• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I generally agree with that position etown. But niacinamide has such a benign profile at moderate doses, I see little risk in the experiment. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to stop in to say Hello to everyone....and say I got a new plan and it feels Great!!! Sometimes I forget we always have options and i thinks it's time a use a few for sure!!! Lol

Always wondering soon as I wake up before work I always have this big headache and flu like feeling... Anyone else??

Mr scared Ottawa.

Ottawa - I am happy you have embraced your new plan and look forward to sharing the decent down the mountain with you. You'll still need a little grit over the next few weeks but be patient and the world will settle down.

etown

Scared,

Lately I am waking up with a stuffy nose so I blame Etown for spreading his benzo flu to us!!  (not really!)  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I do not get headaches much tho

Busy day for me at work.  Got a new potential customer coming to inspect our plant so have to do the dog and pony show all day.  These types of visits are not stressful per se, but sometimes the nickle tour can last quite a while if they are not familiar with our manufacturing process and ask a lot of questions.  Anyway, at least I get to leave early today so it should be fine.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

Mr scared,

So glad that you are feeling better! That was so great to see. You deserve a break. Feeling good for you. You know that. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Eliz - good thing you said (just kidding) lol. You and I are like poured from the same cloth. First the weekly cycle thing and now the stuffy nose in the morning. I didn't even think about it. I thought it was just a "stuffy nose in the morning".

It is Thursday though and I feel better already. My wife and I are big Christmas people and she is getting set to decorate. It is such a fun thing to watch her decorate. Move stuff around, get it exactly in the right place. We had a heavy frost last night so all the flowers outside are pooched. si it looks like winter is here. We don't get too much snow where we live but it can get a little nasty at times. I'm kinda looking forward to winter this year which is odd for me because I hate being cold. However, work does quiet down a lot in the winter months so I will get some stress relief. I am so proud of the quality people on this thread and I'm impressed at how we stick together and support each other. Ottawa needs some cheerleading right now and here we are.

Go Ottawa!

and everyone else too.

etown

Wow Etown I can't believe it is already snow weather there.  Here in the Chihuahuan Desert it is still in the 80s in the afternoons although nights are down in the 40s because we are in the mountains 4000 ft above sea level.

How can you be decorating for Christmas already - it's not even Halloween yet!!!  :nono:

I usually do not start that until after our Thanksgiving on November 25th.  Ah well she might have the right idea.  It is a considerable amount of work and this way you get to enjoy it longer, right?  :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm a SAHM. I can't get disability leave from my kids.

My husband's taken over many of the chores, but I still do whatever I can.

Sadly, I've had to postpone returning to school because of the benzos and other health issues.

Rriver - welcome to this thread. I checked your signatur to  see where you are in your taper and didn't see anything. This thread has some awesome people and can give you tons ofsupport if we know where you are and some history. Sucks not being able to work.Sounds like your husband is a gem

etown

River,

Welcome. I've got kids too and it's such a mixed blessing to have them around while going through benzo withdrawal. I've often wished I could get disability leave from my kids for just a short while! But that's not going to happen so I'm trucking along with the help of my husband. Good husbands are priceless!

Peace

Hi Peace2 and Etown!  :)

Thanks for the welcome! I've added a signature. You can see where I'm at in my taper. I didn't use Ativan very long, but I had such severe interdose w/d and suffered so much when dry cutting, that I switched to titration.

Benzo buddies may have saved my life or at least kept me out of a mental hospital. I didn't know about interdose w/d. I was taking my dose all at night and going psychotic every day around 3:00 pm. A Buddie told me to spread out the dose, I felt better the same day.

In addition to this benzo craziness, I'm dealing with a medical condition called gastroparesis. Basically, my stomach is too slow. Gives me pain and it's hard to eat and I'm on a restricted diet for now.  I'm taking domperidone and remeron to help.

My husband is a champ.  :smitten:

I have 2 children. My son is 4 1/2 and my daughter is 8. I know what you mean about children being a mixed blessing. On one hand, I have a reason to get out of bed. On the other hand . . . I have to get out of bed. That's been hard some days.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Rriver

Hey River thanks for the sig. What is your daily reduction rate. As you can see from my sig I have a long way to go and have had a large unfortunate incident. I am now much stronger mentally and physically due to a slow daily taper. At your dose you should be coming down mighty slow. How are your symptoms and what are they and are they intense? The advantage of the slow taper is you can really minimize symptoms as you taper so you can still have a life.

etown

p.s. stick around we need cool people

Ottawa Its callled Phosphatidylserine. Get the one from a company called Natural Factors. They use Sharp PS which is a well respected manufacturer of PS.

etown

Hey River thanks for the sig. What is your daily reduction rate. As you can see from my sig I have a long way to go and have had a large unfortunate incident. I am now much stronger mentally and physically due to a slow daily taper. At your dose you should be coming down mighty slow. How are your symptoms and what are they and are they intense? The advantage of the slow taper is you can really minimize symptoms as you taper so you can still have a life.

etown

p.s. stick around we need cool people

Hi Etown,

I haven't figured out my daily reduction rate. I started at .1 mg/day until a Buddie told me to slow down. So I've been holding for a week just to be safe. However, so far I seem stable at .70 mg, so I plan to resume tapering maybe at .03 per week (not sure what that would be daily, maybe .004 mg).

You say I should come down mighty slow at my dose. Could you explain please? I'm new at this and appreciate any advice.

So far I have a lot of gi symptoms and insomnia, although I had that before the Ativan. What's new is that if I'm late for a dose or back when I was dry cutting too fast I would get burning in my arms, weird thoughts, severe depression and crippling anxiety. I'm fatigued all the time. Not sleeping well.

How are you doing? What is your reduction rate? How much longer do you have to go?

Has anything helped minimize your symptoms? I've had good results with the adrenal cocktail and Mid-Nite herbal sleep aid.

Kind regards,

Rriver

River..I range from .015mg/day to .017mg/day. What helps me with symptoms is knowing my daily taper rate and making sure my symptoms stay 70/30. I will probably be a few years yet but I don't care because my goal is  to minimize symptoms and heal on the way down. Slow for you should be looking a 6 months to a year to dump the last .70 dependi g on your symptoms.

Feel free to ask me lots of questions

Etown

Hey Everyone,

Happy Monday...............Boo  >:(

Hi River,

Welcome to the working thread.  If anyone says staying home and taking care of children isn't work then they have never done it!

I am currently reducing at .016mg daily but would probably not be in near as good of shape if it was not for Etown's help back when I was struggling at 1.75mg.  He helped me switch over to daily cutting and things are much better now.  I did a 10 day hold recently, because I noticed a slight uptick in symptoms and am back to cutting again starting last Friday.

As Bart has said, one day this will all be in the rear view mirror.

Hope everyone has a stress free work week.

:)

Eliz - I can't tell you how proud I am of you. Pick a smart plan and go with it. Brilliant my dear...brilliant! And look at you, before you know it you will drop below 1mg and be on your way. You have done great and the guts to just hold is worth my respect. I had a short hold even at my dose and will continue with "the plan". 10 days is a good choice because of the time it takes for the brain to readjust.

And a big shout out to Bart. He's been so much help to me too.

etown

I've been cutting again and now feel like my head is full of lead. This is always my main symptom of withdrawal. Why does it happen that reducing my sedative makes me feel more sedated?

Hey Everyone,

Happy Monday...............Boo  >:(

Hi River,

Welcome to the working thread.  If anyone says staying home and taking care of children isn't work then they have never done it!

I am currently reducing at .016mg daily but would probably not be in near as good of shape if it was not for Etown's help back when I was struggling at 1.75mg.  He helped me switch over to daily cutting and things are much better now.  I did a 10 day hold recently, because I noticed a slight uptick in symptoms and am back to cutting again starting last Friday.

As Bart has said, one day this will all be in the rear view mirror.

Hope everyone has a stress free work week.

:)

Hi Eliz,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm feeling a little discouraged about how long this is going to take. However, if the alternative is worse, well, I guess this will have to do.

So far, as my dose goes down, I feel like I'm healing. I may have w/d but so far I'm a lot less depressed and apathetic. My thoughts are clearer. I may have gained back about 10 IQ points  :laugh:

Did anyone else notice that they felt better in some respects as they went down?

I hope everyone's having a good day,

Rriver