Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

Hi, Ontheroad, hope you are doing well, and enjoying being off of the Benzo's. Marigold hope you are doing better, still enjoy your posts. Have a wonderful 24hrs to both of you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks Begood- I am SO happy to be off the xanax!1 still struggling with withdrawal  symptoms- but every day I am one step closer to healed- or at least that is what I tell myself!!! ;D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

Hi, Ontheroad, hope you are doing well, and enjoying being off of the Benzo's. Marigold hope you are doing better, still enjoy your posts. Have a wonderful 24hrs to both of you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks Begood- I am SO happy to be off the xanax!1 still struggling with withdrawal  symptoms- but every day I am one step closer to healed- or at least that is what I tell myself!!! ;D

Your Great Faith and Courage will see you through, I could not do this without Him. :smitten:

I'm very happy right now. For the first time since I jumped I was able to compose a song I was satisfied with on the guitar. I asked what my wife what she thought of it and she said it reminded her of a scene in a movie where someone was just murdered and the guy just walks away. I try to write music for films.

Anywho very good stuff means my brains is starting to work again! I have been trying to play since I jumped, but my brain just wasn't doing what it was supposed to. I mean I could play but I couldn't tap into my soul to express myself. So it hasn't been fun playing until today, but I did keep practicing so my brain retained the knowledge.

[33...]

This morning I broke 3000 miles (4828 km) for cycling for the year (my year runs July 16-July 15 each year).  Still have 10 days to go.  Might break 5000 km!?!

Wow! I'm impressed. I wonder what type of bike you have?

betsy :)

I ride a Trek FX 7.5 for my long rides now.  Still use an old Specialized Crossroads (also a hybrid) for my daily commute.

fwiw - I rode 231 miles in and around Yellowstone and the Tetons last week which put me well over 5000 km for the year ending July 15.  Total climb last week was around 11,000 feet.  I was pushed, but survived.

This morning I broke 3000 miles (4828 km) for cycling for the year (my year runs July 16-July 15 each year).  Still have 10 days to go.  Might break 5000 km!?!

Wow! I'm impressed. I wonder what type of bike you have?

betsy :)

I ride a Trek FX 7.5 for my long rides now.  Still use an old Specialized Crossroads (also a hybrid) for my daily commute.

fwiw - I rode 231 miles in and around Yellowstone and the Tetons last week which put me well over 5000 km for the year ending July 15.  Total climb last week was around 11,000 feet.  I was pushed, but survived.

I'm very impressed. I could not do that, so I'm happy you can. It must keep you healthy.

What I did in the last 24 hours: I had such a bad day yesterday (I wrote about it the w/d section) so I finally made long wanted reservations with a good friend to take a vacation to St. Bart's for 10 lovely days. I plan to para sail, water ski, swim, wind surf and best of all, DO NOTHING!

Betsy :)

Thanks OTR:

The best thing I did in the last 24 hours. Lobster dinner and para sailing!!!!!!!

whats para sailing?? I see you flying in the air on a rope to a boat but I mention that is not right :laugh:

but lobster seems a good idea :)

Yesterday my son got married!! I was able to travel the 4 hours each  way  to attend the wedding. Stayed in a hotel without panicking!  I danced with my son  for the solo mother son dance! . I had a few bad patches here and there but I was able to cope without xanax. It was a beautiful day and ceremony- I shed a few tears of joy and  also  tremendous pride for my son! I was also proud of myself for coming this far in my benzo journey. A few months back I couldn't imagine how I would be able to attend the wedding/rehearsal dinner because I felt so horrible. Life is improving day by day! I m so grateful for that!! . Enjoy those seafood dinners Betsy!  :thumbsup:

[33...]

Thanks OTR:

The best thing I did in the last 24 hours. Lobster dinner and para sailing!!!!!!!

Way cool!  I want to try para sailing sometime.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yesterday my son got married!! I was able to travel the 4 hours each  way  to attend the wedding. Stayed in a hotel without panicking!  I danced with my son  for the solo mother son dance! . I had a few bad patches here and there but I was able to cope without xanax. It was a beautiful day and ceremony- I shed a few tears of joy and  also  tremendous pride for my son! I was also proud of myself for coming this far in my benzo journey. A few months back I couldn't imagine how I would be able to attend the wedding/rehearsal dinner because I felt so horrible. Life is improving day by day! I m so grateful for that!! . Enjoy those seafood dinners Betsy!  :thumbsup:

Thats wonderful! I am happy for you. Your son must be proud of you, too. I would. I am!

:thumbsup:

[33...]

This is so incredible.  Congratulations for getting your life back!!!!!! 

Yesterday was the last day of my antibiotic. After 6 weeks. Yummy!

So I ate 3 chocolate bars, ice-cream, dairy products (which I normally do not eat at all), gluten (spaghetti), milk..

- ok I ate EVERYTHING that is not healthy that I could find in the small supermarket.

Feeling great now.

Tomorrow I will continue.

With Friday I will return to healthy food but NOW it is YUMMYYYYYY Time!!!

:smitten:

I was able to get my hair cut today.

I think my hairdresser was in withdrawal. I look like a little boy now. :idiot:

and paid so much money..

But hey - I am not a vain person 8)

I am happy to drive all the way with my car through the heat and sitting in the hot hairdressers room :crazy:

And my knees are still hurting so much I couldn't walk straight - but I did it..

Again something good happens.

Been awhile since I visited this thread but this one struck home for me as I have a son getting married next April. Congratulations!!! I really hope I'm able to attend my son's wedding. Yesterday was my wife's birthday and we went out to eat at a nice little Mexican place close to our house. This was the first time in almost 18 months we've been out to eat,  big step for me. I drove separately so I could leave early and did end up leaving a little early. But still, big step!

It's good you could go out to eat confused1.  Mexican food is good.  It used to settle my stomach eating spicy food.  Why did you have to leave early?

My anxiety sometimes turns to a tinge of agoraphobia. My brain starts churning out thoughts of, "What if I have a panic attack and lose control? I'll embarrass my wife in front of all these people." All the noise and chaos that used to be fun isn't now. It's like when you were a kid and it was fun to spin around and get dizzy. Now when I get dizzy I think I'm dying, lol. So I started getting nervous and decided to leave. Still it was nice and I'm glad I went out.

My anxiety sometimes turns to a tinge of agoraphobia. My brain starts churning out thoughts of, "What if I have a panic attack and lose control? I'll embarrass my wife in front of all these people." All the noise and chaos that used to be fun isn't now. It's like when you were a kid and it was fun to spin around and get dizzy. Now when I get dizzy I think I'm dying, lol. So I started getting nervous and decided to leave. Still it was nice and I'm glad I went out.

Baby steps, it's the best route during all of this my friend. Good for you, you should be happy  and proud .:thumbsup:

I found a new nabe to take my trash for me and she is kind.  I don't have weekly trash pickup.  My next-door nabe, who I used to be able to put my trash with, is diagnosed schizophrenic and she turned on me and screamed at me that I couldn't put my trash out with hers anymore.  Another good thing that happened is that they committed her to a group home for the mentally ill and now I and her bf won't be abused by her for awhile. 

• 1 month later...
Many good things! But I'll limit it to my favorite: today I took on a major aspect of my anxiety which is driving new places on extremely busy roads. (Houston drivers will kill you and laugh about it.) Did it twice, wasn't scared either time. I swear this taper is making me stronger.