klonopin addiction 7 years

[...]

Would it hurt my taper if i took an occasional elavil to help me sleep?

I tried trazadone, a drug similar to elavil, for the same reason, edro.  I did get some sleep but also a bad headache the next day.  It didn't hurt my tapering or rev up any symptoms, though. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [tr...]

• [st...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

This is edro i have not been feeling well i stopped cutting the klonopin,i just dont know what to do,this paxil wd has almost killed me i tried to register on a paxil withdrawal forum,but i am to scatterbrained to figure out the registration,i have also stopped the elavil,but i only took it for 10 days.This paxil withdrawal has almost destroyed me man i was stupid to cold turkey paxil after being on it for 8 years.I dont know if my body and mind can handle the klonopin taper yet I dont know what to do.I want my life back.

This is edro i have not been feeling well i stopped cutting the klonopin,i just dont know what to do,this paxil wd has almost killed me i tried to register on a paxil withdrawal forum,but i am to scatterbrained to figure out the registration,i have also stopped the elavil,but i only took it for 10 days.This paxil withdrawal has almost destroyed me man i was stupid to cold turkey paxil after being on it for 8 years.I dont know if my body and mind can handle the klonopin taper yet I dont know what to do.I want my life back.

Hey edro,

Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Maybe tomorrow will be better and you can try to register for that paxil withdrawal forum. I have heard other people complain about getting off of paxil. I was on it years ago, but not more than about 4 months. Gained too much weight and I don't think I tapered of the 20mg. I don't remember having any bad reactions, but we are all different when it comes to A/D's and benzos!! Hope your body heals quickly.....

Lori :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
I am having a very hard time you guys are so encouraging and i know i am on a benzo forum but my problems are related to my cold tukey off paxil and my klonopin addiction,getting on the paxil forum is very hard I have had an intense paxil wd cold turkey after being on it for 8 years I have slept only about 3 hours average a night for the past year and i am not tapering the klonopin yet becuse i dont know what to do and I am scared.Please reply

I am having a very hard time you guys are so encouraging and i know i am on a benzo forum but my problems are related to my cold tukey off paxil and my klonopin addiction,getting on the paxil forum is very hard I have had an intense paxil wd cold turkey after being on it for 8 years I have slept only about 3 hours average a night for the past year and i am not tapering the klonopin yet becuse i dont know what to do and I am scared.Please reply

Hi Edro,

I don't know what else to tell you other than to continue your klono taper and heal from that to see if klono is also causing you problems. If I were you, I would google "paxil cold  turkey" and see if you can find any info about that and what lingering symptoms there might be. What does your doctor think about your symptoms?

T2 :smitten:

Hi edro,

Since you've been off the paxil a year and see no improvement that leads me to believe that the klonopin could be part of your problem.  You could be in tolerance and that would make you feel like hell.  Plus, I can't see that it's helping you in any way, it's not even letting you sleep.

I think you should start your Klonopin taper and get off the poisons so your body can really start to heal. 

I know this is a scary thought after all you've been through but I don't know of any other way out for you.  You will heal from all this but it's going to take some time and getting off the drugs. 

If you decide to start your taper we can set up a schedule for you.  Just let us know what you want to do.  I wish I could tell you that there's an easy way out of this but getting rid of the poisons and time is the only way.

TS

Dear Edro,

I am so sorry you are suffering like this. I can totally relate to what you're going thru tho and feel so bad for you. I agree with what TS has said to you about thinking this is now the klon working on you to get you to take more, of something :tickedoff: it's making your mind and body go  :idiot: I too did a c/t from many antidepressants and it took me 2 yrs to do it with a lot of prayers and a meditation with visual scanning of my mind at the time to "clean and heal" it so to speak. That was around '98 at the time but I was still taking clonazapam at the time so I'm sure it didn't help me. I just wish I'd of known what the benzos were doing to me too so I'd of known to get off of it at that time also.

I so hope you stay strong and can start the klon taper as I'd bet money on it that thats what's causing your s/x's still and you won't heal until completely off of everything. I too am having great difficulty now from doing more c/t's off of so many meds in the last yr. But I'm fighting every day to not let these poisons win, and it's a very very tough fight

God Bless you  :smitten:

Thank you for the support i havent been able to post on the paxil wd forum but i have been able to read others post and they are very depressing,unlike this site which is very supportive.Paxil wd is very brutal and from what i have researched the wd is just as bad if not worse than benzos,it is just like the benzos were about 20 years ago when hardly nobody beleived they cused severe wd i just feel like I am stuck in a bad trap,because the paxil wd has hurt my mind and body so bad,i fear that it couldnt handle the benzo wd but on the other hand i know the klonopin is making my wd off paxil worse because the side effects of klonopin are almost identical to the paxil wd side effects.I would not reccomend paxil to anyone who is starting a benzo taper.

Hi edro,

Have you been thinking about tapering from Klonopin?  I also think that is causing alot of your symptoms now.  I am wishing you the very, very best.

Patty  xo

Hi Edro,

I just reread some of the thread again and again I'm sending prayers your way. I know how very very hard it is to get off of antidepressants, and the mental anguish that comes along with it is so hard to deal with. And being on the klon is not helping as many have said here. Although you do need to come off of the klon, I know it also takes a long time to get off of the anti, and all I can say is continue coming to this board for all the help you need emotionally. It helps when others know your pain and can help you with encouraging words and lots of love. It's very hard when we have no one in our lives that understands just how hard we are struggling just to stay alive and that's why this place is so good to come to. Lots of people have been where you are or are going thru it themselves. Stay strong and continue posting, even if you whine like I do, it helps to get it out.  :tickedoff:

I feel if I let the anger take over it lessens the sadness of it all. I also do a lot a lot a lot of prayers and this is what got me thru those awful yrs. of getting off of antis and that was in '98. I do wish you much success and God Bless you so very much with angels of healing  :angel::smitten:

Hey edro,

Sorry I havn't been by to welcome you sooner!  I'm really sorry for everything you're having to go through.  :hug:

I see you started here in December, and I read a few replies to you recommending getting off the Klonopin. 

Did you ever start your Klonopin taper?  ???    How far along on your taper are you now if so?    :)

Praying things get better for you!

Phyllis    :smitten:

Hey edro,

How have you been? Have you been moving forward with your taper? I know you have had a rough time and I just hope that things are better for you. Please update us when you can....

Lori :smitten: