• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [dm...]

• [aw...]

• [ro...]

AWFUL.

RIP Waiting for Relief.  I will be praying for her family and friends.

A NOTE FOR OTHER BUDDIES: When I was in the throes of benzo withdrawal and had no hope, another buddy committed suicide, and it sent me into a tailspin. It took me down a dark road. LISTEN TO ME: You are not WFR. Don't lose hope. Everyone recovers. You can't see it or feel it now because of withdrawal symptoms, but you will recover.

I am so sorry Hoosier - RIP WFR.  My thoughts are with her family...

You wrote a tender and very inspiring post in her honor which will help many BB's. I am sure she would be so proud of you for this.

love gts

I was so upset to read about WFR. I didn't know her, but that doesn't matter. She was a BB, so therefore that made her my friend, and I hate it when friends suffer.

I'm so upset that she found herself in such a dark place that she felt this was her only solution. At least she is at peace now, and hopefully looking down on all of us and cheering us on.

My heartfelt sympathies go to her family and all her friends. Their pain must be excruciating.

Hoosierfans,

thank you for taking out the time to write such a beautiful, well-thought out post! i admire your strength and positive out look!

the loss of WFR in a lot of D/R has me reeling a little bit and my head is spinning but i know it's all the withdrawal process and things will always get better. i am really sorry for the deep loss you must be feeling at this time and pray for a comforting energy to blanket you and your stuffed animal :angel: i still have my black Teddy Bear from when i just turned 1 year but there isn't enough room for the both of us on a couch ::) we are never too old for those Teddy Bears!

Love, pretty

All,

Thank you so much for the kind words, they mean so much to me.  My heart has grown a few sizes this week with all the support and love I have felt.

Many of you know that I'm an attorney, so words are where I find my strength.  I am so glad this post could help some people; you are right, it will be a lasting tribute to WFR if ANY of our journeys are easier because of what we have learned from her struggle.

Her family buried her yesterday.  It was a difficult day for me thinking of them so far away.  Then all of a sudden I found myself driving in the car and "I'll be the one" came on the radio....I knew it was a message from WFR that we all are "the one, to help you through" by helping our fellow BB.  The sun was shining.  It was a God - given moment.  :angel:

So sad for you, Hoosierfans.  What a blessing you are to your friend WFR.  Thank you for the post.  Good advice to try to follow...I have a very hard time with acceptance. 

Praying for your healing, my healing and every Benzo Buddy that is suffering.  :smitten:

Oh....her funeral was today....

Goodbye, Marcy honey.... rest in sweet peace and harmony......your soul has been set free, and I know youre smiling down on us as you soar.

Thank you, Hoosierfans for this wonderful post.  I am brand new to BB so I did not know WFR, but your words paint a picture of a beautiful person.  I am so very sorry for your loss and am thinking of you and of her loved ones.

I also appreciate your tips very much.

Thanks again for such a wonderful tribute to your friend.

In sympathy,

Cat

Hoosierfans,

You have "honored" WFR with all that you wrote.  I pray each and every bb reads what you have written, prints a copy out and reads it each and every day.

Our dear WFR is smiling with her spiritual love on all your words.  Fly with the Angels dear WFR.. :smitten: :smitten: My heart is broken for her family, most especially for her dear sister who I have come to know.  Thank you again H..

Hugs, Pattylu

Thank you so much for posting this. Most of us have been in very dark places and this thought of ending our lives has occurred. I really do not want to end my life, just end the unrelenting suffering that I am going through. That is what is so hard about coming off Benzo's is that it goes on for so long😁😰 it does get unbearable at times. My prayers and love are with the family and friend left behind. There needs to be so much education and awareness of benzo addiction, and how to get off of them. There is so much suffering.😍

Fly, fly little wing

Fly beyond imagining

The softest cloud, the whitest dove

Upon the wind of heaven's love

Past the planets and the stars

Leave this lonely world of ours

Escape the sorrow and the pain

And fly again

Fly, fly precious one

Your endless journey has begun

Take your gentle happiness

Far too beautiful for this

Cross over to the other shore

There is peace forevermore

But hold this mem'ry bittersweet

Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear

Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear

Your heart is pure, your soul is free

Be on your way, don't wait for me

Above the universe you'll climb

On beyond the hands of time

The moon will rise, the sun will set

But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing

Fly where only angels sing

Fly away, the time is right

Go now, find the light

im really sorry about marcy. she never acted like she would end it all. i wish she wouldve told me more. in fact, last time we pm'd she said she was going to sue her Dr.

if i knew she was this upset i wouldve told her to check into a hospital. its hard for me not to belive there arent caring ppl locally to help us at that level of despair.

anyways my heart goesout to her family. i know she had a son. she was a teacher, too. im sure alot of people will miss her.

rest in peace Marcy.

Hoosier I am so sorry to hear of your good friend, and fellow BB passing. It brings tears to my eyes. I will keep WFR and her friends and family in my prayers.

A beautiful tribute to her, and the best advice given . Thank you

hugs Willow

A tradgedy of the most painful proportions. I never knew WFR but as a fellow BB I feel as though I have lost a family member.

And so I grieve, and grieve, and grieve  :'( .

May the almighty God bring down a curse on these damnable benzos and the horrible things they do to good people.

My love, condolences, and care go to the family, and to you; hoosierfan...thanks for sharing.

Dave

I feel for her so much... And that a withdrawal from a prescription med can make someone take their own life.. No words for how wrong and tragic this is. My thoughts are with all that knew her. X

Thanks Hoosier for taking the time to write this out. You are a good cheerleader, nice to have you on my side.  :smitten:

GT,

I would fly up to Boston, don a mini skirt and pom poms, and dance wildly like a rabid monkey outside your house if it would help you get through one more day of this!!!  xoxoxoxoxo my friend!

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/Hoosierfans/SH-CARL016/Photobucket/spartan-cheerleaders_zpsfa05d74d.png

Hahahaha you are the best, I love will ferrel  :laugh:

Hoosierfans.....

What you wrote was incredibly remarkable.  It had to have taken you much time to carefully think about what you wanted to write and then to have written it.  This is the supreme act of caring and love.

I am very saddened to learn of the death of your friend. I did not know her, by the way.

Please heed your own words during the time of your grief and mourning.

May what you have written be read by many and may it save the lives of many.

You write superbly, I have to say.

May your friend, her BB's, and her family and friends be comforted and their pain eased.  Never, ever is it easy to lose a friend or family member to suicide.  Hopefully, all will understand all with which she had been dealing and realize that choosing to enter into a new life was a choice that she believed she had to make.

Blessings to you, Hoosierfans and to all who have posted here.

- Y -

I am so sorry to hear this.  I am also struggling with benzo (restoril) withdrawl and have had bad thoughts also.  Sometimes, the pain is so great, you want to just give up.  Thank you for the post.  I pray for her and thanks for the advice in the post.  NEVER GIVE UP!