How do I reinstate?

[Is...]

When in tolerance, for some reason, cutting has a tendency to make one feel a lot better. Before you try anything else, I would try that. And not micro cuts, but reasonable. I have experience with only Benzos and Neurontin. I hope that is helpful or if not, someone else will be more so.

m

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Gu...]

• [Bi...]

• [Is...]

I know this thread is about island girl but I thought that this my be the best place for some advice.

I  went to detox and Dr took away my benzos and put me on phenob 280 mgs 19 mts ago,  well the taper he had me on was way to fast 15mg cuts every 2 weeks( 30 mgs is equal to 10mgs Valium) was sure hell.

I got down to 30 mgs and B/P has been so bad plus so many other symptoms as well.

Last year at 30 mgs I had a seizure and they couldn't get b/p under control so DR(detox DR) up me to 60 mgs.  I couldn't tolerate remoron or gabapentin to help and I started to see new DR.  So I have had a plethora of health problems but have been at 60 mgs for a yr. 

I think on Oct 14 th I hit tolerance.  I think.

What I was wondering should I ask the DR to switch me over to 20 mgs Valium and  do a slow taper from that or should I taper from phenob which is not helping me any more,  I hope some one has some advice as what to do.    Thanks guys

Thanks Marina, Hope more can chime in.

I know this thread is about island girl but I thought that this my be the best place for some advice.

I  went to detox and Dr took away my benzos and put me on phenob 280 mgs 19 mts ago,  well the taper he had me on was way to fast 15mg cuts every 2 weeks( 30 mgs is equal to 10mgs Valium) was sure hell.

I got down to 30 mgs and B/P has been so bad plus so many other symptoms as well.

Last year at 30 mgs I had a seizure and they couldn't get b/p under control so DR(detox DR) up me to 60 mgs.  I couldn't tolerate remoron or gabapentin to help and I started to see new DR.  So I have had a plethora of health problems but have been at 60 mgs for a yr. 

I think on Oct 14 th I hit tolerance.  I think.

What I was wondering should I ask the DR to switch me over to 20 mgs Valium and  do a slow taper from that or should I taper from phenob which is not helping me any more,  I hope some one has some advice as what to do.    Thanks guys

Hi Robin

Sounds difficult. I'm afraid I have no experience or knowledge of phenob and other barbituates (it is a barbituate right?). There may be someone who knows something about switching to benzos to get off barbituates but you may have to start a new thread to get the widest possible pool of people

Your a bitch, MoreChocolate.

Just letting you know in case you were in any doubt.

Gussy!  Regardless as to what has gone on here, your comment is disrespectful and clearly against our forum guidlelines for proper response to members.

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members.

Rules and guidelines:

Bahahaha omg I missed someone calling someone else the "B" word, dang, I've wanted to do that sooooooo many times..

Benzy, If anyone can lighten up a thread...you can. :) Your great sense of humor is always welcome and appreciated. ;)

• 1 month later...

You'll need to smoke a joint and feel better!!!!

2bemeagain, you KNOW this is innapropriate, and that it violates our rules and guidelines..  Cut it out.

This is from our Rules and Guidelines:

•Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

Megan

Hi all,

I took benzo on and off for 2 weeks and made things worse.  It reminded me why I got off them.  I am now 38 days since my last dose. The constant need to walk has gotten better but the inner vibrations are never ending. Just feels like I am being shaken all the time and there is no sleep.... 

I wish it would stop.    Love IslandGirl

• 1 month later...

I have been Benzo free for 3 months and one week....the usual ups and Downs, but was pushing through. Last night I had a panic with an arrhythmia ' storm '...very awful and very different than the last panic I had 7 months ago. I took a rescue dose ( .25 ativan) .  It soothed the arrhythmias down after about 30 minutes. I chose the rescue dose as a pre-emptive step before ambulance/er

.....This morning I saw my physician who has tentatively diagnosed a virus influencing the sac surrounding my heart. He started an old time non z antibiotic and anti viral....He also prescribed pediatric dose of atenolol ( BP is too low for regular dose).......He also wants me to temporarily reinstate the ativan at. 25 ...am/pm.....as it does not drop down the BP so much and calms all the systems that impact the heart

.......So long story short...I want to believe this physician is somewhat Benzo wise and is doing what he thinks is best for me....I have decided to follow his directions. He is suggesting that 10-14 days at the total dose of. ,05 ( my taper dose was 1 mg....took 6months to taper)....So I guess that means I am reinstating at half my taper dose.....then I will havew to start all over, but I can't imagine not following his advice ( he explained to me that if the heart goes too long with erratic pattern it can then be unable to ' reset ' itself.....scary......really scary)  I am on light activity and guiet no stress 10 days.....( hopefully all of this will prevent another ' storm ' and avoid the hospital.....my point to all this is : ...sometimes you just have to do what seems right ....and hope it really is the right thing....this much I know....I am not looking forward to doing a taper all over again....but...I think I would be taking a big heaalth risk to not follow the physician 's advice......at least he is not suggesting going back to 2 mg....

..........any thoughts would be really really helpful......thanks.....coop

Coop,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I don't know anything about heart issues but I wonder why your doctor is putting you on an antibiotic if you have a virus.  Antibiotics are not effective for viruses.  Is this doctor a cardiologist?

There is no way I would tell you what to do in this instance, you have to do what is best for your health.  I really hope that this problem can be resolved soon. Do take it very easy and avoid stress so your heart can rest and heal.

pianogirl

Hi Cooperten,

Wow, so sorry. By what you describe, sounds like its endocarditis. If not treated, it can lead to some long lasting heart problems, albeit if that is the correct diagnosis. As your physician explained, the proper treatment is essential. Did he advise you to see a cardiologist? Obviously I can't comment on the benzo's. However we only have one heart, so lets take good care of it. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi PG....I asked him the same thing and he said the antibiotic is preventitive in case of secondary illness....he is not a cardiologist, but he consulted with one in the clinic and I am seeing one on Wed.....I really hope I am not being misprescribed back into Benzo. I guess I want to trust him because he wanted to reinstate at a low dose and for no longer than 14 days...and the çardiologist may suggest something else....in which case I would be reinstated for only 4 days equaling 8 doses....still a significant set back....

.....thank you Piano Girl....hope you are well and getting many sunbreaks and big windows....coop

Thank you CuddleM....Yes I am seeing a cardiologist on Wed. ...hoping he might have a protocol that side steps the ativan....somehow I am not too freaked out about this today...I guess I think it can not be life threateniñg or I would be in the hospital not at home...I am going to keep posting on the recovery board anyway. ..unless the moderators kick me off....heheee...

.  ..thanks again CM for the encouraging words....wishing you big sunny windows.....coop

Arrythmias so so much better today...really hoping the cardiologist will have a plan tomorrow that allows me to continue off the Benzo.....if so and my reainstatement is only 3-4 days ( crossing my fingers), do I need to taper down again from. ,5 ( total daily dose...split am/pm)....or can I just back it down to 0 again over a few days. ..thanks for any advice...I am afraid the doctor is just going to tell me to stay on low dose until antibiotic and antiviral is done and I don't want to so hoping for thoughts prior to appointment....thanks....coop

Dear Island Girl. It's good that you did what you did. You clearly had to to find out that it's not an option for you. Now you can relax. You will endure and it will pass. I can tell you from experience that your mind can be your best aly or worst enemy. Engage it for your good, be positive, hopeful, securein your inevitable healing ( and it is inevitable ) smile and laugh and engage in pleasure as much as possible and be kind and loving to and proud of yourself and your nervous system will reward you. Negativity and fear are gasoline to a fire. How you view this is important so you can help yourself, without blame or pressure. You're going to be fine.

m

• 2 months later...