How do I reinstate?

[Is...]

I too am considering reinstatement and exactly how to go about it. Off for just over 4 months and too sick and non functional to take it any more. However I really have done enough research to suggest that some people will need to reinstate for life. Coming off benzo's is just not possible for everyone. Some will be so sick for years, possibily the rest of their lives. If your still sick after that long surely its time to realize you are one of those that needs to be on benzo's for life. Reinstating with the view to taper slowly makes no sense at all. You were already off it for a long time and proved you can't live without it! Thats nothing to be ashamed of. A diabetic needs to take insulin in the same way.

IG, the do gooders here will have you believe that everyone can recover from benzo's but the truth is different, sadly. I've known of many, many people who literally years after ceasing benzo use had to reinstate, for good, because life off benzo's was such a living hell. After reinstating they were suddenly 90% better. I'm convinced benzo's do something permanent to your brain if your unlucky. I know I'm one. In that case you need to go back on for life for some quality of life or battle out the rest of your life in abject misery for the sake of an ideal. Life is too short.

.  I agree 100%

l disagree with "something permanent to your brain."  Never "permanent" lf your willing to wait it out. If that were true what the heck have I been doing the last 15 months. What a scary thought. That thought could send a fragile person like myself over the edge.

Pleased don't buy into that permanent crap, this is the first time in almost 15 months l've heard someone post that , that wasn't looking for reassurances.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Gu...]

• [Bi...]

• [Is...]

Monday at 4am I took 2.5 mg of valium. I finally got some rest after 9 months of no calm, no rest, no sleep. Others sxs are less too. Bottom line I can manage the current pain and sxs.

I took no benzo on Tuesday,  I want to wait until my akathisia gets worse before I take my next dose.  My pdoc wants me to take a steady dose every day until I stablize, hold for a while until detox cocktail sxs lesson, then slow taper. Why would I want to add a benzo to my body dailey when I can manage loger than that.  Seems to me the less benzo in my body the better. Less poison to recover from.

Which way is the best option? Dailey dose or as needed?

Love you all  IslandGirl  :smitten:

Hi island girl,

If you got relief from so little that's very good news actually.  As needed can start up a bunch of other possible trouble like kindling and a rev'ed up CNS.  Also as needed tends to demand a higher and higher dose for relief each time.  I get on a low steady dose ASAP just like a taper, it works the best. 

Since valium builds up about 8 to 10 days when you start up that means if you took 1mg for 10 days it would intensify for that full length of time.  Is it possible you could stabilize on 1 mg a day?  That would sure be easy to taper from if you did like a one year long micro taper going really extra slow :)

But Gizmo,

What if it is permanent for an unfortunate few?

In that case what would be the point in waiting for a miracle. I think I'll reinstate tonight. I have enough of the bs.

But Gizmo,

In that case what would be the point in waiting for a miracle. I think I'll reinstate tonight. I have enough of the bs.

Go ahead. We don't care.

[33...]

But Gizmo,

Go ahead. We don't care.

GEEZE.

But Gizmo,

Go ahead. We don't care.

Morechocolate - does it make you feel good about yourself to post these really obnoxious things? Just wondering..... 

Your right about one thing though. Women are stronger than men.

I'll accept that.

I'm a woman, and even I was offended by that comment of morechocolate's. Totally uncalled for.

Monday at 4am I took 2.5 mg of valium. I finally got some rest after 9 months of no calm, no rest, no sleep. Others sxs are less too. Bottom line I can manage the current pain and sxs.

I took no benzo on Tuesday,  I want to wait until my akathisia gets worse before I take my next dose.  My pdoc wants me to take a steady dose every day until I stablize, hold for a while until detox cocktail sxs lesson, then slow taper. Why would I want to add a benzo to my body dailey when I can manage loger than that.  Seems to me the less benzo in my body the better. Less poison to recover from.

Hi island girl,

If you got relief from so little that's very good news actually.  As needed can start up a bunch of other possible trouble like kindling and a rev'ed up CNS.  Also as needed tends to demand a higher and higher dose for relief each time.  I get on a low steady dose ASAP just like a taper, it works the best. 

Since valium builds up about 8 to 10 days when you start up that means if you took 1mg for 10 days it would intensify for that full length of time.  Is it possible you could stabilize on 1 mg a day?  That would sure be easy to taper from if you did like a one year long micro taper going really extra slow :)

Ok I'm going to requote forward this so just maybe island girl can get a chance to see it  :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( please stop it, you made me cry now :'( :'(  :'( :'( :'(:'(

I don't buy the forever thing either. It's not forever, it can however be a heck of a long time, like at the worst 5 to 8 years no kidding. Thing is though, at the end of that time, you're done. That's what I'm looking at. Hey, I've been there, I reinstated after being 2 years out, and I was feeling pretty good, not great, but ok, then a problem with thyroid meds, then menopause and bam, living nightmare and yes, I felt the same way, maybe I'm just one of those people, so I went back on and went into tolerance in 4 days, and it never felt great like it once did. My brain grabbed onto it so fast that trying to drop is after a week was a such a nightmare that I had to do a slow taper in tolerance and toxicity. Now, I'd reinstated many times in the past though I had no idea my problems were being caused by withdrawal, had been mis diagnosed with other stuff, without issue so why this time it didn't work, I don't know, but it didn't and so it likely never will again, so for better or worse, I'm going to have to stick it out and hope for the best, but you know, after all I've been through, I'm happy it's over, that I'm not off it, even though it wrecked my life and who knows if I'll ever get it back, I never have to worry about tolerance of withdrawal again, I never have to have the crazy symptoms being on causes, and it does cause a lot of symptoms, I know what to be careful of, and well, here's hoping. Oh, and I never have to worry about getting the drug, that's the best part, no doctor can c/t me, and that's something to be grateful for.

m

Your a bitch, MoreChocolate.

Just letting you know in case you were in any doubt.

Just in case this crap gets deleted

Lol!! Means nothing to me.

I'm very supportive to people who need it. I say it how it is to people who need that too

But Gizmo,

In that case what would be the point in waiting foanxietymsg1215810 andink I'll reinstate tonight. I have enough of the bs.

Want to say the right thing to you.  l don't consider myself one of intellectual bb, not by a mile. That being said, l've read posts by people like Parker and others that have explained all the technical reasons we heal if we CAN wait it out. The big word is  CAN  , I believe, not everyone CAN and should wait it out.  Anything is possible, that being said , in my journey I choose not to believe in permanent brain damage.  I don't have the strength to wait it out if doubt any more than I already do.

Don't let my post effect  any decision you need to make about reinstating. Everyone needs to do what is safe and right for them. I personally , at this time would not reinstate on the chance I might have permanent brain damage.  I've put in too many months.

The neurologist I saw a year ago told me these sx could not be wd sx. He was confident my sx were from anxiety. So  if I take another pill, lets say in 8 months or so, he would be treating anxiety and I never had damage from benzos.

FTFY

I had to google that one  :laugh:

Diaz,

:laugh:

You are so there my friend!  Concentrate on being free. 

:smitten:

Thanks. Getting there slowly......

But Gizmo,

Go ahead. We don't care.

Morechocolate,

You come on to the forum and are abrasive and unsupportive.  You say you support those who need it, well everyone here needs support.  You can not decide what people need to hear and then make statements that are rude and unpleasant.  This is not the mission of BB, we support everyone no matter what they decide.  FloridaGuy has already warned you about your posting.  Consider this your final warning. I fail to see how you have contributed to this thread in a positive manner. 

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling, will be banned.

pianogirl

But Gizmo,

The brain is very plastic Gussy. That being said you know that most of the people on here would be struggling with a 15mg withdrawal in 6 months. You are not a uniquely bad case to be struggling from a that withdrawal in that time frame. In fact it sits you pretty much amongst everyone on here. I don't believe in permanent benzo damage but time is needed with the brain. Either give it time without anything or give it time withdrawing: that is your choice; that is all of our choices. Now I do believe in anxiety disorders that may need treating for functionality and happiness. If you think you are one of them there are plenty of drugs - ADs particularly - that can help with that which are more stable long term then benzos

Hi island girl,

Ok I'm going to requote forward this so just maybe island girl can get a chance to see it  :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( please stop it, you made me cry now :'( :'(  :'( :'( :'(:'(

also gonna bump this past the other crap

Hi island girl,

Ok I'm going to requote forward this so just maybe island girl can get a chance to see it  :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( please stop it, you made me cry

Good stuff for anyone

I know this thread is about island girl but I thought that this my be the best place for some advice.

I  went to detox and Dr took away my benzos and put me on phenob 280 mgs 19 mts ago,  well the taper he had me on was way to fast 15mg cuts every 2 weeks( 30 mgs is equal to 10mgs Valium) was sure hell.

I got down to 30 mgs and B/P has been so bad plus so many other symptoms as well.

Last year at 30 mgs I had a seizure and they couldn't get b/p under control so DR(detox DR) up me to 60 mgs.  I couldn't tolerate remoron or gabapentin to help and I started to see new DR.  So I have had a plethora of health problems but have been at 60 mgs for a yr. 

I think on Oct 14 th I hit tolerance.  I think.

What I was wondering should I ask the DR to switch me over to 20 mgs Valium and  do a slow taper from that or should I taper from phenob which is not helping me any more,  I hope some one has some advice as what to do.    Thanks guys