• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [jr...]

• [...]

• [ro...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm just learning about titrating, the video was very informative, well done. I'm very nervous about this titrating but I know the time has come and I have to do this. I am determined to do it. I'm not sure where I go to put my history down as I see everyone has at the bottom of their responses.

Thanks for being here for me.

Just adding a bit more experience now that I'm several months in on this

method of tapering (cutting using gram scale):

- I'm cutting clonazepam, not valium.  I decided to stick with this med

rather than try switching over.  Just my choice.  It's going fine.  :)

- I abandoned the closing of the lid thing.  I noticed that it was making

a difference in the readings:  sometimes .003mg at the most.  But I

decided to just go with the method I'd been using from the start,

using the logic that it's all relative and the amount of product I'm

dealing with is so small that there's no reason to nitpick.

- Static became a non-issue when I began doing my cutting sessions

barefoot!  I'm not joking.  It was static in my body (and whatever I

handled, including the tweezers and scale buttons, etc).  That did

not appear when I did a session barefoot one morning, so I now use

taking off my shoes as my first step in my taper cutting sessions.  :)

Just a little fyi.. maybe it'll help somebody, maybe not. 

Heal well my friends, we're all on our way off the stuff,  :D

- Slappy

• 4 weeks later...

I find using a razor blade and a smaller tablet .5 mg of Ativan works best. I was tapering .25 mg every 2 weeks off of a 1 mg table but my w/d symptoms were terrible, I just wanted to die. I think the problem was I was getting differing amounts every taper so I couldn't stabilize.

I went to my doctor and he gave me the .5 mg Ativan tablets and it is much better, I take 1/4 of the tablet off at a taper and my w/d is much more manageable.

I find keeping real busy, especially with my mind, helpful, sometimes I get caught up in what I am doing and a window appears. I am so grateful when that happens. I'm a retired nurse turned graphic designer. I have a long way to go still but I am determined to do this.

Good luck with your tapering.  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Thanks, all, for the advice--I am going to begin a daily taper with a scale.

Kian--thanks for posting the video.

Slappy--barefoot--who knew? Good advice.

Anybody I've forgotten (with my benzo brain, very likely), thanks!

Iggy  :smitten:

• 3 months later...

So can the scale be used for Xanax or not?  I'd hate to spend the money and find out I can't use it.  I'm on .75 mg.  Thanks.

Yes, a gram scale can be used for tapering Xanax.  But I did not need to use a scale for my taper.  I simply quartered .25mg pills with a pill cutter.  Some of the benzos don't come in lower doses.  In these cases, I can see why a scale might be important.  Most who taper Xanax do not use a scale.

• 1 month later...
I feel absolutely retarded...I want to do this method so I can taper by doing dry cutting instead of just pill cutting but I just do not understand the math and the calculations behind it. It seems like everyone here understands it but I'm so out of it from decreasing 60mg a week of klonopin to just 14mg that I have a very hard time understanding the concept. Can anyone help me?  :'(

The gram scale i bought is rubbish...it jumps around by 0.005 grams. So i don't know what to do. Its a smart weigh like the american weight i think they are from the same factory. I don't think i can have so much inaccuracies- last night i shaved some off a tablet and it came in heavier than when i weighed the full tablet

• 2 months later...
[89...]

I feel absolutely retarded...I want to do this method so I can taper by doing dry cutting instead of just pill cutting but I just do not understand the math and the calculations behind it. It seems like everyone here understands it but I'm so out of it from decreasing 60mg a week of klonopin to just 14mg that I have a very hard time understanding the concept. Can anyone help me?  :'(

I'm not sure what your'e asking, but I will tell you what I did. I weighed the whole pill and used that as a basis for cutting. In my case I actually started with cutting my tazodone. The whole pill weighed  280mg.  10% of that is 28mg. So I cut 28 mg off to make a 252 mg pill. Then the next cut was 25 mg to make a 227 mg pill, and so forth. I used a jeweler's scale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If anyone needs a GEMINI 20, I'm done with mine and can ship Monday. Asking $20 since its only been used a few times. Paypal ready. Messge me if interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just found that exact same scale on Amazon for under $25 -

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM

If anyone needs help with their calculations let me know.

God Bless you Treestump,  I couldn't remember where to get it, well or exactly what to get.  I am trying to dry cut Xanax .5mg footballs,  yikes  :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

can someone who uses a gram scale tell me; Do they power off themselves after a minute?

My new one does and I can't figure it out. It's unusable this way.

• 3 weeks later...
The power stays on a GEM20, if you keep putting pills on it. But with this method, he is only using a razor, when a metal finger nail file is also needed as you go down. I also counted 10 pills, added them up, and divided it by 10 to get the average pill weight. Weighing 1 pill is not enough, IMO. Good post, tho.

• 1 month later...

Would a Gemini gram scale be good for tapering Remeron, a 7.5 mg pill? Those who have done it for Rem, what was your experience like? Accurate or not so much. I'm getting ready for a taper. Thanks.

Becky  :smitten:

Would a Gemini gram scale be good for tapering Remeron, a 7.5 mg pill? Those who have done it for Rem, what was your experience like? Accurate or not so much. I'm getting ready for a taper. Thanks.

i tapered off remeron using the gram scale. not 100% accurate, but i thought it got the job done.  good way to taper remeron imo so go for it.  all the best wished to you.

take good care.

kian

i tapered off remeron using the gram scale. not 100% accurate, but i thought it got the job done.  good way to taper remeron imo so go for it.  all the best wished to you.

take good care.

kian

How did you do it? Shave off pieces? How big were your cuts?