Gabapentin (Neurontin) Withdrawl Support Group

[Is...]

Hi to everyone, I’m new here!

I’m having severe problems withdrawing from Lyrica. I’ve been on it for just 2 months, 50 x 3 times a day most of the time. Now just a morning and evening 25 mg pill. I feel horribly. I feel the interdose withdrawal between morning and evening pill terribly. I don’t feel like myself. I can’t believe I have developed an addiction so quickly! And I’m very angry with my psychiatrist for not having warned me about this.

Two weeks of tapering now.

I don’t sleep most nights, feel horrible and irritable, sweat a lot, get panic attack and ‘agitation’ episodes, shake especially when lying down, I’m always somehow tense. Neuropatic pain worsened and my legs pulsate on their own. When I take the two remaining dose I feel somehow sedated and retarded but physical problems never go away. My appetite is gone and I have to force myself to eat. Sometimes I even feel like Lyrica is making my nose itchy. I even tried a antihistamine because of this but didn’t really work.

I was considering restarting Trazodone, I was taking Lyrica with it. And I have no idea how to remove the two remaining pills. For now I’ll stay on just 25 x 2 times a day.

Please, I’d love to talk to someone...

I’m also supposed to restart working (from home luckily) and I want to stay functional.

Do u guys feel very hot while tapering off this stuff. Hungry too! And ofcourse, crying about everything. I'm sorry if I skipped ppl. I'm not at my best today. ❤🤗

hmm, I am finding lyrica for occasional sleep or so I can get out is helpful.  Actually got 6 hours of sleep and did some gardening.  The non sleep has just ruined my body and is the reason I was put on benzos to begin with.

But yes it would make my situation messier but am suffering so on ambien and bit of valium, which I would like to quit already.  Valium does me no good and I am all vibratey, sweaty, weak, etc. on it and ambien.

There was once someone who said they took lyrica for a month and managed to get off the other stuff and then the lyrica.  THAT would be great.

Barbara you sound a lot better than a few months ago and I'm so glad to hear that. I hope you find the right combination of meds for you to sleep, stabilize and eventually taper a bit.

Barbara you sound a lot better than a few months ago and I'm so glad to hear that. I hope you find the right combination of meds for you to sleep, stabilize and eventually taper a bit.

Me too Barbara, you do sound better and that is so nice to hear!!  I hope you can keep moving forward 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷😷😘😘😘.  Mary!

Hi to everyone, I’m new here!

I’m having severe problems withdrawing from Lyrica. I’ve been on it for just 2 months, 50 x 3 times a day most of the time. Now just a morning and evening 25 mg pill. I feel horribly. I feel the interdose withdrawal between morning and evening pill terribly. I don’t feel like myself. I can’t believe I have developed an addiction so quickly! And I’m very angry with my psychiatrist for not having warned me about this.

Two weeks of tapering now.

I don’t sleep most nights, feel horrible and irritable, sweat a lot, get panic attack and ‘agitation’ episodes, shake especially when lying down, I’m always somehow tense. Neuropatic pain worsened and my legs pulsate on their own. When I take the two remaining dose I feel somehow sedated and retarded but physical problems never go away. My appetite is gone and I have to force myself to eat. Sometimes I even feel like Lyrica is making my nose itchy. I even tried a antihistamine because of this but didn’t really work.

I was considering restarting Trazodone, I was taking Lyrica with it. And I have no idea how to remove the two remaining pills. For now I’ll stay on just 25 x 2 times a day.

Please, I’d love to talk to someone...

I’m also supposed to restart working (from home luckily) and I want to stay functional.

Hi!

I have not started tapering this type of drug yet as I’m still tapering Benzos. I have always believed In microtapering and using liquid to keep the withdrawals at a minimum to keep myself functional. I’m sure lyrica can be compounded. You don’t want to go too fast.. been there.

Lora

Hi everyone,

I lowered my gabap a couple weeks ago. I feel better than I did. Did anyone skin feel strange. It burns somewhat and sweating on and off. It's not that bad just uncomfortable.  I hope it levels of soon. Thank you.

Does anyone know how long the gabapentin wd sx last. I dropped my dose 300 on august 17, I feel somewhat better but it's kind of scary. I'll wait till im off the k before I do this again. Ugh. My dr. Is a jerk. 300. I'm thinking maybe updose but it might be late. This morning was awful. I'm almost scared to get up. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you.

When I started reducing my gaba, I dropped by 100 mgs at a time. I felt dizzy and headachey and sort of stupid, but that only lasted a couple of days. When I felt better, I waited a week, then dropped another 100 mgs. It's a miserable drug to w/d from, I found. But the w/ds did not last as long as benzos w/ds.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Thanks Oregonkatz,

I think 300 was to much. I still have minor sx but I couldnt do 300 again. Omg! Next time I'll try the 100. I felt the sx for about 3 weeks but I dropped more. These drs get me so upset. Hope you are feeling well.

Thanks Oregonkatz,

I think 300 was to much. I still have minor sx but I couldnt do 300 again. Omg! Next time I'll try the 100. I felt the sx for about 3 weeks but I dropped more. These drs get me so upset. Hope you are feeling well.

Suzy, I'd tell the doctor you feel awful and you want to go back to 600. Then I'd stay on your current dose, what you're taking now, but stock up the rest in case she decides to cut you off completely. That way you have a stash for the future to taper at your own pace, not hers. That's just what I'd do.

Thanks v, that's a good idea! I'm already stashing effexor, I feel like you can never trust what a psych may do. Just because they messed me up so bad.  I wo t be cutting that much again. I'm going to tell her it was awful, I guarantee she will say those aren't wd sx, even though they are written all over the internet,  I didnt read about a. Because I didnt want to scare myself and then you can imagine them.  Though it's not worth the fight with her.

Thanks v, that's a good idea! I'm already stashing effexor, I feel like you can never trust what a psych may do. Just because they messed me up so bad.  I wo t be cutting that much again. I'm going to tell her it was awful, I guarantee she will say those aren't wd sx, even though they are written all over the internet,  I didnt read about a. Because I didnt want to scare myself and then you can imagine them.  Though it's not worth the fight with her.

I think you're not lucky with your psych dr.  I'd try to convince her to up your prescription again but maybe making it look like she comes up with the idea? Like, maybe telling her that you sleep much worse than you used to and that maybe she was right and that you do need the gabapentin after all. Just my thoughts. My psych dr. is not too awful considering what I went through when I was looking for a decent dr. last summer, but he's still very narcissistic and never accepts anything that he hasn't come up with, so I try to make it all sound like his idea. For instance he has me on two doses a day even though EVERY SINGLE SOURCE says that gabapentin should be dosed three times a day. He absolutely denies and literally laughs out loud when I tell him that benzo withdrawal has caused me cognitive damage as I cannot do operations or keep up with concepts that used to be simple for me, and he denies hundreds of things just because he hasn't seen them on one of his books or because it wasn't he who came up with the idea. And still, he's the best I found, so go figure.

Again I'll make it clear that I would not reinstate your previous gabapentin dose. This is all to build a stash in case she decides to cut you off altogether. Knowing her like you do, it wouldn't seem impossible so it's better to be prepared, just in case.

You know it's weird. They all have ego problems. You can tell them anything. I feel like I'm there to feed there ego . Patients should be heard. They probably just think, oh they are mentally I'll I cant believe them. Ahhhh! It really upsets me. It's really sad and so many people getting hurt and going back on meds thinking this is the real them. Its disgusting! I used to change antidepressants all the time because they said you need the right combination. Well after 20 years I dont think it's working. I hope that didnt mess my receptors up worse. The benzo does cause cognitive issues.  Sometimes my mi d goes blank and I forget things I know. At least your is pretty de ent. As long as we get our prescriptions, we do what we have to do. I feel like an addict. Jim does my does and I crush it now. You can imagine how that looks. I'm rambling. I will build up my stash. I never want too see one again unless I find a good one.

[e8...]

Used Gabapentin to help with Valium taper.  After about 9 weeks, can someone recommend a taper?  Does it have to be tapered at 10%?

Thanks!

Has anyone had increased muscle pain lowering gabap. My psych dr. Just upset me. She thinks I have a medical condition. I have had it with these drs. I'm going to bust into tears. She looks at me like I'm a freak. I felt 8t 2hen I lowered my dose. I had the pain which was getting better from a bad co from x to v by a different psych. It got better as I held. She doesnt believe that either. A medical condition. I can handle the pain now I'm questioning the whole thing. She tells me to see a neurologist. Maybe I should idk. If anyone has a similar experience could you help me.

Has anyone had increased muscle pain lowering gabap. My psych dr. Just upset me. She thinks I have a medical condition. I have had it with these drs. I'm going to bust into tears. She looks at me like I'm a freak. I felt 8t 2hen I lowered my dose. I had the pain which was getting better from a bad co from x to v by a different psych. It got better as I held. She doesnt believe that either. A medical condition. I can handle the pain now I'm questioning the whole thing. She tells me to see a neurologist. Maybe I should idk. If anyone has a similar experience could you help me.

DD I'm very sorry you're going through this. Maybe if you don't have to pay any extra for the neurologyst, maybe the neurologyst would hold the dose and be wiser than the psych dr. if you're lucky?

Omg v! Everytime I talk to her, I'm so traumatized.  Them the health anxiety starts. I feel ok. The muscles are getting better anyway. I did go to the gym so I'm sure that didnt help. Maybe I will just go to my back dr. That I have now due to bwd and inactivity and have her check my arm. I couldnt have hurt that carrying the bags. Ugh ly ❤

DD I'm very sorry you're going through this. Maybe if you don't have to pay any extra for the neurologyst, maybe the neurologyst would hold the dose and be wiser than the psych dr. if you're lucky?

Hi!! I see a neurologist for my tapering. My psychiatrist refused to give me a liquid script to taper and  wanted me to see a neurologist. Muscle pain and tightness have been a huge factor in my benzo withdrawal and I experienced it when I cut 100 mg of Gabapentin. Which I am holding until I finish Benzos. These meds relax muscles so it would only make sense for them to tense up and hurt when withdrawing. It’s a shame these psychiatrists are so clueless. Scary, too. My neurologist has saved my life and they tend to know and understand the withdrawal symptoms more. In my experience anyway. 

Hey Thanks l!

Maybe I will go to a neurologist. It would be great to get away from her and my therapist too. It really is sad. Everytime I have the conversation and they look at me like a lyer. I'm calming down. I wont be doing that again. It was a bad time, I should have known better. I'm so glad you found someone good. ❤👍

Hey Thanks l!

Maybe I will go to a neurologist. It would be great to get away from her and my therapist too. It really is sad. Everytime I have the conversation and they look at me like a lyer. I'm calming down. I wont be doing that again. It was a bad time, I should have known better. I'm so glad you found someone good. ❤👍

You totally should. Mine understands the repercussions of going cold turkey and tapering too fast. I’d shop for a new therapist, too. Your mental health is so important especially when coming off of this stuff. It’s also important to know that you’re not alone with the muscle pain. It’s been grueling at times. I will also note that I am a healthy 25 year old woman. No preexisting issues. Just withdrawal. I hope this validates your feelings and makes you feel a little better.  ❤️

Oh thank you so much you guys! My drs. Have been so awful. Your righ l, I will look into the neurologist. This is affecting my well being. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone with muscle pain. I hope yours it's getting better. Thank you for that article gardener! Wow! Sometimes I think so e of these drs should be locked up. It's just how I feel. ❤❤❤😢