Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

Today I am so grateful for my life. I was finally able to drive for a whole hour today and not have any issues with it. I was also able to go on a bike ride. A few weeks ago this would never have been possible for me. I enjoyed every second of it thoroughly!

Makes me feel like a normal person, doing all these Normal things. I guess I am more healed than I was leading myself to believe.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

Thats awesome! Funny how its the simple things in life that can make all the difference. When I first started to heal I took notice in the most mundane if lifes experiences and just how much I had missed them.

I love the simple things in life now, this experience has given me a lot of perspective ,on things I have been taking for grantid. I never appreciated life so much as I do now. So bieng forced to slow down has its positives.  :thumbsup:

I haven't visited this thread in awhile but it is inspiring hearing good news for a change. I had the best father's day I've had in three years because I was relatively symptom free and got to spend the whole day with kids and grandkids instead of laying in bed. Hooray!!!

The simple, small things are the big ones. How many people would never be addicted to benzos if they had the love and care and attention of other people for a period they needed.. I often think about that..

Today I felt better and my friend gave me a call and came along and brought her 2 dogs with.. Again she had the feeling that I couldn't make a long meeting, so she just said hello, I hugged the two dogs, we had a little talk and then they went home.. but I have seen more than TV today.. and the dogs used the short time to destroy my garden so that I have things to do tomorrow ::)

I am happy that I have such a friend. It s a real woman friendship (what is the right word for that in english??). I can tell anything to her and she would understand and reverse.. we are both crazy persons.. I have other friends, too, but she is my soulmate. I really love my partner but she gets me even faster when I talk to her :angel:

So - in your words, she is my buddy, right? :smitten:

I visited my 94 year old Dad who lives outside Boston- 3 hours from me. So glad I had that time with him since life is short. So proud of myself I was able to sit in the car on the Mass Turnpike in traffic for that long without freaking out- I didn't drive but being a passenger can be stressful too- especially with my husband's driving!  :D

Hi Marigold,

Perhaps she would be known as *YOUR BEST FRIEND*?

We are all so lucky if we have one. The one who gets you...thru the good, bad, and the ugly...no matter what.  I love my *BEST FRIEND* because she makes me laugh, and we laugh at the silliest things  :laugh:

FB ~

Hi Marigold,

Perhaps she would be known as *YOUR BEST FRIEND*?

We are all so lucky if we have one. The one who gets you...thru the good, bad, and the ugly...no matter what.  I love my *BEST FRIEND* because she makes me laugh, and we laugh at the silliest things  :laugh:

FB ~

Ahhh! my best friend of course:-)

It took me a long time to find her... others came and left but I hope she will by my side till I die :smitten:

FlutterByee,

I LOVE your name by the way, I always say that, instead of butterfly....soo cute!! Im just curious as to where you live? Best friend is really common here...in the States...

FlutterByee,

I LOVE your name by the way, I always say that, instead of butterfly....soo cute!! Im just curious as to where you live? Best friend is really common here...in the States...

Thank you Hope&Faith :)

I hale from good ole S. Texas  :thumbsup:

How about you?

In the last 24hrs I have re-connected with 2 lovely and very supportive buddies here on the forum. Makes me happy  :smitten:

FB  :highfive:

Oh, Im sorry the way I read your posts it sounded like you might be from abroad....lol...im on the west coast...

Taught my dog how to swim in the pool. :thumbsup:8) Got some vitamin D and made homage pizza.

Good going. I got them to use the ladder too. They just followed me up.

Taught my dog how to swim in the pool. :thumbsup:8) Got some vitamin D and made homage pizza.

Oh my god that must look sooooo cute! My dog would never do that. Could get wet!!! No way! Even not if sausages were in that pool. Nope... :idiot:

[86...]

I've created a monster. She won't get out! Today she was even diving down to get her toys!  :laugh: it's great though because here in CA, it's soooooo hot right now. It's  hard to get her out and run off her puppy energy, but apparently I own part dolphin.

[86...]

Oh my god that must look sooooo cute! My dog would never do that. Could get wet!!! No way! Even not if sausages were in that pool. Nope... :idiot:

It's adorable! My other 2, NO WAY. Same, but this little one just loves the water. It's so sweet to watch and a GREAT distraction.

You dog must not be a retriever. My three spend all day in the pool, on rafts, just floating around...... ;D

I went for a walk last evening. First time I've done that in months and months. It was nice.

well done!! I am happy for you!

Good job, Fluter! I spent every day this week at the gym, doing very hard workouts. Now I need some Tylenol........