In Memory of WFR -- PLEASE READ!!!

dmw61: Well said :clap: As an "experienced" friend of mine put it, "don't play with crazy, 'cause crazy doesn't play". For those of us who find war and struggle a useful metaphor for this benzo business, as I do, let me recommend "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. The Giles translation and commentary is in a class by itself.

If a situation can be framed as a conflict, and you want to emerge victorious, this is the book to read. It sometimes requires skilfull interpretation: "All warfare is based on deception". Does this mean a good general lies to his troops, or a good therapist deceives her clients? Perhaps it can be taken less literally, to mean that sometimes we must trick ourselves into wisdom; a direct, frontal approach won't work.

Aweigh

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [dm...]

• [aw...]

• [ro...]

dmw61: Well said :clap: As an "experienced" friend of mine put it, "don't play with crazy, 'cause crazy doesn't play". For those of us who find war and struggle a useful metaphor for this benzo business, as I do, let me recommend "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. The Giles translation and commentary is in a class by itself.

If a situation can be framed as a conflict, and you want to emerge victorious, this is the book to read. It sometimes requires skilfull interpretation: "All warfare is based on deception". Does this mean a good general lies to his troops, or a good therapist deceives her clients? Perhaps it can be taken less literally, to mean that sometimes we must trick ourselves into wisdom; a direct, frontal approach won't work.

Aweigh

?  I don't completely understand... What does this mean?

Sky, it's probably not possible to 'explain' this. At least, not by me. Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan talks about having to trick the student out of his ordinary mind and into magical knowlege. The two really effective therapists I've worked with both used strategems not unlike these to fool the client into seeing something that we could see in no other way, because of our attachment to the old ways. All I can say is--"it works".

Aweigh

Dear Hoosierfan,

I am sorry for your loss, sorry for WFR's family's loss, and sorry for WFR that this happened to her...and brought her to such a dark place that her only way out was suicide...I am sure she was suffering terribly.....and I believe she is free from her suffering now.

So very sad.

I hope this renews our faith to continue fighting....and to heal together..

Thank you for saying more, doing more and honoring your dear friend....

Even the strongest person can be brought to their knees by this drug...

I am sure, if we are all honest, many of us have thought about ending the suffering..not our lives, but at least the suffering....

I have definitely thought about ending the suffering...but not my life...

I hope we all continue to be good to one another and continue our individual, but group walk towards healing...

God Bless you all,  and much love to you all,

Causingpain

(((((((Hoosierfans)))))))

Dear WFR, I hope you have now found the relief you could not get here. 

Hoosierfans, I've printed out your article, and have it by my night stand. I have Bipolar I, with mixed states, so your suggestions and tips are doubly important to me.

As much as I dog psychiatrist in my messages, if it wasn't for that game of beeper tag or calling the answering service, and getting a hold of someone, anyone to just smack my mind in a different direction, I wouldn't be here.

Holding you (Hoosierfans), WFR's family and friends gently in the light.

Bat

HF:  What a great post.  This is going to help and possibly save someone.  I know you are grieving your friend right now and I am so impressed that you paid tribute to your friend by posting this informative thread.  I am proud to call you my buddy  :smitten:.  Take care.  Much love!!! TG

WFR:

May God grant you the peace and serenity that illuded you for so long while you dwelt here; may He accept you into his mansion and prepare a place for you at His table in the company of His Fellows where you will no longer ever experience the depression, anxiety, and panic, and insomniia that plagued you for so long as you endured your existense here; in this coorrupted Earthly realm where we all find our imperfect existence.

I pray now that you finally know peace...in the timeless realm of the Infinite...that you are no longer plagued by a diseased body any mind corrupted by hindering medications...that you are now a free spirit, separating the "My" and the "Self"...That you now transcend the "myself" and truly know the pure spirituality associated with utter selflessness and you know peace and tranquility of knowing neither need nor want.

That you know the utter peace and tranquility of knowing the great Love of the Infinite...as universal awareness fills your soul and you leave this corrupted, diseased existence behind.

This is my prayer for you.

Grieveing  :'(

David

I've only been here a couple days so I don't know anyone.

This is so f*n scary.

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry for the loss that you guys have had.

My heart crashes like waves over shore

Let my cry come to you as their incessant roar

A Lament:

Listen to the pounding in my heart

As I listen for the beat of yours

My strength withers

My mind struggles to focus and attend to chores

I can only join my sorrow to yours

I cry out, Lord, begging you to hear me

I feel, again, the angst of death

Its relentless daze

The weariness

I fall like water over ancient rock.

_me    farewell, gentle spirit... may you find comfort,

may you dwell w/ the angels, and

may you rest in peace... a sweet, well deserved peace. 

This is so f*n scary.

Thank you for the post.

Hi Purple

This was a horrible tragedy, but the one thing that I'm sure WFR would not want you to do is to be frightened. The vast majority of people do get through their tapers and they do heal. That's the thing you need to focus on.

I didn't personally know WFR, but it's possible there were other things going on that made her take such a drastic step. I'm also uncertain if it was intentional or if it was a terrible terrible accident.  I'm not sure if anyone has said either way. In a way I hope it was an accident.

The main thing is to please just keep your own goals in focus and take each day as it comes. Also please keep in mind that if you ever feel that you just can't cope or that you can't carry on PLEASE speak to a professional. We are all here to support each other, and offer advice and comfort, but we are limited in what we can really do for each other. Sometimes you need to reach out to people in the real-life world.

My heart crashes like waves over shore

Let my cry come to you as their incessant roar

A Lament:

Listen to the pounding in my heart

As I listen for the beat of yours

My strength withers

My mind struggles to focus and attend to chores

I can only join my sorrow to yours

I cry out, Lord, begging you to hear me

I feel, again, the angst of death

Its relentless daze

The weariness

I fall like water over ancient rock.

_me    farewell, gentle spirit... may you find comfort,

may you dwell w/ the angels, and

may you rest in peace... a sweet, well deserved peace.

This is nice, NJoy.  Sweet of you such writing.

-SZ-

This is so f*n scary.

Thank you for the post.

Hi Purple

This was a horrible tragedy, but the one thing that I'm sure WFR would not want you to do is to be frightened. The vast majority of people do get through their tapers and they do heal. That's the thing you need to focus on.

I didn't personally know WFR, but it's possible there were other things going on that made her take such a drastic step. I'm also uncertain if it was intentional or if it was a terrible terrible accident.  I'm not sure if anyone has said either way. In a way I hope it was an accident.

The main thing is to please just keep your own goals in focus and take each day as it comes. Also please keep in mind that if you ever feel that you just can't cope or that you can't carry on PLEASE speak to a professional. We are all here to support each other, and offer advice and comfort, but we are limited in what we can really do for each other. Sometimes you need to reach out to people in the real-life world.

Very well stated, Diaz. 

-SZ-

NJoy:

That's excellent! Either provide attribution or take a bow. Welcome back, homegirl  :thumbsup:

Aweigh

I always provide attribution... and it is mine to share.  so I did.  seems a simple gesture.  _me

Just call me the benzo-reader. In one eye and out the other... :idiot: It is a pretty small -me. Just took my melatonin, a little late than usual. It's starting to lose effect and I don't want to go > 3 mg, so time to dial it back for a while, then it'll work when I really need it. Oh, and I forgot the please...retroactively, "please provide..."

Peaceful sneezes from uranium dragons,

Aweigh

Diaz, I want to second that "well said"--I too had been thinking how we, or most of us, don't know enough about WFR's background to be sure there wasn't some other factor, apart from drug-aftermath, at work in what happened.  And I agree also that the last thing she would have wanted was for anyone to succumb to fear or despair in the wake of her loss.  The message here is what HoosierFan said when she started this thread: Choose to LIVE, and then do everything you can to take loving care of yourself through this ordeal, to make life not only possible but compelling.  Healing CAN and will. 

Wishing everyone a gentle day -

Peace,

Rek