Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Kitty, so sorry to hear this happened. And for such a good deed... I realy respect those that donate, and it never hit home untill I was the one needing mass amounts of such a precious gift...

Thank you, and all that donate...

Hope you bounce back real soon...

My Best...

Cant, I read about how few people donate and it just broke my heart. Such a simple thing for most people yet so few do it. I am glad you were able to get what you needed. I will keep donating whole blood for sure but if this causes more problems will have to wait till Im healed to help again...

Cant, I read about how few people donate and it just broke my heart. Such a simple thing for most people yet so few do it. I am glad you were able to get what you needed. I will keep donating whole blood for sure but if this causes more problems will have to wait till Im healed to help again...

Kitty, I think it's totally ok to not donate anymore until you are done with your taper and feeling better. Let the totally healthy people do it. Don't tempt the withdrawal gods lol.  I'm not sure I can give blood again as I have had cancer (not sure if that takes you out of the running or not) but I had such a bad experience last time I'll never do it again anyway. I had to give 2 units of blood for my own surgery and I waited too long to eat and nearly passed out while driving. Scared the crap out of me, I'll never do it again. I could have died or killed someone else. I guess what I'm saying is though the cause is honorable, definitely take care of yourself first!

Another thing to think about is that valium metabolites are stored in our fat cells and this is how it builds up over time. 

Yes Hope you are right, we cant help anyone else if we cant function!

Drummer that is a good point. Hopefully since I have a decent amount of fat on me most of my metabolites were hanging out in my thighs! Yall have made me feel better thank you!

Also Hope Im not sure if cancer is a disqualifier or not, I know leukemia definitely is. But if it makes you feel terrible its just not worth it.

Kitty, I think it's totally ok to not donate anymore until you are done with your taper and feeling better. Let the totally healthy people do it. Don't tempt the withdrawal gods lol.  I'm not sure I can give blood again as I have had cancer (not sure if that takes you out of the running or not) but I had such a bad experience last time I'll never do it again anyway. I had to give 2 units of blood for my own surgery and I waited too long to eat and nearly passed out while driving. Scared the crap out of me, I'll never do it again. I could have died or killed someone else. I guess what I'm saying is though the cause is honorable, definitely take care of yourself first!

yes look after you first...

My Dr wont let me yet, but when I think that I used 47 units in one "sitting", plus 3 pelvic surgeries and 2 tranfusions due to infection, plus washouts etc... -I think I am rather in debt...

A debt I hope to repay...

It was rough last night- just sweats and palps right now. Just hoping it doesnt mess up my taper. Definitely holding for a few weeks now and praying it doesnt hit me later. I hear that about valium but i never cut before just MT. And I have no idea how much valium was in the plasma they took out. Thank you for the kind words! Just hoping for the best!

Still the same palps and sweats but otherwise nothing notable. But as a bonus I had a very pleasant dream about a very attractive young George Harrison last night where he let me write a song with him and I made tons of money. And boy he was cute. So theres that!❤️

Still the same palps and sweats but otherwise nothing notable. But as a bonus I had a very pleasant dream about a very attractive young George Harrison last night where he let me write a song with him and I made tons of money. And boy he was cute. So theres that!❤️

No fair Kitty. I only get nightmares or tortured dreams. Glad things have remained stable for you  :smitten: hopefully this plasma thing is just a little blip.

Rats Im sorry Hope. This was a different thing for me, mine are usually just weird. Sending you vibes for good dreams❤️❤️❤️🙏

Rats Im sorry Hope. This was a different thing for me, mine are usually just weird. Sending you vibes for good dreams❤️❤️❤️🙏

Thanks Kitty  :smitten: I get the really weird ones too.

Dear Buddies,

I am nearing the end of my taper and for the last mgs. I did smaller cuts and what a difference this has made. I have had no withdrawals with the small amounts and I am still going down in the right direction off this Valium. I weigh my tablet. The last 2 mg V tablet is 160 in weight. I cut a tiny bit to 155 weight over 10 days, then 150 weight for another 10 days, then 145 and onwards. I am at the 1.25 mg stage now and cutting the tablet and weighing is easy with the jewelery scale. I estimate another few cuts and Jump. My previous cuts were 1 mg or half mg or .25 mg and I was sick all the way. Smaller cuts really do work and no sickness, no pain.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  It takes a bit longer but time I have time. :thumbsup: There is no medal with a 1st or 2nd or 3rd at the end of this. The gift is to myself and it is truly worth getting off this medication.

Love Moya XX

Dear Buddies,

I am nearing the end of my taper and for the last mgs. I did smaller cuts and what a difference this has made. I have had no withdrawals with the small amounts and I am still going down in the right direction off this Valium. I weigh my tablet. The last 2 mg V tablet is 160 in weight. I cut a tiny bit to 155 weight over 10 days, then 150 weight for another 10 days, then 145 and onwards. I am at the 1.25 mg stage now and cutting the tablet and weighing is easy with the jewelery scale. I estimate another few cuts and Jump. My previous cuts were 1 mg or half mg or .25 mg and I was sick all the way. Smaller cuts really do work and no sickness, no pain.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  It takes a bit longer but time I have time. :thumbsup: There is no medal with a 1st or 2nd or 3rd at the end of this. The gift is to myself and it is truly worth getting off this medication.

Love Moya XX

well done Moya..!! -and well said...

Moya - Thanks for posting! Such great news!  I am so glad you have found a method that works. Can you please give a little more detailed history of your taper - not the gory details but the cut size you found that worked for you?  I would appreciate it.  I know you detailed what you are doing now.  At what level did you start cutting smaller - was it at 3mg?  Have you been cutting by the same amt since then, or have you decreased the cut size?  How do you know when to decrease and by how much?

I am at 4.5 mg equivalent right now and cut too much last time...still holding.  I agree, for me, cutting 0.25 mg V equiv is too much for me.  I was doing 0.2 mg which was going well, but then I cut a bigger amt (0.3mg), which in retrospect, was really stupid...and I'm still suffering.  I agree that smaller cuts really do make all the difference, for me too.  I am doing c/h as well and plan to continue that. 

I know everyone is different, but we seem to tolerate (and not tolerate) the same kind of cuts, so I'd love more insight on your taper.

Also, did you ever updose? and if you did, did it help?

I know I asked a lot of questions, but would really love your insight and guidance. Thank you and congrats on the smooth sailing now!

Hi All,

I'm reporting this because I had several buddies suggest that I tapered too fast and it was more important to stabilize.

I wanted to say that I was not able to maintain my dosage at 2mg V and now I'm back up to between 6mg and 10mg. I take 6mg in the morning which helps but later I will take an additional 2 to 4mg if I need it. Last week while on 2mg I was a complete mess feeling very depressed and anxious. I just couldn't cope and wasn't getting any relief. Yesterday I increased my Zoloft to 125mg and on Wednesday I will up it to 150mg. This is where my doctor wants me to be with the expectation that it will relieve my anxiety. At that point I will start my taper again and this time I will go slow.

Dear Buddies,

Love Moya XX

Great job! You are proof that slow and steady is definitely the way to go. I love your blueprint :)

I dont know for sure but I read consistency is important. Maybe it would help to just stay at one amount instead of "2 or 4" as your second dose- maybe just stick at 3? It seems our brains want some kind of stability and taking different doses each day may not be what your brain wants? Just a thought. Wishing you well!

Moya -

That is so exciting and such encouraging news for all us to hang onto. Thanks for sharing!!

Kitty - I am in the same camp as HOPE, those horrible nightmares/terrors.... how sweet to have a lovely dream to hang onto.

Hi Hope - how is the Nanny doing? Are things settling down any for you in your home? I miss chatting with you, Marija, Ed and friends.  :smitten:

Hi Kitty,

Yes this is something that I've thought about. I really would prefer to just take the 6mg in the morning and hopefully I won't need anything in the afternoon. This is my goal but it seems like it's not enough. Perhaps I should be consistent and take 6mg at 9am and 4mg at 4pm? This will be 10mg and will be equivalent to the 1mg lorazapam I used to take.

To be honest I hate taking anything. Even at 10mg I still don't feel normal. I am very discouraged.

Moya -

That is so exciting and such encouraging news for all us to hang onto. Thanks for sharing!!

Kitty - I am in the same camp as HOPE, those horrible nightmares/terrors.... how sweet to have a lovely dream to hang onto.

Hi Hope - how is the Nanny doing? Are things settling down any for you in your home? I miss chatting with you, Marija, Ed and friends.  :smitten:

Yes I miss you too kasey! Maybe we should keep Ed's blog going for him until he gets back. So we can all stay in touch. So the nanny thing is nonstop drama. Bless her heart, she got pregnant and then had a miscarriage. So she was out today with a doctor appt but is supposed to come tomorrow so I'll see how she is doing.

Hi Kitty,

Yes this is something that I've thought about. I really would prefer to just take the 6mg in the morning and hopefully I won't need anything in the afternoon. This is my goal but it seems like it's not enough. Perhaps I should be consistent and take 6mg at 9am and 4mg at 4pm? This will be 10mg and will be equivalent to the 1mg lorazapam I used to take.

To be honest I hate taking anything. Even at 10mg I still don't feel normal. I am very discouraged.

From what I have read in the year or so I have been on here it really seems consistency is the key. Thats definitely worked for me. After you get stable then you can work out a taper plan. But most people say give your brain a few weeks to get stable before reducing any at all. With most folks they say time of day isnt important but ( this is just what I have seen) most people with sleep issues do better with the bulk of their dose at night. If sleep is not an issue then it should not matter. I really hope you find yourself in a comfortable place soon so you can start thinking about the taper then. Theres loads of people on here to help with that!

[12...]

Moya -

Yes I miss you too kasey! Maybe we should keep Ed's blog going for him until he gets back. So we can all stay in touch. So the nanny thing is nonstop drama. Bless her heart, she got pregnant and then had a miscarriage. So she was out today with a doctor appt but is supposed to come tomorrow so I'll see how she is doing.

Hello Kasey, Hope and all!  Great idea, Hope, regarding Ed's blog and staying in touch. I, too, miss our daily connections of support.

I cannot believe your nanny drama!! 

For me, it's been my car, filling with smoke on my drive home from school, yesterday, with the acrid smell skyrocketing my CNS and all the ensuing symptoms.  I made it, though 🙂  Kiddos wanted gas masks!

As for the taper, it is progressing, dare I say......well.  I even woke to my alarm this morning AND with minimal blast (hadn't happened but twice since tapering this 3rd time) AND no nightmarish, conflict resolution "dream"!!  I was stunned. 

Hugs to all.