax and be able to cope with stress and sleep at night!! How can I make myself feel safe?!

BB is one of those places for me for many reasons. I feel/felt unsafe due to; I have physical symptoms caused by the meds that were helping me get rest from the anxiety; I felt so much shame about taking these meds and didn't want anyone to know; the doctor told me to get off in 2-4 weeks and was angry at me; just not sleeping and not feeling well. I have anxiety and that is the source of my issues and obviously if I'm on a site where others take/took those meds I am not alone.

[3e...]

Shayna

You got rid of mirtaz first you say. Can you tell me how? Did you cut a dose of 15mg tablet every other night or what. Or did you use liquid? I have liquid 1ml = mg. As I said GP wrote take 1ml then reduce by o.5ml each week.

Is that too fast? Once a month they say .is 0.5ml about 5% I dont know. Do I draw up to 1ml first then push plunger down to the 0.9ml mark for as long as feel ok then down to o.8 later?

I've asked already but unfortunately yiuve not replied only that you was on what I'm on but got rid of mirtaz first.

Re sleep as I suffer dreadful pain I am scared I will I knkwvwbd up lying there hours in pain whereas now I get some sleep. That's a big issue for me. For 3 plus years drugs have always knocked me out.

Thanks for the link below other lady re sleep. I agree to stay in bed as I cant read in bed or watch tv if cant sleep. To me my bed is fir sleep. But yes if like last night the pain was excruimtjating I did cry and get cross tossing etc then I remember little else. Being in pain and no sleep is my fear.

Shayna can you please try explain tell me what you did re mirtaz? And what I've written is it right ?

Thankyou all I'm so glad I'm not alone

Basten I pm u about mirt. I think the liquid u are talking about is Val? We aren’t discussing val yet ok? We are leaving val where it is. I know u want off we all do but 1 at a time.

Honestly, I don’t sleep much. I am a very bad case tho. Not everyone has it as bad as me. I went into tolerance before I tapered so my zopiclone had already stopped working. Yours hasn’t so usually from what I’ve seen that usually means u will have an easier time tapering. But nothing is guaranteed. No one knows for sure. But one thing is certain if u are sick and u have had all tests done and they come back inconclusive, it’s the drugs.

Ok so u let me know what I think about mirt and we’ll go from there. Not touching zop or val yet.

[3e...]

Hi  again. No the liquid I asked about re mls syringe etc is UK mirtaz liquid.

I did t sleep for a week once was going mad and o.d. on clonaz!!

Its tough decisions for me as in pain and I get sleep but cutting diaz 9 nights ago...oh boy and my digestive system bad years now worse. No I think I tolerant to zop as woke once at 4 had enough took another and didnt do anything. I guess all 3 together do. I have issues with diaz .it has given hypersexual urges which I hate and dont want at 72 and never had in clonaz and wake legs shaking like crazy hyper c ant lay still. Fall asleep wake drugged and sooo weak lethargic and in bed 2 days .

Ok but if these urges since diaz goes on and legs I am stuck. Either way yes one at time see how I go next few nights. Take care . I get anxious as you can tell.

[3e...]

Yes told I can. Scared how I'll react. Diaz nothing but trouble. What I eat affects my sleep too..

Prediabetic and think not digesting something wrong.

In bed again today feel dreadful I dont know  wgats doing what. Lost a stone in weight so awful pain eating.

It's a shame noone has been able to tell me how they dry cut mirtaz or could answer my question re mirtaz  liquid .

To be honest I dint know what to do and feel dreadful. So depressed and coping with hardly able to walk due to.hip.op has got to me. I've nothing to get up for .

Maybe swap back to clonaz and taper that. There’s a klonopin thread they can help u there...I told u how to dry cut mirt just quarter it and reduce that way. Have u asked on mirt thread?

You can do this. I bet most of ur cut problems are from the meds. Like I said I had massive GI problems I lost 12 kilos and had severe muscle wasting when I hit tolerance. Mostly my gi stuff has gone now.

[3e...]
Yes you did shayna re zop. Yes my stomach insides worse than before. Glad yours better. When I'll hard to believe we recover . I told you my psych discharged me today. She did t believe anything over the months. I will try post re k . I get totally abd utterly distraught when feeling soo much pain all day everyday. I've lost 14lb dontbknow how

Wow ur dr discharged u? That’s excellent, they just wash their hands when things get challenging. Nice.

I promise it’s the meds making u sick. Ok so what’s the last dose of klonopin u felt ok on?

[3e...]

Yes not doc but psych...she didnt know anymore and 2 psychs didnt believe my symptoms!! I ended up screaming at her I wish I were dead and she said I'm going to end this but I hung up first. I told her months ago about diaz. Didnt realise reducing diaz or such could make my bad acidvrefkux years now since no gallbladder worse!!

Always only ever been on 0.5 clonaz .was doing ok but still acid but nothing like this! My gp said you are in.pain withbkeg...my muscles after hip fracture and knee not healing and waiting to see GI maybe go back on c and maybe try come off later. But I cant stand what diaz has done.

I know you said gradually shave cut zop.

Shayba I forget whose said what!! Did you say you were on or had come off mirtaz. Sorry pain real bad. Can barely walk and burning all through back .☹☹👍👍

Basten, I like what Shay is saying and send you some good energy. You will get through this!! Glad you're here and so sorry it's so rough.

Kachina

[3e...]
Wish my psych could hear what Shay said!! Thanks I'm got a clon decision to make but I am so f.....g angry as for months I was telling her and they even sent a 2nd psych out for old people. He said diaz woukdnt do such and such. And wrote a few childhood issues down said I've seen gastros before..yes...and due to fact I've had stacks meds in my life nothing will help and he coukd be right as had enough but I have always suffered depression insomnia years  so has written I now have histrionic personality disorder. Yes maybe  but at 71 I just want to live peacefully . I could never make decisions ...it would take months of asking people their opinions on what's the best washing machine!! So there you are I'm nuts and miserable. Thanks. I've told Shayna I was only ever on 0.5 clon 3 plus years. I had it many years ago for restless legs and zop since way back 1i9ps. But only took fir a while on off no issues ..

Yes not doc but psych...she didnt know anymore and 2 psychs didnt believe my symptoms!! I ended up screaming at her I wish I were dead and she said I'm going to end this but I hung up first. I told her months ago about diaz. Didnt realise reducing diaz or such could make my bad acidvrefkux years now since no gallbladder worse!!

Always only ever been on 0.5 clonaz .was doing ok but still acid but nothing like this! My gp said you are in.pain withbkeg...my muscles after hip fracture and knee not healing and waiting to see GI maybe go back on c and maybe try come off later. But I cant stand what diaz has done.

I know you said gradually shave cut zop.

Shayba I forget whose said what!! Did you say you were on or had come off mirtaz. Sorry pain real bad. Can barely walk and burning all through back .☹☹👍👍

It’s ok basten. I’m gunna ask that u do something for us tho, we need to keep this to one thread, there’s a few going with ur questions and honestly we are all cognitively challenged on here, so it’s no wonder u forget who said what. So let’s leave the z drug thread for now, and we’ll come back here when it’s time to reduce zop okay? I’m gunna answer ur new thread I noticed u had started xx

Wish my psych could hear what Shay said!! Thanks I'm got a clon decision to make but I am so f.....g angry as for months I was telling her and they even sent a 2nd psych out for old people. He said diaz woukdnt do such and such. And wrote a few childhood issues down said I've seen gastros before..yes...and due to fact I've had stacks meds in my life nothing will help and he coukd be right as had enough but I have always suffered depression insomnia years  so has written I now have histrionic personality disorder. Yes maybe  but at 71 I just want to live peacefully . I could never make decisions ...it would take months of asking people their opinions on what's the best washing machine!! So there you are I'm nuts and miserable. Thanks. I've told Shayna I was only ever on 0.5 clon 3 plus years. I had it many years ago for restless legs and zop since way back 1i9ps. But only took fir a while on off no issues ..

I can’t speak to what’s was happening before u started meds, and I’m not a dr so just to be clear on that. I can only give you advise based on what I personally went thru. Drs don’t understand bwd that’s why we’re all here. This is what I would suggest showing anyone who disagrees with what ur experiencing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

Now, I’ll answer u on mirt questions on other thread x it’s ok basten there’s good people here who will help u x

[3e...]

Sorry yes I get lost cabt remember who said what  my fault as not good as replies. You can tell I'm lost .messages come through as emails so I keep so i can find right posts.

I have oval z cut in half and half the half in oil cutter but most crumbled. Certainly cant.do eighth.

Ok leave that ii know you nice and helpful I get worked up  .I'll wait for you

Hugs to Team Z! Miss y'all. I'm definitely rapid cycling so I've been resting. Bloody pirates are back and mean to me. Hope you're all doing well.

Good advice Shay!!!  :thumbsup:

Kachina good to see ur post.

Deanna how are you?

Jerry are you swimming again or busy with sax?

Andros hope you're doing better.

Basten you can do this! Baby steps.

Whoever I missed...hope you are having better days and making progress.

Celebrate the little steps, everyone. We work so hard to heal. Pamper yourself.  :thumbsup:

Ha Ladyden, it is nice that you think of me! For me it is a kind of spring cleaning period. I have been cleaning the harddisks of my computer. I have been reorganizing it too. It was quite a mess so

I am happy with the result. I am still holding my zopiclon taper. I don’t know yet when I will continue. Tomorrow might be the first time I go swimming. It is possible in an outdoor pool. Tomorrow the weather will be warm enough for it. It is also rainy and cloudy, so I am not totally sure yet. I am saving money for a new saxophone. I want to buy a Selmer alto. I think I will be there moneywise in Juli. Hugsss,

Jerry  :thumbsup:

[3e...]

Hello thankyou. I have been on zopiclone over 2 yearscwith clonaz and mirtaz.

I have asked for the 3.75 mg now instead of 7.5. Havent got them yet here uk they do that dise. But if i switch do you think its a too bigger drop. ?? Other than that i have to cut a quarter off my 7.5 to start etc

Ha Ladyden, it is nice that you think of me! For me it is a kind of spring cleaning period. I have been cleaning the harddisks of my computer. I have been reorganizing it too. It was quite a mess so

I am happy with the result. I am still holding my zopiclon taper. I don’t know yet when I will continue. Tomorrow might be the first time I go swimming. It is possible in an outdoor pool. Tomorrow the weather will be warm enough for it. It is also rainy and cloudy, so I am not totally sure yet. I am saving money for a new saxophone. I want to buy a Selmer alto. I think I will be there moneywise in Juli. Hugsss,

How did the swimming go, Jerry? Clean computer. Yes mine needs it too. Now you've given me a chore to do. Thanks! And new sax sounds nice. My son loves the ones from Cecelio company. I think it's the correct spelling. He has a beautiful purple one.

Hugs Team Z! I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!!!! Mine was very nice. And of course a bit bittersweet because my mother is passed years ago. But I still thought of her a lot. We had nice special breakfast, nice dinner and exchanging gifts. We fellow shipped and passed around my new grandbaby. Played with the older one. The males did all the cooking and serving us. Today I'm paying for that nice day. I spent most of it upright or sitting so I expected this day of feeling rough.

How was yours?

[3e...]
Lighterspace. Read you are holding zopiclkne. What amount were yiu on a d how long for?,how much have you cut off over a period of time. Im on 7.5 3 yesrs. Gp just given me here uk 3.725 but its a big cut so may just cut quarter off my 7.5 a while.

How did the swimming go, Jerry? Clean computer. Yes mine needs it too. Now you've given me a chore to do. Thanks! And new sax sounds nice. My son loves the ones from Cecelio company. I think it's the correct spelling. He has a beautiful purple one.

Exactly at the time I wanted to go the pool, it was raining and there was thunder and lightning. So I stayed home. But today in the news we heard that they will ease the lockdown and the indoor swimming pool might be open again. Such a pool is close to my house... I have never heard of the Cecelio company. It is a good thing, to clean your computer... :thumbsup: Jerry

Lighterspace. Read you are holding zopiclkne. What amount were yiu on a d how long for?,how much have you cut off over a period of time. Im on 7.5 3 yesrs. Gp just given me here uk 3.725 but its a big cut so may just cut quarter off my 7.5 a while.

Ha Basten, you can read about my taper in my profile. At the moment I am at around 2mg. When I started my taper in september 2020, I was on 3,75mg. I was able to taper so slow because of a file which i use. I don’ t break my pills. From 7,5 mg to 3,75 mg is a huge cut. I won’t do this...

Luck! Jerry

[3e...]

Hi yes i just found  read what you doing Jerry. A file well i wouldnt know what an 1/8th was etc looked like .i am

Hi Jerry yes just found  your prfile. I dont have a file. I will have to break off cut with pill cutter somehow. No idea what an 1/8th would look like!!