• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [er...]

• [li...]

• [No...]

• [pr...]

There should be a like button on here :) I believe it will return, in time once we all heal. Thanks Erika, at least I am getting my sense of humor back  :laugh:

Yes it does!  Feels like how I would feel talking to my girl friends if I hadn't lost so many from this horrid process.  Youguys truly get it.  So many times I wwondered if it was just me or the benzo but it's obviously got to be withdrawaland all our hormones being out of whack.  Hang tight girls!  We will be beautiful and strong again!

;DMaybe e should go to Hollywood  as extras for zombies movies .

Maybe  because  Clon and other drugs are used also as muscles relaxa... , maybe when we quit  our muscles crash  and need time till they get back .

Because is not normal , I exercise all this time  and eat the same and they crash over night .

And now we all have the same symptom , ,,,zombie look  ,, ;) ; I believe somehow  all lost muscles come back to us .

Is horrible what happen to us , but little humor  i can see in this  tread . ;D:smitten:

All I know is this: Today is HALLOWEEN, and I already have my costume, ME, MYSELF AND I.

NFM    :angel:

[

Yes welcome  to zombie  club    , I going  first  , my mask is  on      :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:/quote]

During wd, I looked awful. Friends were worried.

Now, 3 months out, I'm getting compliments again.

Here's how I look at it - benzos alter the brain at a fundamental level. If you ask yourself, what part of the body is not under the affect of the brain? Nothing. This is why the list of symptoms is so varied. Everything is affected. And as the brain normalizes, we come back.

Thank God

River

During wd, I looked awful. Friends were worried.

Now, 3 months out, I'm getting compliments again.

Here's how I look at it - benzos alter the brain at a fundamental level. If you ask yourself, what part of the body is not under the affect of the brain? Nothing. This is why the list of symptoms is so varied. Everything is affected. And as the brain normalizes, we come back.

Thank God

River

At 3 months out, like yourself,  I pretty much looked the same, as you do now.  I'm thinking that over the course of 15 months I slowly became tired looking from constant stress and lack of sleep.  I am starting to believe this whole thing is going to take more than just a year to recover , as I had hoped it would.  It's really taken a toll on my body...I see it in the mirror everyday.  I know I sound like a broken record but I'm really upset about this.  I'm worried because my habits haven't changed---I eat the same and exercise the same, yet there's been a major change in the way I look and feel---just in the past year.

Thanks again everybody for sharing your stories.  You've made me laugh while I feel like breaking down and crying.  The term "Zombie" is the best description for the way I feel and look right now. It's like I can no longer hide what's been going inside of my body and now it's being revealed on my face and body...it took a few months to show but now it's making itself known.

me too

i have that well weathered look that i never thought i would and only looks good on Keanu Reeves ~ God who painted him? :smitten:

i don't want to be a weatherd person anymore/give me life/take away this pain/give me myself again ~

am the only one who has has gray hairs in a patch where the brain feels injured?

hahah I could win the zombie contest.  I am so sorry for all of you but this thread makes me laugh then feel sad for all of us.  my husband helps alot he tells me I still am beautiful even tho I don't look at all well.  the muscle mass is my biggest fear.  I have lost so much I am afraid I will not be able to firm up my arms  they look really bad and I have weight gain on my face like a double chin which I cannot stand.

Re: looking like a zombie.  I looked like one for Halloween but I called myself "shades of 2009"  :laugh:  Those who know me understood -- and sadly, agreed!

I would just like to add that it's not all ladies here.  I am a total zombie, puffy eyes, benzo belly.  6 Months out.

[/

]

So cute  K , eyes will gt back to normal ,  :D

Re: looking like a zombie.  I looked like one for Halloween but I called myself "shades of 2009"  :laugh:  Those who know me understood -- and sadly, agreed!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just stood in the doorway as "myself" and scared all the kids, therefore kept more candy for me to add to my 20lb benzo  weight gain :laugh:

Ladygrace12

Hello everyone, I'm 40yr old male and can completely relate since my face looks kind of grayish and ...just bad. But I'm starting to heal mentally and noticed that a few months back I couldn't make clear judgements on anything, including my appearance.  I was kind of paranoid and very nervous so I thought people were always looking at me, and I thought they were noticing how awful I looked, but now that my mind is calming down its easy to look back and see that I was VERY critical of myself.  My overall appearance has improved much and so has my self esteem and it happened naturally as I got further away from valium. I think your all gonna be pleasantly surprised the more you heal. I hope this encourages someone. Thanks all!

I bought some jojoba oil a while ago, before I went into w/d.  I was all worried about wrinkles.  My perspective has changed.

But anyway, I started using it again the other night.  I think I notice a difference.  Just throwing that out there.