Gabapentin (Neurontin) Withdrawl Support Group

[Is...]

I see many people complaining about putting on weight on gabapentin. I'm fighting cravings like crazy but it could be just anxiety. Did you manage to control you weight on this drug?

I see many people complaining about putting on weight on gabapentin. I'm fighting cravings like crazy but it could be just anxiety. Did you manage to control you weight on this drug?

I gained weight while on it. But I was also on an antidepressant as well so I’m not sure which is the culprit.

No, gabapentin didn't make me gain weight, thank heavens.  8)

gard, I waited for about a year (until I felt really well) to taper my other two drugs-- gabapentin and Ambien.

:smitten:

Katz

No, gabapentin didn't make me gain weight, thank heavens.  8)

gard, I waited for about a year (until I felt really well) to taper my other two drugs-- gabapentin and Ambien.

Katz

Uh oh. Perhaps I jumped the gun.::)

No necessarily, gard. I just didn't feel well enough to taper another drug.That went on for quite awhile. At about a year, I figured I could hack it. If you're feeling okay, I would say go for it.

Katz

No necessarily, gard. I just didn't feel well enough to taper another drug.That went on for quite awhile. At about a year, I figured I could hack it. If you're feeling okay, I would say go for it.

Katz

Thanks, Katz. :smitten: I was feeling OK. But not so much tapering the gabapentin. I'm doing cut and hold which is new for me. We'll see how it goes.

If things get bad, you could do a DLMT. I'm pretty sure I read that gabapentin is water soluble.

Katz

Yeah, I'm dissolving it already because I have 300mg capsules. Bleh. :P

Aaargh . . . 300 mg tablets. That's tough. The drug does come in 100 mg capsules. But if you're doing a "stealth taper" I get it that you wouldn't want to ask your doc for them. Bleh indeed.

Katz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well. Does anyone lnow if gabapentin prevents benzo healing.? I s5m so confused. I started taking it last may. I eas a mess and it is before I came to bb. I am not even sure what it does for me. I was in a bad state. I read somewere it prevents healing. Please tell me it is not true. Is it like coming off a benzo. I am scared. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I believe we heal a lot even though we are still on gabapentin. I jumped off my benzo and felt the healing begin within a month even though I was still taking gabapentin. Within 3 months I felt well enough to start my gabapentin taper. So far, it's sort of like a really mild benzo taper. I think if I slowed down, I might not even notice the symptoms. I don't think you need to worry about it.

Gardie :)

Gardener this is so reassuring. Suzy, most people I've read say it's not nearly as bad as bwd. Some say it's as bad but I think they're the exception. When I started I read every single post I could find on gabapentin.

Thank you Janice! I just.dont see how anything could be as bad as a benzo! I read something and it scared me. Who know if they were tapering in bwd or in paws. It could have been the benzo. I really hate drugs. I wont take another med again. Ugh love Suzy

I have a theory that most people who have trouble with the gabapentin started to taper before they were healed from the benzo. Just my 2 cents. :)

Hi Gardener,

That makes sense too me. They cannot distinguish what is the gsba ir a benzo wave. I totally agree.  :)

Yes, plus they're really stressing themselves when they add one withdrawal on top of another.

Hi Gardener,

That makes sense too me. They cannot distinguish what is the gsba ir a benzo wave. I totally agree.  :)

Yes, plus they're really stressing themselves when they add one withdrawal on top of another.

...like that Cantfly guy did..!!??

-though it was lyrica by then..

:)

I know that is to much!! No wonder they are going througj hell. The nervous sx is so fragile.  How long did you esit to taper? I jave no idea how my paws will be. I was so messed up when I got here. Bad  medical mistakes. The usual doctors do not know and we suffer the price. Love Suzy

Hi Gardener,

...like that Cantfly guy did..!!??

-though it was lyrica by then..

:)

Yeah, like you!! Naughty turtle! :nono:  :laugh: 

I know that is to much!! No wonder they are going througj hell. The nervous sx is so fragile.  How long did you esit to taper? I jave no idea how my paws will be. I was so messed up when I got here. Bad  medical mistakes. The usual doctors do not know and we suffer the price. Love Suzy

Check out my signature. I took forever! ::)