Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

I had an emotionally charged talk with my spouse—and the situation did not escalate. We were calm and found an emotional connection.

:smitten:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

I'm on my second day of tinnitus being very quiet after a week of it being very loud and keeping me from sleeping, I know it will get loud again as my cut progresses but a couple of days rest is magic. :thumbsup:

I had a bit of a window last night. The blinds weren't open all the way, but I'll take it!  ;)

:) Cute, Grandma and sweet....We got to get those blinds to open wider. And we will!  Great analogy..... :smitten:

I made a 4 course meal! An actual sit-down dinner. Parmesan Chicken, Steamed Broccoli in a light seasoned sauce, Quinoa with asst veggies added, and baked yams. It was actually fun and surprisingly easy! Things are looking up..... ;D

I made a 4 course meal! An actual sit-down dinner. Parmesan Chicken, Steamed Broccoli in a light seasoned sauce, Quinoa with asst veggies added, and baked yams. It was actually fun and surprisingly easy! Things are looking up..... ;D

That dinner sounds absolutely delicious. Good for you!  :clap:

That dinner sounds absolutely delicious. Good for you!  :clap:

Thanks, Grandma....it went really easy. I was surprised. Maybe I'll have Thanksgiving here.....not!  haha  I served enough of those in my day to know better... ::)

Sounds delicious! We raise our own chickens. Free range- no anti-biotics, growth hormone, etc. You can taste the difference. And people rave on our eggs. If you have the room, everyone should try raising a few. :thumbsup:

A plunger I bought from Amazon actually works brilliantly  :thumbsup: Kitchen and bathroom sinks kept getting blocked no matter what I put down them and my kitchen kept getting flooded with really stinky dirty water. Its not great when you feel like your dying and you got to try clean that lot up plus be a bloody plumber as well when you can barely stand up or walk.

My home also smelled like the sewers for months as whatever was causing the blockage sent a stink from every plug hole, my shower and toilet I couldn't get rid of and my sense of smell is seriously hypersensitive. :D If I can smell it whatever it is as our sense of smell and taste work as one, I could taste it as well  So enter this Concertina plunge two pumps HOORAY!! SORTED!!!  :yippee:

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I went on a hike to what seemed like the top of the world in the mountains of Virginia. We could see for 360 degrees but there were these amazing waves of fog that made it look surreal. The people I hiked with--all strangers until that day--were nice and I enjoyed hanging out with them. It was a good reminder that I can feel like crap physically and still have a good experience.

Mtfan, looks like you are doing good and pretty drug free, if you dont mind me asking how was it that you got put on all those drugs and now seem to not need them?

Mtfan, you reminded me of an experience I had years ago. Some close friends and I were hiking the Appalachian trail when the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened. We ran into a group of obvious Southerners and joined their campfire. We were sharing food, laughs, and stories when a young man in the group said, "Y'all sound like Yankees to me." There was a stunned silence and I said, "That was just an accident of birth. Besides we're all Americans now." His friends agreed and the laughter quickly resumed. But that young man didn't open his mouth the rest of the night and continually gave me dirty looks. I still feel sad for him. I hope he has learned to love. Sad story, huh? :-[

Sounds delicious! We raise our own chickens. Free range- no anti-biotics, growth hormone, etc. You can taste the difference. And people rave on our eggs. If you have the room, everyone should try raising a few. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean, confused! The chicken I used to buy came from my grocery store...I found some at my health food store that is absolutely to die for...it's so tender like tenderloin....so yummy! The taste is def better. Their eggs are better, too. I used to think an egg is an egg and chicken is just chicken, but not any more! I've tasted the difference. It's heaven.  :angel:

Some one just told me my eyes are not as red as they have been.

This made me realize that they are not so itchy and the floating things I would see when I looked out of a window either have gone or are reduced very much.

Not really sure what to think about this but I will take what ever good I can :)

Some one just told me my eyes are not as red as they have been.

This made me realize that they are not so itchy and the floating things I would see when I looked out of a window either have gone or are reduced very much.

Not really sure what to think about this but I will take what ever good I can :)

Yes. Take it! That's good news....you are going forward, my friend.... :smitten:

Mtfan, looks like you are doing good and pretty drug free, if you dont mind me asking how was it that you got put on all those drugs and now seem to not need them?

Good question. It all started with migraines and depression that was "treatment resistant" so they kept adding more and more drugs. Then I was diagnosed with ADD, then came CFS/fibro, supraventricular tachycardia (turned out to be a side effect of the drugs). Many of the drugs treated more than one condition like help both pain and depression or anxiety and pain. In 2012 I stopped being able to sleep despite the crapload of meds and realized I might as well come off some. That started the adventure and I began learning about the damage the drugs caused. My health is actually better than it's been in 20 years but I have a lot of misery of course from the wd.

Confused, I've gotten hassled at times for being a damn yankee as well but mostly people are pretty kind and accepting. It can be hard making friends though because folks seem to keep the same friend networks. Getting involved with meetup.com has helped. It's sad when we humans judge each other for any reason.

I'm undecided. I don't have anything like normal stamina. I can push myself to exercise (usually) but spend most of the rest of my time quite sedentary. I keep waiting for some payoff from the exercise in added stamina. There are some other symptoms like fevers that seem to indicate that the CFS is sticking around but who knows.

This is my favorite thread, some really good motivating things in here, :thumbsup:

Today I woke up with only very mild anxiety and tinnitus, stayed in bed for a while and they went away and for the first time that I remember this year I was relaxed and comfortable enough to just be in bed in the morning. :) that was pure bliss and I hung out for about an hour, if today stays a good day I shall see about going out for diner tonight.

FYI I dropped down 4 days ago to the equivalent of 2.75mg of valium.

This is my favorite thread, some really good motivating things in here, :thumbsup:

Today I woke up with only very mild anxiety and tinnitus, stayed in bed for a while and they went away and for the first time that I remember this year I was relaxed and comfortable enough to just be in bed in the morning. :) that was pure bliss and I hung out for about an hour, if today stays a good day I shall see about going out for diner tonight.

Good news, 2T!  Moving right along..... :clap:

Good news, 2T!  Moving right along..... :clap:

Thanks, I am feeling optimistic but not brash as I know things can change in a minute.

• 2 weeks later...
Awoke with terrible pain in shoulder which triggered an unbelievable migraine.  I was asking God to take me.  I found an expired Imitrex thinking it won't do anything - an hour later I was better and even drove to do errands.  Good thing.  I'll take it.  Have to get some more Imitrex I guess.  I guess in some acute stuff. WBB

• 2 months later...