[so...]

Dear LoriLee: Sorry to hear you are still experiencing W/S such as the WAVE that just hit you...I'm curious if you or anyone else has read if the duration of time on Benzo's has any co-relation to the severity of post W/D symptoms?..

Just made another cut, and my muscle soreness seems to be subsiding a bit....stomach is off and on, but tolerable...I reading a good book on stress and the author suggests tensing the muscles from the feet upwards to the head then releasing, then tensing at half the amount  and so on....It seems to have helped my abdominal discomfort somewhat... :)Once again, exercise seems to help reducing the anxiety and I've found hydro therapy works too....If you have access to a pool, swimming has a calming affect, as well as a form of  low impact exercise... also it's a stress/anxiety reducer...

Will be switching over to Clono in a week gradually...Colin suggested crushing .25 of Clono. in glass of milk,  drinking 1/4 of the glass, then crushing .5 of Ativan in milk, and drinking 3/4 of the glass, holding for a wk, then doing half and half, etc, until the dosage is converted to Clono...

It makes sense to switch benzos gradually, as with tapering  allowing the body to adjust to the new benzo.

Then I can start titrating for a ( hopefully ::) smooth finish! As you mentioned Lori, I'm going to titrate the last bit....will pose the details to Colin after I've switched to 1 benzo...makes sense  8)

Anyhow, Lori are you feeling better, and do you find certain things help with your symptoms? You ARE getting better,( those 2 day windows are proof!) and KNOWING this certainly gives us all strength when the road gets rough!

Cheers!

SW007

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [so...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kel: sounds like you had a good taper, and mimimal post withdrawal symptoms?  Any words of wisdom on what you did to help things along?

Thanks

SW007

Hi Sw007,

I don't know about any words of wisdom. My taper did go really well. I tend to make my self panic so I had to work really hard on that, with both breathing and visualization techs. There were times when I would wake up really depressed and my first thought was I was mad I woke up at all. Which is strange for me, because I'm not negative like that. But I would get up and just let the feeling scare me and then I would walk around around talking to myself about all the reasons I shouldn't be depressed. I also started having pre-menopause crap while tapering, so I'm not sure what is from what. The depression really scared me. I have a happy life and that is really not how I am. I started taking vitamins w/iron, when the dizziness got to bad. I had that for a while, But once I made sure I was getting a little iron, they got alot better. I was lucky most of my symptoms didn't stay for long. Once I realized I was having one it was gone. I guess my temper was shorter, I didn't realize that, My kids were sure to point that out. I really believe the more we stress over how we are feeling in the moment makes a difference. Just as you can make a symptom feel worse you can also make it less.I'm not saying anyone struggles because they want to, I just started noticing my own patterns, and once I did I was able to deal with it better and have more control. The lasting thing I have is tinnitus. I'm doing acupuncture for that. I was going regularly and I got a huge amount of relief. It kicked back up a little, but I haven't been in, so I'm going again next week and I'll see if the relief is as strong as it was before. If so I'll continue on a maintenance program.

So how are you doing? Are things going ok with you? I hope your journey is not too hard. I knoww I was lucky and I'm really very glad for that. I did always hold the 14 days just to make sure all was well. I'm wishing you lots of luck .kel

Hey LoriLee: how are things going for you?....haven't heard, however you are probably busy helping others...give us an update! Hope you are well! :thumbsup:

SW007

Hi Kel; funny you mentioned tinnitus, as I have this a bit in my left ear...

I've got some muscle/ joint stiffness which I stretch out with exercise and yoga...started taking Magnesium, so hope that works...Will give accupunture a shot for the tinnitus, and I have sciatica which flares up at times..

Oh the joys of aging!  ::)

Will be converting my nightime dose of Ativan to Clono in a wk, as I am going away, and don't want any unwanted symptoms during my trip...

Currently at: 2 daily doses of Clono .1875, .5 Ativan at bed..

Been sleeping well, but am preparing myself for some sleepness nights when I get down to the end and post benzo...The main thing is now I KNOW what to expect, and that takes the anxiety level down a few notches for me, as I've been through it before... Last summer I had a mild concussion, and I realized in hind sight that I stopped taking Ativan  right after, and started to have constant headaches, and waking up every 2 hours, which are common Benzo w/d  symptoms.... was away a few times later in the year and felt flulike symptoms with insomnia, and now realize this was ALL BENZO related, which now motivates me to get off these devil pills.

I just talked with someone last night, and explained my journey to Benzoland, and she mentioned that she was taking Clono for sleep and hadn't taken it in 3 nights and felt achey and flulike...I told her to read the Ashton manual, and not to stop the benzos cold turkey!!! She had NO CLUE, as her Doctor or Pharmacist never mentioned anything....plus my pet peeve...NO RED WARNING LABELS!!

Anyhow, just trying to collect as much information for a smooth taper, and post Benzo life...

The BEST thing for me about BB's is that I realize that I can get through this, and there is a better life on the other side of all of this!!! Kind of like being in a storm and knowing the sky WILL clear...

It's encouraging to read successful stories, as there are a lot of fears with the end of a taper, and post benzo life...

Thanks for your post!

SW007

It's encouraging to read successful stories, as there are a lot of fears with the end of a taper, and post benzo life...

Hey SW,

Glad you are doing pretty well today! It's amazing how many people I have told about my benzo experience that then say they are on a benzo or know someone that is. I'm about to start asking, Who isn't on a benzo??? I think what we fear the most about the end of a taper and post benzos is the "unknown." Not knowing what symptoms we will experience or how long they will last. The thought that keeps coming to my mind during withdrawals is that this is never going to end. I think EVERYONE thinks this way in the middle of it and it's really a big fat lie of a thought! I find success stories to be very encouraging and one day, you and I will have to write ours as well!!

Lori :smitten:

Hi All: just a question to those who experience tinnitus...Hopefully, it lessens after time, as it's just starting to affect me on my taper...also and suggestions for relief?

Thanks

SW007

Hi All: just a question to those who experience tinnitus...Hopefully, it lessens after time, as it's just starting to affect me on my taper...also and suggestions for relief?

Thanks

SW007

Hi SW,

I have seen a few suffer from it. Kel is using acupuncture for it and having some success. Your best bet is to click "forum" above and then type it in the search box. You should find lots of discussions on it.  :thumbsup: Dr. Ashton also mentions it in the manual.  :thumbsup:

T2 :smitten:

Hi Sw007,

When you get on the klono, maybe you will get some over all relief from it being long acting. Well, we can always hope right. I'm going to go back to my Dr. tomorrow, for more accupuncture. A lady who works with me sent her husband for the ear ringing and also sciatica on Fri and today. He had never tried it before. He couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. So tody she said he has lots of relief in the leg and is moving around and also much relief in the ears. She alos said that he put a bottom somewhere on his ear to push during the day that also helps. Don't know what that is , but I'm going to ask tomorrow. I'll let you know. So if my buzz goes down tomorrow I'll know for sure that it really works for me. I'll let you know. It truely messes with your head. Mine was so loud I could not hear a conversation unless some one spoke really loud. I drove my family crazy. The accupuncture lowered the noise and also the pitch of the noise. Even though the noise has gone up a little, the pitch has not. So still success in my opinion. Have fun while you are gone, don't worry about your taper. You are doing great!. I'll keep checking in to see how you are doing.  :thumbsup: Kel

Hi Kel: just checking in to see if the accupuncture helped for the tinnitus?

I just have it in one ear, and it's not unbearable but irritating.... I have read that some people are still experiencing it after months benzo free....is this typical, or the exception?

Thanks

SW007

Hi All< just curious if anyone knows if it's ok to take Ginseng while tapering...I checked with my pharmacist, and he said it would not interact with the benzos, however I wanted to check if anyone had any experiences on it.

I was at a friends this weekend, and he had a cold!!!....So I wanted to take it to stengthen my immune system..

Or any other alternatives ...

Thanks

SW007

Hi Beeper: are you still experiencing tinnitus?...has it improved?

SW007

Sorry, I just saw this question, SW.  Yes, unfortunately, the tinnitus is still here.  I had a brief (~2 hours) time when the volume was less so I'm hoping it will be like other w/d symptom windows; happening more frequently and lasting longer.

BTW, about the ginseng, I'm kind of leary of most all herbal supplements while tapering but you could try ginseng tea and see how that goes.  I usually take extra vit. C when folks around me have colds, sometimes suck on zinc lozenges.  Did you ever hear of them?  The last ones I tried tasted awful so it must work, right? :P

Hey Beeper: Thanks for the input...too bad about the tinnitus, but if you are having little windows, then that's encouraging...I might try one of the Ginseng tabs and see how that goes...it's a product called Cold fx here in Canada and works well for fending off a cold before it starts...

My tinnitus is quite minor, (Only in 1 ear so far) however I'm not finished my taper...started about a wk ago, so HOPE it doesn't get worse...when I yawn and stretch my mouth open and hold it seems to help temporarily... Give it a try!....Reading the Ashton manual says it usually resolves in  time, however some still have it for some time after  tapering...

I think Kel has it too...I'm going to give Accupunture a shot, as she had some success with that...

Had a bit of anxiety yesterday before my supper dose, however I was out of town, and didn't have it at home today so maybe it was environmental?

I'm crossing over the Ativan to Clono starting tonight...per Colin's suggestion...

Crushing .25 Clono in milk

Crushing .5 Ativan in milk

Drinking 1/4 Clon

Drinkin3/4 Ativan holding for 7 days, then half and half and so on.

If anyone else knows of an interaction with Gingeng ( North American) Please jump in!

Thanks

SW007

Hi All: Any thoughts on Ginseng and reaction with Clono/Ativan while tapering.

I've got a cold coming on, and this product that works well, contains it. (Ginseng: North American, not Siberian)

Thanks

SW007

Hi All: just wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts about where I am in my taper.

Today I cut my morning dose of Clono from .1875 to .125

Supper dose  still at .1875

At  bedtime, I'm switching Ativan .5 to .25 Clono....gradually over 3wks

As you can see, my larger dose is at bedtime.

I was going to cut the supper dose next in 10 days to .125

But  then what would be the next move?

Morning dose down to .625 then Supper to the same,  then reduce to 1 day dose?

Then start cutting down the  bedtime dose last?

I know it's important to have the doses balanced throughout the day for blood levels, however, I've heard that saving your larger dose for bed is good for sleeping...

Perhaps it's time to start titrating?

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Songwriter007

Hi SW,

I think I would reduce the nighttime dose a little before reducing the am and supper dose again.

T2 :smitten:

Hi T2: That's what I was thinking to balance things out....I know eventually I'm going to have to start cutting into that bedtime dose, and sleep will suffer, but it has to be done, and hopefully, if I do it gradually I won't notice it...making the Clono/Ativan switch tonight.

SW007

Hi T2: That's what I was thinking to balance things out....I know eventually I'm going to have to start cutting into that bedtime dose, and sleep will suffer, but it has to be done, and hopefully, if I do it gradually I won't notice it...making the Clono/Ativan switch tonight.

SW007

Hoping your crossover goes smoothly!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks T2 for the heads up ;D I'll do it per Colin's suggestion, so it shouldn't be a problem...having a bit of anxiety, but coping with it!

SW007

Hi Again T2; are you experiencing many post w/s?....I may have asked before, but just curious.

SW007

I just have some achy joints (could be old age), some insomnia (could be thyroid or menopause). I am doing great otherwise!  :thumbsup:

That's good to hear T2 somtimes I forget that some of this may be aging as well! LOL!

I guess having a postive attitude about beatin this thing is essential.

Onwards and upwards,...any thoughts on Ginseng during tapering...I've got a bit of a cold coming on, and a cold remedy I know has this in it.

SW007